ADVERTISEMENT

usf and uf schedule a 2 for 1 series.

I am on the fence about it. Not really jumping up for joy but the position we are in makes it hard to schedule P5 teams. We shall see.

I doubt UF buys-out the return game (like they did a few years ago) as it is set at $2.5 million. Stranger things have happened, though...

UF is not buying out this game. UF fans love to travel, especially when the game is close like Tampa. UF does not travel to too many destinations other than the usual SEC venues and FSU as they do not play many OOC games away. They will come in huge numbers and USF will rake in some money on ticket sale, especially if they link the UF game to Season ticket sales. UF fans will buy USF season tickets simply to be able to buy good seats for that game. So there is no doubt that they will play the game at RJS

UF is not buying out this game. UF fans love to travel, especially when the game is close like Tampa. UF does not travel to too many destinations other than the usual SEC venues and FSU as they do not play many OOC games away. They will come in huge numbers and USF will rake in some money on ticket sale, especially if they link the UF game to Season ticket sales. UF fans will buy USF season tickets simply to be able to buy good seats for that game. So there is no doubt that they will play the game at RJS

The Glazers who get a piece of everything that happens at Ray Jay are going to love taking their cut off that gate from the Bulls.

First the 5-star transfers, and now this. How does it feel to hear some actual college football news that's real, and not fabricated by your fans?

Ha Ha, little pussy owen paid a visit to the National Champions

Is that guy a 5 star....or is that the number of colleges he's tried to win a starting job at?

Good luck with the 3 UF away games....

Conflicted on this. USF agreeing to Louisville 2-1 is not good but UF is just realistic of the situation & In State home games are so much fun for fans. Imagine how fun it would have been to have UCF fans invade Gainesville or Tallahassee last fall?
I'm not conflicted. However ... it does now put pressure on Danny, pressure he doesn't deserve, but will get.

I know UCF has an On Campus Stadium and bills to pay but there is some that are under the mindset of the Miami Hurricanes mantra of the past to play anybody anywhere to gain respect as a young program.
Can we please stop the "We really need to get back to our '90s scheduling approach" argument?

I'm not conflicted. However ... it does now put pressure on Danny, pressure he doesn't deserve, but will get.

I don't think it puts pressure on Danny. I think DW has a very well reasoned argument for UCF's home and home stance and I think he will be successful at scheduling just enough "Power 5 schools home and home to keep having one home "Power" 5 game and one road "Power" 5 game each season.

I don't think it puts pressure on Danny. I think DW has a very well reasoned argument for UCF's home and home stance and I think he will be successful at scheduling just enough "Power 5 schools home and home to keep having one home "Power" 5 game and one road "Power" 5 game each season.
I guess we're using different definitions.

I 100% agree with you. But I think he'll get a lot of pressure from others, regardless, no matter how cool he handles it.

Stanford, Pittsburgh, UNC and Louisville is a very quality P5 home and away schedule IMO
Any better than this isn’t realistic. Texas would have been nice, but they flaked.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Stanford, Pittsburgh, UNC and Louisville is a very quality P5 home and away schedule IMO. Any better than this isn’t realistic. Texas would have been nice, but they flaked.
I'll take 2 out of 4 'quality' P5 home'n home opponents, versus any 2-for-1 deals.

Unfortunately ... we're looking pretty bare for the 2020s as a result of our 'successes.' I hope that changes within the next year. We'll see.

But I'm 100% with Danny on home'n home, not 2-for-1s. Not worth it.

I'll take 2 out of 4 'quality' P5 home'n home opponents, versus any 2-for-1 deals.

Unfortunately ... we're looking pretty bare for the 2020s as a result of our 'successes.' I hope that changes within the next year. We'll see.

I see UNC and GT on the schedule for 2020.

Reactions: Mikesi
Stanford, Pittsburgh, UNC and Louisville is a very quality P5 home and away schedule IMO
Any better than this isn’t realistic. Texas would have been nice, but they flaked.

The Texas game was away. It was the last game on the last 2 for 1 we signed.

I’m hoping in the 2020’s we will be P5. [cheers]

FYI...Houston just inked a home and home with Utah...sticking with the home and home theme that all AAC schools should be doing.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Not for this guy...

65355_h.jpg
Ha I'll give you that one and Shaq!

This is incorrect. First, it's not a slap in the face. There is no doubt that the most sucessful have worked hard to get where they end up.

That said, the gifted don't know their gift. Genetics are responsible for everything from dwarfism to gigantism. Muscular dystrophy to myostatin deficiency.

For football specifically, speed is an athletic trait that we are not able to improve reliably. People are born to be fast and there's no amount or type of training that can consistently improve it in our athletes. Another good example is height. A taller receiver is desirable over a shorter receiver in order to increase reach and make more catches. No amount of training can increase height. Strength (and its contribution to power) is an athletic attribute that we can improve significantly...but some athletes genetic potentials are a lot higher than others.

No amount of hard work or training could have made me faster than Usain Bolt or Michael Phelps.

In sport physiology a common saying on this topic is, "choose your parents wisely." It's not a popular belief but in some ways, we are not born equal.
Yes, speed and height are genetic traits. However, they are not athletic traits. That's why the tallest guy and also a faster guy, may be on the bench behind other guys who have developed, through hard work, their route running, strength, agility and balance. There are untold instances of high school and college players who start in the secondary ahead of guys who are faster than them. Why? Because they worked harder and learned the techniques of covering a receiver, while the faster guys didn't develop their ability because maybe they felt being fast was good enough.

In other words, no viable team puts guys on the field on the basis of their genetics. If they want to win, they will play the best athletes, i.e. those who, no matter what genetics they were given, have developed it and molded that capability to be able to perform at a higher level. You will never be able to line up recruits in ascending order of "desirable genetic traits" (speed and height included) and come away with a credible list indicating those who will be the better athletes. Case in point, the fastest guy and most muscular guy in my high school was afraid of contact. He never panned out as a football player as he was so afraid he never tried out for the team. A genetics fan would have recruited and tried to play him... big mistake as he never would have come out of the locker room. The most important traits of an athlete: determination, perseverance and fearlessness.

Last edited:
Yes, speed and height are genetic traits. However, they are not athletic traits. That's why the tallest guy and also a faster guy, may be on the bench behind other guys who have developed, through hard work, their route running, strength, agility and balance. There are untold instances of high school and college players who start in the secondary ahead of guys who are faster than them. Why? Because they worked harder and learned the techniques of covering a receiver, while the faster guys didn't develop their ability because maybe they felt being fast was good enough.

In other words, no viable team puts guys on the field on the basis of their genetics. If they want to win, they will play the best athletes, i.e. those who, no matter what genetics they were given, have developed it and molded that capability to be able to perform at a higher level. You will never be able to line up recruits in ascending order of "desirable genetic traits" (speed and height included) and come away with a credible list indicating those who will be the better athletes. Case in point, the fastest guy and most muscular guy in my high school was afraid of contact. He never panned out as a football player as he was so afraid he never tried out for the team. A genetics fan would have recruited and tried to play him... big mistake as he never would have come out of the locker room. The most important traits of an athlete: determination, perseverance and fearlessness.
Speed is an athletic trait. Didn't read your full reply but the first few lines have several misunderstandings of human training and performance.

Speed is an athletic trait. Didn't read your full reply but the first few lines have several misunderstandings of human training and performance.
Speed is a physical trait, but not an athletic trait. I know several very fast guys who lack good balance and agility. They can't even come out of a set of track blocks properly. I.e. they lack athleticism, which is a skilled application of physical traits. Having speed does not guarantee that you will have any type of athleticism. Maybe you haven't been around enough fast guys to know this. You may not notice the difference from observing fast guys who ARE also athletic. You would have to come up around a few fast guys who still could not make the team.

Last edited:
Speed is a physical trait, but not an athletic trait. I know several very fast guys who lack good balance and agility. They can't even come out of a set of track blocks properly. I.e. they lack athleticism, which is a skilled application of physical traits. Having speed does not guarantee that you will have any type of athleticism. Maybe you haven't been around enough fast guys to know this.
This is one of those conversations where you drop your assertion that genetics don't matter and pick up something else to debate about.

Like the article in the Tampa Bay rag that said the Heifers were only getting $750k for each game in Gville, where other schools are getting $2M.

The Heifers practically gave the games away. That's how they did it. The Heifers had a +50% off sale!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikesi and JAFFX2
Like the article in the Tampa Bay rag that said the Heifers were only getting $750k for each game in Gville, where other schools are getting $2M.

The Heifers practically gave the games away. That's how they did it. The Heifers had a +50% off sale!
I thought it was $750k for both. Hahaha

We better crush them this year. It was so much fun celebrating in their Stadium in 2014

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT