ADVERTISEMENT

Water Cooler Rules/Tips

Well your come back to the bunny thing wasn't supposed to be so weak.... I had it all planned out, but then nnooo you had to go and admit your faults. How could I have expected that?

Originally posted by CFKnight333:
Well your come back to the bunny thing wasn't supposed to be so weak.... I had it all planned out, but then nnooo you had to go and admit your faults. How could I have expected that?

I like to mix things up from time to time.

I'm sorry I left out the intro

orange_banana_f63e45948e88e4e997e60ba225ac9a17.gif

I leave for one day and this thread gathers up it's fanny pack and moves to San Francisco.

Not that there's anything wrong with that

Only 1 person in all of Washington even remotely understands economics. It's a shame he's just a lowly Congressman.

Originally posted by Good Knight Sweetheart:
Wow. Page 6.

Deserves a lolcat photo. Too bad I'm on my iPod.

Let's not pollute this thread with lolcats!

Originally posted by USFSucks:
2072063290_fc66984b13.jpg

I don't get it? What is the chicken curse?
Curse of Ben Tillman

The Curse of Ben Tillman (sometimes called the "Chicken Curse" by Clemson fans) is said to have been caused by South Carolina's Governor Ben Tillman, who put the curse on the University of South Carolina at Columbia and also The Citadel. He put the curse on the schools because some members of the State congress disagreed with the need for more state schools. A farmer wanted to turn the state into an agricultural haven, and helped establish Clemson University, an agricultural school, and Winthrop College, a women's teacher college (since coeducational).

The Curse is more related to the South Carolina Gamecocks, who have won just one NCAA championship (women's track and field 2002), while the Clemson Tigers have won multiple NCAA titles.

Notable Curse of Ben Tillman moments include:

* A 21-game losing streak in football in 1998?99.
* From the first football game played in 1892, the team waited until January 2, 1995 to win its first postseason game (eight appearances); that record of futility (on games) has since been tied and broken by West Virginia and Notre Dame, respectively.
* The inability to beat Clemson in consecutive football games since the Gamecocks' only Atlantic Coast Conference championship (1969). Clemson has won more ACC titles.
* Three times in the 2000s the Gamecocks were within one win of making a postseason game (2002-03, 2007). The team failed to qualify for postseason in all three situations.
* The men's basketball team yet to win an NCAA tournament game since 1973, and no wins in the "open" era of the late 1970s. Rival Clemson made their first appearance in 1980 (has never won an automatic bid) but has had more tournament wins. (It should be noted that the 1971 team won an ACC Tournament championship; the Tigers have made it twice to the championship game, but has never won.)
* The 1996?97 men's basketball team won the Southeastern Conference regular season championship, and gain a #2 seed, only to fall in the first round of the NCAA tournament at Mellon Arena to Coppin State. It was the first time a Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference team has won a tournament game.
* The Gamecocks had made it to the College World Series Championship, only to lose three times (1975, 1977, 2002).
* The 2000 baseball team had been the #1 seed, only to fall in the Super Regionals to Louisiana-Lafayette. Rival Clemson qualified to Omaha (ironically, to fall to Louisiana-Lafayette; teams in Lafayette had beaten the state's teams in baseball and ECHL hockey that year ? having defeated teams in Charleston and Greenville).
* The 2005 and 2006 basketball teams won the National Invitational Tournament title, and could not make postseason the next two years.
* The 2007 football team, 6-1 and #6 in the AP rankings, lost five games to miss postseason play; worse yet, the state High School League chose to move the state championship games to "Death Valley" starting in 2008.
* Kevin Joyce, a member of the 1971-72 Gamecock basketball team led by Frank McGuire, was a member of the 1972 US Olympic basketball team that lost to the Soviet Union in the championship game.
* The Citadel has never made an NCAA Basketball Tournament game, while Winthrop (also founded by Tillman) has successfully won games in the NCAA tournament.

The billboard itself was put up after the 2007 season in Columbia South Carolina

Meh, don't care.

Seizures are fun. I feel like I could be one of the patients on an episode of House now after that seizure!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT