ADVERTISEMENT

What are the chances that John Kasich could be the GOP Pres. nominee in 2020?

You mean a real small government Republican that isn't a complete and utter embarrassment to our country? Stop. I can only get so erect.

Reactions: UCFRogerz
Kasich is a whiny bitch sore loser just like Killary. What is with these people. Just go away after you lose like everyone else has. The TDS is a nasty disease.

Reactions: 1ofTheseKnights
Kasich is a whiny bitch sore loser just like Killary. What is with these people. Just go away after you lose like everyone else has. The TDS is a nasty disease.

Its terrifying people as ignorant as yourself are allowed to vote.

He got my vote in the primary and I read his book last year. I’m all for it.

And I was all in on Jeb but he dropped out before Florida so I voted for Rubio. Incumbent presidents shouldn't be primaried. It would all but guarantee a loss and 2020 is going to be filled with fringe lefties. Trump or Harris/Sanders/Booker/Warren...

I don't know if I could vote for the wacky waving inflatable flailing arm tube man John Kasich. Might be better than trump but not enough better to get excited about.

And I was all in on Jeb but he dropped out before Florida so I voted for Rubio. Incumbent presidents shouldn't be primaried. It would all but guarantee a loss and 2020 is going to be filled with fringe lefties. Trump or Harris/Sanders/Booker/Warren...

Lol it's hilarious you think Trump will still be in office by 2020

8 years of winning

651.gif

But on the off chance he does make it the full four years of his first term you know there's no way in hell he's getting reelected, right? The democrats stupidly selected the second worst political candidate ever and vastly underestimated the amount of ignorant rednecks that had nothing better to do than vote for a literal joke on that election day and it won't happen again.

Last edited:
trump will be a 2 term president

I go back and forth on this one all the time. We obviously have a long way to go but I don't see anyone from the left who is electable. I don't see anyone who they are grooming for the job. They hung their star on Hillary when half of the party (or more, perhaps, we will never know) was screaming for Bernie. That worked out real well. I mean seriously, who is the face of the democratic party right now? Where is the true leadership?

It's not like Trump would be terribly difficult to defeat as it were. Yet, dems do two things really well: 1) bitch in the streets in protest and 2) don't bother to show up to vote. It's a wonderful recipe for disaster.

I go back and forth on this one all the time. We obviously have a long way to go but I don't see anyone from the left who is electable. I don't see anyone who they are grooming for the job. They hung their star on Hillary when half of the party (or more, perhaps, we will never know) was screaming for Bernie. That worked out real well. I mean seriously, who is the face of the democratic party right now? Where is the true leadership?

It's not like Trump would be terribly difficult to defeat as it were. Yet, dems do two things really well: 1) bitch in the streets in protest and 2) don't bother to show up to vote. It's a wonderful recipe for disaster.
trump is a terrible person. trump as the potus has actually been pretty good. i have no clue who the leader of the democratic party is right now and dont even see anyone trying to separate themselves at this point. i just see people trying to go against trump at every step of the way.

i mean when trump calls ms13 gang members animals, they cant even agree with that. it shouldnt be hard to beat trump. if you cant even find middle ground on something as basic as that, trump is going to win in a land slide.

trump is a terrible person. trump as the potus has actually been pretty good. i have no clue who the leader of the democratic party is right now and dont even see anyone trying to separate themselves at this point. i just see people trying to go against trump at every step of the way.

i mean when trump calls ms13 gang members animals, they cant even agree with that. it shouldnt be hard to beat trump. if you cant even find middle ground on something as basic as that, trump is going to win in a land slide.

Yeah, the latter bit still makes me smh. I have stupid friends all over Facebook plastering memes of that quote (that conveniently leaves out the gang member bit) paired with something Hitler said.

If the democratic standard is going to be this, he can probably mail it in. Your average, common sense American isn't going take it.

This is pretty much my opinion. I think trump is beatable but the dems would have to find someone like a bill Clinton to do so. More than likely, they'll nominate either an angry extremist type, or a minority just for the sake of them being a minority. Neither of those 2 options would have a chance. Basically right out of the gate you can dismiss Sanders, Cuomo, Harris, Warren, and Shumer. The trouble for the dems is, who else do they have? Is there a popular, moderate, good natured dem governor out there like Clinton was? I don't know. If there is I haven't heard of them

Reactions: UCFWayne
Yeah, the latter bit still makes me smh. I have stupid friends all over Facebook plastering memes of that quote (that conveniently leaves out the gang member bit) paired with something Hitler said.

If the democratic standard is going to be this, he can probably mail it in. Your average, common sense American isn't going take it.
i think stormy daniels has the biggest claim to be the head of the dnc right now

trump will be a 2 term president

There are only 2 ways this happens (both possible, but not likely):

1. The Dems put up another sh!t candidate.
2. Dems/Young People don't vote - the more likely of the scenarios.

The biggest problem that the dems have is that for someone to get any level of credibility in the party they have to be either an extremist or just be an obstructionist for anything Republican. That isn't going to flip the blue states that trump took in 2016. A guy like Jim Webb from last cycle probably could, but the modern Democrat party doesn't want those types of people as their leader.

Democrats only win the white house when they nominate a cult of personality type of candidate. Outside of Sanders, who has no chance, who is that candidate?

Biden could beat Trump but no one is showing up to vote for a crusty old white centrist.

The biggest problem that the dems have is that for someone to get any level of credibility in the party they have to be either an extremist or just be an obstructionist for anything Republican. That isn't going to flip the blue states that trump took in 2016. A guy like Jim Webb from last cycle probably could, but the modern Democrat party doesn't want those types of people as their leader.
this is their problem. i really liked webb too.

Another thing to consider: only 3 presidents have been voted out in the last 120 years. Hoover: great depression, Carter: stagflation and gas crisis, and HW Bush: recession. Ford doesn't count because he was never elected in the first place. Taft doesn't because it was a 3 person race. Unless the economy takes a serious downtown for the middle class, trump has a really good chance of being reelected.

This is pretty much my opinion. I think trump is beatable but the dems would have to find someone like a bill Clinton to do so. More than likely, they'll nominate either an angry extremist type, or a minority just for the sake of them being a minority. Neither of those 2 options would have a chance. Basically right out of the gate you can dismiss Sanders, Cuomo, Harris, Warren, and Shumer. The trouble for the dems is, who else do they have? Is there a popular, moderate, good natured dem governor out there like Clinton was? I don't know. If there is I haven't heard of them
An evil racist whitey?! I don't think that'll fly.

I fully predict both will happen.

At some point Democrats will have to learn that young people are only lefties on their SJW social media pages. They don't vote. And then they grow up and get a job and most of them realize that the nonsense they were spewing as a 20 year old is completely misguided, utopian bullshit.

At some point Democrats will have to learn that young people are only lefties on their SJW social media pages. They don't vote. And then they grow up and get a job and most of them realize that the nonsense they were spewing as a 20 year old is completely misguided, utopian bullshit.
A lot of them never grow up.

Biden could beat Trump but no one is showing up to vote for a crusty old white centrist.
I'd never count the Donald out because of the debate entertainment factor. Most candidates have to be serious business. Donald entertains ergo gets my vote. Remember, if it mattered, they wouldn't let us.

The Donald doing some good things...

https://www.washingtontimes.com/new...ongress-passes-dodd-frank-veterans-a/?preview

The Dodd-Frank rollback, the VA measure and the “right to try” legislation each address campaign promises made by Mr. Trump.

And none received much media coverage in a week dominated by the president’s on-again, off-again summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un and the revelation of an FBI informant in the Trump presidential campaign in 2016 — a story promoted relentlessly by the president himself as he continues to fight back against special counsel Robert Mueller’s long-running investigation.

The issuance of new orders Friday to reform civil service rules to speed termination of poor-performing government workers.

I'm talking about 1990 bill Clinton. The charismatic, seemingly centrist candidate that broke through the establishment candidates based on a cult of personality following. 1998 Clinton has no chance.
I'll take 1996 Bill Clinton:

"O sooo rRrRaCCIST!!!"

But they are voting. And the special elections data has shown that democrats have been doing well or winning in races they normally wouldn’t have. I have no idea if this enthusiasm will carry over until the next general election but to simply dismiss this new active left is a sure fire way to lose like Hillary ignoring middle America.

The Donald doing some good things...

https://www.washingtontimes.com/new...ongress-passes-dodd-frank-veterans-a/?preview

The Dodd-Frank rollback, the VA measure and the “right to try” legislation each address campaign promises made by Mr. Trump.

And none received much media coverage in a week dominated by the president’s on-again, off-again summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un and the revelation of an FBI informant in the Trump presidential campaign in 2016 — a story promoted relentlessly by the president himself as he continues to fight back against special counsel Robert Mueller’s long-running investigation.

The issuance of new orders Friday to reform civil service rules to speed termination of poor-performing government workers.

THIS resonates with the typical trump supporter more than golden showers or north Korea. This and the size of their paycheck.

But they are voting. And the special elections data has shown that democrats have been doing well or winning in races they normally wouldn’t have. I have no idea if this enthusiasm will carry over until the next general election but to simply dismiss this new active left is a sure fire way to lose like Hillary ignoring middle America.

Young people are voting? Or merely Democrats who viewed a special election as a way to "send a message" when Republicans were disinterested?

It'll be totally different come November. Every poll already shows the Senate staying safely with the GOP- maybe even picking up seats. And the generic ballot polling shows the Democrats lead in the House shrinking every day, standing now at just 2%. It was estimated that they need 10-12% in the generic ballot lead to flip the house.

The latest primaries in places like Ohio and WV showed a huge increase in voter turnout amongst republicans.

Young people are voting? Or merely Democrats who viewed a special election as a way to "send a message" when Republicans were disinterested?

It'll be totally different come November. Every poll already shows the Senate staying safely with the GOP- maybe even picking up seats. And the generic ballot polling shows the Democrats lead in the House shrinking every day, standing now at just 2%. It was estimated that they need 10-12% in the generic ballot lead to flip the house.

The latest primaries in places like Ohio and WV showed a huge increase in voter turnout amongst republicans.
There's a snowballs chance in hell that the GOP doesn't pick up Senate seats this year. It would take a monumental collapse of the economy to change that, and even then I doubt it. The GOP will pick up 2 or 3 seats pretty easily and it Missouri could make it 4 if Austin Petersen wins the primary. Hawley has a 50/50 chance of beating claire.

The last Republican I wanted to vote for was Gary Johnson, and the GOP + CNN made sure he wasn't a consideration, despite him qualifying for the 2nd Republican primary in 2012, polling much higher than several others invited.

No one in the GOP likes a candidate that by-passes their nomination and approval process. Unfortunately for Johnson, he was a self-made handiman only worth about $30M, enough to spend half-a-million to bypass the New Mexico primary 'club,' but a bit more difficult to do when the GOP can tell CNN to un-invite someone.

What I like is a proven outsider, not just an alleged outsider, people don't know. Johnson was hated by both parties while he was New Mexico's governor, and his approval ratings went through the roof as he veto'd everything and cut everything, forcing the budget to be balanced first, before letting anyone do anything new.

I have absolutely no faith in who the DNC puts up, they are always 'party' men, and the GOP's lax rules are starting to cause the rich nutjobs to come out of the woodwork. Why? Because they can.

The last Republican I wanted to vote for was Gary Johnson, and the GOP + CNN made sure he wasn't a consideration, despite him qualifying for the 2nd Republican primary in 2012, polling much higher than several others invited.

No one in the GOP likes a candidate that by-passes their nomination and approval process. Unfortunately for Johnson, he was a self-made handiman only worth about $30M, enough to spend half-a-million to bypass the New Mexico primary 'club,' but a bit more difficult to do when the GOP can tell CNN to un-invite someone.

What I like is a proven outsider, not just an alleged outsider, people don't know. Johnson was hated by both parties while he was New Mexico's governor, and his approval ratings went through the roof as he veto'd everything and cut everything, forcing the budget to be balanced first, before letting anyone do anything new.

I have absolutely no faith in who the DNC puts up, they are always 'party' men, and the GOP's lax rules are starting to cause the rich nutjobs to come out of the woodwork. Why? Because they can.

If johnson spent as much time studying what it takes to be president as he does smoking pot and climbing mountains he would have done well in 2012.

Sorry, but he's the everyman libertarian trying to be president and it showed. Too laid back and uninformed to take seriously. At least Bob Barr and Austin Peterson could run on something that resembled an understanding of the constitution, but most libertarians don't care. Another one of the problems the libertarian party has: no understanding of economics beyond what they learned from Ross Perot and Ron Paul. Politics is about more than smoking pot, railing on the fed, and talking about how the gold standard worked in 1721.

Liberty doesn't sell in party politics.

This is the problem. You really ate up the left and right media on Johnson. You want 'change,' but you won't stop to actually look at a man's record, real change, and want to talk about meta-non-sense. And we deserve what we get ...

If johnson spent as much time studying what it takes to be president as he does smoking pot and climbing mountains he would have done well in 2012.
You do understand that everyone who is pro-legalization does not actually smoke, correct? Otherwise that would include me for the last 25+ years too!

He doesn't smoke pot, although he did admit and his doctor did confirm, he ate an edible in 2015-2016.

He only smoked when he was recovering from injury. He alienated a lot of Republicans over it, most of which have now joined his views! Listen to Republicans who personally know him. He's considered one of the most honest and forward-thinking Republicans around.

Sorry, but he's the everyman libertarian trying to be president and it showed.
I was talking about when he was a Republican. Do you even know anything about him running for governor, then President?

My point is that you need a self-made man who doesn't take any BS! Johnson was that, to an extreme. That's why he was loved as governor -- as a Republican in a 44% Hispanic state, no less!

Too laid back and uninformed to take seriously.
That's such BS. As far as 'uninformed,' the 'analyst' switched topics and he thought he had used an acronym. He asked him to clarify what he was talking about, and immediately realized he meant the city, not an acronym.

He also wasn't entitled to federal security briefings. You should really listen to Johnson's foreign policy to understand more.

At least Bob Barr and Austin Peterson could run on something that resembled an understanding of the constitution, but most libertarians don't care.
I call BS on Bob Barr. Bob Barr was never a Libertarian. I refused to vote for him as a Libertarian.

But I was talking about Johnson ... as a Republican 1994-2012! He's exactly what the party needed!

And Johnson was 100% on Nazi cakes. He was brilliant. I'm sorry, but I'm with him on that stance. People demonized it, even Libertarians, but he literally hit-it-home.

Another one of the problems the libertarian party has: no understanding of economics beyond what they learned from Ross Perot and Ron Paul.
Huh? I voted Johnson for the same reason as Perot!

Politics is about more than smoking pot, railing on the fed, and talking about how the gold standard worked in 1721.
Sigh ... you do understand that Paul and Johnson disagree on many things, right?

Liberty doesn't sell in party politics.
What we needed was a Republican Executive who would hold his own party in-check!!!

That's exactly what Johnson would do, like he did in New Mexico 1995-2003! And why the Republicans feared him!
That's why they virtually booted him off the ticket, out of the debates thanx to collusion with CNN in 2012.

Johnson would have made an outstanding Republican President, just like he did as governor of New Mexico. The latter is already back its deficit budgets, even though Johnson kept them well into a surplus, even in 2003 post-.COM bust!

lmao you could literally replace BS with a bot that: makes up bullshit facts and a random word generator that calls people sheep, informs them he's a libertarian, adds a couple "sighs" and reminds people that trump won because of liberals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT