ADVERTISEMENT

What are the chances that John Kasich could be the GOP Pres. nominee in 2020?

images

This is the problem. You really ate up the left and right media on Johnson. You want 'change,' but you won't stop to actually look at a man's record, real change, and want to talk about meta-non-sense. And we deserve what we get ...

You do understand that everyone who is pro-legalization does not actually smoke, correct? Otherwise that would include me for the last 25+ years too!

He doesn't smoke pot, although he did admit and his doctor did confirm, he ate an edible in 2015-2016.

He only smoked when he was recovering from injury. He alienated a lot of Republicans over it, most of which have now joined his views! Listen to Republicans who personally know him. He's considered one of the most honest and forward-thinking Republicans around.

I was talking about when he was a Republican. Do you even know anything about him running for governor, then President?

My point is that you need a self-made man who doesn't take any BS! Johnson was that, to an extreme. That's why he was loved as governor -- as a Republican in a 44% Hispanic state, no less!

That's such BS. As far as 'uninformed,' the 'analyst' switched topics and he thought he had used an acronym. He asked him to clarify what he was talking about, and immediately realized he meant the city, not an acronym.

He also wasn't entitled to federal security briefings. You should really listen to Johnson's foreign policy to understand more.

I call BS on Bob Barr. Bob Barr was never a Libertarian. I refused to vote for him as a Libertarian.

But I was talking about Johnson ... as a Republican 1994-2012! He's exactly what the party needed!

And Johnson was 100% on Nazi cakes. He was brilliant. I'm sorry, but I'm with him on that stance. People demonized it, even Libertarians, but he literally hit-it-home.

Huh? I voted Johnson for the same reason as Perot!

Sigh ... you do understand that Paul and Johnson disagree on many things, right?

What we needed was a Republican Executive who would hold his own party in-check!!!

That's exactly what Johnson would do, like he did in New Mexico 1995-2003! And why the Republicans feared him!
That's why they virtually booted him off the ticket, out of the debates thanx to collusion with CNN in 2012.

Johnson would have made an outstanding Republican President, just like he did as governor of New Mexico. The latter is already back its deficit budgets, even though Johnson kept them well into a surplus, even in 2003 post-.COM bust!

Too much here. Johnson himself talked as nauseam about smoking pot, which is fine with me and I agree with his position. But whatever. He agreed with the idea that businesses should be penalized for not engaging in business practices that go against their faith though, and that's a non-starter for me. He isn't a libertarian, he's a social liberal first and a fiscal conservative 2nd. The issue is his propensity to side with using the authority of government to punish a person for expressing their faith and their economic freedom. Maybe it was just a play to get the social liberals of the libertarian party to jump on board but it was a total non-starter for me.

Too much here. Johnson himself talked as nauseam about smoking pot, which is fine with me and I agree with his position. But whatever.
Umm, he sits on the board of several companies, so yeah, legalization is big to him -- especially when he wasn't running for an office.

He agreed with the idea that businesses should be penalized for not engaging in business practices that go against their faith though, and that's a non-starter for me.

He isn't a libertarian,
Which is why I was focusing on him as a Republican! Let me say that again ... he is a Socially Liberal Republican!

he's a social liberal first and a fiscal conservative 2nd.
No argument ... to a point. He is big time Fiscally Conservative when it comes to Government Spending! He's the first Republican to actually put his money where he's mouth is, stalling a state government until they heeded him.

He really did that, unlike any other, to an extreme like no other. That's why he went #1 on my list, considering the severe denial we're in, Federally.

The issue is his propensity to side with using the authority of government to punish a person for expressing their faith and their economic freedom. Maybe it was just a play to get the social liberals of the libertarian party to jump on board but it was a total non-starter for me.
I think you're making hyperbole out of this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT