ADVERTISEMENT

When did Orlando become a Left-Wing Circle Jerk?

Big cities lead the Top 15 list in violent crime, theft, and assault. Is it all of these highly educated people killing others?

lol so now Scott is a moderate? I was told for years that he's an extreme right wing lunatic hell bent on destroying FL! Pink Slip Rick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, you do know that there's a Presidential national election in 2 years? All it would take is for Gillum to win office, spend 2 years yelling at his base that he would implement these tax hikes and spending increases, if only these damn Republicans were out of his way! Then you possibly get a turnover in the FL Legislature in 2020 and we're on track to have all of these terrible ideas move ahead.

It's a risk not worth taking. I didn't want a guy in office who WOULD do these things if he had the means to.

Also using "beta male" is highly offensive and just speaks to your toxic masculinity. I was told this by the Woke folks on this board.

I'm not "woke", beta males like beta males I guess.

Now where in my post did I call Rick Scott a moderate?? I know it's early but please read before responding. Rick Scott did not move the gov't to the left, he just cut out the destructive crap that the GOP House/Senate were trying to pass. He also cut some things that would have helped Floridians. Overall Rick Scott was not a man of his word, he would tell people that he would support their legislation and then veto it last minute.

There is zero chance that the FL Legislature would flip to Democrats in 2 years (probably not even 8 years) unless you just cut off the panhandle, just too many Republican strongholds.

Usually you’ll find that intelligent people tend to gather in big cities and college towns. Thus, there are more Democrats than Republicans in Orlando and other similar cities.

Liberals gather and stay in college towns because they dont want to work and rather serve coffee at the local shop during poverty reading night. They are professional lazy ass free thinkers. Hippie 101.

Big cities attract bums and folks that rely on welfare housing....most of the smart people leave after work and live in the suburbs.

Hmmm, so you are saying that the more people that live in an area, the more crime there is? Interesting....:rolleyes:

I would have thought that these superior, highly intelligent and inclusive people would live in peaceful harmony? You're telling me that's not the case?

I would have thought that these superior, highly intelligent and inclusive people would live in peaceful harmony? You're telling me that's not the case?

Since when does intelligent equal peaceful?

How do you think evil people come into power? With stupidity?

Since when does intelligent equal peaceful?

How do you think evil people come into power? With stupidity?

An intelligent person crafting his way into a position of power to lead a State campaign of violence is one thing.

A large number of intelligent people deciding to blow away people over an argument, rob their neighbors, carjack people at 2 am, and deal drugs from their home is a totally different thing. I.e. it doesn't really happen. Intelligent people in a micro level don't typically engage in this self destructive criminal behavior. (other destructive behavior, sure)

It's deeper than that. The Republican Party is becoming whiter and less inclusive. Cities tend to be more diverse and comfortable with the Democratic Party on its surface.
You are making some pretty big claims about the composition and ideals of the Republican Party. How about you back those up with some statistics?

I thoroughly enjoy how some people on this board consistently call the greatest cities in the world cesspools and trash.
Some people fear Diversity, board had similar comments from the Nebraska trolls on why Lincoln was a superior place to raise This Place Jr over Winter Park

Lincoln is politically and ideologically very similar to Orlando.
The demographics are very different though.

As far as raising a kid goes, maybe if you’re a helicopter parent. When the most exciting thing to do on most nights is to cruise O Street, it’s gotta be easier to keep a kid out of trouble.

Some people fear Diversity, board had similar comments from the Nebraska trolls on why Lincoln was a superior place to raise This Place Jr over Winter Park

I live
“The composition of Republican and Republican-leaning registered voters has also grown somewhat more diverse over the last 24 years”

Granted not as diverse as the Democrats certainly. You’ve also claimed the Republican Party is moving more extreme right. Please elaborate on what you mean by that.

He means “not voting as I want”

“The composition of Republican and Republican-leaning registered voters has also grown somewhat more diverse over the last 24 years”

Granted not as diverse as the Democrats certainly. You’ve also claimed the Republican Party is moving more extreme right. Please elaborate on what you mean by that.

I don't think I claimed that they are moving more extreme right. Although the next GOP caucus will lean farther right than the past one. I think that is more of a "Trump purge" of more moderate GOP members. Trump listed them yesterday. "Mia Love, she showed no love". :joy::joy:

I don't think I claimed that they are moving more extreme right. Although the next GOP caucus will lean farther right than the past one. I think that is more of a "Trump purge" of more moderate GOP members. Trump listed them yesterday. "Mia Love, she showed no love". :joy::joy:
It was a Florida comment. You noted the legislature is GOP majority and then said we are getting close to extreme-right government. This is hyperbole. We are far from extreme right and the laws of the state of Florida have moved left in the last however-many years. Look back and you’ll see.

The movement is a good thing but everything should be measured actions and not emotional reaction. We really don’t need to get into a pendulum state where we’re alternating majorities and each one is trying to undo and then outdo the other. That’s a horrible state of affairs.

Reactions: Knight_Light
It was a Florida comment. You noted the legislature is GOP majority and then said we are getting close to extreme-right government. This is hyperbole. We are far from extreme right and the laws of the state of Florida have moved left in the last however-many years. Look back and you’ll see.

The movement is a good thing but everything should be measured actions and not emotional reaction. We really don’t need to get into a pendulum state where we’re alternating majorities and each one is trying to undo and then outdo the other. That’s a horrible state of affairs.

Not extreme right wing, a super majority. The house, senate and governor has been in total Republican control since 1999. The House has a 65% majority and the senate 57%. When the numbers are that skewed, you get too many people that think alike and group-think-tank type of ideas. I’m a fan of divided government.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poolside Knight
Usually you’ll find that intelligent people tend to gather in big cities and college towns. Thus, there are more Democrats than Republicans in Orlando and other similar cities.
I lived in Gainesville for three years and have built quite a few projects there, I would hardly call it an “intelligent” town. Rather, I would say there are a lot of people there who think they are smart.

Reactions: Knight_Light
I never get what is meant by a city being "progressive". Does this mean it's run and populated by liberals? I consider St Pete to be an extremely diverse and vibrant city that has pretty much everything someone would want, it has a huge LGBT community, and yet it was largely developed and brought up by a Republican Mayor, conservative donations and money, and frequented by conservatives from neighboring communities.

My neighborhood is strongly GOP yet most everyone goes downtown on the weekends to take in museums, eat, drink, shop, etc.

Metro areas are so blended now it's hard to tell where one city ends and begins.

I never get what is meant by a city being "progressive". Does this mean it's run and populated by liberals? I consider St Pete to be an extremely diverse and vibrant city that has pretty much everything someone would want, it has a huge LGBT community, and yet it was largely developed and brought up by a Republican Mayor, conservative donations and money, and frequented by conservatives from neighboring communities.

My neighborhood is strongly GOP yet most everyone goes downtown on the weekends to take in museums, eat, drink, shop, etc.

Metro areas are so blended now it's hard to tell where one city ends and begins.
There is no ****ing way you go to museums on the weekends hahaha.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
I lived in Gainesville for three years and have built quite a few projects there, I would hardly call it an “intelligent” town. Rather, I would say there are a lot of people there who think they are smart.

Gainesville is a podunk town with a major university. Without UF, it’s Palatka.

Reactions: Poolside Knight

Progressive usually means the city is open to minority and LGBT people/events. You probably aren’t going to see a Puerto Rican day or LGBT parade in Crestview, FL.

There is no ****ing way you go to museums on the weekends hahaha.

I've probably been to more museums in the past 2 months than you've been in your entire life in Indiana.

The James Museum, the Dali, and the MFA. All in past 2 months.

Sorry you don't culture, brah.

Progressive usually means the city is open to minority and LGBT people/events. You probably aren’t going to see a Puerto Rican day or LGBT parade in Crestview, FL.

Ok but does that mean Crestview is not "progressive", or simply too small to warrant a parade?

I would call that tolerant and diverse. That is not the same as progressive. Chicago is progressive even though there is a good deal of bigotry riding under the surface (yes, I know that city appears to be very accepting and is in some ways but there is still a large amount of areas that are not). It is progressive because of the politics and policies put in place that amount to social engineering. These are in place now and have been for years regardless of whether the Eastern Europeans hated the blacks, or the Italians hate the Latinos, or the blacks hate everyone not black.

Any area of diverse backgrounds meeting and having to work with each other, tend to be liberal. That's why if you look at the map of the U.S. and major universities, you'll see blue radiating from it.

Realizing your way of life isn't the only way, changes you.
THIS^^^^^^^

85 is clearly wrong about where chicken lives. he wouldnt be caught dead living in a rural area with those dumb red hat hicks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT