ADVERTISEMENT

White House announces it will not comply with illegitimate and unconstitutional impeachment inquiry

I'm seeing cracks in sk8knight's Trump armor.
I’ve tried to tell you that I’m not in the tank for Trump. You spend an inordinate amount of time on here making anti-trump posts and I respond to many of those so it looks like I’m a die-hard Trump supporter.

I’ve tried to tell you that I’m not in the tank for Trump. You spend an inordinate amount of time on here making anti-trump posts and I respond to many of those so it looks like I’m a die-hard Trump supporter.
My anti-Trump posts are in direct proportion to our Commander-in-Chief's batsh*t crazy behavior. So if I'm spending "an inordinate amount of time" making anti-Trump posts, that's telling you something. :)

Politics are that way now though. It's all about personal power , chance to advance their own careers etc. No loyalty to anyone including their constituents

You don't have to be loyal but if you are getting a paycheck, you shouldn't be trying to hurt the one paying you while they are paying you.

So we can play semantics on what "whisteblower" means, but I'm curious to hear your issues with the process this individual followed. First, they reported what they believed was improper/illegal to CIA counsel. Though CIA counsel did eventually determine the issue was serious and sent a referral to DOJ, the individual felt the issue was being swept under the rug, so they approached the congressional committee responsible for oversight. The Committee staff vetted the complaint, and recommended the individual hire an attorney and submit an official Whistleblower complaint to the ICIG. The ICIG found the complaint credible.

You can argue with hindsight what you think this individual should have done, but I don't see how you could argue that the whistleblower didn't go about this in an appropriate way. Are you suggesting they should have gone public? Should have been an anonymous source for the NYT?

Frankly, this is all irrelevant now anyway. First-hand witnesses will be called to testify. Let the chips fall where they fall.
Quite easy, he/she met with the staff of Adam Schiff BEFORE the report was filed. Said Schiff staff sent them to the law firm and it was the law firm that wrote the complaint. The law firm they were sent to, Compass Rose is the same firm that started the Whistleblower Aid non profit, stated in 2017 and had billboards around D.C. The main guy at Compass Rose donated to Joe Biden's campaign, coincidently the "whistleblower" has links to Biden. He also has interned for Chuck Schumer and Hillary Clinton.

Now I have no issues with the Whistleblower Aid as long as it's open to both sides which I believe it probably is. My biggest issue is the "whistleblower" did not have first hand knowledge and whomever told the "whistleblower" about the President's call should be held accountable. The person with first hand knowledge did not follow any legitimate paths and quite frankly broke a shit ton of laws for leaking confidential information.

This whole thing stinks of politicking. I can no longer take any of it seriously with all the endless history (from well before Trump) and the constant conflicts-of-interests we keep discovering.

I 100% supported Mueller, and got tired of the right dismissing him. But he didn't give the left what they wanted, so this non-sense keeps doing on.

It's kinda what I said during the recounts of the 2000s ... "Keep recounting until the Democratic candidate wins." Same thing here, "Keep digging until you finally get something that sticks on Trump, and phrase it in a way people will support it."

I will start trusting the US Media the second they actually bring up Podesta's history with Russia (and Ukraine). Until then, I'm tired of hearing about Trump and Russia (including Ukraine).

Reactions: Ucfmikes
My biggest issue is the "whistleblower" did not have first hand knowledge and whomever told the "whistleblower" about the President's call should be held accountable.
This whole whistleblower argument is last week's news. We've had a number of people with first hand knowledge of this whole sordid affair step forward

So you'll need to come up with a new Deep State conspiracy theory. I'm looking forward to seeing to how you guys weave John Bolton into it. :)

Quite easy, he/she met with the staff of Adam Schiff BEFORE the report was filed. Said Schiff staff sent them to the law firm and it was the law firm that wrote the complaint. The law firm they were sent to, Compass Rose is the same firm that started the Whistleblower Aid non profit, stated in 2017 and had billboards around D.C. The main guy at Compass Rose donated to Joe Biden's campaign, coincidently the "whistleblower" has links to Biden. He also has interned for Chuck Schumer and Hillary Clinton.

Now I have no issues with the Whistleblower Aid as long as it's open to both sides which I believe it probably is. My biggest issue is the "whistleblower" did not have first hand knowledge and whomever told the "whistleblower" about the President's call should be held accountable. The person with first hand knowledge did not follow any legitimate paths and quite frankly broke a shit ton of laws for leaking confidential information.
Maybe. We don’t yet know who the whistleblower is so we don’t know if they had the requisite clearance and need to know to receive the information. We also don’t know where the information was shared nor do we know if actual classified information was shared. It would appear that last part was true as the communication had to be scrubbed before it could be released but we can’t be sure right now.

With that said and with the way we’ve seen leaking and mishandling of classified information for the last few years, it’s high time we started seriously investigating people who are not playing by the rules. Classifications only work as long as people are willing to take the appropriate actions.

Except, of course, the President.
The President is legally THE originating classifying authority and can declassify whatever he wants whenever he wants. He shouldn’t, but he can. Are you saying we should investigate this?

The President is legally THE originating classifying authority and can declassify whatever he wants whenever he wants. He shouldn’t, but he can. Are you saying we should investigate this?
But I thought the Secretary of State was?! ;)

I just found it a bit odd how quick you are to want to vigorously investigate possible government employee wrong-doing---unless that wrong-doing is by our Commander-in-Chief.

Maybe. We don’t yet know who the whistleblower is so we don’t know if they had the requisite clearance and need to know to receive the information. We also don’t know where the information was shared nor do we know if actual classified information was shared. It would appear that last part was true as the communication had to be scrubbed before it could be released but we can’t be sure right now.

With that said and with the way we’ve seen leaking and mishandling of classified information for the last few years, it’s high time we started seriously investigating people who are not playing by the rules. Classifications only work as long as people are willing to take the appropriate actions.

I am pretty sure Trump has tried to found out who inside his administration is leaking information and hasn't been able to. I am not sure how you investigate people when you don't know who they are.

But also, it isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of Trump that he either hires bad people who leak so much information, or he hires good people who feel they need to leak info because he is doing such a poor job.

So with the benefit of hindsight, you're second guessing the individual putting career on the line by bringing these issues forward.They didn't hold a press conference or leak to the NYT, but you have a process issue because they contacted the responsible committee in the US House of Representatives prior to going to the ICIG. Noted. That just really feels like a nit pick in the grand scheme of potentially impeaching a President.

Your concerns that individuals may have been improperly sharing information with each other is reasonable. The ICIG recognized that the individual in question had "subject matter expertise" relating to the complaint. So this may well have been an individual who had a need to know and was looped in generally on these issues. If the issues in question were being over-classified to hide a potential crime, that would create new issues.

However, even if information is shared illegally - but that information leads to the impeachment of a sitting President - I think you're going to have a hard time winning a PR battle on that point. I'm sure Nixon loyalists would have loved to see Mark Felt (Deep Throat) identified and prosecuted, but good luck with that.

Reactions: DaShuckster
I just found it a bit odd how quick you are to want to vigorously investigate possible government employee wrong-doing---unless that wrong-doing is by our Commander-in-Chief.
It’s not that. It’s fatigue at the constant barrage of “Impeach Trump” or Trump is Hitler, or Imprison Trump since his election. When a Democrat Representative registers the Impeach Trump PAC days after his election, when Democrat representatives promise publicly to impeach Trump before he is ever sworn in, when we endure the Russian conspiracy hoax for years, when there is an attempt to destroy Brett Kavanaugh over worries about how he’ll vote on abortion, when every week there’s a new reason why Trump is evil and anyone who voted for him is evil, when the whistleblower claims that Trump explicitly applied leverage in the call In question and then neither the account of the call shows the leverage nor has anyone come out to assert that there was leverage applied, you begin to get fatigued of the other side crying Wolf.

It’s not that. It’s fatigue at the constant barrage of “Impeach Trump” or Trump is Hitler, or Imprison Trump since his election. When a Democrat Representative registers the Impeach Trump PAC days after his election, when Democrat representatives promise publicly to impeach Trump before he is ever sworn in, when we endure the Russian conspiracy hoax for years, when there is an attempt to destroy Brett Kavanaugh over worries about how he’ll vote on abortion, when every week there’s a new reason why Trump is evil and anyone who voted for him is evil, when the whistleblower claims that Trump explicitly applied leverage in the call In question and then neither the account of the call shows the leverage nor has anyone come out to assert that there was leverage applied, you begin to get fatigued of the other side crying Wolf.

I disagree with a lot of your premise in this post, but regardless of that, Trump has basically admitted this publically. And I know his supporters write it off as it was just Trump saying stuff, but that doesn't really hold water. He has more or less admitted he pressured Ukraine over the Biden's. None of the other stuff (which again, I don't agree with you on, but that's another conversation) matters in regards to this allegation against Trump.

I disagree with a lot of your premise in this post, but regardless of that, Trump has basically admitted this publically. And I know his supporters write it off as it was just Trump saying stuff, but that doesn't really hold water. He has more or less admitted he pressured Ukraine over the Biden's. None of the other stuff (which again, I don't agree with you on, but that's another conversation) matters in regards to this allegation against Trump.
Fine, have the investigation. Also investigate the Biden's admitted and obvious issues. Objectively, do both or none.

So with the benefit of hindsight, you're second guessing the individual putting career on the line by bringing these issues forward.They didn't hold a press conference or leak to the NYT, but you have a process issue because they contacted the responsible committee in the US House of Representatives prior to going to the ICIG. Noted. That just really feels like a nit pick in the grand scheme of potentially impeaching a President.

Your concerns that individuals may have been improperly sharing information with each other is reasonable. The ICIG recognized that the individual in question had "subject matter expertise" relating to the complaint. So this may well have been an individual who had a need to know and was looped in generally on these issues. If the issues in question were being over-classified to hide a potential crime, that would create new issues.

However, even if information is shared illegally - but that information leads to the impeachment of a sitting President - I think you're going to have a hard time winning a PR battle on that point. I'm sure Nixon loyalists would have loved to see Mark Felt (Deep Throat) identified and prosecuted, but good luck with that.
First he will not be impeached due to a phone call, listen to Sen Graham who has seen every detail of the call and trashed the Dem’s for this. This is all about trying to damage Trump before the election. The Russia collusion failed so next up, a Ukraine call that everyone can see what was said.

This is why I call BS, Schiff can say there are 14 whistleblowers, the guy running this show(Schiff) has no credibility and has lied on the house floor many times. If Schiff were held to the same standard in the house that witnesses are, he would be in jail.

It’s fatigue at the constant barrage of “Impeach Trump” or Trump is Hitler, or Imprison Trump since his election.
Good God. You're going to look at all of us with a straight face and say Trump is blameless? That this is REALLY about those evil Democrats on the Hill???
When a Democrat Representative registers the Impeach Trump PAC days after his election, when Democrat representatives promise publicly to impeach Trump before he is ever sworn in
And you know that nobody gave those partisan nutjobs a second-thought at the beginning. It wasn't until Trump fired FBI Director, James Comey, and told NBC News anchor Lestor Holt on national TV that he did it because of the Russian thing that Americans raised their eyebrows and said WTF?
...when every week there’s a new reason why Trump is evil and anyone who voted for him is evil...
Your fatigue is understandable, but misdirected. The 'new reason every week' is Trump being Trump -- be it the crazysh*t things he says or the crazysh*t decisions he makes.
when the whistleblower claims that Trump explicitly applied leverage in the call In question and then neither the account of the call shows the leverage nor has anyone come out to assert that there was leverage applied, you begin to get fatigued of the other side crying Wolf.
Excuse me, how do you know the full account of the call showed no leverage? You've seen the word-for-word transcript that's been locked away in the WH? You've heard from all the people who were in on that call? How in the hell do you know what people who sat in on the call thought? Have we heard from them under-oath? Jesus, what compelled the whistleblower to step forward and take action for in the first place???

This business is just crying wolf??!? BULLSH*T!

Last edited:
Good God. You're going to look at all of us with a straight face and say Trump is blameless? That this is REALLY about those evil Democrats on the Hill???

And you know that nobody gave those partisan nutjobs a second-thought at the beginning. It wasn't until Trump fired FBI Director, James Comey, and told NBC News anchor Lestor Holt on national TV that he did it because of the Russian thing that Americans raised their eyebrows and said WTF?
Your fatigue is understandable, but misdirected. The 'new reason every week' is Trump being Trump -- be it the crazysh*t things he says or the crazysh*t decisions he makes.
Excuse me, how do you know the full account of the call showed no leverage? You've seen the word-for-word transcript that's been locked away in the WH? You've heard from all the people who were in on that call? How in the hell do you know what people who sat in on the call thought? Have we heard from them under-oath? Jesus, what compelled the whistleblower to step forward and take action for in the first place???

This business is just crying wolf??!? BULLSH*T!
You’ve been crying wolf on this board since right around your second post. Shortly after the post where you told us that you were her to civil discussions that didn’t revolve into partisan standoffs. Then proceeded to rage on about every damn thing Trump does for years, interrupted only by your raging about Kavanaugh, and a couple of times where you showed your ass jumping to conclusions on the media outrage of the day. So, yeah, your crying wolf has fatigued a bunch of us.

First he will not be impeached due to a phone call, listen to Sen Graham who has seen every detail of the call and trashed the Dem’s for this. This is all about trying to damage Trump before the election. The Russia collusion failed so next up, a Ukraine call that everyone can see what was said.

I agree. He won't be impeached over just the phone call. I also agree with you this is HIGHLY politicized. But we can still try to base our opinions on facts.

To that end, there is a storm of information coming out beyond the call. You have multiple individuals employed by the executive branch testifying that there was a pressure campaign on Ukraine. Two of the the individuals DIRECTLY involved in at least part of that campaign (removing Yovanovitch) have been indicted by SDNY over their financial efforts in that regard.

Rudy is coordinating these efforts, to some extent at least, with Manafort through his Attorney. And guess who shows up to defend Parnas and Furman? Manafort's Attorneys. And the oligarch funding Parnas and Furman is almost surely Firtash. You know where Rudy is getting his sworn affidavit (notarized Sept 4th of this year) that implicate the Biden's? Firtash's legal team, which now includes Toensing and DiGenova interestingly. Said legal team for Oligarch also hired Parnas as a "translator".

So, the President's personal attorney is working with a convicted felon (Manafort) who's a world class expert on being corrupt in Ukraine. Rudy is also working directly with the legal team of a Ukranian Oligarch, connected to Mogelovich and Putin, who's been fighting extradition to the US since 2014. So you have a small cadre of Trump loyalists working in concert with Manafort from prison, aligning their interests with the extradition fight for an Oligarch who, according to DOJ in 2017 was among the "upper echelon associates of Russian organized crime."

You either have to be uninformed, a partisan hack, or a flat-earth grade "fake news" conspiracy theorist to think this is normal. POTUS is working indirectly (via Rudy) with ultra-corrupt individuals and Russian mobsters, leveraging the power of the Presidency, to stake out a claim that his opponent is the corrupt one. Unless Rudy falls on the sword here, I think this keeps getting worse and worse for Trump.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaShuckster
You either have to be uninformed, a partisan hack, or a flat-earth grade "fake news" conspiracy theorist to think this is normal.
...or someone who gets all of their news from Fox News, Rushbo, or one of the other radio hacks.

If you check in -- which I do on a semi-regular basis -- you'll find the coverage of Trump's antics by the conservative media is nearly non-existent.

The irony of this is that it's these same conservative news listeners who rail about the biased media.

I agree. He won't be impeached over just the phone call. I also agree with you this is HIGHLY politicized. But we can still try to base our opinions on facts.

To that end, there is a storm of information coming out beyond the call. You have multiple individuals employed by the executive branch testifying that there was a pressure campaign on Ukraine. Two of the the individuals DIRECTLY involved in at least part of that campaign (removing Yovanovitch) have been indicted by SDNY over their financial efforts in that regard.

Rudy is coordinating these efforts, to some extent at least, with Manafort through his Attorney. And guess who shows up to defend Parnas and Furman? Manafort's Attorneys. And the oligarch funding Parnas and Furman is almost surely Firtash. You know where Rudy is getting his sworn affidavit (notarized Sept 4th of this year) that implicate the Biden's? Firtash's legal team, which now includes Toensing and DiGenova interestingly. Said legal team for Oligarch also hired Parnas as a "translator".

So, the President's personal attorney is working with a convicted felon (Manafort) who's a world class expert on being corrupt in Ukraine. Rudy is also working directly with the legal team of a Ukranian Oligarch, connected to Mogelovich and Putin, who's been fighting extradition to the US since 2014. So you have a small cadre of Trump loyalists working in concert with Manafort from prison, aligning their interests with the extradition fight for an Oligarch who, according to DOJ in 2017 was among the "upper echelon associates of Russian organized crime."

You either have to be uninformed, a partisan hack, or a flat-earth grade "fake news" conspiracy theorist to think this is normal. POTUS is working indirectly (via Rudy) with ultra-corrupt individuals and Russian mobsters, leveraging the power of the Presidency, to stake out a claim that his opponent is the corrupt one. Unless Rudy falls on the sword here, I think this keeps getting worse and worse for Trump.
That’s quite the conspiracy theory you have there. I read the NY Post article you cited. It used a lot of charges words to relate the report that Giuliani asked Manafort if the “black book” actually existed. And may have asked more than once. From that, you put forth the idea that Manafort is directing some Machiavellian scheme from prison. Have fun with that one.

That’s quite the conspiracy theory you have there. I read the NY Post article you cited. It used a lot of charges words to relate the report that Giuliani asked Manafort if the “black book” actually existed. And may have asked more than once. From that, you put forth the idea that Manafort is directing some Machiavellian scheme from prison. Have fun with that one.

I know right! It totally reads like a conspiracy. It reads so much like a conspiracy, that Rudy's two associates were indicted for - wait for it - Conspiracy!

I don't mean to imply Manafort is a puppet master here. Moreso to point out who Rudy's running with. Indicted business associates, convicted felons, and the defense counsel of a Ukranian Oligarch trying to avoid extradition to the US.

The DNC/Hillary 2016 campaign/FBI/CIA says hello.

Trump's refusal to cooperate with the House regarding its impeachment inquiry is simply adding fuel to an 'abuse of power' charge against him.

I've got news for you guys: The impeachment process IS political. That means the Democrat House have the votes to impeach Trump's ass. It also means that the Republican Senate can save his ass.

But Trump's recent antics -- including his abrupt pullout of troops from Syria -- have a number of Republicans spooked. That, plus the every-growing majority of impeach Trumpers in recent polls, will make a subsequent trial less of a 'sure thing' acquittal than some might think.

In fact, the power brokers within the GOP might privately push fellow Senators to dump Trump and hope someone like Nikki Haley might help prevent a GOP rout in 2020.
Almost a no brainer for regular people to understand this.

Reactions: UCFWayne
you do realize i want the dems to try and impeach trump? i just want them to get the process started already.
It'll happen right before the holiday (Dec/Jan) recess. Mitch McConnell plans to hold a speedy trial but when Nancy Pelosi holds the vote for impeachment right before recess, it will force the American people to litigate it at home for weeks before the Senate even takes it up.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT