ADVERTISEMENT

Why is a Capitol Riot Commission controversial?

Why did Trump wait so long to call in the National guard? That was one of the narratives we heard from the media for about a month. It seems odd that now it appears that there are other politicians involved in that decision making or recommendation, doesn't it? I'd prefer to just lay the blame on Trumps shoulders but I guess we need an inquiry into why Pelosi told the Sargeant at arms to avoid having a military presence there.

Why did Trump wait so long to call in the National guard? That was one of the narratives we heard from the media for about a month. It seems odd that now it appears that there are other politicians involved in that decision making or recommendation, doesn't it? I'd prefer to just lay the blame on Trumps shoulders but I guess we need an inquiry into why Pelosi told the Sargeant at arms to avoid having a military presence there.
Given the crazy rumors flying around, even more reason to have a nonpartisan commission look into the whole thing, wouldn't you think?

Given the crazy rumors flying around, even more reason to have a nonpartisan commission look into the whole thing, wouldn't you think?
If I had any faith that it would lead to something other than a political football, sure. As it stands, it would just be a huge waste of time and money, and be nothing more than a distraction.

If I had any faith that it would lead to something other than a political football, sure. As it stands, it would just be a huge waste of time and money, and be nothing more than a distraction.
Huh??!? You DON'T want to uncover and expose Pelosi's complicity after all???!? :)

We didn't need a commission to find out that she had input into the deal, did we? That's the point.
A nonpartisan commission to investigate the 9/11 attacks? Of course!!! The security of our country is at stake!!! 👍

A nonpartisan commission to investigate the 1/6 Capitol riot? We don't need no stinkin' commission! 👎

A nonpartisan commission to investigate the 9/11 attacks? Of course!!! The security of our country is at stake!!! 👍

A nonpartisan commission to investigate the 1/6 Capitol riot? We don't need no stinkin' commission! 👎
What exactly did the 9/11 commission accomplish?

Clearly you have no definitive answer, which is why you deferred.
No definitive answer? Christ, man, there's this new-fangled thingy out on the interwebs called Google. You might want to ask it your question and see if anything at all comes up.

The 9/11 commission led to zero changes in anything. All it did was say that the FBI and CIA knew more than they told Bush. Great. 4 years later and 10s of millions of dollars, and everything that could have been changed already had been.

Maybe an independent commission wouldn't be so bad. They might be able to find out what Sicknick knew that led to the FBI killing him.

Maybe an independent commission wouldn't be so bad. They might be able to find out what Sicknick knew that led to the FBI killing him.
Careful there, Crazy. You're in danger of turning back into the guy who was warning the rest of us that Trump's 'smoking gun' voter fraud evidence was coming which would shake-up the world and keep your Golden Boy President

Careful there, Crazy. You're in danger of turning back into the guy who was warning the rest of us that Trump's 'smoking gun' voter fraud evidence was coming which would shake-up the world and keep your Golden Boy President
Does it seem reasonable that an autopsy takes 2 months? Any proposed cause of death thus far should have been easy to diagnose.

This seems like such a no-brainer but, naturally, it's controversial too.

Could you imagine if the Dems did this, what the jerk off Retardplicans would do!

this is nothing buy a CYA plan for the Politicians and police who were caught flat footed in spite of warnings.
Meanwhile they still live behind walls and fences that are bad anywhere they are not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT