ADVERTISEMENT

with Kyler Murray likely being 1st overall

If the Cardinals take Murray at 1 and ignore Quinnen Williams then they need to dismantle their management. They just got a QB last year, you could add talent or protection around him(if you dont want best available), but grabbing another QB with that pathetic offense is just wasteful.

He could have a year that exceeds all his previous years in total, and the size queens of the NFL wouldn't take a notice. You can tell me all day about the Fluties, and Brees, but in reply all I have to say is ok, 2 to 4 teams took a plunge on them, TONS had little interest. unfortunately not drafted, teams would rather take a plunge on some tall QB from Akron or University of the Non-heards than take a successful QB that doesn't fit their size dreams. At least that's my guess.

He could have a year that exceeds all his previous years in total, and the size queens of the NFL wouldn't take a notice. You can tell me all day about the Fluties, and Brees, but in reply all I have to say is ok, 2 to 4 teams took a plunge on them, TONS had little interest. unfortunately not drafted, teams would rather take a plunge on some tall QB from Akron or University of the Non-heards than take a successful QB that doesn't fit their size dreams. At least that's my guess.

Sad but true

His stats were great, with 42 TDs against 7 picks but Oklahoma only played two teams with a top 50 defense prior to the CFI (and those teams had offenses ranked around 100). I'm just glad my Seaturkeys locked up Wilson and don't suck, so they don't have to be anywhere near rolling the dice on him.

4 years and he'll be back to baseball. This was a brilliant move by his agent tho.

Just because a few smaller QBs get drafted and some have success doesn't mean all will. Brees is the most accurate passer of all time.

Much of Milton's game relys on his legs to make it happen, thats fine in college. Doesn't translate so well in the NFL when everybody on the opposing front 7 is faster than anyone you face in college.

NFL teams will field a one legged QB if he will pass for 50 tds and bring fans to the stands. Milton is not going to be screened out because he's an all pro QB, but he's not big enough.

Just because a few smaller QBs get drafted and some have success doesn't mean all will. Brees is the most accurate passer of all time.

Much of Milton's game relys on his legs to make it happen, thats fine in college. Doesn't translate so well in the NFL when everybody on the opposing front 7 is faster than anyone you face in college.

NFL teams will field a one legged QB if he will pass for 50 tds and bring fans to the stands. Milton is not going to be screened out because he's an all pro QB, but he's not big enough.
Marino had two half legs at end. He was big and had a quick release though.

With that coach in Arizona I could see him taking a QB being an offensive guy but as far as a head coach he's done nothing (and Tech is happy he's gone).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT