ADVERTISEMENT

Yet another unarmed Black killed in own home

I don't think it's hard to argue that some actually do care more than others.
Well said. And to the above quote, I'd say 2020 provided great examples of people who went 'far beyond the extra mile' to care for others -- and on the other end of the spectrum, other people who didn't care at all.

"In September 2013, the incarceration rate of the United States of America was the highest in the world at 716 per 100,000 of the national population. While the United States represents about 4.4 percent of the world's population, it houses around 22 percent of the world's prisoners. Corrections (which includes prisons, jails, probation, and parole) cost around $74 billion in 2007 according to the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics."

LaNd oF tHe fReE

"In September 2013, the incarceration rate of the United States of America was the highest in the world at 716 per 100,000 of the national population. While the United States represents about 4.4 percent of the world's population, it houses around 22 percent of the world's prisoners.
A few interesting factoids about our prisons:
  • Blacks make up 13% of our nation's population but 37.5% of our prisons.
  • 65% of our prison population has been incarcerated for drug-related offenses.

A few interesting factoids about our prisons:
  • Blacks make up 13% of our nation's population but 37.5% of our prisons.
  • 65% of our prison population has been incarcerated for drug-related offenses.
So if we end the war on drugs, which we should, would blacks make up a more proportionate percentage of our prison population?

So if we end the war on drugs, which we should, would blacks make up a more proportionate percentage of our prison population?
I dunno but I would imagine so. One thing we need to keep in mind when staring at these staggering stats is that Americans are so much safer than everybody else, right? :)

I dunno but I would imagine so. One thing we need to keep in mind when staring at these staggering stats is that Americans are so much safer than everybody else, right? :)
In this scenario, would women make up 51% of the prison population?

So some people are more predisposed of committing crimes than others.
My super-scientific, wild-ass guess is that "YES" - the male species of the human race are more predisposed to committing acts of violence than the female species.

My super-scientific, wild-ass guess is that "YES" - the male species of the human race are more predisposed to committing acts of violence than the female species.
Male species? Female species? What about the other gender "species"?

I seriously have no clue what off-road you've driven this thread down. What are these other gender 'species' I'm supposed to know about?

Back to the topic: yes, men would account for a disproportionate amount of the prison population than women. Not because they commit more crimes, but because they are judged more harshly. Black men would likely still have a disproportionate % of prison population because they do commit more violent crimes than other demographics. I dont chalk that up to testosterone, but the life circumstances they find themselves in. Unfortunately not much can be done about that in this generation or the next.

Reactions: ChrisKnight06
In a way, its kind of too bad that we weren't able to follow up Obama with a black republican president. I'm sure that for some, he really did represent "hope". Instead of basically only having star athletes or actors to look up to, young black men could see that anything is possible for them. Now it just seems like a one off and we've gone back to old white guys, plus dumbshits like Rachel dolezal and Shaun King co-opting the race just diminishes them even more. Gotta be white to be an influential black person.

Gotta be white to be an influential black person.
What the hell? You're on a roll today, Crazy! :)

For the record, I could put forward a strong argument that one of, if not The Most Influential Person in this country is a black person.

What the hell? You're on a roll today, Crazy! :)

For the record, I could put forward a strong argument that one of, if not The Most Influential Person in this country is a black person.
Way to once again selectively edit something so that you can take it out of context and be an asshole. Instead of having a conversation, you'd rather be a pebble in peoples shoes

In a way, its kind of too bad that we weren't able to follow up Obama with a black republican president. I'm sure that for some, he really did represent "hope". Instead of basically only having star athletes or actors to look up to, young black men could see that anything is possible for them. Now it just seems like a one off and we've gone back to old white guys, plus dumbshits like Rachel dolezal and Shaun King co-opting the race just diminishes them even more. Gotta be white to be an influential black person.

Same comment with your full (unedited for brevity) post.

What are you going to whine about now?

Same comment with your full (unedited for brevity) post.

What are you going to whine about now?
Nothing. At least its an honest representation.

So for a young black man, who is likely to be the most influential person in the country to them?

Nothing. At least its an honest representation.
An honest representation? Pray tell, how was my earlier edit with the same, exact response a dishonest representation?

My edits are solely for brevity or to focus the reader's attention on the specific passage in a longer post that I'm responding to.

An honest representation? Pray tell, how was my earlier edit with the same, exact response a dishonest representation?

My edits are solely for brevity or to focus the reader's attention on the specific passage in a longer post that I'm responding to.
Because it removed the context out of what a said. I was referring to white people that pretend they are black.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT