ADVERTISEMENT

After game

I spoke with EJ Colson's dad waiting at the gate to get into the game. I was really hoping to get a chance to see him play.

I have to call it like I see it but KJ reminded me of that 5-star QB we recruited that was really slow and quickly relegated to playing TE not that long ago. I was highly disappointed that we didn't see EJ, I heard he was having a good camp.

From a skill perspective, Brown and Colson have the most attractive playmaking qualities. If you want to just hand off the ball, heck Gus could have one of his 2nd/3rd string centers do that.

Remember what GOL use to say when we were in a similar QB situation, "He's a good game manager".

Here's Colson vid...a little KZ like :)

Login to view embedded media
I agree he looks "a little KZ like." The sad thing is I don't think Gus would like a "KZ like." Gus has one stereotypical QB in mind and he is not willing to adjust to a different kind of player. If KZ were here now I don't believe Gus would play him. I know a lot of people didn't like Mikey Keene but he was the QB winning games for us and Gus told him in no uncertain terms that he didn't have a future here. How many potential successful QBs is Gus going to recruit, not play, and run off. In my opinion, Gus needs to be the CEO and recruit and leave the coaching and play calling to someone else.

After game

I spoke with EJ Colson's dad waiting at the gate to get into the game. I was really hoping to get a chance to see him play.

I have to call it like I see it but KJ reminded me of that 5-star QB we recruited that was really slow and quickly relegated to playing TE not that long ago. I was highly disappointed that we didn't see EJ, I heard he was having a good camp.

From a skill perspective, Brown and Colson have the most attractive playmaking qualities. If you want to just hand off the ball, heck Gus could have one of his 2nd/3rd string centers do that.

Remember what GOL use to say when we were in a similar QB situation, "He's a good game manager".

Here's Colson vid...a little KZ like :)

Login to view embedded media
EJ is going to redshirt
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT