ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Democrat hopefuls

That article got universally shit on. Every member of the media doesn't speak for all the democrats despite what dumb shit Trump and 85 would have you believe. Some times the media writes insane stuff and it's ok to mock them for it.

Read the comments

Lol is this where you pretend that this article doesn’t fall squarely in line with DNC politics in 2019? Why do you think I’ve kept telling you that this guy would be an issue for the DNC and all you’d hear about is a pissing match about whether he’s gay enough, too white, not Woke enough, etc

Do you think it’s a coincidence that every other candidate is running as far left as possible? The base is demanding identity politics to be on the ballot.

I mean, this Woke OpEd article ran today in the NYTimes today. A Woke leftie explaining why he dumped his girlfriend purely on the basis of her being white. Even racism is back en vogue on the left, so long as that racism is in line with Woke principles and finding all things white as “problematic” is acceptable

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/29/...e-i-broke-up-with-her-because-shes-white.html

I don’t know why @fried-chicken would even be surprised by the Slate article. It’s what he wants. He said that he has no interest in moderates, centrists, or bipartisan people. He wants the furthest left zealot that he can get. He’s said so at least 20 times. He is the embodiment of Slate and DailyKos.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Lol is this where you pretend that this article doesn’t fall squarely in line with DNC politics in 2019? Why do you think I’ve kept telling you that this guy would be an issue for the DNC and all you’d hear about is a pissing match about whether he’s gay enough, too white, not Woke enough, etc

Do you think it’s a coincidence that every other candidate is running as far left as possible? The base is demanding identity politics to be on the ballot.

I mean, this Woke OpEd article ran today in the NYTimes today. A Woke leftie explaining why he dumped his girlfriend purely on the basis of her being white. Even racism is back en vogue on the left, so long as that racism is in line with Woke principles and finding all things white as “problematic” is acceptable

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/29/...e-i-broke-up-with-her-because-shes-white.html

I don’t know why @fried-chicken would even be surprised by the Slate article. It’s what he wants. He said that he has no interest in moderates, centrists, or bipartisan people. He wants the furthest left zealot that he can get. He’s said so at least 20 times. He is the embodiment of Slate and DailyKos.
No one agrees with that article except the person who wrote it. You could have read the comments and saved yourself the time of writing this UCFBS level post that no one is going to read.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
No one agrees with that article except the person who wrote it. You could have read the comments and saved yourself the time of writing this UCFBS level post that no one is going to read.

LMAO

So comments are now the ultimate gauge on national opinion?

Jesus Christ. Shook Chicken is in rare form

That also claims Pete is upper class. I've been following this dude since his DNC nomination and this profile article was written. He is not "upper class"

https://www.politico.com/magazine/s...ttigieg-president-2020-profile-feature-217001

"When Buttigieg moved back to South Bend a decade ago, the first place he rented was similarly shabby. Blue floors. Shag carpet. Bee hives. He can’t even show me the actual carriage house he lived in because his old landlord mercifully knocked it down. All it really had going for it was the location (a couple blocks from his mom and dad’s house) and the price (dirt cheap)."

This is an uninformed hit piece that the left has not accepted in the least.

That also claims Pete is upper class. I've been following this dude since his DNC nomination and this profile article was written. He is not "upper class"

https://www.politico.com/magazine/s...ttigieg-president-2020-profile-feature-217001

"When Buttigieg moved back to South Bend a decade ago, the first place he rented was similarly shabby. Blue floors. Shag carpet. Bee hives. He can’t even show me the actual carriage house he lived in because his old landlord mercifully knocked it down. All it really had going for it was the location (a couple blocks from his mom and dad’s house) and the price (dirt cheap)."

This is an uninformed hit piece that the left has not accepted in the least.

Who gives a shit if he were upper class? Oh noz!

You’re just as consumed with identity politics as the Salon writer.

This was a good insight into on young man’s struggles with today’s cultural pressures. Gotta hand it to him for being absolutely honest about it and not just falling in line with the demonization of all things white. He even acknowledges the cultural pressure against achievement in some of our groups that holds so many back.

I find it interesting that there's been a mini-backlash going on in the Democrat party now against Buttigieg because 'a number of highly qualified female and minority candidates are getting shoved aside for another white guy.' There has also been some bristling about him being 'the smartest person in the race' when the field includes Elizabeth Warren who is a former Harvard Law Professor.

Regarding Warren, she may be intelligent but she doesn't hold a candle to Buttigieg when it comes to campaigning. The difference in Buttigieg is not his intelligence but in the mature, respectful, and friendly way he displays it on the campaign trail.

Also it's hard to paint Mayor Peter as "just another white guy" when he's the first openly gay candidate for President. I may be wrong but given the discussions I've had here, I have a sneaking suspicion that Gay people in American are not automatically accepted and given any free rides.

I find it interesting that there's been a mini-backlash going on in the Democrat party now against Buttigieg because 'a number of highly qualified female and minority candidates are getting shoved aside for another white guy.' There has also been some bristling about him being 'the smartest person in the race' when the field includes Elizabeth Warren who is a former Harvard Law Professor.

Regarding Warren, she may be intelligent but she doesn't hold a candle to Buttigieg when it comes to campaigning. The difference in Buttigieg is not his intelligence but in the mature, respectful, and friendly way he displays it on the campaign trail.

Also it's hard to paint Mayor Peter as "just another white guy" when he's the first openly gay candidate for President. I may be wrong but given the discussions I've had here, I have a sneaking suspicion that Gay people in American are not automatically accepted and given any free rides.

There's quite a few hit pieces calling him out for saying Hillary ran a bad campaign.

She did though.

Jesus.

There's quite a few hit pieces calling him out for saying Hillary ran a bad campaign.

Two thoughts:

1) You have to work VERY HARD to find remarks where Buttigieg takes a dig at any of his fellow Democrats.

2) Give Mayor Peter props for honesty. Hillary DID run a horrible campaign.

Two thoughts:

1) You have to work VERY HARD to find remarks where Buttigieg takes a dig at any of his fellow Democrats.

2) Give Mayor Peter props for honesty. Hillary DID run a horrible campaign.

Yes I agree. There were two former Hillary aides that came out and said out and of course a few outlets picked it up. If this is the “dirt” they have on him - then go for it. She did run a horrible campaign.

I’d honestly love to hear my more conservative friends on this board to honestly weigh in on Buttigieg.

I don’t want to hear “too young” or “inexperienced” either.

I’d be worried if I were y’all.

Reactions: DaShuckster
I’d honestly love to hear my more conservative friends on this board to honestly weigh in on Buttigieg.

Nope, dude can't even gain enough support amongst his own party. Only ticket that stands a chance against President Trump would be Beto/Obama (Barrack's husband Michael, obviously). Even then, what President Trump would do to Francis O'Rourke in a debate would be so violently embarrassing the dude would probably go back to Ireland.

Of course you don’t want to hear “too inexperienced”. The last Democrat President was a one-term Senator that spent most of that term running for President. Your bar is pretty freakin low. At least Buttigieg has an executive position right now to gain experience from.

Of course you don’t want to hear “too inexperienced”. The last Democrat President was a one-term Senator that spent most of that term running for President. Your bar is pretty freakin low. At least Buttigieg has an executive position right now to gain experience from.

The current Republican president has zero political experience whatsoever, what's your point?

I'm just looking for other's opinions on this board that focus on something other than the obvious.

Nope, dude can't even gain enough support amongst his own party. Only ticket that stands a chance against President Trump would be Beto/Obama (Barrack's husband Michael, obviously).
Beto is fluff. Biden is in trouble before he even declares. Dems are already suffering from Bernie fatigue and the gut feeling he can’t beat Trump. Booker hasn’t gotten any early traction and Warren’s campaign has taken off like a lead balloon. Kamila is okay, so is Amy, but they haven’t exactly come out of the gate on fire.

But funny thing, that too-young, gay, nobody Mayor who started his ‘exploratory campaign’ as the biggest Presidential underdog in history is creating serious early buzz. Of course, he’s receiving a lot of dismissive, “he can’t win the primary nomination” chatter — just like Obama did at this point in 2007. But mark my words, Pete Buttigieg isn’t going away. There’s a reason why the Trump re-election campaign bought the ‘Pete 2020’ domain name.

The current Republican president has zero political experience whatsoever, what's your point?

I'm just looking for other's opinions on this board that focus on something other than the obvious.

I'm not sure what you want us to say? He's been vague on pretty much all national issues, he sounds a lot like a typical leftist politician in the responses he has given to many questions (aside from him refusing to banish CFA), and he's not even polling above 4% nationally in a field of pretty shitty candidates and one guy who hasn't even said he's running yet.

I will give him credit for not taking on the culture war positions that the others have - yet - but for now he CAN take those positions since he's a massive underdog and trying to separate himself to gain traction. My concern is that if he did become the front runner, the DNC and the far left would demand that he take up the mantle of waging that culture war and he'd become just another leftie that I want nothing to do with.

Honest question, is he even going to be in the debates? How many people can they really have up there?

I'm not sure what you want us to say? He's been vague on pretty much all national issues, he sounds a lot like a typical leftist politician in the responses he has given to many questions (aside from him refusing to banish CFA), and he's not even polling above 4% nationally in a field of pretty shitty candidates and one guy who hasn't even said he's running yet.

I will give him credit for not taking on the culture war positions that the others have - yet - but for now he CAN take those positions since he's a massive underdog and trying to separate himself to gain traction. My concern is that if he did become the front runner, the DNC and the far left would demand that he take up the mantle of waging that culture war and he'd become just another leftie that I want nothing to do with.

Honest question, is he even going to be in the debates? How many people can they really have up there?

Yup - he has already qualified for the first debates.

Yup - he has already qualified for the first debates.
And he will eat up the other candidates in every debate he participates in. His poll numbers will jump following every televised debate. He’s that good.

True, but he has expansive experience in both domestic and international business. This includes running a number of organizations of differing sizes, making executive decisions, and negotiating with politicians all over the world. This is decades of experience directly relevant to being the chief executive of the USA, even more so than nearly every politician on the Hill.

Love or hate Trump, it is extremely dongenuous to say that he had no experience relevant to the job.

The founders felt very strongly that our government should be lead by regular people, not career politicians. This fake requirement for people to have political experience to run for office is creating a ruling class for ourselves. I don’t think any of us wants that.

Pete raised 7 Million in Q1. That's not underdog numbers.

You've already said that you will not support a moderate or a centrist. So if Petey runs to the left like the other candidates, as you want, please explain to me how he possibly breaks through when there will be 10 other candidates with more name appeal, better funded, who will be making the same exact far left policy points that he will?

Unless of course Petey tries to go against Biden and occupy a centrist position within this field, at which point you'd disown him and vow to never vote for him, right? Right?

...if Petey runs to the left like the other candidates, as you want, please explain to me how he possibly breaks through when there will be 10 other candidates with more name appeal, better funded, who will be making the same exact far left policy points that he will?

I won’t speak for f-c, but my answer is because he’s the best candidate by far — and the more voters see him talk about the issues facing our country today, the more his following is going to continue to grow.

Heck, I’ve got a number of Republican friends who are suffering from Trump fatigue who have told me that Buttigieg is a breath of fresh air.

I just want to know, if Buttigieg somehow wins the nomination and also the election, will I get called a homophobe if I disagree with his policies. I was called a racist for disagreeing with Obama.

I just want to know, if Buttigieg somehow wins the nomination and also the election, will I get called a homophobe if I disagree with his policies.

Knowing the way you turn a phrase, it’s likely. ;)

I was called a racist for disagreeing with Obama.
Not by me. I wasn’t on this board back then.

I did call your posts about border security racist because you parroted Trump by warning us about the horde of immigrant “invaders.” It’s just a coincidence that our board’s resident White Nationalist said the same thing.

I just want to know, if Buttigieg somehow wins the nomination and also the election, will I get called a homophobe if I disagree with his policies. I was called a racist for disagreeing with Obama.

Of course. Shookster and Shook Chicken will label every critique as homophobic and invent lies to keep the smear going.

Just amplify that nationally and you'll see exactly what the narrative will be.

Knowing the way you turn a phrase, it’s likely. ;)

Not by me. I wasn’t on this board back then.

I did call your posts about border security racist because you parroted Trump by warning us about the horde of immigrant “invaders.” It’s just a coincidence that our board’s resident White Nationalist said the same thing.
Everyone that was not a minority and disagreed with Obama was called a racist. Those conservative blacks that disagreed with Obama were ridiculed and called Uncle Tom.

I see it coming. We are all hate-filled homophobes.

Everyone that was not a minority and disagreed with Obama was called a racist.

Yeah, it’s disingenuous to throw the racist blanket over everybody who disagreed with Obama. It was always just about policy differences.

The motives of the Right’s Trump-led, birther crowd were totally pure, right fab?

Everyone that was not a minority and disagreed with Obama was called a racist. Those conservative blacks that disagreed with Obama were ridiculed and called Uncle Tom.

I see it coming. We are all hate-filled homophobes.
A large part of the population, including the current president said Obama was Kenyan. If you don't think that idea was incubated in racism then you've decided to be ignorant.

A large part of the population referred to him as Barack Hussein Obama every time they talked about him because they were trying to paint him as a Muslim. If someone goes out of their way to use his middle name every time they talk about Obama then it is an idea incubated in racism.

Some people weren't racists but a lot of people were racists and didn't even realize it.

A large part of the population, including the current president said Obama was Kenyan. If you don't think that idea was incubated in racism then you've decided to be ignorant.

A large part of the population referred to him as Barack Hussein Obama every time they talked about him because they were trying to paint him as a Muslim. If someone goes out of their way to use his middle name every time they talk about Obama then it is an idea incubated in racism.

Some people weren't racists but a lot of people were racists and didn't even realize it.

In fact, here's one of the people that insisted on using his middle name. I'm sure this person isn't racist though.
Thanks B. Hussein Obama

Yeah, it’s disingenuous to throw the racist blanket over everybody who disagreed with Obama. It was always just about policy differences.
I would say this was very accurate for most Americans.

The motives of the Right’s Trump-led, birther crowd were totally pure, right fab?
This is how I know you think most white conservatives are racist, which is why you wrongfully accused me of being one. You're what's wrong with American politics these days.

Joe Biden told a black audience that Mitt Romney wanted to throw them back in chains, and liberals cheered and hailed him as a progressive hero.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT