ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Election Thread

to all the maga that think Joe is corrupt too he sure hasn’t behaved like someone that is..didn’t he almost sell his Delaware home bc of his son’s cancer treatment bills? And he rarely goes on vacation outside the Northeast. If he is a corrupt the way he has lived the last 20+ years doesn’t track someone receiving a bunch of dirty money

Am I going to assume that this all 100% above the board? Nope. Am I going to assume he has shit he hasn't reported? Yup. Do I think he's as corrupt as Trump? Nope. Do I wish both would kick the bucket because no one over the age of 80 has any business running this country? Yup.

Last edited:
The Democratic republic was a stroke of genius. That said to live under a Democratic government requires us to be skeptical of that government. It should always be Trust but verify.

to all the maga that think Joe is corrupt too he sure hasn’t behaved like someone that is..didn’t he almost sell his Delaware home bc of his son’s cancer treatment bills? And he rarely goes on vacation outside the Northeast. If he is a corrupt the way he has lived the last 20+ years doesn’t track someone receiving a bunch of dirty money
I don't think Joe is a corrupt person -- and I suspect his net worth is one of the LOWER ones in the US Senate.

But that said, a US senator makes $174,000 and usually has a home in expensive DC and one in their home state. Even with wise investments and no financial hardships, its hard to see how you get to a net worth of 8 million without benefiting from a lot of perks from being in Congress. Its the reason why 'saving your job' is the number one priority of the people in Congress.

Christie has passed Desantis in some polls out of New Hampshire.
Good.

The shady dealings of Christie's staff with that NJ bridge closing knocked him of the running when he ran before. While he has no chance, he's a much better candidate than DeSantis.

I heard over the weekend that the Trump Campaign had an airplane fly a banner over the Iowa State Fair that read, "Be Likable, Ron" :)

De Santis is done. gonna be a rematch of last time unfortunately.
crooked and crookeder. Who is what is in the eye of the beholder.

De Santis is done. gonna be a rematch of last time unfortunately.
crooked and crookeder. Who is what is in the eye of the beholder.
The first debate is next week, and at this point I think his only chance is if he is just really impressive at the debate and can gain some serious momentum. I have my doubts he can do that, and agree that he is likely done.

not even handed, I just don't want either of them. Both primaries are done before the first vote, barring one of them dying.

This is goodnightfl's lame attempt at being even handed. :)

Eh, I will cut him some slack here. Biden isn't as squeaky clean as many make him out to be. I don't have a lot of faith in the political process, regardless of party. We've got plenty of career assholes on both sides who mysteriously have 10s of millions of dollars on a salary that doesn't even come close to supporting it. Nor do they have IQs that come anywhere close to the intuition or genius to merit that without something nefarious in the background. And we certainly know that they all lack the moral verisimilitude to even be remotely on the level...

a lot of these complaints would be answered if we got rid of the electoral college
That’s not happening. Maybe it would be more prudent to place the blame on poor turnouts (although the 2020 election did have 66.8%). Nevertheless, we severely lag behind most countries in terms of the participation from our voting age populace.
I don't disagree and said as much about Biden a few posts earlier in this thread.

But wrapping everybody up in the same blanket with a sleezebag like Trump like goodknightfl did is -- IMO -- a Grand Canyon-wide stretch.
Fair enough.

That’s not happening. Maybe it would be more prudent to place the blame on poor turnouts (although the 2020 election did have 66.8%). Nevertheless, we severely lag behind most countries in terms of the participation from our voting age populace.
Think about it: a 'record' voter turnout of.....(drumroll)....66.8 percent. Yet Republicans would have us believe in massive voter fraud. :rolleyes:

This guy is running the dumbest campaign ever. Why in the world would your debate strategy be to praise the guy you are way behind in the polling. Seriously, if anyone is torn between Trump and DeSantis, isn't he just convincing them to vote for Trump?

A new poll out today indicates that 62% of American voters will never vote for Donald Trump in 2024. How do you EVER hope to win an election staring that number in the face? In addition, a Fox New poll -- yes, we're talking FOX NEWS -- says the majority of Americans think Trump did something illegal.

Let me get this straight: We are still over 14 months from the next election and making Trump the GOP Presidential nominee is a foregone conclusion???!? WTF?

Seriously, what the (blank) it wrong with Republicans?
I thought our two-party system was about highlighting to voters progressive vs conservative approaches to addressing our nation's problems? (and usually compromising somewhere in the moderate middle.) As someone who has always had a fiscal conservative bent to my politics, I feel my voice has been silenced by the GOP time and time and time again.

The way things are going, Democrats have smooth sailing because they are the only adults in the room when the alternative is anti-democracy.

This guy is running the dumbest campaign ever. Why in the world would your debate strategy be to praise the guy you are way behind in the polling. Seriously, if anyone is torn between Trump and DeSantis, isn't he just convincing them to vote for Trump?
Well, Deathsantis is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Why would you fight Disney? One of your States largest revenue generators?

Well, Deathsantis is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Why would you fight Disney? One of your States largest revenue generators?
It's a further move away from the GOP's traditional conservative values: Pro-Business, Fiscal Conservatism, and Strong Defense.

Pro-Business? Nowadays, Disney is bizarrely attacked because of its corporate LGBTQ stance.

Fiscal Conservatism? Our Speaker of the House was SO concerned about our national debt---that he held our debt increase hostage which directly led to a downgrade of our credit rating and a drop in the Stock Market.

Strong Defense? One fcuking Republican Senator is preventing us from putting new leaders in place in the various branches of our armed services---over paid leave when families of rank-and-file military have to --- gasp! --- go out-of-state for an abortion.

Our dearly departed Crazyhole would've had you all believe what a crazy, wild-eyed liberal I am. Seems to me my old party did the changing, not me.

A new CBS Poll asked Republican voters the following question: 'Who are you most likely to believe?'

Trump - 71%
Family & Friends - 63%
Conservative Media - 54%
Religious Leaders - 42%

If this isn't the very definition of a cult following, I don't know what is.

2241869.gif

Nothing richer than MAGA hatters bashing Biden for...get this.... being corrupt.

Hunter was an addicted scumbag and can go to jail for all I care. But what the F*** does that have to do with Papa Joe???!?

We all know it's a lame attempt to play the "the other side is corrupt too" game. It works for posters like goodknightfl but most thinking people see though the bullsh*t

Reactions: NinjaKnight
If Papa Joe had anything to do with Hunter's actions, the FBI and DOJ would have investigated it.

If Papa Joe had anything to do with Hunter's actions, the FBI and DOJ would have investigated it.
If Papa Joe had anything to do with Hunter's actions, Fox News would have paraded their bombshell evidence to their viewers 24/7 years ago and the House Republicans would have rushed to vote for impeachment the day Biden took office.

If Papa Joe had anything to do with Hunter's actions, Fox News would have paraded their bombshell evidence to their viewers 24/7 years ago and the House Republicans would have rushed to vote for impeachment the day Biden took office.
Exactly! I just don't k now why people can't understand this! The next thing they'll says is.... the Republicans are working with the Democrats and don't want the salad days to end....

Last edited:
I keep saying this is a major thang and maybe some of all y'all will start to believe me. Key from all of this:

"nearly half of registered voters (46%) say that any Republican presidential nominee would be a better choice than Biden in 2024."
Ooooookay. So Biden beats Trump 54% to 46% in 2024. :rolleyes:

You really aren't getting it, are you, and I really am amazed at how much you continually stick your head in the sand over this one.
I'm supposed to 'get' that Trump --- or a MAGA Hatter to be named later --- is going to win in 2024?

I'm not sticking my head in the sand here. This next election is deadly serious. One could argue that its the most important election of our lifetimes. Everyone NEEDS to take the election seriously. Especially because we've now seen how States were pressured the last time around.

But pardon me for believing the majority of voters of this country are smarter than to elect a guy who will be a convicted felon when voting day rolls around. All this nonsense could have been avoided altogether if the Republican Senate had done their damn job.

They screwed their own party's chances in 2024 by not convicted Trump in his impeachment trial when they had the chance. When leaders put their politics over their country, we all get screwed. I don't understand why more Republicans and 'RINOs' don't get that.

I'm supposed to 'get' that Trump --- or a MAGA Hatter to be named later --- is going to win in 2024?

I'm not sticking my head in the sand here. This next election is deadly serious. One could argue that its the most important election of our lifetimes. Everyone NEEDS to take the election seriously. Especially because we've now seen how States were pressured the last time around.

But pardon me for believing the majority of voters of this country are smarter than to elect a guy who will be a convicted felon when voting day rolls around. All this nonsense could have been avoided altogether if the Republican Senate had done their damn job.

They screwed their own party's chances in 2024 by not convicted Trump in his impeachment trial when they had the chance. When leaders put their politics over their country, we all get screwed. I don't understand why more Republicans and 'RINOs' don't get that.
Lmao. Naw this is pretty much head in sand. All that being given and Biden is still in major trouble. And you know it. That this is even a discussion is kinda like proof…

Lmao. Naw this is pretty much head in sand. All that being given and Biden is still in major trouble. And you know it. That this is even a discussion is kinda like proof…
Ha, I had 'this kind of discussion' back in 2008 and 2012 too. I was told that 'Obama would never win' followed by 'Obama's reelection bid is in major trouble.' So pardon me if my response to your "major thang" is a high level of skepticism.

But boards like this one feed on this stuff. FWIW, I was once told that 'I had my head in the sand' about Obama's birth certificate too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT