ADVERTISEMENT

Active Shooter at Boulder, CO Grocery Store

Exactly. Certainly our resident 'white male' defenders wouldn't have provided us with a different narrative to chew on. :)
That's irrelevant. The only one that jumped to a conclusion on who the shooter is was you. You based your conclusion on race. It's a continuing pattern with you to always ascribe race to every story.

One thing that has been constant with all of these is that the media reports within the first few days are wildly inconsistent and largely inaccurate. We can all react to the emotion but we really should wait a while for factual information before we go solidifying our positions on any one of these incidents.

That's irrelevant.
Funny how this 'racist' game is played. Why would it have been 'irrelevant' if you or one of our usual crew here had enlightened us with some Islamic terrorist or summer riots drivel?
The only one that jumped to a conclusion on who the shooter is was you. You based your conclusion on race.
Did you pay any attention to my follow-up posts? Apparently it's easier to ignore them.
It's a continuing pattern with you to always ascribe race to every story.
Any ideas about why I was f*king with you? Does your description above remind you of that guy you see in the mirror? :)

One thing that has been constant with all of these is that the media reports within the first few days are wildly inconsistent and largely inaccurate. We can all react to the emotion but we really should wait a while for factual information before we go solidifying our positions on any one of these incidents.
to be fair the arrest pic it was easy to assume that he was Caucasian neck beard before knowing his name

the one constant though: An AR-15

Funny how this 'racist' game is played. Why would it have been 'irrelevant' if you or one of our usual crew here had enlightened us with some Islamic terrorist or summer riots drivel?
Did you pay any attention to my follow-up posts? Apparently it's easier to ignore them.
Any ideas about why I was f*king with you? Does your description above remind you of that guy you see in the mirror? :)
You weren't. You ascribed race and motive in your first post. After being called out on it you twisted yourself into a pretzel.

Reactions: Knight In TN
Sounds like the shooter had planned to do this at the Trump rally in Denver last year that was cancelled. If true, whoa.

to be fair the arrest pic it was easy to assume that he was Caucasian neck beard before knowing his name

the one constant though: An AR-15
You can just say a gun. Because there’s not much special about an AR-15 style weapon that isn’t present in most other firearms.

You can just say a gun. Because there’s not much special about an AR-15 style weapon that isn’t present in most other firearms.
But it looks so scary!

It amazes me that people always think it’s so damning when one of the most popular rifles on the market is frequently used.

I know this is true, but I've got to admit that the ar-556 that this guy used doesn't seem to have much practical use other than shooting a bunch of people. Not really practical for hunting or self-defense. I don't want to see it banned, but at some point we probably need to ask the question of why there is a demand for guns like this.

It is a light weight rifle. Really isn't overly special. Basically don't murder people over TDS and media propaganda.
It isn't really a rifle, it's a pistol with a bunch of accessories you can connect to it. I'll admit that I think it's cool as shit, but I'd also be a little leery of anybody that buys one.

Wow---look at the flurry of recent posts!!!

Boy, you guys have suddenly gotten all worked up about this shooter after learning he wasn't some wacko gun-toting white guy after all.
:)

Wow---look at the flurry of recent posts!!!

Boy, you guys have suddenly gotten all worked up about this shooter after learning he wasn't some wacko gun-toting white guy after all.
:)
There were more posts in the first hour of the shooting than there has been in the last hour. Try again.

I know multiple people with AR-15s. Normal businessmen and no issues ever with them. There are tons of AR-15s out there. No issues normally with the vast majority of gun owners. Criminals will continue to own them if banned.

Back to the dumb racist stuff that Shook and others posted. These are only stats and nothing of my opinion on any group, just wanted to point out whites aren't the only crazy group in the US.

Mass shootings in 2020

73% Black
14% - White
14% - Latino
0% - Asian
The 556 isn't a typical AR-15. Same bullet but it's a vastly different gun than something like a mini-14.

It isn't really a rifle, it's a pistol with a bunch of accessories you can connect to it. I'll admit that I think it's cool as shit, but I'd also be a little leery of anybody that buys one.
There are something like 15+ million AR-15s owned by civilians in the US. You almost certainly know someone who’s bought one, and the odds are extremely high that they’ll never shoot anyone with it.

Reactions: humanjerk
There are something like 15+ million AR-15s owned by civilians in the US. You almost certainly know someone who’s bought one, and the odds are extremely high that they’ll never shoot anyone with it.
I've shot them several times. To me, they aren't all that much fun to shoot. It's like a step up from the 10-22 that I had as a 12 year old. I just don't really get the allure. They aren't really all that practical for most uses and if I'm going to shoot for fun it's going to be a .50SW or a .338 lapua.

Nothing like a mass shooting to talk about the prevalence of AR-15s and remind us of how harmless they are.*

Nothing like a mass shooting to talk about the prevalence of AR-15s and remind us of how harmless they are.*
What’s your point? They’re brought up by gun control activist whenever this happens for a few reasons:

1. Ignorance about the fact that it’s the most common gun in America, so it makes sense it’s used most frequently in mass shootings.

2. A more sinister desire to ban all guns like it, which is a way to get a foot in the door to include any semiautomatic gun. These people are in favor of the full disarming of the American public.

Was the last one of these the Florida school shooting or the Walmart shooting in Texas?

The 556 isn't a typical AR-15. Same bullet but it's a vastly different gun than something like a mini-14.
5.56 simply refers to the NATO measurement for caliber. It has nothing to do with the AR-15 form factor. You can get AR-15 form factor rifles chambered in many different calibers from pistol to rifle. The differences are in the barrel and the receivers. There are a lot of AR-15

The most common AR-15 form factor rifles are the .223 Remington and the 5.56 NATO round. The .223 generally is a less powerful round than the 5.56. Some ARs can only shoot .223s while ARs made for 5.56 can shoot that and .223. If you try to shoot 5.56 from a .223 only rifle you are risking a catastrophic failure.

There are lower receivers that are made as pistols and designed to shoot with one hand but conform to the form factor. These can be chambered in many calibers and can have a short barrel length, making them easier to conceal. Once you put a shoulder stock on it, though, it becomes a rifle and you have to conform to the rifle barrel length laws or you are breaking federal law. The Dayton shooter used one of these along with a double barrel drum capable of holding 100 rounds. He put a shoulder stock on it and thus broke the law.

Incidentally, many of the things that you are worried about with the AR-15 also occur nowadays with the AK-47. Except that those rifles are chambered in 7.62 which is a different beast entirely.

You went from evil white guys to then finding out it was Syrian immigrant to regrouping into ban guns. Bold move cotton.
Well, when they gather the statistics on these events, people that are from middle eastern or north African descent are included in the category of "white". So technically this was a white shooter.

5.56 simply refers to the NATO measurement for caliber. It has nothing to do with the AR-15 form factor. You can get AR-15 form factor rifles chambered in many different calibers from pistol to rifle. The differences are in the barrel and the receivers. There are a lot of AR-15

The most common AR-15 form factor rifles are the .223 Remington and the 5.56 NATO round. The .223 generally is a less powerful round than the 5.56. Some ARs can only shoot .223s while ARs made for 5.56 can shoot that and .223. If you try to shoot 5.56 from a .223 only rifle you are risking a catastrophic failure.

There are lower receivers that are made as pistols and designed to shoot with one hand but conform to the form factor. These can be chambered in many calibers and can have a short barrel length, making them easier to conceal. Once you put a shoulder stock on it, though, it becomes a rifle and you have to conform to the rifle barrel length laws or you are breaking federal law. The Dayton shooter used one of these along with a double barrel drum capable of holding 100 rounds. He put a shoulder stock on it and thus broke the law.

Incidentally, many of the things that you are worried about with the AR-15 also occur nowadays with the AK-47. Except that those rifles are chambered in 7.62 which is a different beast entirely.
Meh. There's really only 2 calibers widely used in the armalite platform, 5.56 and 7.62 so I wouldn't say "many different" unless you're willing to modify it. Yeah, you can make a 338 lapua mag into something that resembles armalite, but nobody does it and nobody refers to that as an AR.
I'm just saying that the ruger ar556 isn't exactly the same beast as a mini 14 so I don't like the term being used here. It's like saying that a rem .223 is an AR just because it fires the same caliber bullet as the AR-15.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT