ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Kennedy retirement

Huh? Ford's economy sucked ass. It was certainly worse than GHWB's.

Probably true, but things began to turn around in 75. I would maintain that pardoning Nixon was a bigger factor than the economy for Carter winning in 76.

This isn't an election year...The President is the one who nominates. McConnell's point is that the President should not get to nominate on his way out the door.

Glad you agree. It is settled then, next prez shall nominate the new SC justice.

This isn't an election year...The President is the one who nominates. McConnell's point is that the President should not get to nominate on his way out the door.
I'm sorry we just can't let a Senate that might change confirm a justice in an election year.

Can can't seat a supreme court justice in an election year.

Good luck with that line. Right or wrong, kennedy will be replaced before November so no matter what happens in the midterms the court is going to take a swing towards the right. Hopefully Trump nominates someone who is strong on the 4th amendment so we dont lose that balance in the court.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Good luck with that line. Right or wrong, kennedy will be replaced before November so no matter what happens in the midterms the court is going to take a swing towards the right. Hopefully Trump nominates someone who is strong on the 4th amendment so we dont lose that balance in the court.
I know that. Im pointing out that it's stolen democracy. More people voted for Obama, he didnt get to represent them. Then more people voted for Hillary and she didn't get to represent them. One of these is a product of our political system and one was a shameless power grab.

I have no problem with this appointment I have a problem with the last one.

I know that. Im pointing out that it's stolen democracy. More people voted for Obama, he didnt get to represent them. Then more people voted for Hillary and she didn't get to represent them. One of these is a product of our political system and one was a shameless power grab.

I have no problem with this appointment I have a problem with the last one.

True enough. Still glad that SCOTUS will have more justices that value constititional law over case law. This never would have been an issue if Democrats hadnt villanized Bork and then skewed activist with Souter and Ginsburg.

someone should start a thread on rgb and her retirement lol. im pretty sure her goal will be to make it to 2023. that way the dems could stall and not allow trump to have a pick as he would be about to leave office.

someone should start a thread on rgb and her retirement lol. im pretty sure her goal will be to make it to 2023. that way the dems could stall and not allow trump to have a pick as he would be about to leave office.
[roll]

It’s so amusing seeing liberals go into insane hysterics due to the departure of a Ronald Reagan appointed judge

The right has won

Maybe that's because while the left may have disagreed with Reagan's policies, at least he wasn't a disgusting lying piece of shit with zero morals. The same cannot be said of the current president (which explains why you like him so much)

Once Trump ends his 2nd term the court will be either 6-3 or 7-2 stacked with conservative judges.

The future is bright.

It's not even that they be conservative but they are upholding our Constitution that this country needs. Let's uphold the rights of Americans instead of crapping on our personal iberties and freedoms.

The radical left that has taken over the democratic party has already eroded our 1st ammend rights, they are trying very hard to erode our 2nd ammend rights, our 4th ammend rights are being destroyed, etc.

All I can say is thank God we have a president that truely loves our country and values the true meaning of it and is willing to fight for all of us, even the ones that don't agree with him or understand the meaning of our rights.

Last edited:
Reactions: UCFWayne
So what's the ETA til more left wing goons stalk Justice Kennedy in public and try to intimidate him into not retiring?

It's not even that they be conservative but they are upholding our Constitution that this country needs. Let's uphold the rights of Americans instead of crapping on our personal iberties and freedoms.

The radical left that has taken over the democratic party has already eroded our 1st ammend rights, they are trying very hard to erode our 2nd ammend rights, our 4th ammend rights are being destroyed, etc.

All I can say is thank God we have a president that truely loves our country and values the true meaning of it and is willing to fight for all of us, even the ones that don't agree with him or understand the meaning of our rights.

lmfao holy fuking shit what an ignorant pile of dogshit. Thanks for your 2 cents "NascarSteve" kindly stop voting and procreating.

lmfao holy fuking shit what an ignorant pile of dogshit. Thanks for your 2 cents "NascarSteve" kindly stop voting and procreating.

Trump bullshit aside, can you name a time that RBG cited the constitution in a ruling that didnt involve the 4th amendment?

Trump bullshit aside, can you name a time that RBG cited the constitution in a ruling that didnt involve the 4th amendment?

Of course not, but I never claimed to. I know next to nothing about the supreme court, which is why I stay out of the conversation.

i agree. its all about keeping to the meaning of the constitution as it was written.

You must dream at night of a society where there’s no rich people, religion is outlawed, and abortions are performed as entertainment
I'm not the one who has to juggle my love of god and family with the fact that I support an immoral scumbag.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT