ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Kennedy retirement

i do see the left getting more violent. that said i think roe v wade was settled long ago. something else might make them more violent though. time will tell what finally sets them off.
BTW, I'm not injecting my opinion on RvW. I'm saying there is effort out there to repeal it. A new, super majority in the SC makes RvW susceptible to change if its pushed by the religious right. Just saying.

By the way- Trump will almost assuredly nominate yet another supremely qualified pick, just as Gorsuch was. It's rumored he'll nominate the guy that was short listed last time just behind Gorsuch.

There are no less than 8 red state D Senators up for re-election in November. Most of whom are already in big trouble.

They'll either vote for the nominee and tell Schumer to piss off, or they'll vote against him and give people back home even more motivation to vote them out.

Either way, I like the scenario.

no matter if the dems allow or choose to delay, trump is still getting that pick. the real question is if hell get another.
RBG you mean? Also, imo a balanced SC is best for the country. Another conservative SC judge would skew it too far to the right imo, but opinions and assholes and all that.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
And a leftist. Just saying. Keep your house in order. Btw, your arguments lose merit when you resort to name calling. Try being an adult for a time and see if you can handle it.

Maybe try not being a dipshit, and then I won't correctly call you one.

For example: "keep your house in order". Are you actually brain dead? What the fuk does that even mean, you sound like a typical fox news slurping mouth breathing idiot saying stuff like that. So don't get too butthurt when I call you a dipshit, you earned it.

Maybe try not being a dipshit, and then I won't correctly call you one.

For example: "keep your house in order". Are you actually brain dead? What the fuk does that even mean, you sound like a typical fox news slurping mouth breathing idiot saying stuff like that. So don't get too butthurt when I call you a dipshit, you earned it.
Ok, enjoy your hate and disappointment. Hopefully life sucks for you. Welcome to ignore you mental midget.

Ok, enjoy your hate and disappointment. Hopefully life sucks for you. Welcome to ignore you mental midget.

lmao my god what a massive, hypocritical snowflake. "Hopefully life sucks for you?" Jesus fuking Christ this is a message board, what they hell is wrong with you. 85 and yourself obviously get along great, sending death threats and hoping life sucks for people, all over political differences.

is there anyone in the wc that hasn't posted something incredibly stupid, such as "keep your house in order" in reference to a dead communist leader?

FIFY

And yes, plenty of people who haven't said incredibly moronic things like the above. You just have your panties in a wad because you really are not an intelligent person, so I call you out.

A Republican has appointed 14 out of the last 18(soon to be 15 out of 19) Justices yet have only won the popular vote 1 Time in the Last 7 Presidential Elections. It is starting to veer too far right and not represent how the majority of this country feels on issues. At the very least the Justice should not get approved till the Mueller investigation is complete, having a 1 term or less President have up to 3 Generational picks is a lot of Power to give someone in a very short time frame.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
A Republican has appointed 14 out of the last 18(soon to be 15 out of 19) Justices yet have only won the popular vote 1 Time in the Last 7 Presidential Elections. It is starting to veer too far right and not represent how the majority of this country feels on issues. At the very least the Justice should not get approved till the Mueller investigation is complete, having a 1 term or less President have up to 3 Generational picks is a lot of Power to give someone in a very short time frame.

Oh boo hoo. How long are you guys going to whine about the Electoral College? Maybe you'd do better in the EC if D's stopped pandering to extremists in LA and NYC and stopped to check in with the rest of the country once and a while.

There's going to be a conservative going into the SC by year's end. It's a great day for America. Deal with it.

I follow the logic, but that is the system however unpopular. I actually prefer the electoral college because it keeps everyone relevant. You know damn well if it was just the popular vote that 60% of the country would be dismissed with no real chance of representation.

Reactions: 1ofTheseKnights
I follow the logic, but that is the system however unpopular. I actually prefer the electoral college because it keeps everyone relevant. You know damn well if it was just the popular vote that 60% of the country would be dismissed with no real chance of representation.
I'm not even arguing to remove the Electoral College, just to have a mature President that can acknowledge when he/she has a mandate on an agenda or not. When you lose the Popular vote by 3 million votes that is not a mandate so the decisions on the the court/policy should reflect that if you have a leader that can step back & realize it's not about him. Trump is basically speaking to around 35% of this country or less.

I'm not even arguing to remove the Electoral College, just to have a mature President that can acknowledge when he/she has a mandate on an agenda or not. When you lose the Popular vote by 3 million votes that is not a mandate so the decisions on the the court should reflect that. Trump is basically speaking to around 35% of this country or less.
This is a mature opinion. Unfortunately other than age, there's not much maturity associated with Trump. I'm a Republican but Trump makes me cringe with his immature comments. At least he's trying to keep his campaign promises, or at least most of them anyways. Been awhile since we've seen that. We just need to get through the Trumpisms and move forward.

Reactions: UCFWayne
I'm not even arguing to remove the Electoral College, just to have a mature President that can acknowledge when he/she has a mandate on an agenda or not. When you lose the Popular vote by 3 million votes that is not a mandate so the decisions on the the court/policy should reflect that if you have a leader that can step back & realize it's not about him. Trump is basically speaking to around 35% of this country or less.

Again- total nonsense. The topic of rage amongst lefties today is abortion. Here is the latest Gallup poll of Americans:

ujzz84j_v0er2uytpvy5hq.png

If that trend holds then in 2019 more people will respond as Pro Life than Pro Choice

That’s far from your thesis that Trump’s pick will only represent 35% of the country

lmao. 85's argument is literally: "I cherry picked one topic that doesn't even currently prove my point, but it might next year!"

And people complain when I call out stupidity.

we live in a republic not a democracy. you really should learn the difference.

Which issues? Generally speaking the only issue that the liberal justices have been consistently right on and the conservatives consistently wrong is the 4th amendment. After that its kind of a grab bag on any individual issue and ruling where they may land.

Kamala Harris summed things up nicely. Another Trump nominee is going to be the end of the constitution. Meanwhile, RBG openly states that she doesnt like the constitution and wouldn't model one after it if a country is authoring one.

Which issues? Generally speaking the only issue that the liberal justices have been consistently right on and the conservatives consistently wrong is the 4th amendment. After that its kind of a grab bag on any individual issue and ruling where they may land.
Exactly my question. I’d love to see the evidence that leads Poolside to conclude that the SC has been moving further to the right.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Kamala Harris summed things up nicely. Another Trump nominee is going to be the end of the constitution. Meanwhile, RBG openly states that she doesnt like the constitution and wouldn't model one after it if a country is authoring one.

Exactly. These bafoons are going into hysterics over this next SC pick, yet they love to glorify a woman who barely even attempts to fake an interest in reading and interpreting the Constitution as written.

Gorsuch is by ever measure a more qualified SCJ than RBG.

Exactly. These bafoons are going into hysterics over this next SC pick, yet they love to glorify a woman who barely even attempts to fake an interest in reading and interpreting the Constitution as written.

Gorsuch is by ever measure a more qualified SCJ than RBG.
RBG was always an affirmative action hire. She's no Sandra Day O'Connor by any stretch.

At least she had the experience that predicates qualification. Kagan wasnt ever a judge at any level.
I wouldn't argue that. But Kagan is bought and paid for by the Clinton's and Obama. I personally thought there were plenty of other female candidates that were better, but she is a party line voter for the liberal cause.

Reactions: Crazyhole
More hilarious freak outs from leftie nutjobs. This one from Joy Behar on The View:

“Yeah. Let’s have everybody a Republican. The Supreme Court, the Congress, the presidency! What is that called? Dictatorship I believe!”

[roll]

Reactions: 1ofTheseKnights
More hilarious freak outs from leftie nutjobs. This one from Joy Behar on The View:

“Yeah. Let’s have everybody a Republican. The Supreme Court, the Congress, the presidency! What is that called? Dictatorship I believe!”

[roll]
This is what happens when a loudmouthed housewife has a tepid comedy career and is suddenly a genius because she's on TV show with equally qualified showmates. Not one original thought from that entire show. Claptrap.

I wouldn't argue that. But Kagan is bought and paid for by the Clinton's and Obama. I personally thought there were plenty of other female candidates that were better, but she is a party line voter for the liberal cause.

Except she is becoming a swing vote. So maybe not so much of the bought and paid for.

Curtis Cook, writer for the Daily Show, yesterday wished on Twitter that Justice Kennedy would have been asassinated.

He has since deleted that post. I can only imagine the FBI is investigating him at this point.

Another liberal pushing hate and violence

Curtis Cook, writer for the Daily Show, yesterday wished on Twitter that Justice Kennedy would have been asassinated.

He has since deleted that post. I can only imagine the FBI is investigating him at this point.

Another liberal pushing hate and violence

Wow. This coming from a guy who has admitted to sending death threats to people on this board over political differences. You are a disgusting excuse for a human being and a shit tier Christian.

Golly, it sure looks like Republican support changes wildly based on if the activist judges are approving their shit while dem support is constant or somewhat constant.

Make Republican rulings = constitutionalist
Make Democrat rulings = activist

Is that right?

Well since it seems to be a prescient issue right now, I'll explain using the Roe v Wade ruling:

The ruling stated that the 14th amendment as written provides protection for doctors who perform abortion via the due process clause. The issue with this is that for 40 years PRIOR to the 14th amendment, abortion laws existed in several states. If the INTENT of the 14th amendment was to protect abortion rights as was written in the Roe ruling, then why wouldn't they have included it specifically in the drafting of the amendment? The court nearly ignored the 9th amendment in the ruling, which is a much better argument in favor of abortion. Instead, they extrapolated from the 14th to justify a ruling that favored their personal beliefs. THAT is activism.

Reactions: UCFKnight85
I should also note that all 5 judges in the majority in the Casey ruling were appponted by republicans. Democrat nominated justices almost never deviate from liberal ideology, republican nominated judges almost always show pragmatism.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT