ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 in 2023 Official

Will be interesting to see how fast we can fill in our schedules. Currently we just have Boise State and Kent State for 2023. At least now we’re going from 0 P5 opponents to 8.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Here comes a banner recruiting summer with this announcement. I wouldn't be surprised if we are in the low 40s with 16 recruits in December. Seems we are saving more spots for transfers these days.

Will be interesting to see how fast we can fill in our schedules. Currently we just have Boise State and Kent State for 2023. At least now we’re going from 0 P5 opponents to 8.
The buzz has been all the P5 leagues going to 9 conference games to have more quality matchups for tv. Obviously if that does happen we would only need 3 non conference games per year. You will probably see 1 P5 school and then 2 with the likes of Florida A&M, BCC, FIU, FAU, usf, etc.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
The buzz has been all the P5 leagues going to 9 conference games to have more quality matchups for tv. Obviously if that does happen we would only need 3 non conference games per year. You will probably see 1 P5 school and then 2 with the likes of Florida A&M, BCC, FIU, FAU, usf, etc.
We should only play schools in the SE in our OOC games. Pick 1 of (BCU, FAMU), Pick 1 of (FAU, FIU, USF) and Pick 1 (UF, FSU, UM).

I think we should focus on beating up on Miami because then we can claim any recruit south of Orlando.

Big 12 has been 9 OOC

Reactions: tjb74

Lot of good stuff

- Our expected TV distribution from Big12 is $18-19M for 2023 and 2024.
- Expects Texas and Oklahoma to still be in the Big12 when we get there.
- Scheduling Philosophy changes: Big12 requires 1 P5 OOC game. Looking for an exemption for 2023. Believes @Boise State should be enough for Strength of Schedule.
- Mentions attempting to move some games but facing resistance, (probably talking about 2025 with @Maryland and UNC)
- Expect 7 games home games. Focused on playing games in Florida.

We should only play schools in the SE in our OOC games. Pick 1 of (BCU, FAMU), Pick 1 of (FAU, FIU, USF) and Pick 1 (UF, FSU, UM).

I think we should focus on beating up on Miami because then we can claim any recruit south of Orlando.
Effing great idea

From my own opinion, and watching Terry's response, I'd saying the the departure contract didn't quite go as cordially as planned.

To quote NY Jets LB Bart Scott, "Can't wait!" The Big 12 has no idea what they have unleashed. Just wait till we start signing the elite Florida kids. "Can't wait!" Buckle your chin straps fellas, it is about to be a crazy wild ass ride. Go get'em. The future belongs to the bold. The future belongs to UCF!!!!

Reactions: tjb74
To quote NY Jets LB Bart Scott, "Can't wait!" The Big 12 has no idea what they have unleashed. Just wait till we start signing the elite Florida kids. "Can't wait!" Buckle your chin straps fellas, it is about to be a crazy wild ass ride. Go get'em. The future belongs to the bold. The future belongs to UCF!!!!
Steelers beat the Jets after he said that. Not a great quote.

What happens if the league folds? ...does Aresco keep the balance? 14yrs is a long time, that is surprising.
I was thinking the same thing will the AAC still be there in 14 years. I would also assume that it will be a much smaller payday for the remaining schools. They may be just splitting the initial 10 mil by 2025. The remaining 8 million maybe used to keep the league afloat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT