ADVERTISEMENT

Bloomberg is in.

i agree with you all the way up until the last sentence.

she may be all those other things, but she wouldnt be as hated as hillary.
Revisionist history. Democrats and celebrities absolutely adored Hillary.

Also, as was pointed out by "the Mooch", Democrats do better when they run someone young.

So Mayor Pete?

But I'm not sure this country votes for a gay president before a woman president.

I'm not even sure if we've gotten rid of enough boomers yet to elect any woman president. My mother is still of the generation that thinks women don't have the "temperament" to be president.
I thought that the boomers were supposed to be the enlightened generation. Didn't they want a world with out barriers for race, gender and sexual orientation?

I thought that the boomers were supposed to be the enlightened generation. Didn't they want a world with out barriers for race, gender and sexual orientation?

Yes, they were once the woke young idiots of society much like our modern young woke idiots.

The difference is that the Boomers eventually grew up and got out of their parents houses and got jobs. They didn’t crash on mom and dads spare bed into their early 30s like our young woke idiots of today.

It's not "the Democrats", it's the sane people that want someone competent to run this country. 12 years running a city of 9 million people, built a real business empire, data driven and doesn't toss out BS ideas like MFA.
Don’t forget he saved all those New Yorkers by telling them they can’t have big sugar drinks.

I give credit to the Republicans who know how to demonize a person like no other. There's still a large portion of the country that believes Hillary had a child prostitution ring in a pizza house basement, and that Obama was born in Kenya.

Bravo conservatives. Bravo.
And there are plenty of idiots out there who think Trump colluded with Russia.

As someone pointed out recently, this country likes to flip between stable and crazy, like in a relationship.

After 8 years of stable, but boring, Obama, people wanted to **** the crazy chick at the bar.

The only question is; have they gotten it out of their system in 4 years this time?
If they wanted the “crazy chick at the bar” Hillary would have won.

You ignored Helsinki.

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F180717133009-03-trump-putin-summit-0716-opinion.jpg

Bloomberg needs to figure out his free stuff campaign. There is a large lazy base that needs to hear about what he will give away. Maybe a strong plan to tax the productive so jobs can find a new country. Bold strategy!

Reactions: Boston.Knight
If they wanted the “crazy chick at the bar” Hillary would have won.

Hillary was probably the most qualified person we had running for president in our lifetime. People used to joke that she was running things behind the scenes when Bill Clinton was president. Then she was part of Obama's team as Secretary of State. That's a lot of in house experience. People knew what they were getting with her, and that was essentially a continuation of Obama.

She was also pretty damn centrist, much like Obama, i.e. safe. She wasn't pushing the envelope like Bernie (healthcare, tuition).

She's about as vanilla as they come, but conservatives did what they do best, and attack the person, not the policy.

Hillary was probably the most qualified person we had running for president in our lifetime. People used to joke that she was running things behind the scenes when Bill Clinton was president. Then she was part of Obama's team as Secretary of State. That's a lot of in house experience. People knew what they were getting with her, and that was essentially a continuation of Obama.

She was also pretty damn centrist, much like Obama, i.e. safe. She wasn't pushing the envelope like Bernie (healthcare, tuition).

She's about as vanilla as they come, but conservatives did what they do best, and attack the person, not the policy.

Are you referring to the woman calling Jill Stein and Tulsi Gabbard “Russian operatives”? That crazy woman? She’s the most qualified ever?

Are you referring to the woman calling Jill Stein and Tulsi Gabbard “Russian operatives”? That crazy woman? She’s the most qualified ever?
On paper she was pretty qualified, but not the most qualified ever. Anybody who has been the governor of Texas or California would probably rate much higher.

Bloomberg is the clear anti-Constitutional candidate now that Beto is out. Warren is just the anti-private ownership candidate.

• Dislike
Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
Women aren't the only people who can come across as shrill. For example, I also think my ex-wife, mother in law, and oldest daughter are shrill.

Liz Warren is a wealthy left wing lunatic who fraudulently lied about her non existent Native American heritage to get ahead as a white woman in order to jump ahead of other qualified candidates since people thought she was NA.

Is there anything less Woke than that?

she’s a disaster. She’s lying through her teeth about taxes required for MFA. She wants to decimate the military by cutting $800B.

She would be less liked that Hillary

FYI - My mom grew up her entire life believing she was 25% Native American. By extension, I always assumed I was 12.5%. We did one of the genetic testing things recently and found out we're less than 1% Native American! Oops! While I never used that to try to land a scholarship or anything, it's a massive over-reach to call what Warren did "fraud". She was wrong, but I gauran-damn-tee you she had no idea she was wrong. I think she handled that deal terribly and assumed she was finished after she used her test results as proof. But in the age of Trump nothing matters anymore anyway.

I have a friend that hates Trump, but voted for Jill Stein because she bought into the character assassination. That's all it took. Enough doubt in a few key places, and the 3rd party pulled votes away which let the electoral college do its thing.

10,000 votes is all it took.

Bingo. I'm no fan of Hillary. I think she was an awful candidate and was way out of touch. But I have a very fiscally conservative family member that did this exact same thing with the Jill Stein vote. But that's what 30 years of living in the public eye as the #1 target of right-wing character assassination will do to you. We're seeing precisely the same thing happen to AOC right now. The right needs a new boogywoman to demonize.

Bingo. I'm no fan of Hillary. I think she was an awful candidate and was way out of touch. But I have a very fiscally conservative family member that did this exact same thing with the Jill Stein vote. But that's what 30 years of living in the public eye as the #1 target of right-wing character assassination will do to you. We're seeing precisely the same thing happen to AOC right now. The right needs a new boogywoman to demonize.

The right-wing media made AOC. She would be a nobody if they just ignored her.

The right-wing media made AOC. She would be a nobody if they just ignored her.
I would say the left-wing media started AOC but, yes, the right-wing media gave her cult status. Of course, it's hard not too when she's so ignorant when it comes to basic technology, like plumbing -- from her garbage disposal to high integration fixtures used in military and other facilities.

• Dislike
I would say the left-wing media started AOC but, yes, the right-wing media gave her cult status. Of course, it's hard not too when she's so ignorant when it comes to basic technology, like plumbing -- from her garbage disposal to high integration fixtures used in military and other facilities.

They gave her oxygen to become a cult star. The right wing always has a boogywoman.

This is fascinating. Bloomberg is going to play horribly with the progressive base. I don't think he can qualify in time for the next debate. If he's successful, he take most of his votes from Biden as a centrist option and undercuts Mayor Pete's ability to fill that void if Biden falls. If anything, this dilutes the centrist vote and helps the Warren / Biden wing - right? And the sole reason he's doing this is because he despises the progressive economic agenda right?

You lost me with Pocahontas. Dems put her out there, it’s over before it starts

They gave her oxygen to become a cult star. The right wing always has a boogywoman.
Just like Palin was for the left, and now Melania. But with Melania, it's amazing how what some of the left hurls towards Melania is not considered 'bigotry.'

I mean, Slavic insults, especially towards women, have been around millennia, far longer than African ones. Just because most Americans are ignorant of Slavic history and how various phrases are absolute bigtory, is no excuse for the left. In fact, it only makes them seem like Hitler -- directly -- even though there's good evidence Hitler was Slavic too.

• Dislike
Just like Palin was for the left, and now Melania. But with Melania, it's amazing how what some of the left hurls towards Melania is not considered 'bigotry.'

I mean, Slavic insults, especially towards women, have been around millennia, far longer than African ones. Just because most Americans are ignorant of Slavic history and how various phrases are absolute bigtory, is no excuse for the left. In fact, it only makes them seem like Hitler -- directly -- even though there's good evidence Hitler was Slavic too.

Nobody GAF about Melania. Nobody talks about her, writes about her, nothing. Palin flamed out pretty soon after the 2008 election.

AOC is a creation of the right. She represents 700,000 people. If they ignored her, she would be nobody. Now she fundraises like a superstar. Something in your personal that forces you guys to get worked up perpetually and Hannity/Limbaugh play you like a fiddle.

Nobody GAF about Melania. Nobody talks about her, writes about her, nothing.
My God, you really must be oblivious. Oh, that's right, 'racism' and 'bigotry' only applies to Republicans, not Democrats. Screw 'dem Slavs, just like Hitler, eh? (I'm serious, people don't wish to even look at the reality of it)

AOC is a creation of the right. She represents 700,000 people. If they ignored her, she would be nobody.
Oh, she'd have 1/4th the attention, for sure. But she quickly came to regret being so ignorant of everyday American lives ... and basic plumbing to top it off. That and she associates with so many people, on the left, that does things she despises the right for doing.

AOC is great cannon fodder because she cannot help but put her food in her mouth. It's entertaining, that's for sure. And when the right obsessed on her, I have to step back and say ... "Yeah, you're right, they're obsessing on you ... but you're a public official now, and get used to being 'called out' when you should be.'" AOC's bafoonery is still her bafoonery.

Now she fundraises like a superstar.
Of course! The whole 'Squad' has directly benefitted from the right's focus and obsessions. No argument. However ...

Something in your personal that forces you guys to get worked up perpetually and Hannity/Limbaugh play you like a fiddle.
Huh? Limbaugh is the right's biggest hypocrite, and Hannity has more proved he can be an irresponsible a-hole -- Fox News' and the right's direct equivalent to MSNBC's and the left's Maddow.

Did you confuse me for a Republican and Trump supporter again? Oh, that's right, you literally just like to 'label' everyone.

• Dislike
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT