ADVERTISEMENT

Bortles officially done in Jville

All three NFL teams in Florida will have a different starting QB in 2019.
Winston can still be a franchise QB, the Bucs may regret giving up on him if they decide to. Especially when this year's QB draft class looks weak, I don't think that Oregon or Duke QBs are going to do much in the NFL

This season after the 1st three games was sad to watch. Bortles was second guessing how to throw the ball and when to run. Jacksonville screwed up with their decision NOT to add quality WRs last off season.

Bortles will be in Denver, Oakland, Tampa, Buffalo, the Giants or some other bad team next year. He has talent, but needs weapons around him.

I hated that he ever went to that crap hole of a team. The team looks like the city. A massive nothing filled with stupidity and garbage.
Ease off with the insults towards my city. You obviously haven't spent much time there.

Reactions: thespiritof1976
Over /under on how soon until Kessler gets hurt with the jags offensive line (O-Line)

I say 2 games.

Blake Bortles in Tampa would be nice. All those weapons. Two good tight ends. Four good receivers. A good OL. Only thing missing is a QB that is NOT a knuckle head.

As a Giants fan, I would be happy to have BB. Giants rehabbed Kerry Collins into a pretty good QB and could do the same for BB.

As a Giants fan, I really hope this doesn’t happen. Been watching Eli be up near the league lead in interceptions for far too long and I really hope they go for some young, exciting, and with big potential.

Certain areas of Jacksonville obviously have bad reputations and for good reason. However, the city is humongous and has some very nice areas distributed throughout it.
Here's the thing. I just watched an episode of this documentary called The Good Place.
They travel to Jacksonville where they land at Randy "Macho Man" International Airport. The guy from Jacksonville tells how his dad got arrested for selling counterfeit truck nutz and inventing a game that is a mixture of dodgeball and horseshoes. By the end of the episode his dad distracts the police, by yelling "Bortles" and running away, while his son escapes arrest for stealing from a Redbull warehouse.

Here's the thing. I just watched an episode of this documentary called The Good Place.
They travel to Jacksonville where they land at Randy "Macho Man" International Airport. The guy from Jacksonville tells how his dad got arrested for selling counterfeit truck nutz and inventing a game that is a mixture of dodgeball and horseshoes. By the end of the episode his dad distracts the police, by yelling "Bortles" and running away, while his son escapes arrest for stealing from a Redbull warehouse.

First time I ever went to Jacksonville, I did notice how different it was from Central Florida, the beaches, space coast, even the Tampa area. It had a weird kind of smell. It really isn't Florida in some ways. Nothing wrong with that but it was as culturally different from most of Florida as South Florida is.

EDIT: When they had the Superbowl in Jacksonville (Paul McCartney with the best Super Bowl Halftime performance ever, IMO - and it isn't even close), Jim Rome was on location there. He started off his show by saying he wasn't going to complain about how boring the town is. Then went on a big rant about how boring the town is. Though he might have been right, he is still a little douchebag.

I always thought Tampa sucked as a town. Of course, when you cross the Bay it's pretty nice but Tampa proper is pretty slimy.

"Tampa's a seedy town, man."

-Dexter Manley, on explaining his relapse back into Cocaine.

Having lived in both the Jax area and Tampa, I can tell you that Tampa is better in nearly every way.

As a Giants fan, I would be happy to have BB. Giants rehabbed Kerry Collins into a pretty good QB and could do the same for BB.
The NY fans would have a field day with Blake. If he's lucky, he finds a team where he could fit in as a backup and enjoy watching a winning team from the sidelines. His passing motion is majorly messed up these days and he needs to return to his original delivery. His current passing motion might work for touch football.

I could see him in Arizona, Seattle, Houston, Detroit or Cincinnati as a back up if he gets cut.

The NY fans would have a field day with Blake. If he's lucky, he finds a team where he could fit in as a backup and enjoy watching a winning team from the sidelines. His passing motion is majorly messed up these days and he needs to return to his original delivery. His current passing motion might work for touch football.

Washington Redskins. Jay Gruden and Blake Bortles would make for a nice match. If anyone can fix BB, Jay is the man. Unlike his blowhard little shrimp of a brother, Jay brings out the best in players and actually knows how to coach.

sorry Duval Knights but Jacksonville is one of the worst cities for a Pro Athlete to play/live in the Country
When referring to NFL cities or all pro cities? I'd pick Jacksonville over Green Bay, San Antonio, Buffalo, and I'm sure a few others if I was a pro athlete.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT