ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Wimbush isn’t going to start.

It would be concerning if Mack wasn’t the starter at this point since DG and Wimbush don’t have much time in the system. We will see if things change by the fall.

beyond the QBs........we are loaded, the clown car is full

Gabe is gonna have a breakout year. KZ said he is a man amongst boys. J. Harris caught 2 TDs but had a few easy misses. Lewis was the surprise of the day at WR, didn't even know who he was. Marlon had a few jet sweeps and at least one nice catch. Alex Harris had a solid day as well. We are loaded at RB Coles and Thompson had the most carries and both looked great today. Tre didn't have any catches that I recall but I chatted with him after the game and he clearly has aspirations to play on Sundays......hopefully that show in his game...

Defense was pretty vanilla but still got pressure......after the first drive of the game the first string looked solid. Goode and Bryant had some sacks. Goode hopes to play this year. I got the sense he will. I talked to some other the players and they were pretty pumped about the Ds effort and performance......

Last edited:
If no qb separated themselves then that helps the DG bandwagon. He just got there. Wait til he’s had all the fall practices

I got some good shots of the fanfest after the game down on the field but not so easy to post
TxdmAX.jpg

I'm out of town so I pieced together coverage.

I heard Kalia Davis mentioned a few times as having made big plays on D. I think I remember his speed being mentioned twice.

Was there too as always. Gabriel is the future. And the present. Hands down the most poise and confidence and upside skill. He just looks and swaggers like a winner. Great touch. And he has that subtle Milton thickness even though not big size. Agree with the poster that said he looks ahead of Milton as a true fresh. UCF has three QBs that could play for Notre Dame. And Wimbush ain’t one of them. Mack was uneven and mediocre at best. Mack and Wimbush both seem like they play a second behind the developing play. I have Gabriel starting and QJ off the bench. And Milton on crutches next. No one else is close. IMHO.

Yeah. First post. But I’ve been here almost forever muttering under my breath. Be gentle.
Your making these assumptions off a staged gloried practice.

I trust the coaches, they know what goes on with the players and in the film study. The coaches will do what’s best for the team short and long term.

I think DG could be the future. But guess what, we may land an even more talented QB than he in a year or two. I’m not anointing any QB that hasn’t proven it on the field. If and when DG gets his shot on the field and he commands the play book, makes plays while not hurting the team and wins the locker room only then when will i say he’s the next Milton.

I understand that Mack hasn’t won the job either so this off-season will be huge for QB’s. I just want to win games at the end of day so let the best man win.

Your making these assumptions off a staged gloried practice.

I trust the coaches, they know what goes on with the players and in the film study. The coaches will do what’s best for the team short and long term.

I think DG could be the future. But guess what, we may land an even more talented QB than he in a year or two. I’m not anointing any QB that hasn’t proven it on the field. If and when DG gets his shot on the field and he commands the play book, makes plays while not hurting the team and wins the locker room only then when will i say he’s the next Milton.

I understand that Mack hasn’t won the job either so this off-season will be huge for QB’s. I just want to win games at the end of day so let the best man win.
As far as Wimbush, when a player with 3 years experience is inaccurate and he’s once again “inaccurate” in a “staged glorified practice,” one had to wonder. Shouldn’t he have been more accurate??

As far as DG, he looked very promising. Nothing more, nothing less.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
The easiest and most accurate way to tell if a player is black or white is to actually watch a game, watch highlights and read articles. :joy:
White Hawaiian Milton throws a nice 75 yard TD to black Marlon Williams. I think someone would get fired.

Gabriel looked the best and had better fieldsmanship of them all. Why not start him game one.
He’s probably not going to be ready to beat Stanford AND Pittsburgh

Your boy GOL was there. Someone should ask him.

Lewis was the surprise of the day at WR, didn't even know who he was.

Isn’t he the son of Ray Lewis and he joined as a PWO last year? If I remember correctly, his size is what prevented him from getting looks for D1 offers.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Isn’t he the son of Ray Lewis and he joined as a PWO last year? If I remember correctly, his size is what prevented him from getting looks for D1 offers.

You are probably right, just hadn't heard too much about him

Did anyone else see gronk-like resemblance? He looks like he is a grown man playing next to kids

I think the only knock on him is his hands...caught 2 tds but missed a few easy catches

not everyone here has twitter or FB
Most older people have Facebook and most younger have Twitter. There are other options as well. Those are the 2 easiest. If you really wanted to post pics you would create a Twitter account.

Here is Ray Lewis’ Son TD. I thought he was going to play defense. His brother plays both ways at Maryland. Anyone know how Randy Shannon’s son looked?

Reactions: Lurky
You are probably right, just hadn't heard too much about him

Just looked him up......last year in limited action he redshirted and he was a DB......

Its weird to me that the main complaint on Wimbush is that he holds it too long. That never really seemed to be a problem with ND. He has accuracy issues and issues missing open receivers, but when he threw it being late wasn't really a problem I thought of. I wonder how much of that is still being unfamiliar with his receivers and not fully confident in his understanding of the playbook. If that is the case, a summer of workouts with his receivers, more time to study the playbook, and full contact where he can take off instead of holding the ball could all help him improve.

Reactions: ahabmw
Its weird to me that the main complaint on Wimbush is that he holds it too long. That never really seemed to be a problem with ND. He has accuracy issues and issues missing open receivers, but when he threw it being late wasn't really a problem I thought of. I wonder how much of that is still being unfamiliar with his receivers and not fully confident in his understanding of the playbook. If that is the case, a summer of workouts with his receivers, more time to study the playbook, and full contact where he can take off instead of holding the ball could all help him improve.
Post was sort of a knee-jerk response by myself, but I’m still betting on Mack

100% agree. Wimbush simply isn’t going to throw it as quickly if he’s not yet comfortable to do so.

Accuracy has a lot to do with footwork. They are working on that. Hopefully that can improve, but after 3 years......

Then again, that may have something to do with his familiarity with the offense and receivers as well.

I just want to win games. Dillon Gabriel is our future, but I really don’t care who starts as long as we have the best chance to win as many as possible

Reactions: Blackheart1
Not accurate at all! He can run like an SOB tho. Mack starts this year.

DG looked great I thought for 15 days total practice time.

Very disappointed with Wimbush.
Wimbush just didn’t look special. No wow factor except for maybe 1-2 runs. We shall see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT