ADVERTISEMENT

Case denied

Exactly. It doesn't seem to matter how many times these systems have been painstakingly explained, there are people who deliberately choose not to listen.
The whole point of electronic balloting is to reduce the risk of mistakes or fraud. I'm cool with that, but as is evidenced by the video I shared it hasn't improved that possibility at all. IMO, this election isn't the issue, its that this election might have set the groundwork for fraudulent elections in the future if we don't take the threat seriously

I dont understand the point of this. Electors have to be appointed by the state legislatures, which has already happened. There must be a strategy here, but I don't get it. Can a state rescind their electors after the fact and place others?

OK so found some context here. There is a strategic purpose to these R electors voting today per precedent.

When Nixon lost to Kennedy in 1960, Hawaii actually flipped via recount that happened after the electoral college vote. But some smart thinker got the Republican electors to meet on the correct day and cast votes. Thus the Governor of Hawaii re-certified who the new winner was. Thus Nixon (as VP at the time) actually opened both competing slates of electors, both approved by the Governor.

It wouldn't have affected the outcome and Nixon counted the earlier decided Democratic slate and there were no objections. But had those republican electors failed to meet on the correct day and vote, the governor would have had no alternative slate to certify and send in.

So this effort reserves the ability for the state to re-certify a different set of electors prior to Jan 6th consistent with that Hawaii precedent.

Again - all super longshot stuff - and right-wing media is framing this incorrectly. These electors are meaningless as of today - but they are a legal placeholder in the event the state decided to take action and certify them prior to Jan 6th.

The more concerning report is what is coming out of Antrim County, MI.

An independent security firm (run by a former Republican candidate for something or other) concluded "The Dominion Voting System is intentionally and purposefully designed with inherent errors to create systemic fraud and influence election results.” -
Of course state officials have disagreed, but there are concerns here. Given the system is such that Biden will be President, there's no rush anymore. Let's take all the time that we need to figure out conclusively if there was fraud or not and to assess and correct any issues with the systems and technology in place.
You are smarter than this. This expert also said that Michigan had more votes than voters. Because his data was for Minnesota.

there are concerns. Amongst people who only have a surface level understanding.

You are smarter than this. This expert also said that Michigan had more votes than voters. Because his data was for Minnesota.

there are concerns. Amongst people who only have a surface level understanding.
Yes but aren’t we being told that the Union is lost when people don’t have faith in our elections? That’s not just smart people or political people, that’s all people.
I’ve done enough cyber security in my career that it’s obvious that our election systems have glaring holes in them. I don’t care how we get to the conversation, that’s a conversation that needs to be held.

Yes but aren’t we being told that the Union is lost when people don’t have faith in our elections? That’s not just smart people or political people, that’s all people.
I’ve done enough cyber security in my career that it’s obvious that our election systems have glaring holes in them. I don’t care how we get to the conversation, that’s a conversation that needs to be held.
I mean sure. It sucks that Trump is undermining the election and causing people not to have faith in the election, but him repeating a claim of widespread fraud 10 thousand times doesn’t make it so any more than him claiming Ted Cruz’s father killed JFK, Obama is not American, or vaccines cause autism makes those things true. It’s cool that you have “done enough cyber security” to think you know something, but eliminating these questions with software was the reason we increased our paper ballot percentage from 82% in 2016 to 95% in 2020. This was part of a massive effort to close potential fraud loopholes. For every instance of Hugo Chavez “flipping” hundreds of thousands of votes to Biden, we have actual physical ballots that beg to differ.

I mean sure. It sucks that Trump is undermining the election and causing people not to have faith in the election, but him repeating a claim of widespread fraud 10 thousand times doesn’t make it so any more than him claiming Ted Cruz’s father killed JFK, Obama is not American, or vaccines cause autism makes those things true. It’s cool that you have “done enough cyber security” to think you know something, but eliminating these questions with software was the reason we increased our paper ballot percentage from 82% in 2016 to 95% in 2020. This was part of a massive effort to close potential fraud loopholes. For every instance of Hugo Chavez “flipping” hundreds of thousands of votes to Biden, we have actual physical ballots that beg to differ.

Lol at thinking facts will change these cult member's minds.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
OK so found some context here. There is a strategic purpose to these R electors voting today per precedent.

When Nixon lost to Kennedy in 1960, Hawaii actually flipped via recount that happened after the electoral college vote. But some smart thinker got the Republican electors to meet on the correct day and cast votes. Thus the Governor of Hawaii re-certified who the new winner was. Thus Nixon (as VP at the time) actually opened both competing slates of electors, both approved by the Governor.

It wouldn't have affected the outcome and Nixon counted the earlier decided Democratic slate and there were no objections. But had those republican electors failed to meet on the correct day and vote, the governor would have had no alternative slate to certify and send in.

So this effort reserves the ability for the state to re-certify a different set of electors prior to Jan 6th consistent with that Hawaii precedent.

Again - all super longshot stuff - and right-wing media is framing this incorrectly. These electors are meaningless as of today - but they are a legal placeholder in the event the state decided to take action and certify them prior to Jan 6th.
So you're saying there's a chance. Trump2020!

I’ve done enough cyber security in my career that it’s obvious that our election systems have glaring holes in them.
As President-Elect said tonight in his address to the nation, Trump's own head of cyber security declared this year's election The Most Secure in American History.

So pardon me if I'm not particularly moved by your 'cyber security' career experiences.

I’m glad that you’re perfectly secure in thinking that having paper ballots secure elections, but they do not. The mail-in ballots had very little security to them and the systems, whether manual or computer, were fraught with issues. We’re any of them exploited? Most likely. How many? Who knows. But you gaslight people asking reasonable questions. Just remember, the shoe will be on the other foot at some point.

you gaslight people asking reasonable questions.
Reasonable questions? LMAO. Nice try. You pretend to sound reasonable but you're as much of a partisan chud as our Trumpster wacko pack.

If there were indeed 'reasonable' questions, where did the court decisions in the dozens of lawsuits filed on behalf of Trump reflect those concerns?

Reasonable questions? LMAO. Nice try. You pretend to sound reasonable but you're as much of a partisan chud as our Trumpster wacko pack.

If there were indeed 'reasonable' questions, where did the court decisions in the dozens of lawsuits filed on behalf of Trump reflect those concerns?
There have been tons of reasonable questions asked about this election. Some have had reasonable answers, but some have been ignored. In the end it isnt going to change who the president is on January 21st, but thats not a reason to not ask valid questions.

Reactions: KNIGHTTIME^
There have been tons of reasonable questions asked about this election. Some have had reasonable answers, but some have been ignored. In the end it isnt going to change who the president is on January 21st, but thats not a reason to not ask valid questions.
Let's not play games here. Following the election, the 'tons of reasonable, valid questions' were asked with the sole motivation of delegitimizing the election and keeping Trump in office

Let's not play games here. Following the election, the 'tons of reasonable, valid questions' were asked with the sole motivation of delegitimizing the election and keeping Trump in office
Meh. There have been tons of questions that regardless of outcome were pretty objective. Of course there is an element of wanting Trump to win but that doesn't invalidate every question that comes up.

Meh. There have been tons of questions that regardless of outcome were pretty objective. Of course there is an element of wanting Trump to win but that doesn't invalidate every question that comes up.
Name one good reasonable question

Name one good reasonable question
Did the drop boxes in PA break the 14th amendment? Some people only had to travel 2 blocks to find one, others had to travel 200 miles. Is that equal protection? It was based on population density but doesn't it show preference to metro areas?

I’m glad that you’re perfectly secure in thinking that having paper ballots secure elections, but they do not. The mail-in ballots had very little security to them and the systems, whether manual or computer, were fraught with issues. We’re any of them exploited? Most likely. How many? Who knows. But you gaslight people asking reasonable questions. Just remember, the shoe will be on the other foot at some point.
The Republican that Trump hand picked to oversee these things said it was the most secure election in American history. Are there instances of fraud that make up a tiny fraction of the votes? Maybe. But there is no meaningful amount of fraud that could swing an election. Every county operates independently when running their elections and utilizes non partisan poll workers overseen by poll watchers who count paper ballots. There is a paper trail. That’s why allegations of running ballots multiple times or software flipping votes only make sense to people incapable of rational thought. After a while you are just grasping at straws here. Fraud is a pretty big claim. And thus far even Trumps attorneys won’t argue fraud took place in an actual court. They just plant seeds in the court of public opinion. And congrats, you ate it up. I mean the latest theory is that Hillary was “flipping” votes in 2016 to beat Bernie Sanders in the primary, but forgot to flip votes in the general election to win it. Or that they flipped votes to Biden this year but couldn’t spare a few more votes to flip the senate.

Did the drop boxes in PA break the 14th amendment? Some people only had to travel 2 blocks to find one, others had to travel 200 miles. Is that equal protection? It was based on population density but doesn't it show preference to metro areas?
I don’t think you understand equal protection. Counties operate independent of one another. A county choosing to make it easier to vote doesn’t violate a law because another county chose not to. It’s the same thing with the curing process which was allowed in some counties. Some counties allowed ballot curing and some did not. It’s not an equal protection case where you would discard legally cast votes that were cured. The “remedy” in that case would be to allow curing in the other counties. Or level up. You don’t level down and throw everyone’s vote out.

Reactions: UCFCray
The Republican that Trump hand picked to oversee these things said it was the most secure election in American history. Are there instances of fraud that make up a tiny fraction of the votes? Maybe. But there is no meaningful amount of fraud that could swing an election. Every county operates independently when running their elections and utilizes non partisan poll workers overseen by poll watchers who count paper ballots. There is a paper trail. That’s why allegations of running ballots multiple times or software flipping votes only make sense to people incapable of rational thought. After a while you are just grasping at straws here. Fraud is a pretty big claim. And thus far even Trumps attorneys won’t argue fraud took place in an actual court. They just plant seeds in the court of public opinion. And congrats, you ate it up. I mean the latest theory is that Hillary was “flipping” votes in 2016 to beat Bernie Sanders in the primary, but forgot to flip votes in the general election to win it. Or that they flipped votes to Biden this year but couldn’t spare a few more votes to flip the senate.
There's no doubt that there are enough paper ballots to show that Biden won. That's kind of where the challenges went awry. There is no doubt that the possibility exists that there were hundreds of thousands of fraudulent ballots submitted but there is no way to prove it, so just move on and do what you can to make sure it isn't a possibility in the future

I don’t think you understand equal protection. Counties operate independent of one another. A county choosing to make it easier to vote doesn’t violate a law because another county chose not to. It’s the same thing with the curing process which was allowed in some counties. Some counties allowed ballot curing and some did not. It’s not an equal protection case where you would discard legally cast votes that were cured. The “remedy” in that case would be to allow curing in the other counties. Or level up. You don’t level down and throw everyone’s vote out.
I'm not arguing one way or another on this, its just a question of what equal protection means. Clearly some places necessitate different methods than others realistically, but by the definition of the law we are getting into some gray area. At what point does practicality supercede equality?

I'm not arguing one way or another on this, its just a question of what equal protection means. Clearly some places necessitate different methods than others realistically, but by the definition of the law we are getting into some gray area. At what point does practicality supercede equality?
The judge threw that equal protection suit out. Counties have discretion on running their elections. Allowing a cure process is not an equal protection violation. The measures put in place were meant to franchise not disenfranchise voters. The process had been on the books for many years but was only objected to after Trump lost. Etc, etc. There’s no meat on the bones of this one.

There's no doubt that there are enough paper ballots to show that Biden won. That's kind of where the challenges went awry. There is no doubt that the possibility exists that there were hundreds of thousands of fraudulent ballots submitted but there is no way to prove it, so just move on and do what you can to make sure it isn't a possibility in the future
Its a federal crime punishable by prison time to commit election fraud. Meanwhile there are videos and poll watchers in place. The logistics of actually pulling off a fraud operation of this scale and recruiting people willing to do jail time if caught (likely) all across the country are incredibly far fetched. I mean you will always get the one offs like the guy who tried to vote for his dead parent in PA. But these things are detectable and the penalties too high for there to be systematic fraud.

The judge threw that equal protection suit out. Counties have discretion on running their elections. Allowing a cure process is not an equal protection violation. The measures put in place were meant to franchise not disenfranchise voters. The process had been on the books for many years but was only objected to after Trump lost. Etc, etc. There’s no meat on the bones of this one.
Trump has nothing to do with what I'm saying. Equal protection is pretty subjective, but at what point is it obvious that equal isn't really equal? How is it even determined?

Its really just an intellectual exercise at this point but probably one worth considering.

Trump has nothing to do with what I'm saying. Equal protection is pretty subjective, but at what point is it obvious that equal isn't really equal? How is it even determined?

Its really just an intellectual exercise at this point but probably one worth considering.
Equal protection is in place to prevent discrimination and protect your rights against such discrimination. Someone being able to fix an error on a legally cast vote or having a closer drop off location doesn’t materially impact your right to vote.

Equal protection is in place to prevent discrimination and protect your rights against such discrimination. Someone being able to fix an error on a legally cast vote or having a closer drop off location doesn’t materially impact your right to vote.
I could just as easily argue that obtaining a photo ID doesn't materially impact your right to vote, or showing up in person doesn't materially impact your right to vote. Where is the line drawn?

Actually pretty easy for a mailman to dump ballots in an area with a lot of Republicans. Nobody would know.
For your corrupt mailmen theory to work, it requires:
A) the notion that a person is willing to lose his job by throwing away mail-in ballots, translating to a couple hundred ballots at the most; and
B) guessing who the Trump mail-in voters were. FYI, Democrats voted by mail in significantly higher numbers than Republicans, regardless of county.

Reactions: hemightbejeremy
For your corrupt mailmen theory to work, it requires:
A) the notion that a person is willing to lose his job by throwing away mail-in ballots, translating to a couple hundred ballots at the most; and
B) guessing who the Trump mail-in voters were. FYI, Democrats voted by mail in significantly higher numbers than Republicans, regardless of county.
There was actually a mailman who threw mail in ballots out in 2020. I think he was just lazy and was throwing all the mail out, but it occurred in a deep blue area of New Jersey. He was caught. It was in the news.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
A few hundred? You can have one condo complex with 1,000 or more easy. That is just one stop. That is just one example that isn't traceable.
Stop and think for a minute about the nonsense of it all.

You risk your job and being charged with a serious crime for what? What the hell are you accomplishing by throwing away ballots??!? You'd have no clue whether you were helping for hurting your candidate of choice.

A few hundred? You can have one condo complex with 1,000 or more easy. That is just one stop. That is just one example that isn't traceable.
Well it would be traceable...easily in fact...if thousands weren’t receiving their mail in ballots in the mail...you don’t think they would suspect the mailman? [roll]

Well it would be traceable...easily in fact...if thousands weren’t receiving their mail in ballots in the mail...you don’t think they would suspect the mailman?
Keep in mind, you're discussing this with a poster who thinks a corrupt mailman can throw away enough ballots to sway a Presidential election.

Stop and think for a minute about the nonsense of it all.

You risk your job and being charged with a serious crime for what? What the hell are you accomplishing by throwing away ballots??!? You'd have no clue whether you were helping for hurting your candidate of choice.

LMAO

Are you honestly asking someone who so mentally retarded they are supporting trump in Dec of 2020, to "stop and think"

ahahahahaha my sides. I can't breathe. The amount of free comedy on this board is amazing.

That case was stupid because it was backwards.

Voters in counties where it was harder to vote needed to sue their own counties to require their process be as easy as other places. You don't get to sue the "easier" counties to throw out those votes because it was harder for you. That's not how it works.

This would be like if a county didn't allow a girl to play on the boys soccer team, when other counties do. Instead of suing her county to play, she sues all the other counties to get them to stop letting girls play. It's was completely backwards.

Reactions: hemightbejeremy
What wouldn't be traceable in jurisdictions where they do not perform signature verification is ballot swapping (or even if they do since signatures are easy to duplicate and judges have thrown out signature verification in some jurisdictions anyways). Which can happen at any point along the way. You mail off your ballot and then you might be able to check if it was received and recorded. But you can't see what votes were actually recorded for you. So a man-in-the-middle attack can modify that ballot and no one would know. And there are so many opportunities to do so, even if you're not talking about ballot harvesting.

The problem is that the only way currently to verify the above is to canvas every household that mailed-in and verify the vote that was recorded was actually the vote that they intended to file. That remedy was denied by nearly every judge along the way. What we end up with in real life is that there is no way in current law to detect and remedy a competent man-in-the-middle attack in a Presidential election because of the tight timeframes enacted.

It doesn't help that there have been videos of Democrats around the country admitting to doing exactly what was described and they are neither investigated nor are they carried by the MSM. This kind of sweeping-under-the-carpet causes people to have distrust in a system that is obviously flawed.

I'm fine with reasonable questions. But there's a time and place for that. What's happening now is not reasonable questions on election security - it's an attempted coup. And rationalizing the "reasonable questions" as justification for what's happening is the real gaslighting.

Imagine presenting to you a scenario where Hillary Clinton is screaming fraud - she's 1-60 in court cases. SCOTUS has twice knocked down cases. Democrat officials - who publicly supported her - our now receiving death threats because they refuse to subvert their own election to her benefit - The Electoral College has voted - No (credible) findings of fraud have been validated/discovered by any neutral parties - Her just pardoned former National Security Advisor is advocating for Martial Law - She is retweeting calls to jail members of her own party because they won't go along with the coup attempt. Her hyper-loyal AG wont' even go along, releasing a public statement that no evidence of mass fraud exits.

And then after all that being like - "Yea BUT there are legitimate concerns with our electoral process, and it's totally gaslighting if you don't see that."

Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees.

What wouldn't be traceable in jurisdictions where they do not perform signature verification is ballot swapping (or even if they do since signatures are easy to duplicate and judges have thrown out signature verification in some jurisdictions anyways). Which can happen at any point along the way. You mail off your ballot and then you might be able to check if it was received and recorded. But you can't see what votes were actually recorded for you. So a man-in-the-middle attack can modify that ballot and no one would know. And there are so many opportunities to do so, even if you're not talking about ballot harvesting.

The problem is that the only way currently to verify the above is to canvas every household that mailed-in and verify the vote that was recorded was actually the vote that they intended to file. That remedy was denied by nearly every judge along the way. What we end up with in real life is that there is no way in current law to detect and remedy a competent man-in-the-middle attack in a Presidential election because of the tight timeframes enacted.

It doesn't help that there have been videos of Democrats around the country admitting to doing exactly what was described and they are neither investigated nor are they carried by the MSM. This kind of sweeping-under-the-carpet causes people to have distrust in a system that is obviously flawed.

That remedy is impossible. Ballots are secret. There's no way to match ballots to voters. And the type of system that *could* do that is precisely the type of system that would be far easier to manipulate and rig.

You could survey an entire precinct and match totals, but good luck with that. You will not have a 100% response rate, there's going to be some kind of non-response bias you have to sort through, and there's a known recall-bias that tends to favor the winner in elections.

Plus you could make precisely the same argument for in person voting - that a "man in the middle" attack swaps out ballots after they are turned in but before they are counted.

None of this is new. The difference is Trump lost and he's rather burn everything to the ground than admit it.

This seems like a normal thing for President who's not attempting a coup to retweet about members of his own party who have publicly supported him...

Retiring Republican Congressman leaving the party. Finishing his term an independent.

He notes that he's voted in line with Trump 95% of the time, and voted for him in 2020. The whole thing is worth is read but this part sums up how I think we should all feel regardless of political leanings...

It is unacceptable for political candidates to treat our election system as though we are a third-world nation and incite distrust of something so basic as the sanctity of our vote. Further, it is unacceptable for the president to attack the Supreme Court of the United States because it's judges, both liberal and conservative, did not rule with his side or that "the Court failed him." It was our Founding Father's objection t insulate the Supreme Court from such blatant political motivations.​

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT