ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson v ACC

Pittsburgh, Louisville, Miami and one of Virginia Tech, Duke or Georgia Tech to the Big 12. Calling it now
NC State Pitt Louisville should be locks. I like Ga Tech for the 4th…I think Miami is Big10 bound. They are a perfect fit (other than alumni/fanbase) in that overrated conference by having the hype but no bite. Overrated U in overrated Big10.

Do not sign any contract for that long. I don’t know why the ACC schools thought that was a good idea. 6 to 8 years max.
At the time of the signing, the move was applauded.

Goes to show you don't always know what you think you know.

ACC needs to hold their feet to the fire and take 'em to the highest court.

Reactions: Martigo123
Welcome to 2024 corporatism.

Hopefully adding the new 4 and a few more ACC teams will lead us to being the 3rd best P4/3 conference. Very well represented.
Compared to every conference not named SEC/Big 10 its a very solid conference. However, there is still not a single program at the same level as some of the ones in the big 2. The way things are shaping up, I would expect ESPN/FOX trying to figure out how they remove/replace programs like Vanderbilt from the football side of things to solidify two premier conferences that can play for a national championship without polls.

There has to be an end game to all of this.

I think Miami is Big10 bound. They are a perfect fit (other than alumni/fanbase) in that overrated conference by having the hype but no bite. Overrated U in overrated Big10.
Miami is BigTen bound? Maybe in their fans' dreams.

The B1G is overrated? Really? Michigan is the reigning National Champion and FIVE Big Ten teams are ranked ahead of the Big XII's highest ranked team going into 2024, Okie State.

I think the Big XII has a good thing going -- especially once UCF kicks its game into high gear. But bashing the Big Ten is silly and smacks of jealousy.

Miami is BigTen bound? Maybe in their fans' dreams.

The B1G is overrated? Really? Michigan is the reigning National Champion and FIVE Big Ten teams are ranked ahead of the Big XII's highest ranked team going into 2024, Okie State.

I think the Big XII has a good thing going -- especially once UCF kicks its game into high gear. But bashing the Big Ten is silly and smacks of jealousy.
You are such a clown. Miami is an AAU school, the biggest brand in this state and has the 16th largest TV market in the country. Miami and FSU will end up in the Big 10.

The big 12 is a trash football conference and that’s where the interest and money are at…in football. There are zero national football brands in the Big 12 and that’s not about to change. Making 1/3 of what the P2 are making.

There’s no more P5 or P4…there’s a P2 and everyone else and that’s is as of RIGHT now.

NC State Pitt Louisville should be locks. I like Ga Tech for the 4th…I think Miami is Big10 bound. They are a perfect fit (other than alumni/fanbase) in that overrated conference by having the hype but no bite. Overrated U in overrated Big10.
I think Miami’s destination depends on what happens with Florida State. If the SEC lands FSU, the Big Ten would invite Miami because they want a presence in Florida. However, if the Big Ten snags the Noles, the SEC will *not* take the Cane, which would open the door for the Big 12.

I think Miami’s destination depends on what happens with Florida State. If the SEC lands FSU, the Big Ten would invite Miami because they want a presence in Florida. However, if the Big Ten snags the Noles, the SEC will *not* take the Cane, which would open the door for the Big 12.
Miami will go with FSU…wherever that is. FSU is in Tallahassee, the northern part of the state. Miami is in a totally different geographic/demographic area. Also, is one of the top rivalries in the country.

The Big 10 literally took USC and UCLA together. The Big 12 is now what G5 was to the P5 a couple of years ago. Yes, the conference is much better place that the AAC and similar but there’s no money there to compete.

The money gap between the P2 and the Big 12 is large and is getting exponentially larger. It’s also a conference that has zero football brands with a national appeal. None and that’s not going to change.

Last edited:
You are such a clown. Miami is an AAU school, the biggest brand in this state and has the 16th largest TV market in the country. Miami and FSU will end up in the Big 10.
Cracking Up Lol GIF

Miami will go with FSU…wherever that is. FSU is in Tallahassee, the northern part of the state. Miami is in a totally different demographic area. Also, is one of the top rivalries in the country.

The Big 10 literally took USC and UCLA together. The Big 12 is what G5 was to the P5 a couple of years ago. Yes, the conference is much better place that the AAC and similar but there’s no money there to compete.

The money gap between the P2 and the Big 12 is large and is getting exponentially larger. It’s also a conference that has zero football brands with a national appeal. None and that’s not going to change.
Here’s the way I see it: Miami joining the Big Ten makes sense for a lot of reasons (brand value, AAU status, major market). If the B1G wants to be in Florida and the Noles join the SEC, the Canes would be a great candidate.

However, I don’t believe the SEC shares the same feelings because of Miami’s small enrollment/alum base. Look at the institutional makeup of the SEC; it’s almost entirely large public universities with the exception of Vanderbilt. They don’t seem to be as concerned with markets since they consider Florida to be covered with UF. That’s what makes this situation different from UCLA and USC, which opened up the west coast for the Big Ten.

From what I’ve read, they’re willing to make an exception for FSU (similar to Texas with Texas A&M), but they wouldn’t with Miami. Heck, I’m not sure they even invite Clemson because I don’t see the Big Ten having interest in them.

With that being said, I say Miami joins the Big 12 if they can’t get into the Big Ten because that’d likely be the best option for all ACC teams (like us) if our conference falls apart.

Last edited:
There’s something you fans need to understand. Any school left out of the P2 (other than Notre Dame) is done for…whether it’s Miami or anyone else.

The Big12 is fine for casuals but that’s not a viable football conference moving forward. 1/3 of the money that the P2 schools will get makes any team in the Big 12 the equivalent of what a G5 program was to a P5 program a couple of years ago.

Schools in the Big 12 won’t be able to compete financially. NIL collectives will be replaced (in part or completely) with schools paying the players directly and the P2 will have multiple times the money to pay kids. Top recruits will look to join the P2…anything outside the P2 will not be an option.

For the Pitt fan…there’s zero chance your school will got to either the Big 10 of the SEC. The reality is that Pitt would be lucky to get a Big 12 invite…small market, small fanbase, small recruiting base, a very small number of big money boosters and poor facilities.

The fact is that the P2 will expand in the next couple of years. Those moves are very strategic and they are not about to announce their intentions to anyone.

This is the reality.

1. P2 expansion in the next 1-3 years.

2. There are zero teams in the Big 12 that have a chance to go to the P2.

3. ND could go to either the either the SEC or the Big 10 but it has a huge TV contract with NBC and will stay independent.

4. P2 expansion will come at the expense of the imploding ACC.

5. Team like Pitt, Wake, VT, Syracuse Georgia Tech, SMU, Stanford and California have no chance to go P2. They could try to get a Big 12 invite (best case scenario). They could stay in a “G5” ACC that will add other members. They could also join a much lesser conference like the AAC.

That’s the reality of the situation. Now go hold hands and tell each other comforting lies…it won’t change what’s coming.

There’s something you fans need to understand. Any school left out of the P2 (other than Notre Dame) is done for…whether it’s Miami or anyone else.

The Big12 is fine for casuals but that’s not a viable football conference moving forward. 1/3 of the money that the P2 schools will get makes any team in the Big 12 the equivalent of what a G5 program was to a P5 program a couple of years ago.

Schools in the Big 12 won’t be able to compete financially. NIL collectives will be replaced (in part or completely) with schools paying the players directly and the P2 will have multiple times the money to pay kids. Top recruits will look to join the P2…anything outside the P2 will not be an option.

For the Pitt fan…there’s zero chance your school will got to either the Big 10 of the SEC. The reality is that Pitt would be lucky to get a Big 12 invite…small market, small fanbase, small recruiting base, a very small number of big money boosters and poor facilities.

The fact is that the P2 will expand in the next couple of years. Those moves are very strategic and they are not about to announce their intentions to anyone.

This is the reality.

3. ND could go to either the either the SEC or the Big 10 but it has a huge TV contract with NBC and will stay independent.

5. Team like Pitt, Wake, VT, Syracuse Georgia Tech, SMU, Stanford and California have no chance to go P2. They could try to get a Big 12 invite (best case scenario). They could stay in a “G5” ACC that will add other members. They could also join a much lesser conference like the AAC.

That’s the reality of the situation. Now go hold hands and tell each other comforting lies…it won’t change what’s coming.
You’re explaining this as if none of us here understands the situation. Of course Pitt isn’t getting into the Big Ten or SEC, and of course the ACC is imploding. I just don’t think Miami’s destination is as clear-cut as you’re making it out to be.

FSU and North Carolina will be the straws that stir the drink when it comes to the next phase of realignment, and no one is attached to the hip to another school. Everyone else- Clemson, Miami, and the Virginia schools- will know where they’re headed once they make their decisions.

You’re explaining this as if none of us here understands the situation. Of course Pitt isn’t getting into the Big Ten or SEC, and of course the ACC is imploding. I just don’t think Miami’s destination is as clear-cut as you’re making it out to be.
Bingo! The only school who is a lead-pipe certainty is Notre Dame to the B1G. As far as invite odds go, I would guess the next-in-line is Clemson going to the SEC.

After that, its all pure speculation. I believe both leagues covet North Carolina but I suspect UNC heads to the Big Ten if given the option.

Is Miami in the mix? Sure. But the Canes are FAR from being a lock for either conference. While they offer some advantages, they have some glaring weaknesses too. Their history with ND might end up working in their favor depending on when the Irish finally buckle and join the P2. But anybody who thinks they know exactly how all of this is going to shake out is delusional.

Reactions: HailToPitt725

This is the reality.

Once upon a time there was a little bird that refused to fly South with the others for the winter. When the cold came, the little bird tried to fly South, but it was too late. Its wings froze and it fell squarely into a fresh pile of cow sh*t. The little bird thought it had met its end. But the cow sh*t warmed the little bird, which began to sing joyously at the top of its lungs. A nearby wolf followed the noise and swallowed up the little bird.

The moral is just because you are in a pile of sh"t doesn't mean it is the end of the world; just because someone gets you out of a pile of shit doesn't make them your friend; and if you are in a pile of shit and you are warm and happy, keep your f*cking mouth shut!

In this story...

Miami is the little bird.
Realignment is winter.
The ACC is a pile of sh*t.
And the wolf is the SEC and B1G.

The u has faced no legit competition in the ACC for 20 years and nothing to show for it. One solitary bowl win. What do you think will become of the u when the wolves of the P2 come along?

Keep chirping like a Canary.

Last edited:
As most see this (I guess), 6 teams will jump from the ACC to the top 3 conferences to give all of them 20 teams. The ACC doesn’t implode, but will lose up to 40% of their media revenue….so they will be a clear #4 league.

The real question is what the ACC does to backfill and how many teams that equates to. I think they don’t want to stay in the 20 team arms race, so they limit the backfill to 3 teams to get back to 14 teams…..2 of those teams should be OSU and WSU so they can have a West Coast pod. There is no way of retaining a “P” designation if they backfill with a bunch of G5s….there are none left that add value.

The 6 teams that leave? In order:
FSU
NC
Clemson
Virginia
Miami
Louisville

This is the reality.

..... yeah ahh !! .... Hold This !!!!

As most see this (I guess), 6 teams will jump from the ACC to the top 3 conferences to give all of them 20 teams. The ACC doesn’t implode, but will lose up to 40% of their media revenue….so they will be a clear #4 league.

The real question is what the ACC does to backfill and how many teams that equates to. I think they don’t want to stay in the 20 team arms race, so they limit the backfill to 3 teams to get back to 14 teams…..2 of those teams should be OSU and WSU so they can have a West Coast pod. There is no way of retaining a “P” designation if they backfill with a bunch of G5s….there are none left that add value.

The 6 teams that leave? In order:
FSU
NC
Clemson
Virginia
Miami
Louisville
I’d also add NC State and Virginia Tech; if UNC and UVA land in the Big Ten, I could see the SEC inviting those schools to expand their footprint. As for Louisville, they seem to be a natural first choice for the Big 12 if/when the ACC implodes.

Reactions: Shark19
I’d also add NC State and Virginia Tech; if UNC and UVA land in the Big Ten, I could see the SEC inviting those schools to expand their footprint. As for Louisville, they seem to be a natural first choice for the Big 12 if/when the ACC implodes.
Adding NC St and Ava Tech takes the B10 to 22, which I don’t think they would do….then the ND also plays a role if they figure out they need to join a P2 to stay relevant.

Yes, I had Louisville and Miami as B12 transfers. Don’t think either will get a P2 offer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT