ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Frost on "The Paul Finebaum Show" on ESPN

Not seeing this with any other new coach. Tom Herman maybe? Strong?

Yea same. My guess is how quick it's happening and how impressive our stats and point differential are.
You're right. It's all come together so quickly. It's a UCF fans dream. Like 2013, but different. I know it's only 3 games but.... geez, outscoring opponents 139-40!

Reactions: UCFBS
Never been a Finebaum fan, but this may be the only interview where he wasn't about leaving UCF.

Reactions: UCFBS
You're right. It's all come together so quickly. It's a UCF fans dream. Like 2013, but different. I know it's only 3 games but.... geez, outscoring opponents 139-40!
In 2013, it wasn't til we beat Louisville that we got attention. I recall all those pundits saying that UL had a "clear path" (including us). There was no, "If they can get by UCF" or "they might have a bit of trouble" with us. Remember that we were newcomer fill ins from the lowly C-USA, only added to the AAC because several of the Big East good teams were raided by the ACC. Louisville itself as well as Rutgers had to wait a year before joining good conferences. Absolutely nobody saw us as a respectable adversary, let alone a threat to win the conference!

Never been a Finebaum fan ...
He kinda fits the SEC like an out of place, plain, but accepted, glove. Being in Birmingham, and working for a big SEC sponsor, I think even they would say that too.

In reality, and I think he's even said as much, I don't think Finebaum would have ever seen himself covering the SEC either. But he just ... well, fits.

He kinda fits the SEC like an out of place, plain, but accepted, glove. Being in Birmingham, and working for a big SEC sponsor, I think even they would say that too.

In reality, and I think he's even said as much, I don't think Finebaum would have ever seen himself covering the SEC either. But he just ... well, fits.
He's from Memphis and went to Bama. He is a master at trolling SEC fans.

In 2013, it wasn't til we beat Louisville that we got attention. I recall all those pundits saying that UL had a "clear path" (including us). There was no, "If they can get by UCF" or "they might have a bit of trouble" with us. Remember that we were newcomer fill ins from the lowly C-USA, only added to the AAC because several of the Big East good teams were raided by the ACC. Louisville itself as well as Rutgers had to wait a year before joining good conferences. Absolutely nobody saw us as a respectable adversary, let alone a threat to win the conference!

In 2013, UCF got a little press (not much as Penn State wasn't very good, plus game wasn't seen by many since it was on Big Ten Network, and UCF's first 2 games vs Akron and FIU didn't mean anything nationally) after Penn State to move to 3-0 as ESPN moved the UCF/South Carolina game to ABC (Noon kick).

UCF obviously lost that game and the team remained under the radar to their comeback win at #6 Louisville on Friday night that drew a large tv viewing audience (2.2 Million).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT