ADVERTISEMENT

Cohen-Trump Tape ...

UCFBS

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2001
USA
So, I'm kinda shocked how the MSM is so focused elsewhere. This should be their focus, because they have Trump admitting 'how he conducts business.' Regardless of the 'aspect,' it's a purposeful, admitted, cover-up. And that's big.

But the MSM is also the Clinton-Progressive-Media engine. And because of that, because of how the Clintons have operated, they also don't want to touch it. That's stupid in my book. Drop the 'protectionism' of the Clintons. Throw them under-the-bus.

Because when the MSM stops trying to protect the Clintons, and their legacy, they will be able to more objectively scrutinize Trump. And that's the reality here. Trump covered up something, was caught on tape admitting to it, that he wanted to pay "cash" to 'pay for silence,' and that's how he conducts business.

Sure, the affair is really petty, tabloid news. But the cover-up isn't tabloid. And that's what the MSM should focus on. Not all the sleight-of-logic, semi-true/semi-fake/long-stretched stories, but stuff like this. That he literally operates this way, and the tape is clear.

And why I never really respected Trump ... or Clinton for that matter, either of them.

He said not to pay cash, but use a check. He wanted a paper trail, If you went after ever politician who has paid hush money, we would have non left.

Reactions: UCFWayne
He said not to pay cash, but use a check. He wanted a paper trail, If you went after ever politician who has paid hush money, we would have non left.
Did I read it wrong? Or did the article lie to me? I thought Cohen argued to pay by check/papertrail, and Trump was saying 'pay cash'?

Off to read again ...

Good Knight is right. And it’s only an issue if he’s covering up a crime. So even if he did all of that, you’d have to prove that he paid her out of campaign funds.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Good Knight is right. And it’s only an issue if he’s covering up a crime. So even if he did all of that, you’d have to prove that he paid her out of campaign funds.
I'm not so much talking about illegal activity. In fact, I think the few in the MSM trying to stretch that is part of the problem.

They should just focus on how much Trump says he didn't do, but did. That was the same problem with the Clintons as well. You couldn't believe sh-- out of their mouths, their word was junk.

This is beyond the normal politician telling the voters what they want to hear.

vng9vo4sz5c11.jpg

What a load of crap. If Trump was caught on an open microphone telling Putin wait until after the next election so I don’t have to worry about being re-elected, Trump would be impeached within hours.

Lmfao that's the best you can come up with? Evidently you are an idiot along with being an open racist. Trump did go on an open mic slobbing Putin's knob, and your inbred white trash slack jawed self is still defending him.

Last edited:
I'm not so much talking about illegal activity. In fact, I think the few in the MSM trying to stretch that is part of the problem.

They should just focus on how much Trump says he didn't do, but did. That was the same problem with the Clintons as well. You couldn't believe sh-- out of their mouths, their word was junk.

This is beyond the normal politician telling the voters what they want to hear.
Welcome to reality. We've all been here for years, it's good to have you join us.

Did I read it wrong? Or did the article lie to me? I thought Cohen argued to pay by check/papertrail, and Trump was saying 'pay cash'?

Off to read again ...

The media narrative was that he said pay in cash, but when you listen to the tape he says don't pay in cash.

The media narrative was that he said pay in cash, but when you listen to the tape he says don't pay in cash.
To successful business people (like myself) that's not what paying in cash means. I'll break it down for the rest of you.

Pay in cash = pay in full
Don't pay in cash = terms

These women were paid in installments from Broidy. He recently stopped making payments to them. Paying 1M in physical cash was almost assuredly never on the table.

Hope that helps.

This tape is a big nothing burger so far. All it proves is that Trump is a shady dude and lies. Everyone already knows this and his supporters do not care.

Reactions: UCFBS and UCFWayne
This tape is a big nothing burger so far. All it proves is that Trump is a shady dude and lies. Everyone already knows this and his supporters do not care.
Like the Clintons. Which is what bothers me about both sides.

To successful business people (like myself) that's not what paying in cash means. I'll break it down for the rest of you.

Pay in cash = pay in full
Don't pay in cash = terms

These women were paid in installments from Broidy. He recently stopped making payments to them. Paying 1M in physical cash was almost assuredly never on the table.

Hope that helps.

I would generally agree, but he follows up the cash statement with the word "check".

What a load of crap. If Trump was caught on an open microphone telling Putin wait until after the next election so I don’t have to worry about being re-elected, Trump would be impeached within hours.

True statement

Oh geez! They got me! F---!!!

Why does the US media do that? Why isn't the story itself juicy enough?

True statement
I have to agree. Obama got a 'free pass' while Trump is being pressured for so much less.

People don't realize that Obama was pissing off both NATO, Middle East and Far East allies. Now Trump asks valid questions and he gets railed.

This is why the US media is absolutely subjective on Russia.

I have to agree. Obama got a 'free pass' while Trump is being pressured for so much less.

People don't realize that Obama was pissing off both NATO, Middle East and Far East allies. Now Trump asks valid questions and he gets railed.

This is why the US media is absolutely subjective on Russia.
What “flexibility” did Obama have?

What “flexibility” did Obama have?
Ummm ... all our allies wanted THAAD as the Russians rolled out S-300VM, and then S-400. They had inferior air defense and sensory capability.

Did you not understand what the gaffe is about? Or Obama saying NTW and the SM-3 could protect Europe and other allies?

Ummm ... all our allies wanted THAAD as the Russians rolled out S-300VM, and then S-400. They had inferior air defense and sensory capability.

Did you not understand what the gaffe is about? Or Obama saying NTW and the SM-3 could protect Europe and other allies?

That still doesn't explain the "flexibility" that Obama said, which never materialized. Nothing burger.

That still doesn't explain the "flexibility" that Obama said, which never materialized. Nothing burger.
You're kidding me?!

Even Snopes rates it true, with missile defense being the #1, continuing objection all our allies had against us "helping" Russian on!
"As he was leaning toward Medvedev in Seoul, Obama was overheard asking for time — “particularly with missile defense” — until he is in a better position politically to resolve such issues.

“I understand your message about space,” replied Medvedev, who will hand over the presidency to Putin in May.

“This is my last election … After my election I have more flexibility,” Obama said, expressing confidence that he would win a second term.

“I will transmit this information to Vladimir,” said Medvedev, Putin’s protégé and long considered number two in Moscow’s power structure.

The exchange, parts of it inaudible, was monitored by a White House pool of television journalists as well as Russian reporters listening live from their press center."

The Russians had upgraded installations to S-400, even Chinese installations, and Iran had shown interest in S-400, while only being promised S-300VM like North Korea received (Iran ended up with S-400).

It was the final confirmation that Obama had utterly screwed over our allies. The US was not selling the system that was 'at least equivalent' to the Russian system already deployed. Why? Obama just outed himself as playing Americans along, even if the US media is ignorant of what S-400 is, and why THAAD deployment matters for 'deterrence.'

Understand S-300VM sensory is roughly equivalent to THAAD, and most consider S-400 superior, or at least equivalent to THAAD. It's 100x the sensory area of PAC-3 (Patriot Advanced Capability #3), which is 90 degree (S-300VM/400 and THAAD are 360), short-range 'final detection' (let alone the PAC-3 interceptor is 'defense of very last resort').

All are "General Air Defense" capable, which means for shooting down aircraft. S-400's deployment in Iran is why Israel believes any air attack on Iran will fail, and even if they have the US' support, it would likely fail as well, or at least have major losses. It's more than just 'missile defense,' but total air defense.

Again, THAAD has yet to be rolled out anywhere in continental Europe (just UK), Asia or the Middle East (other than limitedly in Israel). This led to a massive backlash in all locations, especially since Clinton (yes, Bill) promised THAAD to Japan and South Korea, and W. promised it to Saudia Arabia.

Even the GAO documented the failures of the Obama administration in this regard, especially as it 'changed policy 180 degrees' after Ukraine. The Russians have been directly influencing the US media and Democratic leadership for a decade! They pushed Americans to reduce ships in the Black Sea, and they pushed Americans to be against THAAD deployment -- even the Russians had deployed its equivalent!

This is why I'm tired of this Russia-Trump non-sense. They have been doing it all along!

I just want to pull back to the Americas, and leave all our allies. I'd rather we just do that than this BS. Most Americans are tired of it, especially those of us who have to explain to people why the Russians are not "playing far" and "haven't been playing fair" since before they invaded Georgia last decade -- including influencing the US media and even helping Obama!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT