ADVERTISEMENT

Credle Enters Portal

while it makes sense to see these 2 transfers as a potential reflection of disarray in our program...

doesn’t this also reflect on the state of FSU football? 2 players who haven’t started in 5 years (combined) and a blue blood program uses 2 scholarships in them? you would think they had dozens of blue chippers in line for thosespots
That's a fair point.. I'm thinking FSU might be bringing them in because they have a history of winning and work ethic... could be a good influence on the younger guys

If Moore said he did not want to compete for the job that's different. However he just joined a P5 school that apparently has a laundry list of DBs. He's going to have to compete to play.

Telling Moore there is no room on the team because of freshman would be like telling Milton to leave because Godfrey or Holman is the future now.

Seems to point to Moore was all but officially kicked off the team following arrest incident. However, either because of injury or Milton vouching for him they kept him to avoid killing his career by dumping him while still in recovery.

If Moore said he did not want to compete for the job that's different. However he just joined a P5 school that apparently has a laundry list of DBs. He's going to have to compete to play.

Telling Moore there is no room on the team because of freshman would be like telling Milton to leave because Godfrey or Holman is the future now.

Seems to point to Moore was all but officially kicked off the team following arrest incident. However, either because of injury or Milton vouching for him they kept him to avoid killing his career by dumping him while still in recovery.
Also, Norvell coached against both Milton and Moore, so he probably has a pretty accurate picture of what they’re capable of when healthy.

promising?
The freshmen DBs all graded out in the good not great range according to PFF. Every single linebacker graded below average though. That was the weakest link in the defense. Without divulging specific grades (available in the Dungeon) the following were the groups

Good to great
Richie Grant
Derek Gainous
Divaad Wilson

Above average to good
Aaron Robinson
Davonte Brown
Corey Thornton
Justin Hodges

Below average to average
Jeremiah Jean-Baptist
Tatum Bethune
Jermain McMillan
Zamari Maxwell

Bad
Eriq Gilyard
Dyllon Lester
Eric Mitchell
Antwan Collier

Reactions: Knight Strength
Also, Norvell coached against both Milton and Moore, so he probably has a pretty accurate picture of what they’re capable of when healthy.
Milton and Moore were roommates. Moore was the last player remaining from the 2016 class. If he wants to head to Tally with Milton it makes perfect sense. I’m not sure if UCF tried to persuade him to stay or not given he was involved in the Collier incident.

I went and looked what we had in the portal....3-4 of them had been in the program 3 years and I didn't even recognize their names. Then we had the 4 guys that were dismissed from the team. Then you have MM and Mack who we all knew didn't have a future here.

So who have we lost here that we were counting on other than Credle? Nobody.....
[/QUOTE
I'll believe it when I see them start. I have a hard time believing a Qb who hasn't played a snap in 3 years and a CB who hasn't in 2 years are going to be quality starters at FSU, but I'm open to being convinced...

I wonder if they are just trying to get in with bigger name schools to better transition to coaching.
If anyone can do it, it is KZ. HE would have given DG a run for his money here, which is why he left. Bam, I don't know. I guarantee he needed to do a workout for Norvel before he got an offer. Maybe he needed a clean slate.

As a HC you really need to think long term. I think there was a combination of needing to keep promises to his recruits, promoting players with longevity and the police incident. Sometimes it is just best for everyone to move on to a new place. Awesome for Bam that he gets to compete at such a high level place as FSU.

As a HC you really need to think long term. I think there was a combination of needing to keep promises to his recruits, promoting players with longevity and the police incident. Sometimes it is just best for everyone to move on to a new place. Awesome for Bam that he gets to compete at such a high level place as FSU.

Promises to his recruits? Isn't the original subject of this thread that freshman shouldn't expect promises for playing time?

Reactions: Endeavor.
Promises to his recruits? Isn't the original subject of this thread that freshman shouldn't expect promises for playing time?
No the original subject of this thread is about a WR leaving. I am sure he was given promises for playing time. He and his family had unreasonable expectations of what that should be given the talent in front of him. A HC always has to promise opportunities to his recruits.

No the original subject of this thread is about a WR leaving. I am sure he was given promises for playing time. He and his family had unreasonable expectations of what that should be given the talent in front of him. A HC always has to promise opportunities to his recruits.

If that is the case, all the transfers into the program is more of a problem than having an originally recruited player in the program like Moore play.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
The freshmen DBs all graded out in the good not great range according to PFF. Every single linebacker graded below average though. That was the weakest link in the defense. Without divulging specific grades (available in the Dungeon) the following were the groups

Good to great
Richie Grant
Derek Gainous
Divaad Wilson

Above average to good
Aaron Robinson
Davonte Brown
Corey Thornton
Justin Hodges

Below average to average
Jeremiah Jean-Baptist
Tatum Bethune
Jermain McMillan
Zamari Maxwell

Bad
Eriq Gilyard
Dyllon Lester
Eric Mitchell
Antwan Collier
Can you give this analysis for other positions?

So now when fan favorites transfer they are considered to be has beens and likely not to be contributors. I guess good thing UCF is losing dead weight.
I never thought Milton would be a starter for whole season no matter where he went. Even more so at FSU.

So now when fan favorites transfer they are considered to be has beens and likely not to be contributors. I guess good thing UCF is losing dead weight.

not at all the point of the discussion. 1 player hasn’t played in 3 years with one of the most devastating injuries on the field, and 1 hasn’t played in 2 years also due to injury. neither are known commodities at this point and are going to a “blue blood” and taking up roster spots and scholarships.

Also, Milton is the GOAT, not dead weight.

Nice read. Essentially BAM was cleared to play, and coaches wanted him to play. But didn't want to rush going back and burn the year. And the traffic stop did play a factor. Said the felt the energy towards him from Heup changed. He wanted a fresh start but has no bad blood.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/spo...0210113-aecisrbzbzh5zj2yoqzlqhlhdi-story.html
just saying this is concerning. ofcourse he will be diplomatic bc he wants to play in the NFL and trashing coaches usually doesn't help anybody.

Whats concerning? Heup changing his attitude towards Bam? I know after reading the events of the traffic stop my attitude towards those players changed

For me, the biggest issue has been the lack of pass rush. I don’t see anyone who has flashed potential to improve that aspect of the team as a whole. In 2017, Shaquem bailed out a bad defense multiple times... we don’t go undefeated without him, same way Milton bailed us out all the time. We don’t have that threat on the D line.

For me, the biggest issue has been the lack of pass rush. I don’t see anyone who has flashed potential to improve that aspect of the team as a whole. In 2017, Shaquem bailed out a bad defense multiple times... we don’t go undefeated without him, same way Milton bailed us out all the time. We don’t have that threat on the D line.

Charlton was my great hope in this area and we all know how that turned out. I like Celiscar a lot and hope he can continue to get better.

Don’t forget about Hughes. Having a lockdown corner freed up our ability to rush as well.

Tennessee's program is trash. 17 guys in the portal. Ole Miss is trash as well. 7 guys in the portal. Players fleeing the SEC because of the garbage conference that it is.

Good to great
Richie Grant
Derek Gainous
Divaad Wilson

Above average to good
Aaron Robinson
Davonte Brown
Corey Thornton
Justin Hodges

Below average to average
Jeremiah Jean-Baptist
Tatum Bethune
Jermain McMillan
Zamari Maxwell

Bad
Eriq Gilyard
Dyllon Lester
Eric Mitchell
Antwan Collier
There's no way Hodges graded out good on anything. USF was abusing him in the second half. When I noticed him playing I watched a few plays and he looked lost. I was like,"I'd be throwing at that kid every down until they took him out of the game." Not saying he can't become good or great. He's only a freshman and has several years to work in his craft.

Tennessee's program is trash. 17 guys in the portal. Ole Miss is trash as well. 7 guys in the portal. Players fleeing the SEC because of the garbage conference that it is.

In terms of P5, especially SEC. Tenn has been trash for like 15 years. Ole Miss is not much better.

There's no way Hodges graded out good on anything. USF was abusing him in the second half. When I noticed him playing I watched a few plays and he looked lost. I was like,"I'd be throwing at that kid every down until they took him out of the game." Not saying he can't become good or great. He's only a freshman and has several years to work in his craft.
Per PFF, Hodges graded “below average” vs usf and Tulsa, “average to above average” against BYU, Temple, GT, and Memphis, and “good” against ECU. His yearly grade was in the “average to above average” range. Which isn’t too bad for a true freshman. He made mistakes, but he should only improve.

Ga. St. well, I guess he'll be the starter. A great chance to shine. Ga. St. I mean Ga. St.? (and I actually like the underdogs) Ga St? (trying not to repeat the comments earlier, but GA ST?) I remember when they were of national relevance....... when they hired an ex-Alabama coach as their HC.
All the players that could have come back- Nixon, Harris, McCray, Anderson, Mitchell, etc. all turning pro and all the recent kids going in the transfer portal makes you wonder what's going on. It just seems like players are jumping ship!

Extremely late, but 8 or so leaving is "jumping ship" Absolutely hilarious! You are very fortunate to have not been in "jumping ship" situation. 8 or so out of what 80- 125, whatever a college team consists of, is beyond silly to call "jumping ship". 1-4 key players leave-- "jumping ship"? hahahahahhahahahahahhahahah

Ga. St. well, I guess he'll be the starter. A great chance to shine. Ga. St. I mean Ga. St.? (and I actually like the underdogs) Ga St? (trying not to repeat the comments earlier, but GA ST?) I remember when they were of national relevance....... when they hired an ex-Alabama coach as their HC.

Extremely late, but 8 or so leaving is "jumping ship" Absolutely hilarious! You are very fortunate to have not been in "jumping ship" situation. 8 or so out of what 80- 125, whatever a college team consists of, is beyond silly to call "jumping ship". 1-4 key players leave-- "jumping ship"? hahahahahhahahahahahhahahah
Did anyone besides Credle actually “jump ship” as in they weren’t already seniors who just chose to quit playing college football? I guess Alex Harris. The other transfers were kicked off the team. The rest are prepping for NFL tryouts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT