ADVERTISEMENT

CU ready to move! This seems real!

Any news on who would be coming with them? If it’s UConn, the ACC needs to send immediate invites to Arizona State, Oregon, Stanford, and Washington. If not, well… we’ll be conference members soon enough. :oops:

giphy.gif

Boulder away game hell yeah

Any news on who would be coming with them? If it’s UConn, the ACC needs to send immediate invites to Arizona State, Oregon, Stanford, and Washington. If not, well… we’ll be conference members soon enough. :oops:
No Fing way UCONN joins now.

Big12 controls all the chips and are gonna go after PAC12 remnants. UCONN woukd make absolutely no sense and reliable press sources have UCONN isn't seriously being considered atm.

USF fans on bullspen pan the addition of CU (surprise surprise) as they were 1-11 last season and are the "worst" in the league.

Shortsighted as usual.

Of course they (and other pundits) fail to see the significant of this.

See Tim Brando putting it perfectly:

1. Market!
2. Reuniting great Big 8 rivalries
3. AAU school
4. Kicks off the dominoes to fall.
5. Deion

We're buying low by bringing on CU and will sell high come the next media deal and after we add more PAC12 schools.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
I would be fine would adding Arizona and being done. Oregon must think they are headed to the Big 10.

There is something in the clause though that could effect UCF’s share being lower till 2025 but not exactly sure. Better than being left behind for 20 years

Last edited:
Wooooh BABY!

Arizona, ASU, Utah...maybe Stanford and OST as well perhaps!

Guys, we lucked out being invited to this conference!

GO KNIGHTS!
California schools will never join for cultural reasons

I would be fine would adding Arizona and being done. Oregon must think they are headed to the Big 10.

There is something in the clause though that could effect UCF’s share being lower but not exactly sure. Better than being left behind for 20 years
If I read it right, that will only happen if the conference takes on teams that are not already a power five team. I believe it said if any other power five teams are added they would all get an equal share.

it has been repeated several times but we got VERY lucky with timing and how the dominoes fell.
Without UCF and the other 3 schools addition, the big 12 was more unstable than the PAC. We helped stabilize this conference, and that stability was cited as one of the reasons Colorado is coming back to the Big 12. Don’t ever sell UCF’s contributions short.

I was really hoping we would get a couple of ACC teams too... I'd like to see Pitt, VT/GT, NCState, and Duke/Virginia/Miami/Louisville join our conference as well. Rumors that the SEC would take Clemson, FSU, UNC, and Virginia have been getting louder over the last couple of months. More rumors have been saying that UNC and Virgina are the most coveted from the ACC because of their TV markets.

Reactions: U C to the F
it has been repeated several times but we got VERY lucky with timing and how the dominoes fell.
Very F'ing true
Without UCF and the other 3 schools addition, the big 12 was more unstable than the PAC. We helped stabilize this conference, and that stability was cited as one of the reasons Colorado is coming back to the Big 12. Don’t ever sell UCF’s contributions short.
Very true as well, but still, being the youngest P5 school, we are in a fortunate position.

I think we'll see at least one more addition before the beginning of the season. Oregon State?

Maybe Arizona and ASU within a year.

Just my guess.

I know what we built but luck/timing was still needed. If Texas and USC were content to run their respective conferences w the 12 team playoff coming UCF would have been in the AAC for a long time. And FSU would never allow us to become ACC while they were still members

From everything I’ve seen in any media outlet I have seen it is the remaining Big12 teams have really embraced the new 4 and have been extremely accommodating. They know what we brought and have embraced the new teams like one of their own. It’s been a really great experience as a fan with the conference teams engagement and acceptance. All teams are pretty equal, no one is “shitty”, it’s so refreshing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT