ADVERTISEMENT

Defund and Abolish Police Forces

maybe they should have had a protest to settle the naming dispute.

I love how the left takes everything trump says literally but then won’t allow you to take what they say literally.

Its the worst double standard that exists

Trump: can we use disinfectants internally?

The left: TRUMP TOLD PEOPLE TO DRINK CLOROX

BLM: we literally want no police.

The left: BLM wants to reform the police for our safety.

I try to take people at their word and not let my confirmation bias change the message. I'm still guilty of it, but nowhere near the level of the entire left in America

For shuckster in case he missed it.
I'm not able, as a non-subscriber, to read this NY Times opinion piece. But I've read enough and heard enough to know that the notion that eliminating police departments is right-wing fear mongering.

I'm not able, as a non-subscriber, to read this NY Times opinion piece. But I've read enough and heard enough to know that the notion that eliminating police departments is right-wing fear mongering.

Abolish by definition means to put an end to. You are aware of that right?

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Its the worst double standard that exists

Trump: can we use disinfectants internally?

The left: TRUMP TOLD PEOPLE TO DRINK CLOROX

BLM: we literally want no police.

The left: BLM wants to reform the police for our safety.

I try to take people at their word and not let my confirmation bias change the message. I'm still guilty of it, but nowhere near the level of the entire left in America

It isnt a double standard. Trump is the actual president, his words matter more when he is actually in a position of power. One activist who wants to abolish the police isnt the Democratic position. If you actually read the op-ed, the very first paragraph clearly states that Biden, you know, the guy who is the actual candidate, actually wants to give more money to police.

It isnt a double standard. Trump is the actual president, his words matter more when he is actually in a position of power. One activist who wants to abolish the police isnt the Democratic position. If you actually read the op-ed, the very first paragraph clearly states that Biden, you know, the guy who is the actual candidate, actually wants to give more money to police.

By definition that is a double standard. So Obama’s words mean less now that he isn’t a president? Or do they matter more than mine cause he’s a celebrity. That doesn’t sound like equality

One activist who wants to abolish the police isnt the Democratic position.
When you have a batshit crazy President to defend, finding and highlighting batshit crazy liberal activists is one of the few things left in the Trumpster playbook.

By definition that is a double standard. So Obama’s words mean less now that he isn’t a president? Or do they matter more than mine cause he’s a celebrity. That doesn’t sound like equality

It isnt a double standard at all, people in different positions have different standards. Are you honestly arguing that the presidents words are no more important than an average citizens words?

So are you cool with admitting that Trump didn't tell people to drink bleach or inject lysol?

Okay, if you say so. :)

I don’t say anything. I’m just sharing that the movement entitled “Abolish the police” started 4+ years ago when a Chicago Activist was on Fox News with Meghan Kelly and called for Abolishing the Police.

It isnt a double standard at all, people in different positions have different standards. Are you honestly arguing that the presidents words are no more important than an average citizens words?

I would argue that either everyone’s words are equally important or equally not important. Putting people in different values of important (or segregation) based on their positions of power or apparent status is the community is kind of the opposite of an equality based society.

If the presidents words matter more than mine, however will I be the engine that drives change. If a celebrities words are more powerful than ours then our opinions and stances are futile without the clout to make a permanent change

I don’t say anything. I’m just sharing that the movement entitled “Abolish the police” started 4+ years ago when a Chicago Activist was on Fox News with Meghan Kelly and called for Abolishing the Police.
You're implying 'abolish the police' the mainstream response coming out of the Floyd protests. I'm simply calling you out on your bullshit.

You're implying 'abolish the police' the mainstream response coming out of the Floyd protests. I'm simply calling you out on your bullshit.

No, I’m sharing information that Abolish the Police was an actual movement way before this that literally called for the Abolishing of Police. It started in Ferguson. Then a branch came for Abolish ICE, then Its back To this.

So yeah, they literally, not figuratively, have wanted to Abolish Police for a while.

Literally every protest I've seen have involved signs, many of them, with "DEFUND THE POLICE" written on them.

And here you are, insisting that we're just making all of this up as "right wing fear mongering". You're insane.

"It's about recognizing that policing in this country as we know it must end because it’s wrong and unjust and untenable in a free society. It’s about recognizing that this country needs to stop hiding behind the police and finally take action to fix our social ills."

I would argue that either everyone’s words are equally important or equally not important. Putting people in different values of important (or segregation) based on their positions of power or apparent status is the community is kind of the opposite of an equality based society.

If the presidents words matter more than mine, however will I be the engine that drives change. If a celebrities words are more powerful than ours then our opinions and stances are futile without the clout to make a permanent change

Nobody said anything about celebrities. People in power, who make policies, positions and views certainly matter more than the average Joe that nobody has ever heard of, because they are in positions of power. I dont know how this is even a discussion.

"It's about recognizing that policing in this country as we know it must end because it’s wrong and unjust and untenable in a free society. It’s about recognizing that this country needs to stop hiding behind the police and finally take action to fix our social ills."

"Policing as we know it" doesnt imply getting rid of police, it implies reform. And what is wrong with trying to fix social ills?

Hey Shuckster is this fear-mongering?

MINNEAPOLIS — Minneapolis City Council members took a first step Friday toward changing the City Charter to allow for abolishing the police department and replacing it with something else.

Five of the 12 council members said Friday that they'll formally introduce a proposal later this month to remove the charter's requirement that the city maintain a police department and fund a minimum number of officers. Voters would have to approve the change if the proposal makes it onto the November ballot.

The Star Tribune reports the announcement came as council members face increased pressure to further define what they meant when a majority of them pledged to eliminate the Minneapolis Police Department following George Floyd's death.

"Policing as we know it" doesnt imply getting rid of police, it implies reform. And what is wrong with trying to fix social ills?
Great. Now are you going to admit that Trump didn't tell people to drink bleach or inject lysol? Just want to make sure we are on the same page when it comes to interpreting statements.

Great. Now are you going to admit that Trump didn't tell people to drink bleach or inject lysol? Just want to make sure we are on the same page when it comes to interpreting statements.

His words matter more than ours.

We can’t be an equal society with these notions that some people matter more than others. For shame.

Hey Shuckster is this fear-mongering?

MINNEAPOLIS — Minneapolis City Council members took a first step Friday toward changing the City Charter to allow for abolishing the police department and replacing it with something else.
What part of 'replacing it with something else' didn't you understand?

His words matter more than ours.

We can’t be an equal society with these notions that some people matter more than others. For shame.
I'm fine with the idea that some people's words carry more weight than others. I'm not fine with making up lies about what somebody said. Trump never told people to drink bleach, but these disingenuous liars can't admit it.

Reactions: DAiello18
The way I interpret it is that they want a politically motivated group of enforcers patrolling the streets looking for dissidents. They want a modern day version of the brown-shirts. And they have no out on this because they are elected officials whose words carry more weight than yours. Its so easy to read between the lines on this that its scary that you don't see it. Totally reckless behavior by people in power.

You do realize something else means getting rid of what exists IE Police. You can’t be that dense.

“A new model could involve community-based policing alongside a much larger system of social services that would deal with issues before they escalate into crime”

So more George Zimmermans and Case Workers? Tell me how that helps. I’ll wait.

“Hello Not 911 what’s your emergency?”

“My husband just beat me.”

“okay ma’am. A case worker will be out there to deescalate the situation immediately”

———

“Hello? Someone help we have a guy with a gun on the loose”

“okay ma’am, we are sending Paw Patrol. Oh wait they were cancelled. We are sending a non-violent mediator to talk to him.”

What part of the dialogue in Sarah Cooper's comedic gem (posted above) was fabricated?
You mean the black liberal woman in your clip? Just checking because last time you dismissed a woman because she is a black conservative.

I've got no problem with the clip. Nowhere in it did Trump tell people to do what you have accused him of doing.

I'm guessing the irony of this post is lost on you. :)

“A new model could involve community-based policing alongside a much larger system of social services that would deal with issues before they escalate into crime”

Nice Cherry Picking. Quote the whole thing and explain how community policing will be less corrupt and dangerous than trained professionals. Some of whom suck, but a majority of whom do their job well.

A new model of community-based policing? WTF?

I could have sworn you were the guy adamantly telling us all a few posts ago that this is all about abolishing the police.

A new model of community-based policing? WTF?

I could have sworn you were the guy adamantly telling us all a few posts ago that this is all about abolishing the police.

you are completely aware that community based policing is not the same as having a police force right? Also that the police force would in fact be abolished. So yeah, when they say Abolish the police they would have abolished them and replaced It.

you’re clearly failing to see that one will cease to exist and therefore be abolished

I wonder if these dolts understand that "community based policing" requires way, way more cops than any single department has today. If you want cops who are only devoted to being Officer Friendly in tons of neighborhoods then you need more cops, because the other shit going on in a city won't stop.

So if that were the actual intent, you need to fund PDs more. The exact opposition of what these left wing local governments are actively doing.

I wonder if these dolts understand that "community based policing" requires way, way more cops than any single department has today. If you want cops who are only devoted to being Officer Friendly in tons of neighborhoods then you need more cops, because the other shit going on in a city won't stop.

So if that were the actual intent, you need to fund PDs more. The exact opposition of what these left wing local governments are actively doing.

Camden NJ reformed their PD, reduced their # of officers (it wasnt by much, but still a slight reduction), and violent crime actually went down. DO I think we need police? Yes. Do I think police is the only solution to lowering crime, absolutely not. I mean, the Minneapolis police budget made up almost 40% of the cities entire budget. When you see #s like that how can we not think that some of those funds being put into other uses wouldnt be helpful? We wont need to live in a police state.

you are completely aware that community based policing is not the same as having a police force right? Also that the police force would in fact be abolished. So yeah, when they say Abolish the police they would have abolished them and replaced It.

you’re clearly failing to see that one will cease to exist and therefore be abolished

This simply isnt true. Community based policing is a strategy more or less, but it still involves police.

Camden NJ reformed their PD, reduced their # of officers (it wasnt by much, but still a slight reduction), and violent crime actually went down. DO I think we need police? Yes. Do I think police is the only solution to lowering crime, absolutely not. I mean, the Minneapolis police budget made up almost 40% of the cities entire budget. When you see #s like that how can we not think that some of those funds being put into other uses wouldnt be helpful? We wont need to live in a police state.

The Camden example is getting a little overused . Camden has just 77,000 people living within their city, and a lot of the reduction in crime is more attributed to economic zone initiates they put in place to bring investment and jobs into the city.

Why does a PD assuming a large amount of a city's budget surprise you? What else are cities blowing money on that outweighs the need to provide public safety?

ADVERTISEMENT