ADVERTISEMENT

Defund and Abolish Police Forces

Even worse, he is comparing BLM to confederates.

Ahahahahaha. It's almost a pity to have such good free comedy on ignore. But it saves brain cells.

It would be funnier if these people weren't allowed to vote though, goddamnit stupidity should be more painful.

Ahahahahaha. It's almost a pity to have such good free comedy on ignore. But it saves brain cells.

It would be funnier if these people weren't allowed to vote though, goddamnit stupidity should be more painful.

These types of situations show peoples true colors for sure.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Civil disobedience is reprehensible now? So was MLK reprehensible?

If you would actually pay attention, you will see a lot of the rioters and looters are white dudes, and all of them arent BLM supporters. You are equating a few opportunists with an entire movement.

Who cares if they are white, the BLM movement isn't about race its about going against our laws. I'm fine with it to a point to be honest, but when it comes to burning down buildings or looting then its no better than what the South was trying to accomplish. The point remains valid.

Who cares if they are white, the BLM movement isn't about race its about going against our laws. I'm fine with it to a point to be honest, but when it comes to burning down buildings or looting then its no better than what the South was trying to accomplish. The point remains valid.

Again, BLM isnt advocating for people to burn down buildings. It is amazing that we have seen 100s of thousands of people march in cities all across the this country, 99% who have been peaceful, but you have decided to reduce the movement to maybe a few hundred people who have looted and vandalized things.

No, your point is one of the dumbest points I have ever seen on this board, there is no validity to it what so ever and you clearly dont really understand what is going on right now.

Again, BLM isnt advocating for people to burn down buildings. It is amazing that we have seen 100s of thousands of people march in cities all across the this country, 99% who have been peaceful, but you have decided to reduce the movement to maybe a few hundred people who have looted and vandalized things.

No, your point is one of the dumbest points I have ever seen on this board, there is no validity to it what so ever and you clearly dont really understand what is going on right now.
But you'll ascribe to villifying thousands of police officers based on the actions of a few. All of them should be fired, amirite?

But you'll ascribe to villifying thousands of police officers based on the actions of a few. All of them should be fired, amirite?

I have never villified thousands of police officers, you just completely made that up. I have talked about the "system", which has historically not treated black and white people the same, and that isnt a debatable a point. Their is something wrong with out justice system in general in this country, and policing is a part of that.

Reactions: DaShuckster
I have never villified thousands of police officers, you just completely made that up. I have talked about the "system", which has historically not treated black and white people the same, and that isnt a debatable a point. Their is something wrong with out justice system in general in this country, and policing is a part of that.

Are the laws that black people are subject to the same as the laws that white people are held to?

Are the laws that black people are subject to the same as the laws that white people are held to?
Nowadays, the laws are the same but they way they are selectively enforced by the police and sentences carried out through the judicial system based on race is very different.

That's exactly what "systemic racism" means.

Nowadays, the laws are the same but they way they are selectively enforced by the police and sentences carried out through the judicial system based on race is very different.

That's exactly what "systemic racism" means.

I'm totally fine with that point. But that comes down to the judiciary, which is where I think progress can be made. This isn't about cops any more than its about blacks guys committing crimes at a higher rate than white guys.

There's no big conspiracy here. There are changes that can be made but they are subtle and don't require destroying property, looting, setting fires, or seceding from the country. We were on that path in the last week of May and then a bunch of leftists decided to make it a race war.

I'm totally fine with that point. But that comes down to the judiciary, which is where I think progress can be made. This isn't about cops any more than its about blacks guys committing crimes at a higher rate than white guys.

There's no big conspiracy here. There are changes that can be made but they are subtle and don't require destroying property, looting, setting fires, or seceding from the country. We were on that path in the last week of May and then a bunch of leftists decided to make it a race war.

There is no race war going on. If you look at these protests there are just as many white people as black people protesting.

Mobs and gangs rule America. The ones with the best weapons or part of the strongest mob or gang survive

It’s a lawless society and civilization as we know it goes back to the Stone Age within months? Noooooooooooo. Weeks.

Millions of refugees try to flee the country into Mexico and Canada.

If we are LUCKY, another country takes us over

Stiil want to dEfUnD tHe pOlIcE?

Good luck with that. The dumbest proposal in the history of recent memory

Defund all cops and abolish them. Then he with the most bullets will win. I want your stadium club seat? Its mine. Your groceries? Mine. Your wife? Mine.

I have 2 ARs what do you have? Oh that’s right. Not that

Defund all cops and abolish them. Then he with the most bullets will win. I want your stadium club seat? Its mine. Your groceries? Mine. Your wife? Mine.

I have 2 ARs what do you have? Oh that’s right. Not that
What’s going to happen is the police are going to leave cities like Minneapolis, DC, Atlanta, Chicago, etc and go to more affluent areas with lower crime.

THEY are going to be the ones saying screw this and crime in the United States is going to be even more disproportionate. People will do the same

Reactions: humanjerk
What’s going to happen is the police are going to leave cities like Minneapolis, DC, Atlanta, Chicago, etc and go to more affluent areas with lower crime.

THEY are going to be the ones saying screw this and crime in the United States is going to be even more disproportionate. People will do the same
And not a single soul would blame them.

funny how Chicago has so many gun deaths when guns are banned. Its almost As if criminals don’t give a shit about the law or the repercussions of their actions

Reactions: Ucfmikes

But herein lies the rub, and its not allowed to be spoken of: the areas that have the lowest crime rate are predominantly white, suburban or rural areas. To even bring that up invokes calls of racism even if the stats bare it out. The beauty of this whole scenario is that it can be proven one way or another if we accept the demands of this movement. Let it happen and make decisions on how to act in the future based on what we see come to fruition.

People aren't dumb regardless of their skin color or economic situation. If the people in autonomous zones find that their lives are better it can be an example for us to model after. I say we give it a shot.

But herein lies the rub, and its not allowed to be spoken of: the areas that have the lowest crime rate are predominantly white, suburban or rural areas. To even bring that up invokes calls of racism even if the stats bare it out. The beauty of this whole scenario is that it can be proven one way or another if we accept the demands of this movement. Let it happen and make decisions on how to act in the future based on what we see come to fruition.

People aren't dumb regardless of their skin color or economic situation. If the people in autonomous zones find that their lives are better it can be an example for us to model after. I say we give it a shot.

This isnt entirely true. Plenty of small and predominantly white towns have high crime rates, but you dont hear about it about for one, because they are small towns that most people havent heard of in general, and two it doesnt fit the conservative talking point that inner cities are war zones. Ill use Tennessee as an example since I live here. Memphis has a lot of crime and is up towards the tops in the regards in TN for sure. The second highest crime rate in Tennessee is a town called Savannah which is 89% white, 3rd is a town called Dyersburg which is 75% white. Nashville, the largest city in TN, doesnt even make the top 10 in the state, but if you look at national lists that only tend to look at larger places, then Nashville is almost always in the top 20-25 crime ridden places.
https://www.roadsnacks.net/most-dangerous-cities-in-tennessee/

Suburban areas are different, but suburban areas are typically at least middle class if not wealthy. But wealthier predominantly black neighborhoods and towns, also tend to have less crime. Crime isnt a race issue, it is an economic issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaShuckster
This isnt entirely true. Plenty of small and predominantly white towns have high crime rates, but you dont hear about it about for one, because they are small towns that most people havent heard of in general, and two it doesnt fit the conservative talking point that inner cities are war zones. Ill use Tennessee as an example since I live here. Memphis has a lot of crime and is up towards the tops in the regards in TN for sure. The second highest crime rate in Tennessee is a town called Savannah which is 89% white, 3rd is a town called Dyersburg which is 75% white. Nashville, the largest city in TN, doesnt even make the top 10 in the state, but if you look at national lists that only tend to look at larger places, then Nashville is almost always in the top 20-25 crime ridden places.
https://www.roadsnacks.net/most-dangerous-cities-in-tennessee/

Suburban areas are different, but suburban areas are typically at least middle class if not wealthy. But wealthier predominantly black neighborhoods and towns, also tend to have less crime. Crime isnt a race issue, it is an economic issue.
Awesome. This is the perfect opportunity to prove that crime isn't more profound in black communities and we can put that baby to bed. We have national and quite honestly global attention focused on the issue. I say go for it and give it 5 or 10 years, then put the results down on paper so it can be an example on what does or does not work.

Awesome. This is the perfect opportunity to prove that crime isn't more profound in black communities and we can put that baby to bed. We have national and quite honestly global attention focused on the issue. I say go for it and give it 5 or 10 years, then put the results down on paper so it can be an example on what does or does not work.

Way to avoid addressing my points at all.

Way to avoid addressing my points at all.
Your points are predicated on a racist approach, so its tough to address them. I'm totally 100% behind saying that this is an economic issue, not a racial one. Middle class and upper class people typically don't commit crimes that lead to death by police officers regardless of race. Since we agree on that, why is BLM a thing? Why isn't it "poor lives matter"?

Your points are predicated on a racist approach, so its tough to address them. I'm totally 100% behind saying that this is an economic issue, not a racial one. Middle class and upper class people typically don't commit crimes that lead to death by police officers regardless of race. Since we agree on that, why is BLM a thing? Why isn't it "poor lives matter"?

Because poor kids are just as smart as White Kids. - Biden 2020

Reactions: UCFKnightfan08

i dont even know what your first sentence means. I dont know what has happened to your ability to just have a conversation. In saying that, you can't separate the ideas of race and poverty in this nation. They arent hand and hand entirely, there are obviously plenty of poor white people too. This is a heavier topic than we are going to get to the bottom of on a message board, but anyone who understands US history knows that African Americans haven't been given the same treatment as white people since the inception of the country, and that simply isnt debatable. Has it gotten better? Yes in a lot of ways. Are there still a lot of issues? Also yes. But wealth and poverty in this country are still generational to a great degree. The majority of people in this country will live and die in the economic class they are born into, and that goes for all races. So the race that has historically been viewed as second class citizens, doesnt have the same generational advantages that many other people are offered, among other things.

i dont even know what your first sentence means. I dont know what has happened to your ability to just have a conversation. In saying that, you can't separate the ideas of race and poverty in this nation. They arent hand and hand entirely, there are obviously plenty of poor white people too. This is a heavier topic than we are going to get to the bottom of on a message board, but anyone who understands US history knows that African Americans haven't been given the same treatment as white people since the inception of the country, and that simply isnt debatable. Has it gotten better? Yes in a lot of ways. Are there still a lot of issues? Also yes. But wealth and poverty in this country are still generational to a great degree. The majority of people in this country will live and die in the economic class they are born into, and that goes for all races. So the race that has historically been viewed as second class citizens, doesnt have the same generational advantages that many other people are offered, among other things.
You did so good until the end.

Thanks for the well thought out response. Instead of focusing on me, maybe address the points.
Your points are biased and assume the actions of somebody from 200 years ago carry more weight than the actions of somebody 20 years ago. Literally every single minority person in this country has a greater systemic advantage than a white person does when it comes to education and entrepreneurship. Economically speaking, it should be no more difficult for a POC than a white person to succeed in the US. The variable that can't be quantified is work ethic and desire to advance. If that isn't true, the only other explanation is that in general POC are not as intelligent or driven to succeed as white people and collectively we need to view them as being 2nd class citizens.

Unless you have a better answer for it, of course

Your points are biased and assume the actions of somebody from 200 years ago carry more weight than the actions of somebody 20 years ago. Literally every single minority person in this country has a greater systemic advantage than a white person does when it comes to education and entrepreneurship. Economically speaking, it should be no more difficult for a POC than a white person to succeed in the US. The variable that can't be quantified is work ethic and desire to advance. If that isn't true, the only other explanation is that in general POC are not as intelligent or driven to succeed as white people and collectively we need to view them as being 2nd class citizens.

Unless you have a better answer for it, of course

You have to be joking. You think public schools in poor areas are the same as public schools in wealthier areas? I dont even mean in different cities or states, I mean even in the same towns schools in different neighborhoods there can be a vast difference in the education a student receives depending on which school they attend. Which of course can impact which college someone can get into, scholarships, etc.
And a good deal of all of this stems from redlining, which is technically illegal now, but most certainly helped to shape modern neighborhoods in cities and towns all over this country throughout the 20th century, effecting property values, which directly affects the quality of schools. And we could get into bank lending practices a lot more if we need to.

You have to be joking. You think public schools in poor areas are the same as public schools in wealthier areas? I dont even mean in different cities or states, I mean even in the same towns schools in different neighborhoods there can be a vast difference in the education a student receives depending on which school they attend. Which of course can impact which college someone can get into, scholarships, etc.
And a good deal of all of this stems from redlining, which is technically illegal now, but most certainly helped to shape modern neighborhoods in cities and towns all over this country throughout the 20th century, effecting property values, which directly affects the quality of schools. And we could get into bank lending practices a lot more if we need to.
What is your experience in poor schools and what is your experience in wealthy schools? Do the teachers suck in poor schools?

OIP.lqIo3lIKFLRuAfVnpuMFTAHaFj
I ask what part of my post is racist and shuckster posts a picture of a black dude. Can't make this up if you tried

What is your experience in poor schools and what is your experience in wealthy schools? Do the teachers suck in poor schools?

I would venture to guess that the best teachers tend to want to teach at the best schools. I'm sure thats not true around the board, but I dont think I am going out on a limb with that. But it also has to do with resources at schools, not just teachers. I am sure there are plenty of good teachers at poorer schools, but many of those schools also lack in a lot of modern educational tools. But it isnt just about schools, look at the situation now with schools being shut down. Online learning is no big deal to students with high speed internet at home, but not every student has internet at home, or a decent computer, etc, so they dont have the same educational opportunities as people who have all those things. There are lots of layers to all these issues.

I would venture to guess that the best teachers tend to want to teach at the best schools. I'm sure thats not true around the board, but I dont think I am going out on a limb with that. But it also has to do with resources at schools, not just teachers. I am sure there are plenty of good teachers at poorer schools, but many of those schools also lack in a lot of modern educational tools. But it isnt just about schools, look at the situation now with schools being shut down. Online learning is no big deal to students with high speed internet at home, but not every student has internet at home, or a decent computer, etc, so they dont have the same educational opportunities as people who have all those things. There are lots of layers to all these issues.

Eh, maybe on some of these points but - recently in Orlando teachers were offered an additional 20,000 a year to teach at a couple of the low income schools as part of some federal or state program (don’t remember what it was) so there’s definitely good teachers working at every school (and bad at every school I’m sure). In terms of educational materials, it’s the same at every Orange County school - some of the “poor” schools have recently had renovations done and look amazing too, but the teachers have the same resources. Distance learning should not have been an issue - students in every middle/Hs in Orlando have a laptop issued to them (all year not just during the pandemic) and spectrum provided high speed internet for free for any student that didn’t have internet at home. There are programs like this that go on all the time but spectrum really stepped up the last few months. And yes I’m only speaking locally, I have no idea what happens elsewhere but there are always programs available to help schools/students.

Reactions: DAiello18
Eh, maybe on some of these points but - recently in Orlando teachers were offered an additional 20,000 a year to teach at a couple of the low income schools as part of some federal or state program (don’t remember what it was) so there’s definitely good teachers working at every school (and bad at every school I’m sure). In terms of educational materials, it’s the same at every Orange County school - some of the “poor” schools have recently had renovations done and look amazing too, but the teachers have the same resources. Distance learning should not have been an issue - students in every middle/Hs in Orlando have a laptop issued to them (all year not just during the pandemic) and spectrum provided high speed internet for free for any student that didn’t have internet at home. There are programs like this that go on all the time but spectrum really stepped up the last few months. And yes I’m only speaking locally, I have no idea what happens elsewhere but there are always programs available to help schools/students.

That might be true as of now, and is a good thing. But If they are paying teachers $20k extra to work at specific schools, it is obviously because they didnt feel they could find enough qualified teachers to work there at the more standard pay to begin with. And I dont think giving every student a laptop has been going on that long, in most places at least. So down the road all of this sort of thing could certainly be a positive with regards to this issue, but it doesnt really impact the people who have already been through those systems and are now young adults, or adults in general. Historically speaking, all public schools, even within the same towns, have not provided the same level of education for a variety of reasons, and sometimes it isnt even close, but that doesnt mean it cant get better.

Self ban.

That is literally the most racist thing that has ever been said on this or any other board.

I am all for Joe the sniffer Biden banning himself.

As for the Schools, I have no doubt the best teachers don't want to go to the poorest schools, but also think 90% of the problem is the homes the kids grow up in and the expectations placed on the kids at home, and in the neighborhoods the grow up in.

That might be true as of now, and is a good thing. But If they are paying teachers $20k extra to work at specific schools, it is obviously because they didnt feel they could find enough qualified teachers to work there at the more standard pay to begin with. And I dont think giving every student a laptop has been going on that long, in most places at least. So down the road all of this sort of thing could certainly be a positive with regards to this issue, but it doesnt really impact the people who have already been through those systems and are now young adults, or adults in general. Historically speaking, all public schools, even within the same towns, have not provided the same level of education for a variety of reasons, and sometimes it isnt even close, but that doesnt mean it cant get better.

Schools are only as good as the parents behind the kids coming in. Period. You can have great teachers, OK teachers, or bad teachers in a given school, it's not homogenous. The kid in that school will learn and succeed based upon whether they have parent(s) back home that reinforce learning as a priority. Right now, there are way, way too many kids going home to parent(s) that don't give a shit. And worse, those kids bring that attitude in with them every day and try to disrupt the kids who are there to learn.

Schools are only as good as the parents behind the kids coming in. Period. You can have great teachers, OK teachers, or bad teachers in a given school, it's not homogenous. The kid in that school will learn and succeed based upon whether they have parent(s) back home that reinforce learning as a priority. Right now, there are way, way too many kids going home to parent(s) that don't give a shit. And worse, those kids bring that attitude in with them every day and try to disrupt the kids who are there to learn.

100%. There’s been a push over the last 5-10 years to avoid suspensions as well - if a school has high suspension numbers it is looked at as a “negative.” The theory is based on “missed educational time.” Ok, makes sense - but these kids that are there to mess around aren’t getting anything out of the educational time anyway and are just disrupting those that want to learn.

this is honestly such and sad and depressing moment. there was an real opportunity for change in the police structure in america.

if they had pushed for meaningful police reform instead of this defund the police, then i think we couldve had some meaningful change.

the longer this goes on, the more likely it is to stay the same.

Reactions: Crazyhole
if they had pushed for meaningful police reform instead of this defund the police, then i think we couldve had some meaningful change.
Wayne? If you listen to its proponents, the 'Defund the Police' movement is about meaningful police reform.

The very notion its about eliminating police forces is absurd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT