ADVERTISEMENT

Delicious Bull Tears Mega Thread

SMU offering to play for free is savvy af. They realize the window of opportunity to move up is closing and contraction is happening. They have the booster money committed, if they want to be in the whatever remains of the P4 they gotta act now. People are making fun of them but I see it as full commitment and their Hail Mary. Respect ✊🏼
I read while not getting ACC media money, they will get money from the CFI, NCAA Tourney. They are expected to get paid more than they would playing in the AAC. Very savvy move.

I watched the whole usf WKU game. It looked and had the feel of a bad CUSA game. Oh wait, it basically was a CUSA game.

But really, WKU looked terrible and so did usf.

• Haha
Reactions: LemmyKilmister
Compared to last year, USF looked better. Whether or not that's good enough to defeat Rice or Charlotte, only time will tell.

Wyoming marching on TT!

I watched the whole usf WKU game. It looked and had the feel of a bad CUSA game. Oh wait, it basically was a CUSA game.

But really, WKU looked terrible and so did usf.
That was pretty much the sentiment from what I was reading in the USF Bulls Pen. They were not impressed with what they watched.

• Haha
Reactions: LemmyKilmister
I love how they denigrate the Big 12 every chance they get...

....A conference filled with teams no one wanted

....miles behind the ACC which is going to invite us any day now

Uhh we just added 4 AAU schools, best basketball conference in the country, have two national champions to your 0 and oh yea, making a helluva lot more money than you in the joke of the AAC, which just lost it's biggest "brand".

There might be 29,000 “paid” tickets but only half of that was showing up so less parking and concessions money than projected.

Also to the point above, the quoted interest rate for borrowing $200M has gone from 5.5% to 7% since the projections were done.

All that for a tiny tot 35,000 seat stadium

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
risking bankrupting your University to build a stadium

This is a huge red flag and risk to the olympic sports impacting the success of their athletes and coaches. Basically it's saying if USiF can't pay back the stadium debt based on their now 4x projected performance revenue or expected fundraising goals/donations goals, budget cuts to the athletic programs will be required to supplment the loan repayments. The football and basketball programs will not take the hit.

Looking ahead, we're headed to a P2/P4 conference alignment. These big pay-out games for the G6 will no longer exist or dry-up. The Bamas, Gators, Noles...etc will no longer have a reason to play many OOCs because they're adding additional members to their conference. FSU can now go play SMU or Cal as a "warm-up" game and keep the money in the conference. I just don't see the typical USiF fan paying priority seating to go watch Noth Texas, Rice, UTSA, Tulsa, and Temple. This stadium is a financial disaster waiting to happen. The BOGs need to pull the plug, or USiF needs to go back to the drawing board and reduce their costs. Unfortunately, their ego to out-do UCF's stadium will inhibit their better judgement.

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
There might be 29,000 “paid” tickets but only half of that was showing up so less parking and concessions money than projected.

Also to the point above, the quoted interest rate for borrowing $200M has gone from 5.5% to 7% since the projections were done.

They may not get a rake of parking and concessions.

Have they gotten the OK to start the building phase (still needs to designed) or do they need another vote?

This is a huge red flag and risk to the olympic sports impacting the success of their athletes and coaches. Basically it's saying if USiF can't pay back the stadium debt based on their now 4x projected performance revenue or expected fundraising goals/donations goals, budget cuts to the athletic programs will be required to supplment the loan repayments. The football and basketball programs will not take the hit.

Looking ahead, we're headed to a P2/P4 conference alignment. These big pay-out games for the G6 will no longer exist or dry-up. The Bamas, Gators, Noles...etc will no longer have a reason to play many OOCs because they're adding additional members to their conference. FSU can now go play SMU or Cal as a "warm-up" game and keep the money in the conference. I just don't see the typical USiF fan paying priority seating to go watch Noth Texas, Rice, UTSA, Tulsa, and Temple. This stadium is a financial disaster waiting to happen. The BOGs need to pull the plug, or USiF needs to go back to the drawing board and reduce their costs. Unfortunately, their ego to out-do UCF's stadium will inhibit their better judgement.
They just announced a $25 million donation from TGH so I doubt they pull back. but risking going into your endowment is a big red flag

they did this too late . they are reactionary and it probably leads to them being left behind for good. SMU got the last ladder out

Whoa..1.5% interest rate increase is huge. I’m not a finance major who can amortize that out, but that’s got to now cost way more than the $18 million annual payment they projected. That’s not small.

The committee making those unrealistic revenue projections is gross negligence to say the least. They should use conservative projections not the “best case scenario” projections. Gross negligence.

Reactions: major.tom.foolery
They just announced a $25 million donation from TGH so I doubt they pull back. but risking going into your endowment is a big red flag

they did this too late . they are reactionary and it probably leads to them being left behind for good. SMU got the last ladder out
If they don't get appproval, do they have to give the money back?

to those UCF fans that have felt bad for them this is them still searching for a D1 win.

As per the usual, idiot community college of Tampa fan gets confused by facts. The $25M that the hospital is turning over is NOT a gift but a purchase of naming rights for the new athletic complex (not the stadium). We have corporate deals like that as well…..these are the idiots that actually get degrees over there that end up with fast food jobs because the degrees are worthless.

Reactions: DrPhillipsKnight
I do give them credit for convincing the big money heavy hitters to invest in them. $25 Million after getting left behind in Conference Realignment maybe for good. I am sure UCF has more individual donors but the heavy hitters of Orlando still don’t support us that way. would be nice to have Universal throw UCF a big check

I do give them credit for convincing the big money heavy hitters to invest in them. $25 Million after getting left behind in Conference Realignment maybe for good. I am sure UCF has more individual donors but the heavy hitters of Orlando still don’t support us that way. would be nice to have Universal throw UCF a big check
Don’t hold your breath. I believe Universal is owned by Comcast, which is notoriously one the CHEAPEST corporations in existence.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
It was for naming rights, no? We've been there, done that.

Bama benching Milroe after Texas made little sense when the other 2 QBs looked that bad. Never count out Saban but that looked like the worst Bama team since his first season

• Haha
Reactions: U C to the F
Didn't watch, but knew exactly how the game would be explained....... Worst Bama team. No credit to usf defense. Probably exactly correct, since it is crap usf, but that's exactly why no usf fan can take any credit. Alabama is vastly overrated. By now, many decade old plus UCF fans can prophecy the exact phrases used by the press when something like this happens. (again didn't see the game so don't know if they are actually bad or if that crap usf team can actually play defense.)

Didn't watch, but knew exactly how the game would be explained....... Worst Bama team. No credit to usf defense. Probably exactly correct, since it is crap usf, but that's exactly why no usf fan can take any credit. Alabama is vastly overrated. By now, many decade old plus UCF fans can prophecy the exact phrases used by the press when something like this happens. (again didn't see the game so don't know if they are actually bad or if that crap usf team can actually play defense.)
They are actually bad with a very bad OL and QB. usf is also very bad and their offense is awful. They might have the worst and slowest WRs in FBS, mixed in with a terrible OL and a qb who isn’t accurate. Oh and a head coach who was hired for his offense that wasn’t actually his offense. The play calling has been bad for usf.

poo-poopoo.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT