ADVERTISEMENT

Delicious Bull Tears Mega Thread

what they would have going for them is that they want the FCS final in a smaller venue. raymond james would be too big.

The average announced attendance at the FCS championship games has been around 19k. Which means probably more like 12-15k. Tickets start at $150. The average expenses of the venue are $450k, so say $500k. Ticket sales probably around $2m. Dont know what they would have to pay to get the bid, but there is some money there.

Anything to bring in a few bucks for their overpriced high school sized stadium they can’t afford

My nephew goes to USiF and noted many of the students are pissed about investing in a stadium when they don’t have working elevators in the buildings. He even jokes about how abysmal their athletics are and what little interest resonates w/the student body. He is also considering transferring to UCF if funding is available as they gave him a bunch of scholarship money to go to school there which can be hard to give up. As a commuter student, he goes on-site for classes and spends as little time on campus as possible. More to come.
from word of mouth I heard they have improved amenities on campus some (trying to copy the ucf model) but I still haven’t heard that it has changed much when it comes to the culture and environment On Campus. stale campus layout and area for college students. UCF feels so much more alive and bustling in comparison

Not sure why their bid would be accepted when the stadium doesn't even exist. U of SW Tampa hasn't even shown they can effectively host one of their own games, much less a championship game of any sort. I would think the winning venue would have to show a record of pulling off several games without any problems.

• Haha
Reactions: knight_tracker
Not sure why their bid would be accepted when the stadium doesn't even exist. U of SW Tampa hasn't even shown they can effectively host one of their own games, much less a championship game of any sort. I would think the winning venue would have to show a record of pulling off several games without any problems.
They want to be able to legitimately use the slogan, "Championships are played here!" Until they host a championship game at their stadium, they cannot use it. Its easier to host a championship game than earn your way into one.

Reactions: Shark19
For me personally, I think the appeal of hating on usf is dying out. It’s like…I just don’t care. I hate to admit that, I’ve had so much joy in the shit show that is usf athletics has been in the last couple decades of accomplishing nothing. I haven’t even gone to their CowPen in weeks, b/c I just don’t care…

Again, for me, I feel like we have settled in so well with the Big12 (so far), leaving the AAC behind and I have genuinely enjoyed the football and basketball seasons so far. The level of competition, fan interest and national exposure is such a game changer. Who would have thought basketball would have such an awesome environment? Next year will be even better with the 4 corners joining, that schedule sets up awesome. Getting excited for baseball/softball season as well, the Big12 has me excited for all other sports also.

The level of competition, fan interest and national exposure is such a game changer. Who would have thought basketball would have such an awesome environment? Next year will be even better with the 4 corners joining, that schedule sets up awesome. Getting excited for baseball/softball season as well, the Big12 has me excited for all other sports also.
Fo-sho.

I have never been this excited about conference basketball in all my time. Never followed it this closely along with the REST of the conference games. Couldn't have cared less for ECU vs. RICE.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight59
For me personally, I think the appeal of hating on usf is dying out. It’s like…I just don’t care. I hate to admit that, I’ve had so much joy in the shit show that is usf athletics has been in the last couple decades of accomplishing nothing. I haven’t even gone to their CowPen in weeks, b/c I just don’t care…

Again, for me, I feel like we have settled in so well with the Big12 (so far), leaving the AAC behind and I have genuinely enjoyed the football and basketball seasons so far. The level of competition, fan interest and national exposure is such a game changer. Who would have thought basketball would have such an awesome environment? Next year will be even better with the 4 corners joining, that schedule sets up awesome. Getting excited for baseball/softball season as well, the Big12 has me excited for all other sports also.

Home basketball game environments Have been AWESOME! We just need to start winning the close ones.

There is something about being in the B12 that distracts from it. But then some cow says something stupid on Twitter and I can't help myself. The draw to me is that they are still as smug and condescending as they were in 2007. They continue to act like they are better than the AAC despite not doing a damn thing since joining the conference.

Why I argued against playing them in football at all. We are seeing how different the feel is getting settled into the Big 12. UCF is slowly getting the rep as the ‘fun new member’ and visiting fans seem to really enjoy visiting UCF. What USF needs to advance to the Power 4 is more wins and to get the decision makers to equate them with UCF. Why help them and rev up their fanbase? The best strategy is to let them talk to themselves how great they are while the decision makers decide that 4 Power Programs is enough for one State. I hope Terry agrees with this.

Last edited:
Why I argued against playing them in football at all. We are seeing how different the feel is getting settled into the Big 12. UCF is slowly getting the rep as the ‘fun new member’ and visiting fans seem to really enjoy visiting UCF. What USF needs to advance to the Power 4 is more wins and to get the decision makers to equate them with UCF. Why help them and rev up their fanbase? The best strategy is to let them talk to themselves how great they are while the decision makers decide that 4 Power Programs is enough for one State. I hope Terry agrees with this.
As time goes on, I've been feeling that way as well. I wanted to keep playing them because I just wanted to see UCF pound them into the dirt and just rack up another W. Just to rub salt in the wound because I still remember the 64-3 loss when they were riding high. How that pendulum swung back and hit them hard. However, I agree in that I just don't care about them anymore either. I think I can equate them to a lost sock - I've lost the will to hold on to it and find the missing one. If the missing one ever shows up again, I'll just throw it away as well.

The delusional fan base once again making friends on social media. At least the rest of college athletics can now relate to us.

B10 has plenty of options. In Fl there is FSU, and UM(AAU), In Atlanta is GA tech (aau), NC, Duke, and VA are also AAU. I just can't see them looking to USF. That said USF would make great backfill in ACC if they lose more than 3 schools.

If all it takes is AAU, hellooo Buffalo. They've been it for much longer than usf. In fact, there's options that actually play football- Tulane, Pitt, ASU, Utah, oh and there's Rice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT