ADVERTISEMENT

DeSantis and Higher Education in FL

DeSantis' decision to take on The College Board is a real head-scratcher. It makes less sense than his attack on Disney.
Yep. At least the Disney stuff is within the state of Florida for the most part, but the college board is national and other governors have already pushed back. He needs to fire whoever is advising him or his chance of ever being president is zero to none.

Reactions: DaShuckster
This is what I find hilarious about republicans. They claim to hate "big government". They think the less government interference, the better....yet when an aggressive Republican like DeSantis comes into power, they don't question government control at all.

this is insane . even a few apolitical people are like wtf leave UCF alone.

on top of the ramifications this could have if DeSantis starts picking on UCF is that our University’s name is now being circulated among the extreme Right Social Media eco system. that always worries me

UCF complied???!? Wow. 😲
This is what I mean. Our medical records are supposed to be private right? What's sad is that many people will ignore this b/c he is asking for medical records of trans students, but that's where it starts. Do you think they will stop at just trans students? EVERY Republican should be pissed off about this based on their hatred for "Big Government".

HIPAA violation

If you believe that a HIPAA-covered entity or its business associate violated your (or someone else's) health information privacy rights or committed another violation of the Privacy, Security, or Breach Notification Rules, you may file a complaint with the Office for Civil Rights (OCR).

"A covered entity must obtain the individual's written authorization for any use or disclosure of protected health information that is not for treatment, payment or health care operations or otherwise permitted or required by the Privacy Rule."

It's pretty funny, as well, how @UCFBS has 100% dodged this thread. I know it's only been open for a month, but he's probably autistically screeched Hillary Clinton's name 7,000 times in that same timeframe. Hunter Biden's as well.

Can you imagine if Biden or Obama opened up trans students' records like this? Can you picture this? It would be rage and terror worse than if the Golden Coral ran out of gravy.

And save the "WAHHHHHHHH!!! THE CABAL TAGGED MEEEE!!!!!! WAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! THEY CAN'T LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!! I'M SVELTE AND INNOCENT!!!!!!! WAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

Hypocrite.

Last edited:
Imagine this guy being president. He’s way too opinionated, headstrong and unwilling to listen. I would NEVER vote for him

Imagine this guy being president. He’s way too opinionated, headstrong and unwilling to listen. I would NEVER vote for him
And this is why Democrats will achieve their objectives and generally carry all of the elections from here on out. Because Republicans will not vote for someone if the find something they can disagree with while democrats will vote for anyone that they think cares about the one issue they’re passionate about.

And this is why Democrats will achieve their objectives and generally carry all of the elections from here on out. Because Republicans will not vote for someone if the find something they can disagree with while democrats will vote for anyone that they think cares about the one issue they’re passionate about.
Lol. This was sarcasm right? You couldn’t find anything disagreeable about the last person you voted for prez? Twice.

I’ll vote for who I think is best to run this country and it’s not going to be Biden, Trump or Desantis. Once again, we can’t seem to find a strong leader without an agenda that doesn’t divide the country

You mean like abortion and guns?

• Haha
I’ll vote for who I think is best to run this country and it’s not going to be Biden, Trump or Desantis. Once again, we can’t seem to find a strong leader without an agenda that doesn’t divide the country
You'd think an American President supporting Ukraine in the wake of a Russian invasion would be 'an agenda' that unites the country.

You guys can say what you want about 'Dementia Joe' but riding a train through a war zone for ten hours to go to Keiv and show his personal support to the Ukrainian people was a pretty gutzy act if you ask me.

You'd think an American President supporting Ukraine in the wake of a Russian invasion would be 'an agenda' that unites the country.

You guys can say what you want about 'Dementia Joe' but riding a train through a war zone for ten hours to go to Keiv and show his personal support to the Ukrainian people was a pretty gutzy act if you ask me.
Basically following what the rest of the world/NATO is doing with Ukraine (minus a few rogue countries) and taking a visit to Ukraine hardly qualifies as being a strong leader or uniting the country. Both are basically the basics of being POTUS

those other leaders visiting didn’t have the same effect w Moscow as a U.S President visiting . saw a few caps/clips where Russian State TV hosts actually looked shaken up. Bc without us the alliance of support falls apart

Not sure why they were shaken up. What did they expect? We have consistently showed our support and Biden walking freely was no different than Boris Johnson and Zelensky (a more risky visit at the time IMO) other than that he was the POTUS

What I’m basically saying is that we shouldn’t confuse what a president is EXPECTED to do with being a GREAT PRESIDENT and a STRONG leader. I don’t think that most AMERICANS or FOREIGNERS would classify him as either.

those other leaders visiting didn’t have the same effect w Moscow as a U.S President visiting . saw a few caps/clips where Russian State TV hosts actually looked shaken up. Bc without us the alliance of support falls apart
To put Biden's action in perspective, it wasn't that long ago that his predecessor, Putin-toadie Trump, wanted the US to pull out of NATO entirely. If we learned anything about the European wars of the last century, it should be that the US tried the "we don't need to be involved" thing after WWI. Sitting on our hands, contributed to WWII.

Be it Germany's Hitler or Russia's Putin, when countries sit back and do nothing when they make a land-grab, the inevitable response is "Oh, I got away with it? There was no push back? I guess I can keep pushing the envelope!" THANK GOD Trump left office before another major Nazi-like land-grab took place this century.
What I’m basically saying is that we shouldn’t confuse what a president is EXPECTED to do with being a GREAT PRESIDENT and a STRONG leader.
Most people assumed Zalensky would skedaddle out of the country the minute the Russian invasion started. Instead he stayed home and basically told the West, 'I don't need an asylum, I need allies.' That fearless act changed everything.

No one here is boasting what a great leader Biden is or that Biden's bravery matches Zalensky's. But most people would have assumed the President's security team would never allow Biden to step foot into a war zone -- let alone spend ten hours totally vulnerable on a train when we informed the Russians of what he was doing in advance. Biden basically dared Putin to blow him up.

I 'get' that politics colors everything anymore. But when The Leader of the Free World steps up and risks his life to show the Ukrainian people, the Russian people, and our NATO allies the degree of his commitment to Ukraine, I think that's a pretty big deal and the kind of thing a strong leader does.

Cool it skippy, save that keyboard warrior nonsense for the bullspeedpen 😂

Get eachother's number and settle it like ladies.

Otherwise drink a beer, we're 30 days away from spring game.
Looks like some village idiot has already been drinking. It’s in mid-April

Take your nonsense to the Parking Spot and talk to yourself in there.

But most people would have assumed the President's security team would never allow Biden to step foot into a war zone -- let alone spend ten hours totally vulnerable on a train when we informed the Russians of what he was doing in advance. Biden basically dared Putin to blow him up.
First of all, that’s a foolish move if true. They could have made it look like an accident and WE lose all the way around

It basically potentially shows where 2 leaders are. At this point Zelensky has been pretty lucky. We compromised HIS security as well

I think that's a pretty big deal and the kind of thing a strong leader does.
That’s your opinion. Boris Johnson and others did it MONTHS ago. We have shown our commitment way before that

Once again, we differ that he’s a strong leader and what one is.

Take your nonsense to the Parking Spot and talk to yourself in there.
YEAH, you'd THINK UCFloridaTech would know better. :)
Once again, we differ that he’s a strong leader and what one is.
Okie Dokie. It just struck me last Sunday as something Ronald "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall" Reagan would have done if he were President today.

Okie Dokie. It just struck me last Sunday as something Ronald "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall" Reagan would have done if he were President today.
Not completely convinced that Trump would have done it, but he’s not on my list of good/strong leaders/presidents either if it makes you feel better. At this point, I don’t think Biden is so scared of risking his life as crazy as that sounds. Probably a little more bold than years ago.

Would he have done it at 50? Who knows

Not completely convinced that Trump would have done it...
I'm convinced that if Trump had won reelection, Ukraine would be part of Russia by now, NATO would have been neutered, and the free people of the Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Poland would be fearful that Russian tanks would be rolling into their countries next.

A big example that elections do have consequences.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Lol, the parking spot. 30, 50... gold jacket, green jacket who gives a... 😂
images

The parking spot. We “got you covered.”

Cool it skippy, save that keyboard warrior nonsense for the bullspeedpen 😂

Get eachother's number and settle it like ladies.

Otherwise drink a beer, we're 30 days away from spring game.
When is it going to register with all 67 of your IQ points that the only two things people do in a parking lot are park their cars or pay your sister to leave?

And MYOB. I wasn't talking to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ucfmikes
RE: Poolside Knight's post above.

I don't get it. How in the world do actions like these and others we've seen in Florida help Governor DeSantis in his expected bid for the Presidency?

No doubt it's helping him raise money from batsh*t crazy MAGAs with money for a Presidential run.

BUT COME ON! There's no way he could put a positive spin on this sh*t for the votes of moderate Republicans, independents or Democrats in a general election.

RE: Poolside Knight's post above.

I don't get it. How in the world do actions like these and others we've seen in Florida help Governor DeSantis in his expected bid for the Presidency?

No doubt it's helping him raise money from batsh*t crazy MAGAs with money for a Presidential run.

BUT COME ON! There's no way he could put a positive spin on this sh*t for the votes of moderate Republicans, independents or Democrats in a general election.
They don't. He lives in an anti woke bubble and my guess is this stuff is going to come back to bite him in ass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT