ADVERTISEMENT

DeSantis and Higher Education in FL

Jesus what a pathetic little bitch. He's willing to throw away the states #1 tourist attraction and money generating machine over his ego. This is the exact antithesis of true leadership.
He is going to end up being a case study on how to ruin a Presidential campaign before it even really starts. He is making some really dumb decisions.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
I have said from day one that Disney is a fight DeSantis won’t win and will expose him for the fraud he is. IF he decides to run for president he is gonna face tough questions about this fight with Disney that I don’t believe he has answers to.

I have said from day one that Disney is a fight DeSantis won’t win and will expose him for the fraud he is. IF he decides to run for president he is gonna face tough questions about this fight with Disney that I don’t believe he has answers to.
I am kind of wondering if he is even going to run. I think he will, but he has no chance, so wouldn't shock me if he is just milking a potential Presidential run, but never actually ends up declaring. And some of these decisions he is making are only making him less likely to be a major contender, and he has to know that.

And some of these decisions he is making are only making him less likely to be a major contender, and he has to know that.
Does he though? I don't get it. Its obvious DeSantis has Presidential aspirations. So WHY would he and his braintrust make decisions guaranteed to harm his chances in a general election?

Does he though? I don't get it. Its obvious DeSantis has Presidential aspirations. So WHY would he and his braintrust make decisions guaranteed to harm his chances in a general election?
I think it is possible he knows he can't beat Trump and decides not to run, but he still wants as much attention as possible to hopefully carry over towards 2028, and to also sell his book. I think he will end up running, but the decisions he has been making do not come across as someone gearing up for a serious run, so wouldn't shock me if he never actually declares. Even several Republicans are starting to speak out against him with the disney stuff, he has to know this isnt a popular position, even within many in his own party.

Last edited:
Desantis will build a pedos only prison next to Disney. He’s also toying with the idea of dumping raw sewage into seven seas lagoon.

• Haha
You severely underestimate how braindead much of the GOP base is. Someone who incited a Capitol insurrection, will never concede a political defeat, and is currently under indictment is the frontrunner for the 2024 nomination. The only person on the planet who has shown more public pettiness than Desantis is perhaps the former president himself.

You severely underestimate how braindead much of the GOP base is. Someone who incited a Capitol insurrection, will never concede a political defeat, and is currently under indictment is the frontrunner for the 2024 nomination.
Seriously, if you had predicted this scenario for the GOP just ten years ago, folks would've said you were off your rocker.

It's mindboggling to see how far the party has fallen in such little time. You wonder when the adults in the room are going to 'grow a pair' and step up and take over again?

Seriously, if you had predicted this scenario for the GOP just ten years ago, folks would've said you were off your rocker.

It's mindboggling to see how far the party has fallen in such little time. You wonder when the adults in the room are going to 'grow a pair' and step up and take over again?
You severely underestimate how braindead much of the GOP base is. Someone who incited a Capitol insurrection, will never concede a political defeat, and is currently under indictment is the frontrunner for the 2024 nomination. The only person on the planet who has shown more public pettiness than Desantis is perhaps the former president himself.

Its a cult

Since millions of people throughout the entire country and world have been to Disney or aspire to visit one day, it will most certainly crush Desantis’ popularity and presidential chances by screwing with them

It basically just adds to his big, bad, bully, tyrant persona.

It is one thing to be worried about something said in 3rd grade but at the college level this is ridiculous and dangerous. UCF professors changing names of courses to avoid getting hassled by our Governor’s administration. And if UCF tells them to F off we probably end up with Randy Fine as our University President the way things are going

He's providing low calorie banter and reducing the challenges of providing an acceptable education to culture wars which is designed to do nothing but garner votes for him from a certain demographic he thinks will push him over the top in an election. I believe it's a flawed strategy that at best will get him a nomination but lose in the general.

Where does he stand on actually improving education? Providing pre-k to our children, incorporating proven educational practices rather than teaching to the test, supporting our teachers with higher pay, creating learning environments that support hungry children?

Or does he support continuing to pay 1 million dollars to maintain Guantanamo prison which continues to hold prisoners without charges, and promote torture practices such as force feeding inmates (He's on the record there)?

Or does he support banning books,

You guys echo a lot of criticism about a politician you think is certainly going to lose the next election he participates in. Why?

You guys echo a lot of criticism about a politician you think is certainly going to lose the next election he participates in. Why?
Because he is a current politician doing some crazy stuff. Just because he will likely lose in the future, doesn't mean we can't discuss what he is doing now. Why shouldn't we keep up with, and discuss what politicians are doing?

Because he is a current politician doing some crazy stuff. Just because he will likely lose in the future, doesn't mean we can't discuss what he is doing now. Why shouldn't we keep up with, and discuss what politicians are doing?
The unbiased bootlicker has spoken. His opinion is better than yours. He’s independent.

"idiot politician does idiotic things, why you mad?"

🤣 JFC these cultists get dumber every day.

He is the Governor of the State most of us live in and passing policy that affects UCF. Also he is a potential candidate for POTUS even if it seems like a longshot today

He is the Governor of the State most of us live in and passing policy that affects UCF. Also he is a potential candidate for POTUS even if it seems like a longshot today
I Hate You Lol GIF by Lifetime

Stop picking on him.

• Haha
Reactions: DaShuckster

Hello Trump

a teacher is under investigation for showing a disney movie, and the woman who complained literally signed a permission slip to let her child watch. Your state is becoming nuttier by the day.

Reactions: DaShuckster
The scary thing about all this Trump/DeSantis/McCarthy/MTG craziness is that any rational educated person has to know that strategy is never going to win any national elections. So it would appear they don't care. It's all about charging up their base. But for what?

Given what we're seeing, you HAVE to ask? Is the MAGA Cult preparing to step up the insurrectionist crap (riot-wise or thru Republican-controlled legislatures) Trump and his Cronies instigated after he lost the 2020 election? Nowadays, it's not a stretch of the imagination to wonder what's the real reason behind their silence regarding the banning of AK-15 military assault rifes.

As Marjorie Taylor Green has said, "it's time for Civil War!" For most of us, such hyperbole provides a LOL moment. But MTG and all the nutjobs like her are dead serious.

It couldn't help but be real. Not only is it a concern to faculty, it's got to be an embarrassment to alums of Florida's public universities.

Like the backlash to trashing Roe v Wade, they'll be a backlash to DeSantis' education crappola in Florida too.

I would like to see, specifically, what it is that they are intending to teach.

Bob is in the politics thread in the dungeon telling us all about how much slaves benefitted from the skills they learned as slaves. They got free horseback riding lessons, singing and dancing, and they learned how to escape. So much benefit.

I am a human being first not a colored skin creature. My experience doesn't matter anymore with ALL these supposed wonderful new classes that refuse to allow ALL people to share their opinions and experiences without being shouted down.

The sad thing about these supposed wonderful new WOKE classes is that MORE racism is being produced. This is occurring in a country where there are more and more people of mixed ethnicity. How do these WOKE classes handle this? They have some people looking down others they aren't 100% purebloods.

Bottom line is I'm not seeing a move forward with CRT training. Actually the opposite because CRT is NOT a Gospel message (message of redemption) not even close.

I am a human being first not a colored skin creature. My experience doesn't matter anymore with ALL these supposed wonderful new classes that refuse to allow ALL people to share their opinions and experiences without being shouted down.

The sad thing about these supposed wonderful new WOKE classes is that MORE racism is being produced. This is occurring in a country where there are more and more people of mixed ethnicity. How do these WOKE classes handle this? They have some people looking down others they aren't 100% purebloods.

Bottom line is I'm not seeing a move forward with CRT training. Actually the opposite because CRT is NOT a Gospel message (message of redemption) not even close.
What in the flying f*ck are you blabbering about?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT