ADVERTISEMENT

Desantis considering sitting out '24?

Let me rephrase. He plays the hits that rally the Trump base without “the woe is me the election was stolen” blues. And would have the backing of the Republican establishment in a way I don’t think Trump ever got. He’s a far more dangerous candidate.
I totally agree. Desantis and Trump like to wield similar levels of power in the way a dictator would. The difference is, Trump was a bit sloppy and clumsy with this wielding of power. Desantis is super sharp, and knows how to wield this power in such a calculated, almost evil way. He did exactly what it took to rile up the base down here, and that got him to last night’s blowout. I find him to be as equally a reprehensible human being as Trump is, but I don’t think his base will tire of him like they have of Trump. Those factors make him very dangerous in a general election. He knows that he won’t be able to press exactly the same buttons that he has down here.

The Dems are in a tough spot moving forward for 2024. We have no “superstars” ready to take the stage by storm like Obama did. I think, unfortunately, Desantis beats Biden in some of those swing states that Trump lost in, as long as he tones down the “woke” talk crap.

Reactions: Ace of Knights
I totally agree. Desantis and Trump like to wield similar levels of power in the way a dictator would. The difference is, Trump was a bit sloppy and clumsy with this wielding of power. Desantis is super sharp, and knows how to wield this power in such a calculated, almost evil way. He did exactly what it took to rile up the base down here, and that got him to last night’s blowout. I find him to be as equally a reprehensible human being as Trump is, but I don’t think his base will tire of him like they have of Trump. Those factors make him very dangerous in a general election. He knows that he won’t be able to press exactly the same buttons that he has down here.

The Dems are in a tough spot moving forward for 2024. We have no “superstars” ready to take the stage by storm like Obama did. I think, unfortunately, Desantis beats Biden in some of those swing states that Trump lost in, as long as he tones down the “woke” talk crap.
100%. He can be Trumpy when he needs to be to rile up the base, but can bend and change his rhetoric when the times call for it. Sure he’s got an ego like all politicians but unlike Trump it doesn’t consume him to the point of making everything about him all the time. He’s completely bullied Florida politics into submission.

I can’t stand him personally, but recognize how dangerous an opponent he is for the democrats.

Reactions: Retnuhrace
DeSantis can take '24 with minorities. He's probably the most popular Republican candidate since Reagan, even more so with Hispanic-Americans.

"The Big Lie" is how more and more Hispanic-Americans are viewing the left on immigration.

DeSantis can take '24 with minorities. He's probably the most popular Republican candidate since Reagan, even more so with Hispanic-Americans.
DeSantis can take '24 with minorities???!? Welcome to the crazy wet dreams of UCFBS.

In 2020 87% of Blacks and 65% of Hispanics voted for Biden compared to 12% and 32% for Trump.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
DeSantis can take '24 with minorities???!? Welcome to the crazy wet dreams of UCFBS.

In 2020 87% of Blacks and 65% of Hispanics voted for Biden compared to 12% and 32% for Trump.
may be correct about FL Hispanics but the community is not a monolith. Hispanics voting patterns are very different in California, Arizona, and Nevada compared to Florida

I would love some MAGA-type to explain to me how further restricting abortion rights in Florida is a winning strategy for DeSantis.

It's like knuckleheads like Trump and DeSantis each want to prove to the base that they are The Chosen One while seemingly forgetting that doesn't mean diddily-squat if their unpopular, nutjob policies won't win for them in a general election.

Here's another example of the staunch proponents of 'limited government' at work. Who could have ever imagined DeSantis's WOKE Act was unconstitutional, right guys?*

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT