ADVERTISEMENT

DeSantis: Florida shouldn’t ‘monkey this up’

And here I thought maybe a week would pass before Democrats started insisting that everything that this guy says is racist. Nope. 12 hours is all it took.

Reactions: 1ofTheseKnights
And here I thought maybe a week would pass before Democrats started insisting that everything that this guy says is racist. Nope. 12 hours is all it took.

It's politics. Latching on to sound clips is campaigning 101.

Trump's whole candidacy was lying and taking insulting jabs at people. DeSantis will likely do the same.

This should be a really interesting race. It's Ultra-right v. Ultra-left.

extremely poor choice of words and that doesnt inspire much confidence in his leadership ability.

Gillum's entire office in Tallahassee is under FBI investigation for widespread corruption, up to and including Gillum's staffers taking kick backs and bribes from contractors with indictments looming......

Honestly, if you think what he said was racist, then you're just looking for anything to hang your hat on in terms of racism. It's really innocuous.

However, the guy is basically running *AS* Trump

For a guy with a degree from Harvard and Yale, he sure does stick his foot in his mouth a lot. The "that girl" Ocasio comes to mind. His achilles heal is that he'll come off as a douchebag. Teaching your kids to build a wall is funny in the primary but it might add to the douchebag narrative.

It's politics. Latching on to sound clips is campaigning 101.

Trump's whole candidacy was lying and taking insulting jabs at people. DeSantis will likely do the same.

This should be a really interesting race. It's Ultra-right v. Ultra-left.

Not true at all. DeSantis may be an ardent supporter of Trump but he's not even remotely cut from the same cloth.

The guy graduated from Yale, got a law degree from Harvard, became a Navy JAG lawyer, was then sent to Fallujah attached to SEAL Team One, came back to the US and ascended to the rank of Lieutenant Commander, and then was awarded the Bronze Star for his time in Iraq.

He then of course became a US Representative.

In other words, he has plenty to go on beyond just insulting people which, by the way, he really didn't do much of in the Primary.

Reactions: 1ofTheseKnights
Gillum's entire office in Tallahassee is under FBI investigation for widespread corruption, up to and including Gillum's staffers taking kick backs and bribes from contractors with indictments looming......

That entire town is a sewer. Dirty money everywhere.

no wonder Trump loves this guy 'the accidental dog whistle' and the cheesy indoctrination wall commercial. He didn't even have a detailed education platform on his website during the primary.

Hmmmm, what other politician is under widespread investigation as well?

Reactions: bluechip12
How do you feel about that? Lol

This whole narrative is stupid. I use the term "monkey wrench" constantly. I guess I have to watch out who is standing around when I do it.

this is a perfect example of fake rage .... and also a perfect example of people that get offended way too easily.

This whole narrative is stupid. I use the term "monkey wrench" constantly. I guess I have to watch out who is standing around when I do it.

this is a perfect example of fake rage .... and also a perfect example of people that get offended way too easily.

Every parent who uses the phrase "stop monkeying around" is a racist.

As long as you give plausible deniability to red hats they'll wiggle their way out of accountability and blow that dog whistle.

His very first day facing a black man he said electing him would be "monkeying it up."

Racists everywhere know what that means they got the message loud and clear. Non racist republicans just stick their head in the sand.

Every parent who uses the phrase "stop monkeying around" is a racist.

He probably didn't mean it in a racist way. However, you can toss this into his "he's a douche" basket. I'm sure the basket will fill up quickly.

As long as you give plausible deniability to red hats they'll wiggle their way out of accountability and blow that dog whistle.

His very first day facing a black man he said electing him would be "monkeying it up."

Racists everywhere know what that means they got the message loud and clear. Non racist republicans just stick their head in the sand.

You’re a hilariously Shook wack job. I will also remind you that you’re a white make who supports other white males using the N word on Tv. So long as you agree with their politics.

I guess the question is, as a racist yourself, did you “get the message”?

You’re a hilariously Shook wack job. I will also remind you that you’re a white make who supports other white males using the N word on Tv. So long as you agree with their politics.

I guess the question is, as a racist yourself, did you “get the message”?
I did. If you would like for me to decode it for you I'll do my best:

Don't let the state be run by a black man.

Gillum is the first African American nominee for Governor in Florida's history and his opponent didn't take 12 hours to say something stupid.

Gillum is the first African American nominee for Governor in Florida's history and his opponent didn't take 12 hours to say something stupid.

It's only stupid to faux woke SJWs who want to find racism in everything in order to push nonsense identity politics.

At least the playbook is clear once again - hide this guy's record and extremist left wing views by insisting that all criticism of him is racist. "How dare you criticize the first black candidate for Governor in FL's history!".

It's only stupid to faux woke SJWs who want to find racism in everything in order to push nonsense identity politics.

At least the playbook is clear once again - hide this guy's record and extremist left wing views by insisting that all criticism of him is racist. "How dare you criticize the first black candidate for Governor in FL's history!".
Spin it, man! Spin it!

Racists just can't stop calling black people monkeys.

:joy:

It took lefties all of 12 hours for them to realize that this Bernie Bro is a joke and ran straight to the "EVERYTHING IS RACIST" schtick.

I love how you and fab and Wayne constantly whine about everyone calling you racists, and then continue to make blatantly racist posts. You kind of lose credibity just a tad.

I fully admit I don't think he meant it that way - but it was a STUPPPPID thing to say. He knows it. His staff knows it.

You're the only one who doesn't know it.

I fully admit I don't think he meant it that way - but it was a STUPPPPID thing to say. He knows it. His staff knows it.

You're the only one who doesn't know it.

Mostly because I don't let hysterical whiny SJWs dictate how I view things, especially totally innocuous comments that get spun into something that they're not.

How many other liberals out there "know" that he didn't mean anything racist by it, but are claiming he's a racist anyways? Tons, I bet. It's pathetic.

Mostly because I don't let hysterical whiny SJWs dictate how I view things, especially totally innocuous comments that get spun into something that they're not.

How many other liberals out there "know" that he didn't mean anything racist by it, but are claiming he's a racist anyways? Tons, I bet. It's pathetic.

Curious. What would be racist in your book? Like something you would say to yourself "Damn, that was racist" and not just SJW being shook.

85, that's my point though. I'm aware he probably didn't mean it, you may be as well but guess what? It was a DUMB, DUMB thing to say because a lot of people will draw that conclusion. Whether it's warranted or not - it's an election and saying stuff like that can be very damaging.

I think Biden describing Obama as "clean" and "articulate" is truly a racist gaffe. I think "monkeying around" isn't remotely close.

Curious. What would be racist in your book? Like something you would say to yourself "Damn, that was racist" and not just SJW being shook.

As Fab has already pointed out, Obama's very own eventual VP said things that were FAR more racist than this remark. Remember when Ole Joe B was remarking how awesome Obama was, since we finally had a black guy who was "articulate"?

If someone came out and made a derogatory remark about someone that is purely attributable to nothing more than their race, then that's obviously racist. It's not hard to identify when you hear it.

That's the polar opposite from what we have here, where a guy used a phrase that's been used before in non-racist context, but certain people are applying the context they need to see racism. Or paint him as a racist.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT