ADVERTISEMENT

DeSantis: Florida shouldn’t ‘monkey this up’

No I am certainly not trying to fight you. You only know how to insult people. That's all you contribute . Be proud

I see the resident nut is off his meds again. Some people are simply not worth engaging in due to rage and vitriol. Put him on ignore and enjoy.

Reactions: fabknight
No I am certainly not trying to fight you. You only know how to insult people. That's all you contribute . Be proud

Wrong as usual. You look past all the insults your side hurls because Party over everything.

Perfect example: literally everything 85 posts, including the one right above this. 100% insults but you don't give a shit because you both like the same politician.

Reactions: bluechip12
Done. My first ever

lol, keep living in your bubble. I love how you haven't even bothered to ignore open racists like blm and redice and the dozens of others that popped up on here. Those aren't as offensive to you. Says a lot about you.

You don't want conversation, you want an insane republican echo chamber filled with literal racists like @UCFWayne, @fabknight and @sk8knight so you guys can pat each other on the back about how not racist you are.

Last edited:
I read that entire article and didn't see that stated as a fact anywhere. Can you back up your claim?
https://www.businessinsider.com/legacy-students-can-get-into-college-with-lower-sat-score-2016-10

"The company analyzed the profiles of students who indicated their legacy status, and found that legacy students scored lower on the SAT than nonlegacy students.
Of the 3,478 profiles which responded to the legacy question, legacy profiles scored 1870 on the SAT versus 1943 for nonlegacy students."

https://www.businessinsider.com/legacy-students-can-get-into-college-with-lower-sat-score-2016-10

"The company analyzed the profiles of students who indicated their legacy status, and found that legacy students scored lower on the SAT than nonlegacy students.
Of the 3,478 profiles which responded to the legacy question, legacy profiles scored 1870 on the SAT versus 1943 for nonlegacy students."

Oh hey look, just exactly as I said. I'm sure wayne will be along to apologize for being an asshat anytime.

And almost every article is talking only about elite schools. Across the entire system, how many people are we talking?

Here we have a faux Woke SJW on MSNBC declaring that he was soooooooooo offended by DeSantis praising Gillum for performing well during debates. A phrase used roughly 2,000,000 times when describing how a candidate does during a debate. But in Woke Leftie Land, this is RACIST!

I hope these idiots keep it up. There's no faster way to turn off sane people.

Capehart continued, “The second word that he used that the more that I hear it, the more angry I get about it. … DeSantis said he watched the Democratic debates, and that Gillum performed well. Not that he had good ideas that he disagreed with, but he performed well. So you have an African-American who’s articulate, who performs, and is, you know, monkeying things up.”

[roll]

that is not drastically lowering the standards to let a legacy in. hell its not even 100 points. for reference the average sat score for ucf is 1320 and 28.2 act.

that is not drastically lowering the standards to let someone in. hell its not even 100 points. for reference the average sat score for ucf is 1320 and 28.2 act.
Is that SAT on the new or old scale. (1600 or 2400)

And almost every article is talking only about elite schools. Across the entire system, how many people are we talking?

Exactly the affirmative action point. How many people are we talking? Probably not a lot, mostly on the margins. It's the 1201st kid in a class of 1200 that sues because they let in 2 minorities with lower scores. :rolleyes:

WTF are you talking about Wayne? What does the average UCF score have to do with the study?
you claimed they were lowering their standards for legacy students vs minorities. turns out they do lower them, but very little. for comparison i added the average ucf students sat/gpa/act scores to show how high that the lowered standard for the legacy students actually is.

you claimed they were lowering their standards for legacy students vs minorities. turns out they do lower them, but very little. for comparison i added the average ucf students sat/gpa/act scores to show how high that the lowered standard for the legacy students actually is.
It doesn't really matter "how high" the lowered standard is. They wouldn't have gotten in without the legacy.

Exactly the affirmative action point. How many people are we talking? Probably not a lot, mostly on the margins. It's the 1201st kid in a class of 1200 that sues because they let in 2 minorities with lower scores. :rolleyes:
Yeah, the suing is bs.

but you are totally cool with a lowered standard for minorities.

Yes, because what racist dumbshits like you don't understand is not everyone gets remotely the same shot at life. It isn't fair, and this is the best way to break the cycle.

but you are totally cool with a lowered standard for minorities.

You are totally cool with a lowered standard for minorities if they play sports.:football::basketball: :rolleyes:

My view is that if you are letting legacies in with lower scores, then it should be perfectly fine to let minorities in with lower scores. I think they both fall into a subjective admissions grey area, which I'm fine with as long as it's a small (10-20%) part of the class. OR don't let anybody in with lower scores.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Yes, because what racist dumbshits like you don't understand is not everyone gets remotely the same shot at life. It isn't fair, and this is the best way to break the cycle.
I would actually like to base it on economics and a sliding scale dependent on the school they are from.

Every spring, I read the Orlando Sentinel's Valedictorian and Salutatorian. Both get admissions to any school in the state automatically regardless of the high school they attended. Jones and Evans are majority black but their #1 & 2 are always Indian. It's interesting to watch the parents strategically move their kids into these districts just to give them an easier shot at being #1 & 2.

When it comes to competitive admissions, I find it fascinating how many people want to point to race and wring their hands about it.

Goodness gracious people, there are countless ways that admissions committees look at applicants. Are they all unfair too?

What is your gender? Do you have an artistic, musical, or athletic talent? What State you live in? What high school do you attend? Are advanced courses available to you? If so, what have you taken? Are you a legacy? Are you the child of a State legislator? Are you the child of a faculty member? What activities were you involved in during your school years?

These are only a few of the 'beyond race' considerations that go into competitive admission decisions. Tell me, are these "unfair" too?

Reactions: firm_bizzle
When it comes to competitive admissions, I find it fascinating how many people want to point to race and wring their hands about it.

Goodness gracious people, there are countless ways that admissions committees look at applicants. Are they all unfair too?

What is your gender? Do you have an artistic, musical, or athletic talent? What State you live in? What high school do you attend? Are advanced courses available to you? If so, what have you taken? Are you a legacy? Are you the child of a State legislator? Are you the child of a faculty member? What activities were you involved in during your school years?

These are only a few of the 'beyond race' considerations that go into competitive admission decisions. Tell me, are these "unfair" too?

Hilariously wrong take. The things you listed go into aggregating a decision on a student that is purely supplemental to SAT scores and grades for spots that are open and competitive. Schools don't go "Oh well his SAT score sucks and he's a B- student, but look at his after school programs!". These things do not help students overcome obvious flaws in scoring and grades.

Identity based admissions do. They are specifically set up to mandate that admissions counselors looks pats lower SAT scores or grades if needed to get the quota of certain kids they need. Even if it's at the detriment of other students with the scores and grades to win that open admission spot.

Affirmative action benefits white women most. However, the scapegoat is usually "the blacks".

You are totally cool with a lowered standard for minorities if they play sports.:football::basketball: :rolleyes:

My view is that if you are letting legacies in with lower scores, then it should be perfectly fine to let minorities in with lower scores. I think they both fall into a subjective admissions grey area, which I'm fine with as long as it's a small (10-20%) part of the class. OR don't let anybody in with lower scores.
I'm good with either of your approaches there. I just wanted to call out that having different policies for different groups solely based on skin color is racist. We need to acknowledge things for what they are in order to have fruitful discussions and make positive changes (Yes, Ninja, I'm sure you think that we need to acknowledge that all conservatives are racist and all white people are racist and anyone you disagree with is a stupid idiot and probably a disgusting racist). We also need to be able to have honest discussion and debates about policies that affect groups of people, whether grouped by race or other factors, without one side or the other screaming racism or some other demagogic term whenever a point is made that they don't like. I believe that hurts progress more than just ignoring the issue politically and letting society evolve to fix it organically.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Hilariously wrong take. The things you listed go into aggregating a decision on a student that is purely supplemental to SAT scores and grades for spots that are open and competitive.

So being a music major is 'pure supplemental' to the decision making process? or an athlete? or a legacy? or what State you're applying from? or your political connections?

And SAT scores are unbiased? And grades across the country are all based on the same standard?

Good to know that this admission business is so cut-and-dried.

So being a music major is 'pure supplemental' to the decision making process? or an athlete? or a legacy? or what State you're applying from? or your political connections?

And SAT scores are unbiased? And grades across the country are all based on the same standard?

Good to know that this admission business is so cut-and-dried.

. You have this ass backwards. Playing music or being in a club is essentially information that is weighed if two people have similar SAT scores and grades. They are NOT leading indicators or factors that Admissions offices use.

. You have this ass backwards. Playing music or being in a club is essentially information that is weighed if two people have similar SAT scores and grades. They are NOT leading indicators or factors that Admissions offices use.

You do know there are schools with competitive admissions that have fine arts and music programs, right?

Do 85, Wayne, and others really believe in giving legacy benefits but not minority benefits? My God that’s racist.

You won't regret it. In fact you'll have fun reading the posts replying to him knowing exactly what he's saying.

I can't tell you how hilarious I find it that you are STILL obsessed with me. Damn I must have really hit close to the mark, calling you out as a typical disgusting hypocritical racist Christian.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT