ADVERTISEMENT

DG took away UCF mentions from his social media

kinda seems like it. The cryptic messages and changes to social media. We will see! I miss the KZ leadership style. The players need that right about now.
Oh the I’m transferring because I sucked against Ark State KZ or the bye I’m off to FSU KZ?

There is no ultimatum. If he doesn’t like the hire he can hit the portal I guess. There are other talented QBs that will be itching for their opportunity to play currently sitting behind him.

i agree! Feel free to leave if you don’t like the hire. I think Lebby is a great dude, but he is inexperienced. I do not blame TMO if GM has been hired.

Oh the I’m transferring because I sucked against Ark State KZ or the bye I’m off to FSU KZ?

You’re criticizing the kid for chasing a dream? He would not have seen the playing field and I’m sure he would love to play the game that he loves once again.

He never appeared to be a cancer in the locker room nor a pest on social media. I’m a huge DG fan, but I have been disappointed lately.

GM is a great hire! This is a team that lost to Tulsa TWO YEARS IN A ROW. The players have to prove it on the field before calling the shots here. Gus would be a great hire at a ton of P5 schools heck that is an upgrade at FSU. He's proven. I love Lebby too but Gus comes with a ton of experience and also has a lot of connections when it comes to assistance coaches.
I sure hope he brings some great ones!

Wow. Totally misleading. No context. He’s only had 2 head coaching gigs. One, he was only there one year and bailed to take the Auburn job. Then 8 years at that job. It’s not like he has run Auburn into the ground in 3 years and they were running him out of town. Most coaches don’t last that long at any head coaching gig anymore, especially one where you are competing against Bama and LSU every year.
Not if they don't win the big games and bowls!

You’re criticizing the kid for chasing a dream? He would not have seen the playing field and I’m sure he would love to play the game that he loves once again.

He never appeared to be a cancer in the locker room nor a pest on social media. I’m a huge DG fan, but I have been disappointed lately.
We are talking also about him being upset when Dinovo had a BBQ and everyone except him showed up. He was considering leaving. 2 times in 4 years he threatened a transfer or transferred. Yet you complain that DG changed his online bios? Kevin Smith did too. He’s still there.

There is no ultimatum. If he doesn’t like the hire he can hit the portal I guess. There are other talented QBs that will be itching for their opportunity to play currently sitting behind him.
kinda seems like it. The cryptic messages and changes to social media. We will see! I miss the KZ leadership style. The players need that right about now.
It wasn’t just KZ. That locker room was full of kids that went 0-12, then saw what hard work had to be done, then saw what the hard work produced. Almost all those kids were gone after 2018. That vacuum now has to be filled by many players, on and off the field. Part of the repercussions of the transfer portal is kids can now have a say in the process (whether warranted or not) and if they feel ignored or don’t like what is going on, they can leave. Get used to it. It’s the new normal. When coaches change your personnel can now change a lot as well.

Reactions: UCFathlete
For Gabriel, it probably doesn't help knowing that Auburn ranked in the bottom 3rd in the SEC for passing offense almost the entire time Gus was there.

Reactions: clmssun
For Gabriel, it probably doesn't help knowing that Auburn ranked in the bottom 3rd in the SEC for passing offense almost the entire time Gus was there.
I am a bit uneasy about hiring an "offense-oriented" coach whose offenses have been declining, leading to his recent dismissal. I was interested to explore him because I knew he had early success, but the recent offense issues concern me.

On the positive side, he had some good defenses at Auburn. (?)

But I am a Knight, and I will support the team -- hoping my concerns are misguided! #ChargeOn

The kid is a great talent. However, you do not use ultimatums to get your way!

This locker room seems to be in poor condition. Lots of cancers!

Heupel seemed to let things get out of control. Just look at the lack of discipline with the ridiculous number of penalties. It doesn't matter how good DG is. We wouldn't win a championship with Heupel. We needed a change and I feel that Gus is a huge upgrade over Hype. If DG decides to leave it is at his loss as well as UCF.

Heupel seemed to let things get out of control. Just look at the lack of discipline with the ridiculous number of penalties. It doesn't matter how good DG is. We wouldn't win a championship with Heupel. We needed a change and I feel that Gus is a huge upgrade over Hype. If DG decides to leave it is at his loss as well as UCF.
Look at how much BYU physically embarrassed our roster

All you tools crying should have put your name in the AD job search or pony up millions to have your opinion matter. The players and fans don’t hire coaches, AD’s do.

Reactions: UCFVanWilder
DG obviously has the right to feel and do whatever he thinks is best for him. But before he makes any rash decisions he should go online and read the texts and tweets the players at Auburn posted when they found out he was fired. They were devastated and almost to a man commented on what a great person Gus is and how much he truly cared about them as a person. I think it would benefit DG to at least wait until he meets the man and spends some time finding out what his plans for the team are. The portal isn’t going anywhere.

From Gabriel's perspective all he knows is having a coach that is 100% focused on the QB being a prolific passer and also a friend/mentor guiding him every step of the way. Now switching to a coach who has not shown to ever focus on passing or developing a strictly passing QB. This was not a good hire for him. Just like Heupel was not a good hire for Mack.

Doesn't mean it was the wrong hire, but don't expect Gabriel and Gus to make this perfect match. More likely Gus is looking for his guy and Gabriel is doing the same.

All you tools crying should have put your name in the AD job search or pony up millions to have your opinion matter. The players and fans don’t hire coaches, AD’s do.

This kind of moron statement comes out sooner or later is every discussion ever. "You have no right to an opinion" is basically what it means. I'm assuming you never state an opinion about anything ever. But wait, you had nothing to do with the creation of any of these "tools" brains, so your opinion doesn't matter.

Gus is not going to blow off a QB in top 5 statistical categories

He will play him, but I can guarantee you he will be recruiting someone that has a different skillset than Gabriel. He did that for the last decade, or was Auburn not good enough to recruit skilled passing QBs?

And if that QB fits his offense better, he will look to get that guy in there sooner than later. Its not at all uncommon.

Just a reminder that players should commit to a college, not a coaching staff.

Wasn't DG the vocal one on how JH skipped town without an explanation or a proper goodbye? Yes

I think this is the best hire we could have made considering all the variables.....

Gus is not going to blow off a QB in top 5 statistical categories
Gus succeeded best at Auburn with Cam Newton and Nick Marshall and then failed to reach that level again with any QB, including his recent 5* recruit. How does DG compare to Newton and Marshall? Where/when will Malzahn find that QB to fit Gus's offense? Will Gus adjust his offense here to suit his QB better than he did at Auburn?

Just a reminder that players should commit to a college, not a coaching staff.

Wasn't DG the vocal one on how JH skipped town without an explanation or a proper goodbye? Yes

I think this is the best hire we could have made considering all the variables.....

Depends on their focus, if a football player is looking to be a professional player and then the coaching staff changes. Then it is no different than if a student went to a university for an academic program that was completely changed during their 4 years and no longer felt like they were getting the education/experience they wanted. I respect a person who puts their future career/goals ahead of college allegiance.

Gus succeeded best at Auburn with Cam Newton and Nick Marshall and then failed to reach that level again with any QB, including his recent 5* recruit. How does DG compare to Newton and Marshall? Where/when will Malzahn find that QB to fit Gus's offense? Will Gus adjust his offense here to suit his QB better than he did at Auburn?
It is too early to know this . but I don’t think it helps for our public message board to make the case that DG should leave.

Reactions: Knight59
He will play him, but I can guarantee you he will be recruiting someone that has a different skillset than Gabriel. He did that for the last decade, or was Auburn not good enough to recruit skilled passing QBs?

And if that QB fits his offense better, he will look to get that guy in there sooner than later. Its not at all uncommon.
We got that kid in this current class. Actually we have two QBs from Arizona that have a chance to fill in for next QB at UCF. Hoping for our QB recruiting to get taller QBs though in the future.

Reactions: Endeavor.

Earliest Gus can recruit and get his own QB on campus is spring 2022, barring a transfer. DG will be a 3 year starter with insane stats and experience. So Gus sits him for the freshman? Don’t see it happening.

Does anybody think DG stays? I have doubts. He is only following two people on twitter...Jeff Lebby and Kevin Smith. I'm more disappointed at the chance of losing Titus. DG is great passer, but when he gets out of the pocket you never know what's going to happen. DG also picked up like 100 more followers today. Could be Ole Miss fans that are in his ear.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT