ADVERTISEMENT

Emotional Affair? What would the cooler do?

First off, don't go "bat shit" the second you do that you are done. Just have an honest conversation and be calm and rational. Also, if you are worried about this ****ing up 4th of July and birthday plans, then something is seriously wrong and you've got your priorities backwards.

San Diego reference at the end was my failed a tempt at light humor but yes there is a trip planned in a few weeks for San Diego. I know where the priorities are at and that they need to be addressed. And no troll situation going on here. Someone recomend a good bourbon for me.I have Woodford reserve but it's almost out.

San Diego reference at the end was my failed a tempt at light humor but yes there is a trip planned in a few weeks for San Diego. I know where the priorities are at and that they need to be addressed. And no troll situation going on here. Someone recomend a good bourbon for me.I have Woodford reserve but it's almost out.

I finished up a bottle of Knob Creek last Sunday. Yum. If you really need it, Wild Turkey 101 will make you forget any problems.

I can't understand how he's got an update from 5:30am all of a sudden???
It's more than that:
  • He's saying he's not the jealous type, but he's obviously jealous about his wife's relationship with this dude.
  • He says they have a great relationship with great communication but he can't ask what's going on.
  • If he keeps finding evidence, whether substantial or not, but he doesn't confront her/ I mean, anybody that gets angsty over a simple "hey, why do you lock your phone now?" is definitely hiding something, which in turn gives you the answer you either want or do not want to hear.
  • 4th of July plans? Really? If some weekend plans are more important than your piece of mind then what do you care if there's something going on or not?
Not trying to be disrespectful or anything, dude, but I'm just not feeling your groove right now.

I can't understand how he's got an update from 5:30am all of a sudden???

Wasn't sure if I wanted to share it before i responded earlier but what the hell, there is some interesting insight to this thread so I figure I'd go ahead and post it. This thread has taken many twist and turns and I apreciiate all the input. I can assurre you my priorities are not on the trip. That was a failed humor attempt.

I didn't take it that way. I took it as he decided to share an event that happened at 530 this morning.
Maybe, but it feels like he's trying to drag out stories from a bunch of us. Not saying he is trolling, just feels that way (and honestly hoping that's the case).

Wasn't sure if I wanted to share it before i responded earlie but what the hell, there is some interesting insight so I figure why not . this thread has taken many twist and turns and I apreciiate all the input so I figured what the hell why not..
You know we all here are in the bros before hoes camp. It's man code.

Hope you can find whatever it is you're wanting to find soon.

Reactions: USFSucks
Wasn't sure if I wanted to share it before i responded earlier but what the hell, there is some interesting insight so I figure why not . this thread has taken many twist and turns and I appreciate all the input so I figured what the hell why not..
let's just say dude, we are hoping that you are trolling us.

Reactions: jetsaholic
No troll. I've enjoyed reading the stories in the cooler over the past 6-7 years and there are many great ones to be had. I dont post often but figured i would get a good mix of solid advice, some dick comments and some divorce comments. Mine may play out as one of those over the next few weeks/months but that's TBD. I'm typically one to think and observe a situation before I act so all these small things i have taken mental note of are coming to a head. We will see what happens. Again apprrciate all the responses. The issues will be dealt with.

How many years have you been married? If it is 6 years and divorce is a real option, you need to figure it out asap. If you are married for 7 years before a divorce, thats when it can get messy.

From everything you've posted, divorce seems to be a pretty drastic option given the limited information as most of it seems to be speculation. If I were you, I wouldn't even put it in my vocabulary at this stage. I'm assuming you don't have kids.

So, here's what I don't get, don't you and your wife talk? If my husband had a friend (or vice versa) who was getting a divorce and there was all kinds of messiness going on, I'd be curious about it (as would he).

How about you ask wifey, "so, how's so-and-so doing? What's the latest on his divorce?" I know if my hubby gave vague answers, then I would definitely press for more. She should be willing to talk about what they discuss.

You don't know her phone passcode? I don't snoop on my wife but I know her passcode and she knows mine, just to be able to take photos and stuff.
I mean, I don't need her passcode to take photos, you just swipe up for that. That being said, both of us have our fingerprints saved in each other's phones. I don't think @NiseyyD knows my current phone passcode, but that's because I had to change it yesterday because of my work's security requirements and I'm not even sure I remember it right now.

So, here's what I don't get, don't you and your wife talk? If my husband had a friend (or vice versa) who was getting a divorce and there was all kinds of messiness going on, I'd be curious about it (as would he).

How about you ask wifey, "so, how's so-and-so doing? What's the latest on his divorce?" I know if my hubby gave vague answers, then I would definitely press for more. She should be willing to talk about what they discuss.
Yeah, this exactly, especially with my wife, she's one of the most curious people I've ever met.

Reactions: jetsaholic

We talk quite often and I probably know more about this guy than I care to know about his relationship struggles and recent divorce after he was married for only 8 months. With that being said, it's the recent actions over the past few weeks that have me questioning things. I brushed it off at first but yes we will communicate about it.

Reactions: knighted
Yikes. Sounds like tons of legit cause for concern including the increasing texting & the move from no passcode to passcode. That's the trouble w being married to desirable women is other men want them.

Hopefully this guy is just playing the sad divorcee card & your wife is just being too good a "friend", but pretty fûcking lame & she needs to stop if it's to the point she had to passcode her phone.

Also not a believer in non sexual hetero friendships.

I want my twenty minutes back typing that previous screed. If she has locked her phone, she doesnt want you to see something. If she's done something she doesnt want you to see or will need to explain, its over dude. I have a friend with a sign on his desk it says: "Marriage is grand. Your divorce will be ten grand."

I feel like @barrister1602 could provide some great insight to the break-up/divorce thread.
Unfortunately, I usually was the one who was the cheater. But my cheating ways stopped once I was cheated on. It sucked. Made me realize how stupid it is. I've pretty much been a good boy since then ... pretty much.

I pick up her phone to throw it on the bed as I normally do so she can have her alarm and it appears as though she has added a passcode key to her phone sometime recently. I know for damn sure it wasn't there a few days ago
Dude ... its over. Amateur move on your girl's part to hide something. I'm speaking from experience here. Best way to not get caught is with a burner phone. Using your cell phone is just stupid.
But in all seriousness, you're having these feelings for a reason. When I was with my cheater GF, I would get these feelings. Turns out they were completely right. Sometime you do want to trust your gut instincts. In situations like this, they are usually correct. Doesn't make you "jealous". We get these gut instincts for a reason. They are basic in all of us. If you never have had these "concerns" before and now after 6 years something is alerting you, then you are not the jealous type. You are appropriately aware the something is going on.
Sorry for what you are about to go through. Question is do you want to forgive (blah blah blah). In spite of it being painful, I wouldn't put up with it. I would move on.

Last edited:
My husband farts EVERY night when he comes to bed. As soon as he pulls the covers on "plllllllph" and I get a whiff of it. I think I'm going to call one of my guy friends to see how he feels about it.
No need to call a guy friend, we can all tell you here that your husband is doing the lords work and you just need to embrace it.

But seriously, if you value your marriage, you need to communicate your feelings about this to your wife. Calmly, but deliberately and candidly. Don't be confrontational or defensive, but be honest in how you feel. If she dodges you, then you know you need help either in the form of counseling or a lawyer.

If you're looking for a way out of your marriage, you have found one. Just keep quiet and collecting evidence.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT