ADVERTISEMENT

Emotional Affair? What would the cooler do?

Get as much ass out of this as you can, just make sure to wear a rubber
Truff!!! You are now getting Jody's sloppy seconds. Get your finances in order. Also, just because your girl is running around on you, doesn't mean you should too. Stay innocent and faithful. You will feel better about yourself if you do. In the meantime, do some checking (ie cellphone bill) to confirm your gut instincts. Get as much tail from her that she is willing to give till she lowers the boom or until you confirm your suspicions and end it yourself. Either way ... its over. Just a matter of when.

Reactions: jetsaholic
This.
Hopefully she realizes that she needs to put her marriage first and friends second.
Hopefully you're right and nothing sexual has happened yet. BUT, I bet that bridge has already been crossed. Once I read about the recently locked phone (when she had never done it before) pushed into the "something bad is going on" category. She is obviously hiding something. Hmmmmm ... wonder what it could be?

Dude, @Knight_Magic , I hope you understand that we all here feel for you, dawg. Nobody is hating here, we're just trying to make light of the situation and dissipate it a little bit. In the end, only you know how much shit you're willing to put up with so I hope you figure that out soon.

In the meantime, pics or GTFO.

Last edited:
Dude, @Knight_Light, I hope you understand that we all here feel for you, dawg. Nobody is hating here, we're just trying to make light of the situation and dissipate it a little bit. In the end, only you know how much shit you're willing to put up with so I hope you figure that out soon.

In the meantime, pics or GTFO.
Umm...I don't want pics of Knight Light, thanks.

You realize we're talking to Knight Magic and not Knight Light, yes?

One is a poster discussing marital problems, the other is a fanatical message board Zealot / GOL jock holder.
I know, which is why I'm trying to force homeboy to take this with a grain of salt and a straight shot of tequila. He got cheated on, it happens. Just move on with your life, but not before publicly shaming her.

If you want to go full stalker, you could track her movements if she has Google Location History turned on in her phone. If she has a gmail account, you can log in and see the location history to a decent level of detail.

If you want to go full stalker, you could track her movements if she has Google Location History turned on in her phone. If she has a gmail account, you can log in and see the location history to a decent level of detail.

I just found this out a few weeks ago when I was screwing around on Google. It was super creepy. It has all my movements for like the last 3-4 years. Everywhere I've been and the path I took. Even out on the boat.

I wouldn't want to see pics of any woman that was interested in Knight Light
God dammit, I changed the original post! I don't think even KL wants to see pictures of KL.

I'm curious about the pics of this girl. Did she lose a lot of weight or get any "enhancements" done recently? You know where I'm going with this, dude.

God dammit, I changed the original post! I don't think even KL wants to see pictures of KL.

I'm curious about the pics of this girl. Did she lose a lot of weight or get any "enhancements" done recently? You know where I'm going with this, dude.
Oh I know.

Reactions: jetsaholic
I had much the same situation with my first wife, except this was with a married coworker. She locked her phone, started taking calls in the bathroom or going to the other room, worked later than normal, and stopped inviting me to things with her coworkers (some of whom we'd been friends with since college and stood up at our wedding). A bit of time passed and all of a sudden, we went on a couples date where we went to dinner and the musical Chicago. This guy's wife freaks out at intermission and starts a big thing with him, which I thought was weird. I asked my wife about it later and she said the wife didn't like feeling like a third wheel. I thought that was weird but didn't take extraordinary note of this.

A couple of weeks later, the wife goes to NJ on business travel. Unbeknownst to me, she pairs up with another coworker to spend some time in NYC during that trip. No big deal, right, and she comes home and I'm oblivious. I'm going about my daily life and am getting home after work (wife is "working late" again) when someone calls my name. Its the guy's wife. Apparently the guy is an idiot and she figures out his work voicemail password. She hears a message from my wife saying "Hey baby, I can't wait until you get here. I miss you so much." Now I'm shaking as the guy's wife drives off. I call my wife and demand that she comes home right now. Obviously my wife knew I was livid about something. We have a very one-sided conversation that ends with her saying she's committed to me.

Soon after she asked for a divorce and said she'd give me everything. She was my "one and only" so I pushed for counseling to save the marriage. So we start marriage counseling. I go through it with the full intent of saving the marriage and she goes through it to salve her conscience and, ultimately, to make sure that I'd be okay if she left. She said some things during the counseling about this other guy being "the one" that to this day she will deny ever saying. She also swears she never actually cheated on me. This dragged out for months and we ended up getting divorced. Of course, her "you can have everything" story changed before the divorce, but I got out pretty easily.

She tried to stay friends with me for years. I had a really hard time letting her go. I really hope your marriage doesn't go the same way. But, in the end, I am now engaged to someone who is a much better fit for me. So it worked out well in the end. I just wish I could have the years of my life back.

Last edited:
I had much the same situation with my first wife, except this was with a married coworker. She locked her phone, started taking calls in the bathroom or going to the other room, worked later than normal, and stopped inviting me to things with her coworkers (some of whom we'd been friends with since college and stood up at our wedding). A bit of time passed and all of a sudden, we went on a couples date where we went to dinner and the musical Chicago. This guy's wife freaks out and dinner and starts a big thing with him, which I thought was weird. I asked my wife about it later and she said the wife didn't like feeling like a third wheel. I thought that was weird but didn't take extraordinary note of this.

A couple of weeks later, the wife goes to NJ on business travel. Unbeknownst to me, she pairs up with another coworker to spend some time in NYC during that trip. No big deal, right, and she comes home and I'm oblivious. I'm going about my daily life and am getting home after work (wife is "working late" again) when someone calls my name. Its the guy's wife. Apparently the guy is an idiot and she figures out his work voicemail password. She hears a message from my wife saying "Hey baby, I can't wait until you get here. I miss you so much." Now I'm shaking as the guy's wife drives off. I call my wife and demand that she comes home right now. Obviously my wife knew I was livid about something. We have a very one-sided conversation that ends with her saying she's committed to me.

Soon after she asked for a divorce and said she'd give me everything. She was my "one and only" so I pushed for counseling to save the marriage. So we start marriage counseling. I go through it with the full intent of saving the marriage and she goes through it to salve her conscience and, ultimately, to make sure that I'd be okay if she left. She said some things during the counseling about this other guy being "the one" that to this day she will deny ever saying. She also swears she never actually cheated on me. This dragged out for months and we ended up getting divorced. Of course, her "you can have everything" story changed before the divorce, but I got out pretty easily.

She tried to stay friends with me for years. I had a really hard time letting her go. I really hope your marriage doesn't go the same way. But, in the end, I am now engaged to someone who is a much better fit for me. So it worked out well in the end. I just wish I could have the years of my life back.
did you at least bang the other guy's wife? It's only fair

I did think about it, but I was such a lovesick fool that I didn't go that route. If only I knew then...
Yeah trying to salvage the marriage is a personal choice and personally I wouldn't do it. Of course everyone's situation is different but IMO, once cheating (physical or emotional) has occurred, it will never be the same. I would rather end it quickly than let it slowly die with ineffectual counseling, empty promises and continuing doubts. Like picking a scab that will never heal. Just fricking get it over with. You start healing process quicker and keep your dignity.

I'm SOOOOOOOO happy that I was mostly checked out when my first wife did her thing to me.
The advice I would give Knight Magic is to not lose himself in trying to save this marriage. Sitting at the bottom of an emotional valley while trying to figure out your own life's worth because everything you put your heart and trust in is gone is not an experience I would recommend to anyone.

Cell phone statement will be checked and eyes will remain wide open. My brother was at the other end of this roller coaster and the one doing the cheating on his wife a few years ago and it cost him quite a bit of money for his dumb mistakes so I am aware of what to look for and the shit storm it can create if it gets to that point.

This is my hope. If it isn't the case then the jokes on me and things will change quickly.

Cell phone statement will be checked and eyes will remain wide open. My brother was at the other end of this roller coaster and the one doing the cheating on his wife a few years ago and it cost him quite a bit of money for his dumb mistakes so I am aware of what to look for and the shit storm it can create if it gets to that point.
Dude, one thing's for certain: you have earned a beer at every single one of our tailgates this season. I'm only coming for the Maryland game so I better see your ass at the KOLD tailgate, buddy.

The first Natty Ice is on me. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I know a good PI if you need one.

That said, I think she was on her way to trouble but probably didn't really do anything yet. Hopefully the convo killed it. There's also a reason they weren't together before so there may not be too much to fear.

This is my hope. If it isn't the case then the jokes on me and things will change quickly.

Oh man, I don't check this forum enough. I believe the story is real and I feel for him. 99.99% sure she is up to no good.

I would look at the cell phone records. Don't act like a crazy person, but there should be certain flags that go off. If she is cheating, I would just end it. You're never going to trust her again so it isn't worth even trying to work it out. I would try to get proof though. Don't ever get upset about it in front of her...trust me. You will feel better in 6 months when you look back and made her feel like nothing bothered you. Best of luck!

Reactions: Dmarino110
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT