ADVERTISEMENT

Empire Star Arrested for being a d!ck...

Case update: judge denies Smollett's double jeopardy claim.

https://apnews.com/47ca7ee9d32e63f8e7624b0cf40fe11c

From the linked article:

The way Judge James Linn saw it, the only way double jeopardy would apply is if Smollett was legally punished for what had happened to him since he was charged in connection with the January 2019 incident in downtown Chicago. But Linn determined that the deal in which the state’s attorney’s office agreed to drop charges without requiring Smollett to admit any wrongdoing and Smollett agreed to forfeit his $10,000 bond did not add up to legal punishment.

“There was no trial in this case, there was no jury empaneled, no witnesses were sworn, no evidence was heard, no guilty pleas were ever entered ... nothing like that every happened,” Linn said of the 2019 case. “There was no adjudication of this case.”

I bring this up because we previously discussed the merits of a double jeopardy claim.

Ironically, if the DA wanted to help him out, she should have allowed him to enter a no contest plea to a single misdemeanor count of disorderly conduct for making a false report and giving him a minimal fine. That would have constituted an adjudication. Instead, she dropped the charges altogether allowing the charges to be refiled by the special prosecutor. Now he is facing felony charges and could go to prison.

I'm sure he'll appeal this judge's decision.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Case update: judge denies Smollett's double jeopardy claim.

https://apnews.com/47ca7ee9d32e63f8e7624b0cf40fe11c

From the linked article:

The way Judge James Linn saw it, the only way double jeopardy would apply is if Smollett was legally punished for what had happened to him since he was charged in connection with the January 2019 incident in downtown Chicago. But Linn determined that the deal in which the state’s attorney’s office agreed to drop charges without requiring Smollett to admit any wrongdoing and Smollett agreed to forfeit his $10,000 bond did not add up to legal punishment.

“There was no trial in this case, there was no jury empaneled, no witnesses were sworn, no evidence was heard, no guilty pleas were ever entered ... nothing like that every happened,” Linn said of the 2019 case. “There was no adjudication of this case.”

I bring this up because we previously discussed the merits of a double jeopardy claim.

Ironically, if the DA wanted to help him out, she should have allowed him to enter a no contest plea to a single misdemeanor count of disorderly conduct for making a false report and giving him a minimal fine. That would have constituted an adjudication. Instead, she dropped the charges altogether allowing the charges to be refiled by the special prosecutor. Now he is facing felony charges and could go to prison.

I'm sure he'll appeal this judge's decision.
Indeed, that was largely me. As much as I think he's slime, I still have to argue for his civil rights.

So I'm mixed on this. Wasn't the bond forfeit basically paying a fine? I'd argue that point if I was his lawyers. That it is double jeopardy.

But that said ...

I do utterly agree on your 2nd point. She did drop the charges, and would have been better off -- for him -- offering a deal to plea. That would have far more protected him from double jeopardy.

So, in the end, she might have not 'screwed up' after all.

It's been a long time ago now but I seem to recall Smollett's Nigerian buddies confessed to police that they participated at Jussie's request.

How does Jussie expect this to go well for him? The smart thing would be for him to apologize and show some remorse. Of course, if he was smart, he wouldn't have gotten himself in this position in the first place. :)

Tryin the old gaslighting trick I see.
Live video of Smollett while his lawyer advises him ...

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: UCFKnightfan08
Speaking of never forgetting, this effing gem:

"You don't even want to see the truth."
Crying
"I still want to believe there is something called justice."

LOLOLOLLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJJAJJAJAJJAJJAJAJJA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHHAAHHHAHAHHAHASFHSHFSHFSEHFWE FWEHF WEHF EWFHJE JJAASJSJASJHD J!!!!!!

never forget

😂
Looking back through this thread is a gold mine. It really exposes people without common sense and critical thinking skills.

The usual woke suspects were immediately ready to believe that this dude got attacked in sub-zero temperatures at 2 AM outside a Subway by two MAGA supporters in Chicago.

It never once seemed plausible, but they have to believe they’re fighting the good fight and America is lost if not for them and their goodness.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Looking back through this thread is a gold mine. It really exposes people without common sense and critical thinking skills.

The usual woke suspects were immediately ready to believe that this dude got attacked in sub-zero temperatures at 2 AM outside a Subway by two MAGA supporters in Chicago.

It never once seemed plausible, but they have to believe they’re fighting the good fight and America is lost if not for them and their goodness.
Classic

Do you still think Juicy was telling the truth? 😂
I think attacks were faked by insane people on both sides and both sides took the bait. I remember the dude who claimed he was stabbed for having a nazi haircut and people on this board lost their shit and it turned out he stabbed himself.

I remember the dude who said someone used his dead wife's mail in ballot to vote as a way to prove voter fraud. This board went nuts and then it turned out he did it and voted for Trump.

I think attacks were faked by insane people on both sides and both sides took the bait. I remember the dude who claimed he was stabbed for having a nazi haircut and people on this board lost their shit and it turned out he stabbed himself.

I remember the dude who said someone used his dead wife's mail in ballot to vote as a way to prove voter fraud. This board went nuts and then it turned out he did it and voted for Trump.
lol you’re still a clown. 🤡

This whole 'not guilty' jury trail decision on his part makes me think he's seriously got a mental disorder. The dude is living in his own fantasy world.
That’s not the angle his lawyers are playing though.

I think he’s got some narcissistic tendencies it seems, for sure. Even in his accounts of the “attack” he’s constantly trying to portray himself as some sort of heroic, righteous figure.

Kind of funny. In the last 3 years there have been 3 national news stories that included nooses. 2 of them were tied by black men to fake a hate crime and one was a garage door pull down rope.

Reactions: beelit47
Jail time. Jussie’s case is the direct result of racism demand far exceeding the racism supply. Throw the clown in jail

These maga supports also brought bleach at 2am in freezing Temps for this Jussie attack.🤣
Juicy literally faked a hate crime where he claimed 2 white maga racists poured bleach on him and tied a noose around his neck at 3am…on the southside of chicago in -20 degree weather. This mfer needs to go to electric chair

The best part of the trial was when Jussie testified that he had beaten off one of his attackers.

Under further questioning, he admitted that it was weeks earlier.

Reactions: beelit47
Juicy literally faked a hate crime where he claimed 2 white maga racists poured bleach on him and tied a noose around his neck at 3am…on the southside of chicago in -20 degree weather. This mfer needs to go to electric chair
I don't the electric chair is appropriate. However, if he claimed two white maga guys did it , he must be color challenged because the video shows two black dudes. 😆. The entire media and left politicians got played for fools here. From the get go the story didn't add up ..White maga dudes in Chicago at 2AM in a polar vortex with temps below zero looking for a black guy ,hoping for a black guy, to do some good ole fashion bleaching and lynching ? Yeah ,because Chicago is so maga . 😆.

These are all so good but none of these aholes will confess their stupidity bc of black privledge
Confess their stupidity? They were LIED TO.

But YOU would never fall for a lie, right? Trump had the election STOLEN from him by golly!!! :)

Confess their stupidity? They were LIED TO.

But YOU would never fall for a lie, right? Trump had the election STOLEN from him by golly!!! :)

I dont get this either. The guy came out and said he was jumped, and initially people believed it (I mean, why wouldnt you), and then when more information came out people's opinions changed with the information. I dont understand why this some sort of "gotcha".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT