ADVERTISEMENT

Expect USF to pull out all the stops

BH Knights 37

Four-Star Recruit
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2015
If we can withstand their initial barrage I think we will win going away. I expect USF to pull out every trick in the book tomorrow. Expecting fake punts, reverses, throw backs, maybe even on onsides kick. I fully expect them to try something early to shock us a turn momentum their way.

Once we get 3 score lead, the game is ours. Early on I think we need to go for points, even if it is a FG, and just look to extend leads. I think we need to try and get a 2 or 3 score lead early and make them 1 dimensional. The only thing that scares me about tomorrow is the initial energy I expect USF to bring and our ability to manage our own energy, and a close game where they have nothing to lose and using a trick play to turn the tide.

If we can withstand their initial barrage I think we will win going away. I expect USF to pull out every trick in the book tomorrow. Expecting fake punts, reverses, throw backs, maybe even on onsides kick. I fully expect them to try something early to shock us a turn momentum their way.

Once we get 3 score lead, the game is ours. Early on I think we need to go for points, even if it is a FG, and just look to extend leads. I think we need to try and get a 2 or 3 score lead early and make them 1 dimensional. The only thing that scares me about tomorrow is the initial energy I expect USF to bring and our ability to manage our own energy, and a close game where they have nothing to lose and using a trick play to turn the tide.
They have playmakers with speed at the skill positions and nothing to lose

I wouldn’t expect anything less

Didn't Frost say last season they came out with some weird defense that completely threw us off for the first quarter or so? I think I've blocked that stressful game out of my memory

Didn't Frost say last season they came out with some weird defense that completely threw us off for the first quarter or so? I think I've blocked that stressful game out of my memory
Yes. They took their slow linebacker out and played some sort of “small and quick” defense with a bunch of DBs. Something like that.
However, it was after we were up on them early
Expect something similar again.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs

This. I didn't agree with going for it on 4th down vs Cinci early but at least that was on our home field with a crowd that was out of it's mind. Vs USF if the scenario is 7-0 UCF and 4th and 2 on the 18 just take the 3 and get it to 10 early. A turnover on downs is a momentum booster for an underdog.

I think they just used a bunch of DBs instead of LBs so they could match up with our speedy RBs.

They do have a history of coming out with way more energy and anger in this game which is frustrating as a UCF fan. Our players always seem more laid back. But I guess you could spin this as something that should also annoy USF fans where they could say 'where is this effort vs Cinci, Temple, & Houston?'

Is Charlie Strong really that creative?

If we can withstand their initial barrage I think we will win going away. I expect USF to pull out every trick in the book tomorrow. Expecting fake punts, reverses, throw backs, maybe even on onsides kick. I fully expect them to try something early to shock us a turn momentum their way..

Yep, use the Temple model....which was the only reason they hung with us.

They do have a history of coming out with way more energy and anger in this game which is frustrating as a UCF fan. Our players always seem more laid back. But I guess you could spin this as something that should also annoy USF fans where they could say 'where is this effort vs Cinci, Temple, & Houston?'
This. I want this to end tomorrow

Reactions: AAC6800 and Shark59

It would take 8 FGs to go up by 3 scores. That would be halftime. Need to score TDs.

I think the UCF Defense can get away with gambling in coverage to blitz Barnett, he gets happy feet & won't escape it as often as Flowers would

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
I know, right. I jus can’t stand this hand wringing over these guys that have lost 3 straight afte we’ve won 23 straight. It’s college football, I get that anything can happen, but there is no logical reason to think USF is a likely threat.
It’s a rivalry game. Other than that, they are basically and rightfully so, a 2 TD underdog
That means that they aren’t in our class.

I know, right. I jus can’t stand this hand wringing over these guys that have lost 3 straight afte we’ve won 23 straight. It’s college football, I get that anything can happen, but there is no logical reason to think USF is a likely threat.
Its like what others have said around here....their team always plays above their head against us...as their fanbase bathes in their hubris.

This. I didn't agree with going for it on 4th down vs Cinci early but at least that was on our home field with a crowd that was out of it's mind. Vs USF if the scenario is 7-0 UCF and 4th and 2 on the 18 just take the 3 and get it to 10 early. A turnover on downs is a momentum booster for an underdog.
Or instead of passing it put out Taj and Hill and run power.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT