ADVERTISEMENT

F*** Scott Frost

Frost played his role for UCF and turned the program around and went home. Thanks for the great job! Good luck in Nebraska. I like the coach we have now, better. I hope he stays at UCF a long time.
count me as confused but UCF have these for season before that 2015 season
2013 12-1 with a bowl win over #6 Baylor
2014 9-4 bowl loss to NCState

hmmm does not look like Frosty really did much for UCF. now if UCF had had multiple losing season before Frosty took over that would be different.

thanks so Frosty did didn't have that big of a impact on your recruiting now did it. as I believe most of last seasons recruits RS'd.

with Frosty now in the BT all those Nebby fans talk about how they are going to run the BT.
Yeah he’ll do okay but I don’t think he’s going to run the Big10. Like I said in another thread he has zero Florida recruits this cycle. None. His system relies on speed

Yeah he’ll do okay but I don’t think he’s going to run the Big10. Like I said in another thread he has zero Florida recruits this cycle. None. His system relies on speed

Don’t know with Urban Crier leaving OsU he suddenly is one of the hottest commodities in the B1G.

NGEbraska lost Ozigbo and Stanley Morgan on offense. Additionally, their defense probably won’t get much better next year

If QB Martinez gets hurt, they are screwed

That being said, the schedule is very favorable. I think that they will win 8 games

7-9 for sure and finally a bowl game. Still irrelevant

I had them 6-6 in 2018

Nebraska lives rent free in your head lmao
Spoken from “Black_shirts Forever” troll changing his username, coming back here and monitoring our board 24/7. The UCF obsession is real :joy:

Love how they all showed up during the first half of the Memphis game, then crickets in the second half.

Haters gonna hate!

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
i might/might not get a bunch of blowback for saying this, but I remember how shitty it felt walking out of this stadium last year and finding out he already decided to leave our program. The biggest win in our program’s history, not even five minutes to enjoy it. So stoked that the entire staff is intact and coming back next year to keep elevating us. Go Knights, go Hype!

A much better feeling...

That and Kelly Slater sat close to our seats tonight! Could be in a suite but The King chose to be with the fans! What a great night!

Only if Fraud could have given ANY signal publicly he was leaving for Big Red prior to the AAC Championship Game in 2017.

Oh wait...here is Fraud wearing his "red" shirt on Knight Walk to show his real intentions, plus, be able to jump on plane immediately afterward and already have his nebraska wardrobe ready to go.

Frost-wears-red-shirt-to-AAC-Championship-Game.png

Not a big fan of people hating on Frost. He did big things for us, and was offered his dream job at his old school with a 2-3million $ a year increase. Who wouldn’t take that deal. I’d agree about the announcement during the championship game was BS but he didn’t announce it during the game. He didn’t even meantion it post interview

Not a big fan of people hating on Frost. He did big things for us, and was offered his dream job at his old school with a 2-3million $ a year increase. Who wouldn’t take that deal. I’d agree about the announcement during the championship game was BS but he didn’t announce it during the game. He didn’t even meantion it post interview

It's not Frost I hate. Its the Nobraska Cornfumbler trolls that come here and try to preach to us.

Reactions: Mikesi
Nothing but love for Frosty. Secretly, I enjoyed Nebraska losing not because I have anything against Frost, love him, but because of some of the Nebraska posters on here. But the season we just had and the one before would not have been possible without him. If OU or tOSU had opened up I don't think he would have left. But it was his home. I can never fault a man for going home, especially when momma needs you as bad as Nebraska needed him to come home. Thank you Scott Frost for getting us back on track! If Heup leaves at the end of the season or next for a higher paying gig, not necessarily better, we are in position to attract quality candidates partly because of what Frost did here. You don't go from 0-12 to 13-0 in two seasons if you aren't a good coach and the school is a proven winner with almost limitless possibilities. Who will be our Bobby Bowden? If a guy can recruit and coach he could have the kind of run here that Bowden had at FSU. I really wish we would adopt the moniker anybody, anywhere, anytime.

Yeah I don't get the hate for him. Yes he left but Nebraska is home he was born and raised there on top of winning them a a share of the national title. And we are not in the position we're in now without him and the culture he established here. I've been rooting for him there and will continue to unless we play them of course :)

Disappointment in him leaving is fine. Anger over him leaving can be understood. Trying to say he didn't do anything for UCF football is flat out stupid.

Agree. I was very disappointed when he left, and upset at the way it was announced, but not at him. He left UCF better than he found it and that was all we could ask for. I said the day he was hired that if he leaves after 2-3 years that means he did one helluva job and put us in a much better position for the next coach.

I think Heupel is a better fit for our school and our culture, and I hope he is here for a very long time. It has been a year, I just don't understand the bitterness some still feel toward Frost. I think a lot of it is that UCF football is still comparatively young and has very few true heroes and a only a new rabid fan base.

Can't wait for 15-20 years from now when we bring home HC McKenzie Milton to lead the powerhouse and multiple national championship winning UCF Knights out of the tunnel! That's what going home was for Frost, how can anyone still be upset with him for that?

I don’t hate Frost and appreciate what he did to reenergize our program, but some of the well known stories about his departure made him a douchebag in a lot of UCF fans eyes

As far as the fans, I hate the trolls, but realize that’s only a small fraction of their fanbase

That being said, they are all generally arrogant

Reactions: Knight_Light
I don’t hate Frost and appreciate what he did to reenergize our program, but some of the well known stories about his departure made him a douchebag in a lot of UCF fans eyes

As far as the fans, I hate the trolls, but realize that’s only a small fraction of their fanbase

That being said, they are all generally arrogant
Dont judge the entire fanbase because of me. Granted, I'm better than everyone else but that doesnt make me arrogant either, just superior in all ways. Most fans of any team arent on that level.

Dont judge the entire fanbase because of me. Granted, I'm better than everyone else but that doesnt make me arrogant either, just superior in all ways. Most fans of any team arent on that level.
I’m not including you at all

The title of this thread made me laugh though

Only on a UCF board. That’s why it’s so popular

you'll never get me to hate on scott frost after all that he did with this team. shoot i don't even hate o'leary.
Interesting that you mention Coach Oleary. Non of what we see today happens without Oleary.

We all were critical of coach Oleary at times due to the inconsistency in winning but there’s no doubt that he built the foundation of what we see today. Coach Oleary I thought was suppose to serve in a ambassador position and has been getting a paycheck every year but it seems he’s nowhere to be found these days.

I think enough time has past and the program is now on good footing again we’re by Coach Oleary should become more of a mainstay around the program again. His knowledge of the game and building character in young men still applies today. I also would love to see coach Oleary out there on the recruiting trail for us which I think only enhances the program. Just my opinion...

For goodness sake we have his statue out front so at some point he needs to get active again with the program.

I know some of the old coaches come back from time to time but I would love to see more active involvement from former coaches and players. I know a lot of players come back that we never hear about.

One thing I’d love to see in the future is a separate building just for hall of fame UCF athletes and coaches. All the athletes and team information for every sport is housed here. All the professional former players get more visibility and based on what they did at UCF and professionally. Put it right in front of the stadium. Make sure to include some administrative offices and some small class rooms so it can be partially funded with public dollars.

Interesting that you mention Coach Oleary. Non of what we see today happens without Oleary.

We all were critical of coach Oleary at times due to the inconsistency in winning but there’s no doubt that he built the foundation of what we see today. Coach Oleary I thought was suppose to serve in a ambassador position and has been getting a paycheck every year but it seems he’s nowhere to be found these days.

I think enough time has past and the program is now on good footing again we’re by Coach Oleary should become more of a mainstay around the program again. His knowledge of the game and building character in young men still applies today. I also would love to see coach Oleary out there on the recruiting trail for us which I think only enhances the program. Just my opinion...

For goodness sake we have his statue out front so at some point he needs to get active again with the program.

I know some of the old coaches come back from time to time but I would love to see more active involvement from former coaches and players. I know a lot of players come back that we never hear about.

One thing I’d love to see in the future is a separate building just for hall of fame UCF athletes and coaches. All the athletes and team information for every sport is housed here. All the professional former players get more visibility and based on what they did at UCF and professionally. Put it right in front of the stadium. Make sure to include some administrative offices and some small class rooms so it can be partially funded with public dollars.
O’leary is 10 times the person that Scott Frost could ever be. Jury is out on Heupel, but so far, so good

Last edited:

He’s active with the program. He’s cashing those $200,000 checks every year

Reactions: Mikesi
O’leary is 10 times the person that Scott Frost could ever be.
Makes sense to me. Five days after naming George O'Leary its new head football coach, the University of Notre Dame announced today that O'Leary had resigned suddenly after admitting to falsifying parts of his academic and athletic background.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Makes sense to me. Five days after naming George O'Leary its new head football coach, the University of Notre Dame announced today that O'Leary had resigns suddenly after admitting to falsifying parts of his academic and athletic background.
I like straight shooters and I would trust that man anyday instead of having scumbag private meetings in Philadelphia on UCF’s dollar. Allegedly. That whole resume thing was so petty.

That’s just me

Excellence fund money. Did anyone who thought it was solely for Frost and his assistants get a refund?

I like straight shooters and I would trust that man anyday instead of having scumbag private meetings in Philadelphia on UCF’s dollar. Allegedly. That whole resume thing was so petty.

That’s just me
I can understand where you're coming from, but it's commonplace in the coaching industry.

I can understand where you're coming from, but it's commonplace in the coaching industry.
That’s why it’s just my opinion. That really annoyed a lot of people. I’m not sure GOL would have been so secretive. Also, for such a rah-rah UCF guy, the whole red shirt thing was so disrespectful.

The VAST majority of the SF haters here would have done the exact same thing if given the opportunity. You're really going to fault the guy for going home to his family and alma mater, and taking his shot at returning Nebraska to their glory days(along with a nice pay raise to boot?) I still remember Marc Daniels and Pat Clarke telling the story of how torn he was with the decision, unfortunately the timing sucked. As for the announcement, it certainly wasn't his fault that some tool at ESPN couldn't sit on it for a few hours when asked to.

Personally, I'm extremely grateful to both SF and GOL for the amazing jobs both men have done in the growth of our football program. And I love our new guy too, just have my fingers crossed that Lincoln Riley doesn't fall for the lure of coaching in the NFL.

I still remember Marc Daniels and Pat Clarke telling the story of how torn he was with the decision, unfortunately the timing sucked
That whole story was such a complete contrast to what NGEbraska people are saying and how Frost was acting. It’s the story that UCF fans would have liked to believe, but then why the red shirt??

Maybe he was really torn because his wife wanted to stay in Winter Park.

Let’s be honest. I’d take that money too. You know you would too
I wouldn’t actually. I would stay in sunny Florida at the lower pressure, stable and less stressful job. Be a beloved coach for decades and show patience and wait for a P5 invite which is a matter of time only. Then be king of the world

He’s a NGEbraska/Tom Osborne guy and that’s the main reason

The money was just icing on the cake for him

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT