ADVERTISEMENT

Fat George strikes again: Zimmerman sues Trayvon Martin’s family, prosecutors for $100 million

George Zimmerman, the Florida neighborhood watchman who shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in 2012, filed a $100 million lawsuit Wednesday against the teen’s family, a publishing firm and a law enforcement agency for defamation and “malicious prosecution.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...s-trayvon-martins-family-prosecutors-million/

Even if it was self defense, the idea of suing the parents of a killed child is wrong. Assuming he can't work and tossing hail Marys to get paid. Probably tossed out immediately.

Even if it was self defense, the idea of suing the parents of a killed child is wrong. Assuming he can't work and tossing hail Marys to get paid. Probably tossed out immediately.

He's an asshole. I understand why he was found not guilty and agreed with the verdict but he's done nothing since that time to make the rest of society wish that Trayvon had beaten his damn brains inward that night.

Weird how some of the posters here who no doubt defended Zimmerman against a hoodie-wearing thug (i.e. an unarmed Black teen) now realize he was a disgusting a-hole looking for trouble all along.

Their recent epiphany might have occurred back when it happened if the teenage victim had been a blond haired, blue-eyed, letter jacket wearer.

Weird how some of the posters here who no doubt defended Zimmerman against a hoodie-wearing thug (i.e. an unarmed Black teen) now realize he was a disgusting a-hole looking for trouble all along.

Their recent epiphany might have occurred back when it happened if the teenage victim had been a blond haired, blue-eyed, letter jacket wearer.
People jump on sides immediately with every issue. If George was following a hot blonde girl and she surprised him, kicked him in the nuts, people would see George differently.

People jump on sides immediately with every issue. If George was following a hot blonde girl and she surprised him, kicked him in the nuts, people would see George differently.
That’s not what happened though. He’s an asshole but facts still matter.

Reactions: UCFWayne

Swing and miss, dummy. But nice try.

Oh come on. Zimmer was and is a waste of oxygen but just because he's a bad guy doesnt mean that Martin was innocent, and please spare us all the racist crap.

No need to regurgitate the whole damn debate all over again. But a couple things need to be pointed out:
Oh come on. Zimmer was and is a waste of oxygen but just because he's a bad guy doesnt mean that Martin was innocent
Martin was being stalked in the dark by a strange-looking dude he didn't know -- but he's the one at fault because he decided to defend himself from a stalker who was seen calling his buddies for back-up???!?
please spare us all the racist crap.
If this had been a white guy or a female of any race or color who was being stalked in the dark, the outcome would have been different. You and I both know it.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
No need to regurgitate the whole damn debate all over again. But a couple things need to be pointed out:
Martin was being stalked in the dark by a strange-looking dude he didn't know -- but he's the one at fault because he decided to defend himself from a stalker who was seen calling his buddies for back-up???!?
If this had been a white guy or a female of any race or color who was being stalked in the dark, the outcome would have been different. You and I both know it.

I don't know why I bother explaining this to you but Trayvon threw the first punch and proceeded to beat George's ass pretty badly. That's not defense.

Calling his buddies for back up? You mean the police?

But whatever. I am sure you read the all of the reports of this investigation, followed the trial, and studied the case law surrounding this whole ordeal meticulously. Sure sounds like you did.

I don't know why I bother explaining this to you but Trayvon threw the first punch and proceeded to beat George's ass pretty badly. That's not defense.

But whatever. I am sure you read the all of the reports of this investigation, followed the trial, and studied the case law surrounding this whole ordeal meticulously. Sure sounds like you did.
People only remember what they want. Zimmerman was and is a POS but it only takes 10 seconds to research why Martin was even at his fathers house instead of being in school. Martin was far from a saint. Did he deserve to die, NO. Was he innocent, NO.

How is this fat sack of shit still alive? I would have put money on someone taking him out in a revenge killing.

Reactions: ShinobiWolf
People only remember what they want. Zimmerman was and is a POS but it only takes 10 seconds to research why Martin was even at his fathers house instead of being in school. Martin was far from a saint. Did he deserve to die, NO. Was he innocent, NO.
Why he was at his father's house has nothing to do with anything.

George followed Trayvon around. Trayvon jumped George. George shot Trayvon. What did I miss?
A whole lot of important details. We’ve been through it here before. The verdict was the right one, no matter how much of an asshole Zimmerman turned out to be. The fact that people are still misrepresenting the facts and ignoring the verdict and calling him a murderer is wrong. People making money off of intentionally lying about the facts of the case is wrong.

A whole lot of important details. We’ve been through it here before. The verdict was the right one, no matter how much of an asshole Zimmerman turned out to be. The fact that people are still misrepresenting the facts and ignoring the verdict and calling him a murderer is wrong. People making money off of intentionally lying about the facts of the case is wrong.
You didn't answer the question.

Did those links accuse me of misrepresenting the facts or did you?
You said we would react differently if Trayvon was a blonde woman that kicked him in the nuts. Of course we would because most likely the blonde woman wouldn’t represent a threat of grave bodily injury or death and kicking in the nuts wouldn’t either. At the point that Trayvon was straddling him bashing his head against the sidewalk, that did indeed qualify as an imminent threat of grave bodily harm or death. So you created an obviously unequal theoretical to play a racial angle. Not cool.

Then you greatly oversimplified the facts and situation in your next post. Leaving out so much context that it implied that Zimmerman was a cold-blooded murderer. The greatest lies have grains of truth, and yours was that. Horribly so.

Trayvon threw the first punch and proceeded to beat George's ass pretty badly. That's not defense.
Some weirdo guy is clearly stalking him in the dark for crying out loud. That wouldn't freak you out if you were this teen?

Did Martin know that? As far as he was concerned this weird dude was calling a bunch of his buddies over so they could all come over and beat the sh*t out of him. All the more reason to stop this guy before it happened.

It's funny how Zimmerman was afforded the right to say he 'acted out of fear' for his life' but somehow, for some strange reason, the victim wasn't given that same right to defend himself
(with nothing but his fists) out of fear that something bad was about to happen to him

Some weirdo guy is clearly stalking him in the dark for crying out loud. That wouldn't freak you out if you were this teen?

Did Martin know that? As far as he was concerned this weird dude was calling a bunch of his buddies over so they could all come over and beat the sh*t out of him. All the more reason to stop this guy before it happened.

It's funny how Zimmerman was afforded the right to say he 'acted out of fear' for his life' but somehow, for some strange reason, the victim wasn't given that same right to defend himself
(with nothing but his fists) out of fear that something bad was about to happen to him

It's funny how you assume that Martin knew George was on the phone with his "buddies" calling them to come beat the shit out of them. If you knew anything about the case, George wasn't on the phone as he was following Martin. He had already placed the call, parked his car, and was following him on foot. Trayvon was the one on the phone. But hey, you read the case files and followed the trial and knew all about this beforehand, I see.

Um, Zimmerman was afforded that right BECAUSE HE WAS HAVING HIS FACE BASHED INTO THE CONCRETE AND HIS ASS WAS GETTING BEAT. That is grave danger. Following someone around isn't. You can play this "well he didn't know that" game all day long and the law is/was still on George's side whether you like it or not.

You are a master at doubling or tripling down on your own ignorance. You should go read through the coverage that I posted and get smarter about it.

But I’ll give you a lifeline. Zimmerman lost sight of Trayvon while he was on the phone with dispatch. Where Trayvon was at the time that Zimmerman lost him, Trayvon had plenty of time to get home and to safety. Except Trayvon didn’t go home. Trayvon doubled back and ambushed Zimmerman.

Zimmerman lost sight of Trayvon while he was on the phone with dispatch. Where Trayvon was at the time that Zimmerman lost him, Trayvon had plenty of time to get home and to safety. Except Trayvon didn’t go home.
Zimmerman was told by the police dispatcher to stay away. Except George didn't stay away.

You said we would react differently if Trayvon was a blonde woman that kicked him in the nuts. Of course we would because most likely the blonde woman wouldn’t represent a threat of grave bodily injury or death and kicking in the nuts wouldn’t either. At the point that Trayvon was straddling him bashing his head against the sidewalk, that did indeed qualify as an imminent threat of grave bodily harm or death. So you created an obviously unequal theoretical to play a racial angle. Not cool.

Then you greatly oversimplified the facts and situation in your next post. Leaving out so much context that it implied that Zimmerman was a cold-blooded murderer. The greatest lies have grains of truth, and yours was that. Horribly so.

You just summed up the inherent racism. You perceive a black man as a threat and a blonde woman as not a threat when presented with a similar scenario of "grave bodily injury" to Zimmerman. Would Zimmerman have followed Martin if he were an unfamiliar blonde woman? Maybe. However, your view would change from Zimmerman policing his neighbourhood to Zimmerman being a creepy stalker. I'm not calling you a racist, just want you to recognize that there is a racial bias towards Martin both by Zimmerman and by the public who excuse Zimmerman's actions because he "felt threatened". He could have felt just as threatened toward an unfamiliar blonde woman but public would not excuse that.

Reactions: DaShuckster
You are a master at doubling or tripling down on your own ignorance. You should go read through the coverage that I posted and get smarter about it.

But I’ll give you a lifeline. Zimmerman lost sight of Trayvon while he was on the phone with dispatch. Where Trayvon was at the time that Zimmerman lost him, Trayvon had plenty of time to get home and to safety. Except Trayvon didn’t go home. Trayvon doubled back and ambushed Zimmerman.

This part we don't know because we don't have Trayvon's account.

You just summed up the inherent racism. You perceive a black man as a threat and a blonde woman as not a threat when presented with a similar scenario of "grave bodily injury" to Zimmerman. Would Zimmerman have followed Martin if he were an unfamiliar blonde woman? Maybe. However, your view would change from Zimmerman policing his neighbourhood to Zimmerman being a creepy stalker. I'm not calling you a racist, just want you to recognize that there is a racial bias towards Martin both by Zimmerman and by the public who excuse Zimmerman's actions because he "felt threatened". He could have felt just as threatened toward an unfamiliar blonde woman but public would not excuse that.
A theoretical woman would statistically not be of similar physical stature and so would not represent an equivalent force. Also, kicking in the nuts is not generally seen as grave bodily harm and you didn’t say anything else so there was no pressing of an attack that would indicate a reasonable fear of death or grave bodily harm.

OTOH, a physically fit young man that is taller than you that has already sucker punched you, knocked you to the ground, is straddling you this pinning you while reining blows to your head “MMA-style”, one of which broke your nose and your head is banging off of the concrete definitely represents grave bodily harm and an imminent reasonable threat of death.

Your playing the race card here is the only inherent race card in this conversation. There was no evidence that Zimmerman was racist, the media ran a black and white picture of Zimmerman because he is Latino and they wanted to play a black-white angle, and a color picture would’ve show the dude was at least part Latino. So they ran with Zimmerman as a white guy killing an unarmed black youth until they couldn’t. And on and on.

zimmerman is an asshole. no doubt about that. but the law was on his side vs martin. i wish it didnt come to the kid losing his life, but he made a choice to circle around and attack zimmerman instead of going home to get fu;k up on lean like he had planned. bad choices were made by both that night but the law was with zimmerman.

im just glad that once the verdict came out, that sanford didnt have a massive riot. they were on the edge and could have easily done so. im glad cooler heads prevailed that weekend.

Your playing the race card here is the only inherent race card in this conversation. There was no evidence that Zimmerman was racist
Baloney. I recall at the time that the Miami Herald ran stories of some of the racist crap he said on Myspace about Blacks and (ironically) Mexicans.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that Zimmerman's $100 million lawsuit comes about on the release of a book and documentary entitled the Trayvon Hoax. The film's director is a right-wing conspiracy nutjob who's other documentary exposes' include: "Paul McCartney Really is Dead", Elvis Found Alive, and "Dreams of My Real Father" that included all kinds of wacko Obama allegations.

If you think Zimmerman was guilty he is essentially living a prison sentence without the tax waste. I doubt he can ever work a normal job.

I personally think this scenario was the perfect storm. Martin was clearly an aggressive kid who got expelled from school 3 times. Then Zimmerman that clearly was a bit fast on the trigger. I even look at his allegations of domestic violence.

A theoretical woman would statistically not be of similar physical stature and so would not represent an equivalent force. Also, kicking in the nuts is not generally seen as grave bodily harm and you didn’t say anything else so there was no pressing of an attack that would indicate a reasonable fear of death or grave bodily harm.

OTOH, a physically fit young man that is taller than you that has already sucker punched you, knocked you to the ground, is straddling you this pinning you while reining blows to your head “MMA-style”, one of which broke your nose and your head is banging off of the concrete definitely represents grave bodily harm and an imminent reasonable threat of death.

Your playing the race card here is the only inherent race card in this conversation. There was no evidence that Zimmerman was racist, the media ran a black and white picture of Zimmerman because he is Latino and they wanted to play a black-white angle, and a color picture would’ve show the dude was at least part Latino. So they ran with Zimmerman as a white guy killing an unarmed black youth until they couldn’t. And on and on.

His last name is Zimmerman, so which angle Latino or white would you expect them to go with?

The physical stature of someone has nothing to do with whether a person legal can claim self-defense if they feel that their life is threatened. Repeated punches to the face or kicks to the balls both cause "grave boldly harm" in my book, not sure about yours.

If you think Zimmerman was guilty he is essentially living a prison sentence without the tax waste. I doubt he can ever work a normal job.

I personally think this scenario was the perfect storm. Martin was clearly an aggressive kid who got expelled from school 3 times. Then Zimmerman that clearly was a bit fast on the trigger. I even look at his allegations of domestic violence.

What does Martin's record in high school have to do with anything? It's about as relevant as Zimmerman's arrest record.

Baloney. I recall at the time that the Miami Herald ran stories of some of the racist crap he said on Myspace about Blacks and (ironically) Mexicans.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that Zimmerman's $100 million lawsuit comes about on the release of a book and documentary entitled the Trayvon Hoax. The film's director is a right-wing conspiracy nutjob who's other documentary exposes' include: "Paul McCartney Really is Dead", Elvis Found Alive, and "Dreams of My Real Father" that included all kinds of wacko Obama allegations.
I think he was talking about some inherent racism in me, not in Zimmerman. Also, you may not realize that Zimmerman worked with black charities in Sanford prior to the event. Doesn’t make him not racist, but he’s not a racist monster like you try to portray him.

The Miami Herald ran a bunch of shit fed to them by Crump and associates. Their goal was to poison the jury pool, stir the public narrative, and gain themselves business. It worked great for them.

The MSM almost universally used years-old photographs of Trayvon to depict him as smaller and more angelic than he was at the time of the event too. The amount of misinformation in the media narrative around this is astounding. It’s truly frustrating because this was the beginning of a big wedge driven through the heart of America. If that needed to happen, fine, but it should’ve happened from a place of truth and not from a bed of falsehoods.

His last name is Zimmerman, so which angle Latino or white would you expect them to go with?

The physical stature of someone has nothing to do with whether a person legal can claim self-defense if they feel that their life is threatened. Repeated punches to the face or kicks to the balls both cause "grave boldly harm" in my book, not sure about yours.
Physical stature absolutely plays into it. If you’re attacked by a 6’6 300 pound biker who looks like he just got out from a murder stint, and you are a 5’9” 100 point weakling, you would be reasonable in fearing that the biker was about to cause you grave bodily harm or death and no one would expect that your fists could meet his with equivalent force. Therefore, you’d be within your legal rights to escalate to a weapon to regain proportionality of force when defending yourself.

And you said one kick to the nuts. If the attacker presses the attack to repeated kicks, that changes everything. Details matter.

What does Martin's record in high school have to do with anything? It's about as relevant as Zimmerman's arrest record.
It would only matter in the case if Zimmerman knew of the school record, which he didn’t. In the court of public opinion, though, apparently anything goes.

I recall seeing the injury report and a picture of George's face but I sure don't remember a camera being there to film the whole thing.

I wonder if Michael Drejka, the moron who shot and killed an unarmed Florida Black man who came back from the 7 11 store to defend his wife who was being harassed by that creep would have gotten convicted if there hadn't been video evidence of exactly what happened. He 'feared for his life' too.

Last edited:
Physical stature absolutely plays into it. If you’re attacked by a 6’6 300 pound biker who looks like he just got out from a murder stint, and you are a 5’9” 100 point weakling, you would be reasonable in fearing that the biker was about to cause you grave bodily harm or death and no one would expect that your fists could meet his with equivalent force. Therefore, you’d be within your legal rights to escalate to a weapon to regain proportionality of force when defending yourself.

And you said one kick to the nuts. If the attacker presses the attack to repeated kicks, that changes everything. Details matter.

5'6"- 6'6", it doesn't matter, only that a person reasonably believes that using force is necessary to prevent imminent death. To do that you have to get inside someone's head or believe their story.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT