ADVERTISEMENT

Fat George strikes again: Zimmerman sues Trayvon Martin’s family, prosecutors for $100 million

Agree with much of this except for a couple things. Manslaughter is a lesser included offense for murder and IIRC the jury was given instructions on manslaughter.
Had they charged Zimmerman with manslaughter that night, like the Sanford PD detective wanted, Zimmerman would have probably cop'd a plea to involuntary manslaughter, and gotten out on parole in 3-5 years.

BTW, involuntary manslaughter is up to 15 years in Florida, whereas only up to 4 years in California.

The Sanford PD can say whatever they want, but there’s a reason Wolfinger didn’t pursue manslaughter charges originally. The facts didn’t change even though the political pressure from above resulted in the state wasting taxpayer money on a show trial.
The Sanford PD is not who charges! It's the Seminole DA and, if they won't, the Florida AG! They both passed!

I don't know how many NRA and USCCA instructors I know that have pointed this out, as well as law enforcement. The Florida state AG screwed up, and the Seminole DA completely deferred to them, in both cases.

Had they charged Zimmerman with manslaughter that night, like the Sanford PD detective wanted, Zimmerman would have probably cop'd a plea to involuntary manslaughter, and gotten out on parole in 3-5 years.

BTW, involuntary manslaughter is up to 15 years in Florida, whereas only up to 4 years in California.

The Sanford PD is not who charges! It's the Seminole DA and, if they won't, the Florida AG! They both passed!

I don't know how many NRA and USCCA instructors I know that have pointed this out, as well as law enforcement. The Florida state AG screwed up, and the Seminole DA completely deferred to them, in both cases.
He didn't cop a plea to murder, so why do you think that we would cop to manslaughter? As I said, he was claiming self-defense, which is a perfect defense for manslaughter, so why would he take jail time at all? That would be horribly stupid of him and his legal representation.

No shit the PD doesn't charge for murder/manslaughter. You said that the Sanford PD (really this was detective Chris Serino) wanted to charge him with manslaughter, not me.

I said that the Seminole County State's Attorney at the time, Norm Wolfinger, declined to press charges of any type because he did not believe that there was sufficient evidence to pursue prosecution. He did not defer to the State AG, he recused himself from the case under pressure, which you can read as him being removed by Gov. Rick Scott. This occurred after Benjamin Crump wrote a full-of-shit letter that accused Wolfinger of interfering with the investigation and leveled accusations at the Sanford PD as well. Earlier on the day of Wolfinger's recusal, Scott met with Martin's family and assured them that Wolfinger would resign (hence he was removed) and Scott would install the Jacksonville State Attorney, Angela Corey, into the position as special prosecutor. Corey had a reputation of being aggressive and wildly overcharging suspects and burying them in paperwork trying to get them to plea out.

This was a public shitshow from the beginning that used disinformation in the media to drive actions in the judicial system at great taxpayer expense. In the end, the late Seminole County SA was right but the damage created by Benjamin Crump's win-at-all-cost efforts to win a case and enrich himself have a lasting permanence that has far overshadowed the reality of the case.

No shit the PD doesn't charge for murder/manslaughter. You said that the Sanford PD (really this was detective Chris Serino) wanted to charge him with manslaughter, not me.
Sorry, I mis-read your comment. I'm so used to the US Media getting so many things wrong.

I don't know how many NRA and USCCA instructors I know that have pointed this out, as well as law enforcement.

It's incredible. No matter the topic, you have either worked with or know a lot of people with great insight. Surely it has led to you being so very well versed in every arena.

It's incredible. No matter the topic, you have either worked with or know a lot of people with great insight. Surely it has led to you being so very well versed in every arena.
EDIT: This was more directed towards detractors ...

Well, he does have BS right there in his name...
Working in 37 different states at over 65 entities, and being the authority on a number of FLOSS technologies causes this, yes. I have worked in defense -- from air defense to close quarters, including law enforcement (especially federal) -- to financial -- from high speed trading to regional banks.

When I am not experienced, or have not had many experts in a field as colleagues, I keep my mouth shut, or am very forward about things.

But yes, in this area, I personally know and still interact with about 50 NRA and USCCA instructors (including my next door neighbor), have professional interacted with hundreds of ATF, CBP, DEA, ICE and FBI agents (I cannot go into a lot of details), and have been associated with many veterans of military police and the Coast Guard.

I am under NDA on what 'systems' I worked on, but there's a reason I know what I know. If you want to know more, have a beer with me at an away game sometime (or in the Cabana, Section 129). I am limited in what I can disclose, but it doesn't take much to figure it all out (especially from Wikipedia).

E.g., I was Red Hat's primary, post-sales (actual architecture/implementation), on-site, software defined storage (SDS) expert earlier this decade (until I left as a full time employee in 2014, and then went into the same role at HP, at least before HP crapped on my VP). My systems are those that storage all that anonymous Google map data (Census GEO) and pass along the quarterly economic reports to Congress (Census ECON), to other systems I cannot speak of, along with various trading (like the $2B Lehman Brothers engineering datacenter that Barclay's got for almost free).

I also don't think people realize what CBP actually does, let alone how bad ICE was during the Obama administration, compared to Trump. Again, I like to talk to agents on many things. The ATF and FBI will always be my 'primo source' on guns, let alone various law enforcement at non-federal levels too.

BTW, to everyone, there's also a reason I'm a freak'n Libertarian! If you want all of the privacy issues to stop, stop voting the 2 parties. In fact, you should thank the Framers of this country there are enough Libertarians in the US government that know the Constitution and live it very well.

Last edited:
Reactions: UCFKnightfan08
Working in 37 different states at over 65 entities, and being the authority on a number of FLOSS technologies causes this, yes. I have worked in defense -- from air defense to close quarters, including law enforcement (especially federal) -- to financial -- from high speed trading to regional banks.

When I am not experienced, or have not had many experts in a field as colleagues, I keep my mouth shut, or am very forward about things.

But yes, in this area, I personally know and still interact with about 50 NRA and USCCA instructors (including my next door neighbor), have professional interacted with hundreds of ATF, CBP, DEA, ICE and FBI agents (I cannot go into a lot of details), and have been associated with many veterans of military police and the Coast Guard. I'm sorry you feel the need to question.

But this has been my career, yes.
My response to the earlier was tongue-in-cheek, but I do have to say that you learn quite a bit about people's jobs when you have to design, build, and verify solutions for them. Especially if you take any interest at all in what they do and what their challenges are. You almost get to be as expert as them in some cases to be truly effective as a solution provider.

Reactions: UCFBS
My response to the earlier was tongue-in-cheek,
Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to 'bite your head off,' especially if you were being sincere.

but I do have to say that you learn quite a bit about people's jobs when you have to design, build, and verify solutions for them. Especially if you take any interest at all in what they do and what their challenges are. You almost get to be as expert as them in some cases to be truly effective as a solution provider.
Especially when you have to interact with C-levels (I'm going off-topic)
let alone there are 3-4 much larger primary contractors (than Red Hat) who always say they can 'do better than Red Hat' (when they don't). I think I've managed to enfuriate most of the major, prime federal contractors, software and defense -- (name one and it's likely I have, at multiple clients) when I was at Red Hat.

I finally got tired of 90+ hours/week and 'retired' to a regional bank in the heart of SEC country (at least when I don't get calls I 'cannot turn down'). I now work more 45 or so, and get to spend more time with UCF stuff, even if I make only 40% of what I used to. With my wife not holding a full-time job for the past 8 years, it is getting 'tight' though -- especially UCFAA, Inc.-wise.

Last edited:
EDIT: This was more directed towards detractors ...

But yes, in this area, I personally know and still interact with about 50 NRA and USCCA instructors (including my next door neighbor), have professional interacted with hundreds of ATF, CBP, DEA, ICE and FBI agents (I cannot go into a lot of details), and have been associated with many veterans of military police and the Coast Guard.

I am under NDA on what 'systems' I worked on, but there's a reason I know what I know. If you want to know more, have a beer with me at an away game sometime (or in the Cabana, Section 129). I am limited in what I can disclose, but it doesn't take much to figure it all out (especially from Wikipedia).

E.g., I was Red Hat's primary, post-sales (actual architecture/implementation), on-site, software defined storage (SDS) expert earlier this decade (until I left as a full time employee in 2014, and then went into the same role at HP, at least before HP crapped on my VP). My systems are those that storage all that anonymous Google map data (Census GEO) and pass along the quarterly economic reports to Congress (Census ECON), to other systems I cannot speak of, along with various trading (like the $2B Lehman Brothers engineering datacenter that Barclay's got for almost free).

I also don't think people realize what CBP actually does, let alone how bad ICE was during the Obama administration, compared to Trump. Again, I like to talk to agents on many things. The ATF and FBI will always be my 'primo source' on guns, let alone various law enforcement at non-federal levels too.

BTW, to everyone, there's also a reason I'm a freak'n Libertarian! If you want all of the privacy issues to stop, stop voting the 2 parties. In fact, you should thank the Framers of this country there are enough Libertarians in the US government that know the Constitution and live it very well.

You’re the most interesting man alive. You’re like James Bond and The Rock in one, if only they had a security clearance and acquaintances in every industry and government sector in America

You’re the most interesting man alive. You’re like James Bond and The Rock in one,
No. Sigh ... you guys keep making this about me, or braggart, or other BS. It's the opposite.

You guys just keep hitting on areas where I have unique exposure, especially law enforcement. And no, I can only detail the public information, and the first and second-hand (via me) details. But yes, talk to law enforcement. You'll get the same info as I do.

The CBP-ICE stuff bothers me most. Total demonizations of good people who are finally getting the support they need, and things are now better in 2018 than they were just 5 years ago in 2013!

if only they had a security clearance and acquaintances in every industry and government sector in America
Actually, everyone in government uses the (ultimately) OPM-managed system, and e-QIP, whether your public trust (SF85p) or other (SF86) for everyone from 'civilian' Q to 'defense' (also civilian used) TS/SCI et al. Now if only financial was like that!

BTW ... do you realize all of what Red Hat runs? It's not just Linux, but FLOSS infrastructure. I was usually only 1 guy, or in the case of a lead/manager of a 6-man team, among hundreds (even 1,000+) of others from major, prime contractors. And I was the architect, level 3 implementer when needed -- heck, we (3 + 2 man supplement team) got mentioned on NPR for 'saving the Census' when there was a 900 man prime contractor responsible (we weren't even on that!).

I broke down the entire infrastructure and automated the re-deploy, which we did over a 3-day weekend.

E.g., when you're the Red Hat expert on storage, as well as system automation, and you deal in peta-bytes, yeah, that tends to be someone 'involved in everything.' And having an engineering background in statistics, with SAS, R ... even Fortran (yes, it's still around), you get pulled into lots of things.

And I still get pulled into DC (went back for 4 months last year) by my associates. Sometimes it's not optional. And yes, I was one of the people called during the ACA (ObamaCare) Website 'Tech Surge.' I turned it down (I had multiple Red Hat competitors asking me to leave Red Hat for it too). I was already too exposed to political non-sense between the Census and other places. I don't go to DC (and surrounding DataCenters) if I can help it.

Jackass level: supreme master.
He is a jackass but I don’t blame him. If he doesn’t defend his honor, who will? Someone should stand up and call out all of the lies around this case so that maybe people will stop using it as a basis for a social movement. Better to use a case that actually had white supremacists killing a black teen out of hatred to drive the discussions and not some media-driven fantasy that now serves as an enrichment vehicle for the Benjamin Crump law firm and Sabrina Fulton.

He is a jackass but I don’t blame him. If he doesn’t defend his honor, who will? Someone should stand up and call out all of the lies around this case so that maybe people will stop using it as a basis for a social movement. Better to use a case that actually had white supremacists killing a black teen out of hatred to drive the discussions and not some media-driven fantasy that now serves as an enrichment vehicle for the Benjamin Crump law firm and Sabrina Fulton.

Agreed. These two cretins are just using the case to push their bullshit "white supremacy" nonsense.

Fat George would not have followed Trayvon if he were white.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
What does him being half hispanic (which is a culture not a race) have to do with the price of tea in China? He still racially profiled Trayvon Martin.
I was playing with your sloppily-worded statement.

Other than Trayvon being black, he was also in a non-waterproof hoodie in the rain, looking in windows, moving with no particular purpose, etc. His presence and behavior was unusual for the situation. Z called 911 and followed their instructions. When dispatch told them that he didn't need to follow, he went up to look at the street sign and then back to his car, which is when Trayvon jumped him. If you haven't read the trial transcript, or looked at a impartial analysis, then you don't have the real story. That jury wanted to convict Z and the evidence just didn't support it. Regardless of the public narrative.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Oh great, we're going to have to rehash the actual facts of this case again for someone who deliberately refuses to learn about them.

We already had to do this 1,000 times for Shookster.

Oh great, we're going to have to rehash the actual facts of this case again for someone who deliberately refuses to learn about them.

We already had to do this 1,000 times for Shookster.
Yeah. I'm not going through that effort again.

Weird how some of the posters here who no doubt defended Zimmerman against a hoodie-wearing thug (i.e. an unarmed Black teen) now realize he was a disgusting a-hole looking for trouble all along.

Their recent epiphany might have occurred back when it happened if the teenage victim had been a blond haired, blue-eyed, letter jacket wearer.
I was just thinking this.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
I was playing with your sloppily-worded statement.

Other than Trayvon being black, he was also in a non-waterproof hoodie in the rain, looking in windows, moving with no particular purpose, etc. His presence and behavior was unusual for the situation. Z called 911 and followed their instructions. When dispatch told them that he didn't need to follow, he went up to look at the street sign and then back to his car, which is when Trayvon jumped him. If you haven't read the trial transcript, or looked at a impartial analysis, then you don't have the real story. That jury wanted to convict Z and the evidence just didn't support it. Regardless of the public narrative.

"My heart goes out to @SybrinaFulton and Trayvon's family and friends. He should still be with us today.

We need to end gun violence and racism. And we need to build a world where all of our children—especially young Black boys—can grow up safe and free."

"Trayvon Martin would have been 25 today.

How many 25th birthdays have been stolen from us by white supremacy, gun violence, prejudice, and fear?"

Here are the 2 tweets by Warren and Buttigieg. Trayvon was both profiled (racism) and shot (gun violence).

"My heart goes out to @SybrinaFulton and Trayvon's family and friends. He should still be with us today.

We need to end gun violence and racism. And we need to build a world where all of our children—especially young Black boys—can grow up safe and free."

How many 25th birthdays have been stolen from us by white supremacy, gun violence, prejudice, and fear?"

Here are the 2 tweets by Warren and Buttigieg. Trayvon was both profiled (racism) and shot (gun violence).

Oh ok. So the facts of the case establish that Zimmerman shot and killed Martin since he was black?

Trayvon violently attacked a man and Zimmerman was deemed by a jury to have acted in justifiable self defense (not a gun violence statistic). The evidence entered in the case also does not support a racial profiling claim (even though the media drummed one up out of context).

You're either willfully ignorant to keep your bigotry intact or a blatant liar.

Trayvon violently attacked a man and Zimmerman was deemed by a jury to have acted in justifiable self defense (not a gun violence statistic). The evidence entered in the case also does not support a racial profiling claim (even though the media drummed one up out of context).

You're either willfully ignorant to keep your bigotry intact or a blatant liar.

Skate past his initial observation if you want to but Zimmerman called the police because he saw a black teenage ("these assholes") walking around his neighborhood.

Skate past his initial observation if you want to but Zimmerman called the police because he saw a black teenage ("these assholes") walking around his neighborhood.

Come ON, biz, you're just one of those gun-hating libs who keeps whining about Fat George's credibility. Zimmerman has demonstrated time and time again over the years what a stand-out guy and reliable witness he was. I can't imagine why you're still not buying Ol' George's eye-witness account of what happened. Sheeesh, give it up already.*

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Not ignoring anything. You’re assigning his “these assholes” to a racist intent. There’s no evidence that he did so. Given that there was a history of break-ins in the neighborhood, it was not unreasonable for him to be interested in someone who was behaving in a suspicious manner in conditions where most people would be hustling to get out of the rain.

Not ignoring anything. You’re assigning his “these assholes” to a racist intent. There’s no evidence that he did so. Given that there was a history of break-ins in the neighborhood, it was not unreasonable for him to be interested in someone who was behaving in a suspicious manner in conditions where most people would be hustling to get out of the rain.

You are being either naive or disingenuous if you think Zimmerman wasn't following Martin because of the way he looked. Zimmerman has a history of racism and anger issues but go ahead and keep defending him.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
You are being either naive or disingenuous if you think Zimmerman wasn't following Martin because of the way he looked. Zimmerman has a history of racism and anger issues but go ahead and keep defending him.

He had accusations about domestic abuse but I'm not aware he had racial issues. That being said if he did murder Martin, usually karma gets you.

Imagine being so goddamn stupid you defend zimmerman, a man who had called 911 hundreds of times looking for a fight.

Wow.

No one is defending him. It’s not our fault you guys have the cognitive ability of ants or just demand to see this case only one way

Facts:

Zommerman is an asshole
Martin would be alive if he didn’t attack and beat Zimmerman
Zimmerman shot Martin in legal self defense

How do I know this? Oh that’s right, this was litigated in court and a jury agreed to the above

It's the 265 million dollars that's jackass level. He wont win, and he probably screwed his chances of having a reasonable settlement. Pretty hard to prove 265 million dollars in damages for anyone, let alone a guy with an already terrible reputation.

No one is defending him. It’s not our fault you guys have the cognitive ability of ants or just demand to see this case only one way

Facts:

Martin would be alive if he didn’t attack and beat Zimmerman
Fact? Really??!? I must have missed the testimony from all the eye witnesses who testified that Martin jumped Zimmerman.

I do recall that's what Zimmerman said happened. All we know for sure is that Fat George got some cuts and bruises to the back of his head and Trayvon got....shot dead.

He did not have history story of racism. You’re flat out lying here. He had black friends who defended him early on in the process, he opened a business with a black partner, he volunteered at a Sanford charity that served black people. Casting him as a racist was the media and Crump narrative. Congratulations, you bought it. Do some actual research into his past prior to the incident.

As for whether being black aided to the suspicion Z had, sure. But mainly because the people who had been breaking into cars in the neighborhood where described as black with other similarities in their description. Not because he was out there calling the police on every single black person he saw.

There’s plenty about Zimmerman to dislike, but this false narrative is not helping anything.

Fact? Really??!? I must have missed the testimony from all the eye witnesses who testified that Martin jumped Zimmerman.

I do recall that's what Zimmerman said happened. All we know for sure is that Fat George got some cuts and bruises to the back of his head and Trayvon got....shot dead.

Just think, Der Shookboi: Trayvon could be making $4.35 an hour in your racially profiled dreamworld if Fat George hadn't racially profiled him.

There’s plenty about Zimmerman to dislike, but this false narrative is not helping anything.
It's a false narrative that Fat George is an racist a-hole?

A few years ago George was thrown out of a Florida cigar bar for picking a fight with a Black employee and then yelling a racial slur at him as he was being escorted out of the establishment.

I'm curious, is that a false narrative too?

Exactly what facts are you willing to charge for murder in that case. Outside of thinking he did it.

Reactions: UCFBS and UCFWayne
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT