ADVERTISEMENT

Fat George strikes again: Zimmerman sues Trayvon Martin’s family, prosecutors for $100 million

Exactly what facts are you willing to charge for murder in that case. Outside of thinking he did it.
WTF? "Outside of thinking he did it"??? You think he DIDN'T do it???

Hey, I never thought Fat George should be charged with murder. But in most of the country (outside of Florida), it would have been considered a fairly straight forward case of manslaughter.

Hey, I never thought Fat George should be charged with murder. But in most of the country (outside of Florida), it would have been considered a fairly straight forward case of manslaughter.
And he would’ve been acquitted in every other state as well. The standards of self defense aren’t different, with the exception of duty to retreat states (mainly Ohio) and there is no duty to retreat when someone is on top of you banging your head into a concrete sidewalk. Keep spreading your lies though, you seem to like looking like an ignorant asshat.

And he would’ve been acquitted in every other state as well. The standards of self defense aren’t different, with the exception of duty to retreat states (mainly Ohio) and there is no duty to retreat when someone is on top of you banging your head into a concrete sidewalk. Keep spreading your lies though, you seem to like looking like an ignorant asshat.

I highly doubt that. He instigated the entire thing, so you can't claim self defense if you are the one on instigates it, and many states would have seen it that way.

Possibly. I think some behavior he displayed post trial leads me to think he could easily overreach situations. I don't believe at all he was trying to hunt down a 17 year old in cold blood. When you're talking about locking someone up for 25+ years there needs to be strong evidence. Even Martin had issues getting suspended from school multiple times which is why he was in Sanford in the first place.

George only knows exactly what happened. If he was guilty you always get hit with karma later.

I highly doubt that. He instigated the entire thing, so you can't claim self defense if you are the one on instigates it, and many states would have seen it that way.

Martin jumped Zimmerman. In what world are you imagining this? Following someone may be unsettling and creepy but it's neither illegal nor justification for attacking that person. The facts of the case as already litigated in court showed that Zimmerman told the police that he lost Martin, that Martin had a clear path to walk away and be done with the situation, but that he hid and waited for Zimmerman to jump him.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Martin jumped Zimmerman. In what world are you imagining this? Following someone may be unsettling and creepy but it's neither illegal nor justification for attacking that person. The facts of the case as already litigated in court showed that Zimmerman told the police that he lost Martin, that Martin had a clear path to walk away and be done with the situation, but that he hid and waited for Zimmerman to jump him.

This is why stand your ground is such a dumb law. So basically, it was ok for Zimmerman to stalk and harass someone, but that person had no right to "stand his ground", but the armed stalker had the right to "stand his ground" after stalking someone. Anyway, Zimmerman is a POS and no matter what the dumb Florida law says, the reason Martin is dead is because Zimmerman caused the entire event to happen.

Reactions: DaShuckster
This is why stand your ground is such a dumb law. So basically, it was ok for Zimmerman to stalk and harass someone, but that person had no right to "stand his ground", but the armed stalker had the right to "stand his ground" after stalking someone. Anyway, Zimmerman is a POS and no matter what the dumb Florida law says, the reason Martin is dead is because Zimmerman caused the entire event to happen.
he should have gone home and gotten drunk like his original plan for that night

Jesus dude, you don't have a basic understanding of SYG or basic legal self defense, for which this falls under. SYG was not even applicable here since this was a case of historically accepted legal self defense. The court case findings showed that Martin had a clear opportunity to walk away and was no longer anywhere near Zimmerman but he doubled back to wait for him to attack him. At that point, Martin is the attacker and Zimmerman is the person being assailed, and entitled to apply legal self defense. If you want to make suspecting that someone may be following you grounds for killing that person, then enjoy the carnage all over every major city street and sidewalk every day.

Your last sentence says it all. You're determined to throw away the entire findings of the court case because it's more convenient for you to stick with your own version of the case.

Jesus dude, you don't have a basic understanding of SYG or basic legal self defense, for which this falls under. SYG was not even applicable here since this was a case of historically accepted legal self defense. The court case findings showed that Martin had a clear opportunity to walk away and was no longer anywhere near Zimmerman but he doubled back to wait for him to attack him. At that point, Martin is the attacker and Zimmerman is the person being assailed, and entitled to apply legal self defense. If you want to make suspecting that someone may be following you grounds for killing that person, then enjoy the carnage all over every major city street and sidewalk every day.

Your last sentence says it all. You're determined to throw away the entire findings of the court case because it's more convenient for you to stick with your own version of the case.

SO I guess you agree with every court decision ever made then? OJ was falsely accused in your view? Casey Anthony falsely accused?

SO I guess you agree with every court decision ever made then? OJ was falsely accused in your view? Casey Anthony falsely accused?

Hmm, strawman much? You've all but admitted you didn't even follow this court case so on what grounds can you even say you disagree with the jury?

Hmm, strawman much? You've all but admitted you didn't even follow this court case so on what grounds can you even say you disagree with the jury?

It isn't a strawman at all it is your logic. Your argument was because the courts decided this so we cant debate it. SO by your logic, we can't argue any court case ever.

Im not good at defending stupid laws and a psychopath who murdered and unarm black kid for no apparent reason? You're right, Im not good at that.
I don’t think that this was even a SYG law case, right? Didn’t Martin return to attack Zimmerman?

Im not good at defending stupid laws and a psychopath who murdered and unarm black kid for no apparent reason? You're right, Im not good at that.

“Murdered. No apparent reason. “

You should stop embarrassing yourself. Go outside. Take a walk. Then come back in and learn how to read a fukcing case file.

Last edited:
I know that 85 already responded appropriately but I need to pile on. You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about concerning SYG and self-defense law. Please go research the topic in someplace other than lefty-outrage-du-jour.com and then come back for a good, nuanced conversation.

I don’t think that this was even a SYG law case, right? Didn’t Martin return to attack Zimmerman?
It wasn’t a SYG case, Martin did return to attack Zimmerman, and Cubs is 2nd order ignorant and too stubborn to admit it. He’s formed his opinion off misinformation and emotion and he’s doubling down with more emotion. Maybe he’ll turn it around.

“Murdered. No apparent reason. “

You should stop embarrassing yourself. Go outside. Take a walk. Then come back in and learn how to read a fukcing case file.

I can read just fine thank you. An armed dude stalked and tracked down a black teenager, the black teenager defended himself, and you think that makes it ok for the armed psychopath to kill him. But lets also be honest, if that happened a white teenager, there is no way Zimmerman would have gotten off, and you can all deny that all you want, but you damn well know its true.

I can read just fine thank you. An armed dude stalked and tracked down a black teenager, the black teenager defended himself, and you think that makes it ok for the armed psychopath to kill him. But lets also be honest, if that happened a white teenager, there is no way Zimmerman would have gotten off, and you can all deny that all you want, but you damn well know its true.
No we are too racist to understand that

No, apparently you can’t read just fine because you keep digging in. But by all means, keep moving the goalposts to change the narrative and keep going. This is pretty entertaining.

It wasn’t a SYG case, Martin did return to attack Zimmerman, and Cubs is 2nd order ignorant and too stubborn to admit it. He’s formed his opinion off misinformation and emotion and he’s doubling down with more emotion. Maybe he’ll turn it around.

I dont understand what you mean it wasnt a SYG case? There is no such thing as a "SYG case" it is simply a defense that is used, and in this case arguing he was acting in self defense fits under the SYG law in Floridora. YOu are acting as if there are special designations for SYG cases or something. ANd SYG is also the reason Zimmerman wasn't arrest the night this happened.
https://www.theatlantic.com/nationa...ur-ground-relates-to-george-zimmerman/277829/

No, apparently you can’t read just fine because you keep digging in. But by all means, keep moving the goalposts to change the narrative and keep going. This is pretty entertaining.

My narrative hasnt changed one bit. Zimmerman went out of his way to harrass a black teenager, black teenager defended himself, the pyschopath killed him. THat has been my narrative the entire time, and I havent moved goalposts one damn bit.

I dont understand what you mean it wasnt a SYG case? There is no such thing as a "SYG case" it is simply a defense that is used, and in this case arguing he was acting in self defense fits under the SYG law in Floridora. YOu are acting as if there are special designations for SYG cases or something. ANd SYG is also the reason Zimmerman wasn't arrest the night this happened.
https://www.theatlantic.com/nationa...ur-ground-relates-to-george-zimmerman/277829/
you cant claim syg if you act as an aggressor when you have the opportunity to walk away.

Where did all this business about Martin attacking Zimmerman come from? I could have sworn there were no eye witnesses to the altercation.

Oh wait! Now I remember, it came from Fat George's testimony!!!

Try telling us all again how this case was cut-and-tried. :)

YOu can claim it whenever you want to, whether it holds up is another story.
it doesnt hold up when you have the option to get away from the situation. it is supposed to protect people backed into a corner with no way out.

My narrative hasnt changed one bit. Zimmerman went out of his way to harrass a black teenager, black teenager defended himself, the pyschopath killed him. THat has been my narrative the entire time, and I havent moved goalposts one damn bit.

You've moved the goalposts to a hilariously insane degree by claiming Martin "defended himself". You've refused to acknowledge the basic facts of this case since you need to uphold this asinine mantle faux racist outrage, facts be damned.

Ta-Nehisi Coates is notoriously and repeatedly wrong on SYG and is wrong in this opinion as well.

SYG is a law that removes a duty to retreat for defendants claiming justifiable self defense. It doesn't, as many have claimed, give people legal defense to go out and kill people. It doesn't give them the right to instigate fights and then claim self-defense without there being some other circumstances involved (such as engaging in mutual combat and then the one of the combatants escalates the force level to a gun). He also makes the erroneous statement that SYG is integral to self-defense. That is incorrect. SYG is there to (a) keep prosecutors from using the process to punish a suspect claiming self-defense if the elements of justifiable self-defense are present and (b) to counter over-zealous prosecutors from convincing juries that someone had a duty to retreat even though there was no safe avenue to do so. ALL of the other elements of self-defense were already in place and ALL of them are still applicable to a successful justification defense. Imminence, innocent, proportionality, avoidance, and reasonableness all still apply.

Bill Lee's statements at the arrest were wrong, which he corrected later. They should not have arrested at the time because the elements of justifiable self-defense are all there. But also, from what I understand about Central Florida procedures, officers and deputies in Central Florida do not typically arrest for murder on site. Normally, the state's attorney comes out and makes the decision. Besides, whether he was arrested that night or not is a red herring. He was eventually arrested and went through trial. Now, I would put forth that Wolfinger made the right decision initially to not prosecute based on the evidence, but Rick Scott bowed to the political winds and assigned Angela Corey with the express intent to arrest and go to trial.

Coates waves away the reason that this was not SYG, and that is because when Z reasonable perceived and imminent threat of grave bodily harm or death, he was pinned down by Martin and had no ability to retreat. No ability to retreat would obviate any duty to retreat, so there was no need to invoke SYG and have a hearing to determine if Martin was shielded from a duty to retreat. Which is how the process works anyways. If the state's attorney feels they can disprove any one of the 5 elements of the justifiable defense, then they will arrest and charge. If the defendant feels that the avoidance element is the one in contest and SYG can remove the element, they will ask for a hearing and the judge will determine if SYG applies.

Here's some more information to get you started just on this case:

https://legalinsurrection.com/tag/trayvon-martin/

https://legalinsurrection.com/2015/02/zimmerman-trial-redux-busting-the-myths-again/

https://legalinsurrection.com/2017/...tins-death-myths-and-lies-about-case-live-on/

He is a jackass but I don’t blame him. If he doesn’t defend his honor, who will? Someone should stand up and call out all of the lies around this case so that maybe people will stop using it as a basis for a social movement. Better to use a case that actually had white supremacists killing a black teen out of hatred to drive the discussions and not some media-driven fantasy that now serves as an enrichment vehicle for the Benjamin Crump law firm and Sabrina Fulton.
Here's the thing ...

If Zimmerman wanted to be a gentleman, he would say he wishes Martin was alive too. And it was unfortunate that they met under circumstances when he was a young, confused and sometimes angry young man.

That said ... politicians are going be politicians, white Democratic even more so. Lip service ... such lip service ... and they say we Libertarians are insensitive?! No, we just call out BS.

Just think, Der Shookboi: Trayvon could be making $4.35 an hour in your racially profiled dreamworld if Fat George hadn't racially profiled him.
Give it a rest, even Obama's DoJ cleared him of any such non-sense.

George only knows exactly what happened. If he was guilty you always get hit with karma later.
Actually, both phone GPSes, along with eyewitnesses, know a lot more than the US Media.

I'm still SMH on the fact that the US Media didn't realize Martin was bigger and more powerful than Zimmerman, and when they reported various things about Zimmerman, they were actually taking eyewitness accounts of Martin. They just kept thinking he was that 13 year old boy in the photos, not the 17 year old man over 6 feet and quite strong he actually was.

Here's the thing ...

If Zimmerman wanted to be a gentleman, he would say he wishes Martin was alive too. And it was unfortunate that they met under circumstances when he was a young, confused and sometimes angry young man.

That said ... politicians are going be politicians, white Democratic even more so. Lip service ... such lip service ... and they say we Libertarians are insensitive?! No, we just call out BS.
Agree. Zimmerman is a total jack hole. He should’ve just faded away. The only caveat that it has to be hard to have such a big portion of America convinced that you are an evil murderer. I’d feel bad for him if he wasn’t such an idiot.

Weird how some of the posters here who no doubt defended Zimmerman against a hoodie-wearing thug (i.e. an unarmed Black teen) now realize he was a disgusting a-hole looking for trouble all along.

Their recent epiphany might have occurred back when it happened if the teenage victim had been a blond haired, blue-eyed, letter jacket wearer.
You would have rubbed one out if he was found guilty

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT