ADVERTISEMENT

First potential draft pick Lakers took a look at: Tacko Fall

I believe he only has 10 days left to declare. If he hasn't said "I am coming back" by now I think its a done deal he is going. How can you go work out with all these pro teams, meet and shake hands with all these coaches and athletes, than come back to UCF. IDK hope he does but I don't have a good feeling he will.

Reactions: UCFProf
I believe he only has 10 days left to declare. If he hasn't said "I am coming back" by now I think its a done deal he is going. How can you go work out with all these pro teams, meet and shake hands with all these coaches and athletes, than come back to UCF. IDK hope he does but I don't have a good feeling he will.
Do these teams pay for his trip? Why not go visit these teams and leave a good impression for next year.

Do these teams pay for his trip? Why not go visit these teams and leave a good impression for next year.

As mentioned previously, the NBA pays for one visit per player per team....that's why a lot of underclassmen use this time to show their skills, learn what they need to work on and return to school....and many will wait until after the lottery or they have no more visits lined up before they declare they're returning to college....for example, in the lottery tonight, if the Lakers stay in the top 3 and get Ball (a player they will hype immeasurably) they could take a flyer with their 2nd pick (#28 in the first round)....remember there's some strange thinking emanating from the left coast these days (think Prof as an example:sunglasses:) and the Lakers really need some hype so what about Ball and Fall? I wouldn't do it but then I'm not from LA.....

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
As mentioned previously, the NBA pays for one visit per player per team....that's why a lot of underclassmen use this time to show their skills, learn what they need to work on and return to school....and many will wait until after the lottery or they have no more visits lined up before they declare they're returning to college....for example, in the lottery tonight, if the Lakers stay in the top 3 and get Ball (a player they will hype immeasurably) they could take a flyer with their 2nd pick (#28 in the first round)....remember there's some strange thinking emanating from the left coast these days (think Prof as an example:sunglasses:) and the Lakers really need some hype so what about Ball and Fall? I wouldn't do it but then I'm not from LA.....
Good insights. You're right that their rebuild goes out the window if Lakers don't get one of the top 3 in the lottery. Everyone has the Lakers going after a big man -- power forward or center -- at #28 regardless. But most don't have them taking Fall. What do they/we know?

However, if it's anything like last year, 6 to 8 more foreign players nobody mentioned will appear in the first-round. Also, teams trade away, trade for, or trade up at the last minute. And the Lakers/Paul George story refuses to die -- Larry Bird vs Magic Johnson redux, so who knows what draft picks will shift around there. Meanwhile, the Celtics might trade down or trade away their potentially top pick (this is an off-year draft?) for several lower picks or players (to draft Tacko).

A lot of guys will wait till last minute to announce they are returning to school. Gets more press when you wait longer.

A lot of guys will wait till last minute to announce they are returning to school. Gets more press when you wait longer.
Why would press help if you're returning? We'll likely know by Monday either way unless he has workouts scheduled. If he decides to not return, he'll make it clear so GMs will consider him.

Why would press help if you're returning? We'll likely know by Monday either way unless he has workouts scheduled. If he decides to not return, he'll make it clear so GMs will consider him.
Press is usually a good thing. If a player says they are going back to school and no one cares, he may not be very good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT