ADVERTISEMENT

Football Signing Day/Recruiting Countdown - Post all info here!

How do you know we dont have 1 solid QB- we dont know about Vedral or Mack yet- they can end up being solid.

Because they have not magically transformed into all-conference players overnight. They need one set of fall practices and half a season before they should be magically transformed. Everyone knows that. If they have not transformed by that time you throw them away because there is no hope.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Who said anything about magically transforming? This makes no sense- they haven't even stepped foot on a college campus yet so to say there is no hope before they have even played a down just makes no sense. There doesnt need to be magic involved- they can just be talented and play well.

Because they have not magically transformed into all-conference players overnight. They need one set of fall practices and half a season before they should be magically transformed. Everyone knows that. If they have not transformed by that time you throw them away because there is no hope.

Who said anything about magically transforming? This makes no sense- they haven't even stepped foot on a college campus yet so to say there is no hope before they have even played a down just makes no sense. There doesnt need to be magic involved- they can just be talented and play well.

He's being sarcastic and poking fun at some of our "astute" football gurus we have here on this board.

Unless Milton develops spectacular mechanics during Spring, he doesn't have the arm strength to keep secondaries honest with the deep ball.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikesi
He's being sarcastic and poking fun at some of our "astute" football gurus we have here on this board.
the coaching change has exposed a few, from non stop positive spin up until the hour of the forced retirement to negative spin to everything Frost has done so far. There is fanbase amnesia to just how bad of shape this Program was just 1 year ago & how it got that bad.

Maybe we can pickup another OL in place of Washington.I did see part of an article (24/7) where an OL canceled this official visit to UCF, anybody know who that is?

the coaching change has exposed a few, from non stop positive spin up until the hour of the forced retirement to negative spin to everything Frost has done so far. There is fanbase amnesia to just how bad of shape this Program was just 1 year ago & how it got that bad.

No I don't think this is accurate. What I think is accurate is that it has exposed the unreasonable expectations, and ignorance of the fans who post here. Fans who think that UCF has some magic juice which entitles it to a label of "special" and where any coach should be able automatically succeed. Look at our location, our facilities, our weather, our student population, our hot girls, our uniforms..blah blah blah. We are special and it should be easy to get players here. We should never have up and down years. This is all BS and has been spoon fed UCF fans for years. As a fan the sooner you kick the sleeping giant in the nads the happier you will be.

Now that GOL is gone and there is no more boogie man to blame it exposes the fact that having a successful college football program in any conference is hard. It is especially hard in our conference. All coaches have flaws, all coaches make mistakes. But good coaches don't listen to bitching fans and just do what they think is right. Frost is doing just that. He is a good coach and when he leaves after a few good seasons this will start all over again.

Fair. There will be up years and there will be down years. The up years may be better than others and may match 2013. But there will still be some down years like plenty of G5 or P5 programs experience.

No I don't think this is accurate. What I think is accurate is that it has exposed the unreasonable expectations, and ignorance of the fans who post here. Fans who think that UCF has some magic juice which entitles it to a label of "special" and where any coach should be able automatically succeed. Look at our location, our facilities, our weather, our student population, our hot girls, our uniforms..blah blah blah. We are special and it should be easy to get players here. We should never have up and down years. This is all BS and has been spoon fed UCF fans for years. As a fan the sooner you kick the sleeping giant in the nads the happier you will be.

Now that GOL is gone and there is no more boogie man to blame it exposes the fact that having a successful college football program in any conference is hard. It is especially hard in our conference. All coaches have flaws, all coaches make mistakes. But good coaches don't listen to bitching fans and just do what they think is right. Frost is doing just that. He is a good coach and when he leaves after a few good seasons this will start all over again.

This is probably the best and profound statement I've read with regards to the expectations we have as fans versus the true state of the program and college football in general. When you went into the why UCF fans think we're so "special", it really hit. And the Boogie man reference to GOL. The fans will still blame him though for next couple of years, until we're fed up with Frost. That's college football. I literally don't have much of a rebuttal. Thanks for sharing.

Let's not kid ourselves here. GOL did leave the cupboard bare. Did Frost walk into a situation like Houston had/has? Hell no.

How empty was the cupboard when Taggert took over? For that matter when GOL took over? I am willing to bet Frost has more than either of them had. Not many walk into a set of players like Tom Herman did. I like Frost I think it is good for UCF. I just think that some of our fans have exaggerated views of UCF's inherent appeal and how hard it is to actually have a winning program here.

How empty was the cupboard when Taggert took over? For that matter when GOL took over? I am willing to bet Frost has more than either of them had. Not many walk into a set of players like Tom Herman did. I like Frost I think it is good for UCF. I just think that some of our fans have exaggerated views of UCF's inherent appeal and how hard it is to actually have a winning program here.
then why did Frost take the UCF job when he reportedly had offers at Syracuse and Maryland? And he took it coming off 0-12 with way more openings than this recent coaching carousel.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
The cupboard was not bare, nor was it loaded. It wasn't deep because of sanctions. The Defense was as it usually is pretty good with mostly GOL players. but they fit the new system better than the O players did. Even on offense we were decent until we lost a couple of linemen, and then we were screwed,
If you are smart you will keep your emotions in check for next year as well. It will take another couple of years to get back to full numbers. and have the right players for the Frost offense.

Reactions: Knight_Light
Is he a flipped commit or someone who was just on our radar? Position?

I'm not even sure how seriously our coaching staff was ever recruiting him

He's an In State guy(from Jacksonville like Otis) but never visited at all during the summer or fall then all of a sudden a week ago starts posting all this UCF stuff. I think he was a back up plan to Gabe Davis, so if Davis flips last minute that would suck

I'm not even sure how seriously our coaching staff was ever recruiting him

He's an In State guy(from Jacksonville like Otis) but never visited at all during the summer or fall then all of a sudden a week ago starts posting all this UCF stuff. I think he was a back up plan to Gabe Davis, so if Davis flips last minute that would suck
Isn't Davis waiting for an FSU offer?

Even if we lose Gabe, which I hope we don't, I think Roberson puts us in a good place for our lineup at the big receiver/ tight end...especially since Akins is only a junior next season.

I see we have the 54th ranked class on rivals. That's not bad. USF is ranked lower with one 4 star. That Mack kid has some very nice HS stats and very good size. 2017 is really going to come down to O-line and QB play. We have playmakers at the other skilled postions. Yeah.. the defense has a lot of question marks, but I'm confident we have enough players to choose from that we can eventually be solid enough.

Even if we lose Gabe, which I hope we don't, I think Roberson puts us in a good place for our lineup at the big receiver/ tight end...especially since Akins is only a junior next season.

One can never assume that a redshirt player (especially one without any real Div I-A scholarship offers) will turn into a multi-year starter but yes, you can always hope they do.

Historically, the best offensive players for UCF played as true Freshmen but you always hope some others can be late bloomers that might have been overlooked in the recruiting process and suddenly shine after spending a year or two in a college program.

Note: Tre-Quan Smith probably would have played as a true Freshmen in almost any other time but he was recruited when WR was at its deepest and he certainly has shined following his redshirt season.

One can never assume that a redshirt player (especially one without any real Div I-A scholarship offers) will turn into a multi-year starter but yes, you can always hope they do.

Historically, the best offensive players for UCF played as true Freshmen but you always hope some others can be late bloomers that might have been overlooked in the recruiting process and suddenly shine after spending a year or two in a college program.

Note: Tre-Quan Smith probably would have played as a true Freshmen in almost any other time but he was recruited when WR was at its deepest and he certainly has shined following his redshirt season.
I mostly agree with your points. I wasn't trying to state that Roberson is a guaranteed high impact player. Regarding any recruit we never really know until they hit the college field. I do feel that that, at this point, on paper we have done a good job to provide backup for Jordan Akins at tight end.

Roberson was not highly recruited because he had planned to go to Military school. Also he was listed as a WR where he was good but not great. But, just like Akins, as a converted TE, he creates matchup problems for a defense. All in all, hopefully TE is mostly taken care of in the foreseesable future by Akins being healthy and dominant, like he is capable of.

Reactions: Knight_Light
So we've got 6 spots still to fill and a little over week until signing day. Plus sounds like there are threats to lose one or two kids already committed. Anyone concerned we won't get a full class? After several years of classes less than 25, we need to start getting some bigger classes in to build depth.

So we've got 6 spots still to fill and a little over week until signing day. Plus sounds like there are threats to lose one or two kids already committed. Anyone concerned we won't get a full class? After several years of classes less than 25, we need to start getting some bigger classes in to build depth.
Room for transfers?

Reactions: firm_bizzle
If we fix OL, QB and DL depth I'm happy with the class. Quality and focus take precedence over quantity.

If we lose a few more the last week I have to question the timing of the OVs by the coaching staff this cycle. I know they don't have full control over that but a lot of the Hard Commits did their visits early then you have the danger of them visiting Miami and FSU on the Final 2 weekends. If the class drops a little last minute the timing of the OVs this cycle was a strategic mistake by Frost, the last impression is huge to these kids that change with the wind.

If we lose a few more the last week I have to question the timing of the OVs by the coaching staff this cycle. I know they don't have full control over that but a lot of the Hard Commits did their visits early then you have the danger of them visiting Miami and FSU on the Final 2 weekends. If the class drops a little last minute the timing of the OVs this cycle was a strategic mistake by Frost, the last impression is huge to these kids that change with the wind.
Not to mention having kids take OV the last month who have no intentions of coming here. Takes up space of kids we could get or at least our backup plans. Makes no sense bringing in solid FSU or UF just to do so.

Not to mention having kids take OV the last month who have no intentions of coming here. Takes up space of kids we could get or at least our backup plans. Makes no sense bringing in solid FSU or UF just to do so.

I don't think Frost expected the level of disloyalty by some of these recruits that were long time commits. Justin Harris for example committed in June and not only did he decommit but once he did didn't even put UCF in his Top 3

Now Viktor Beach is acting weird, he might have an LSU offer & he apparently took an OV somewhere this weekend & didn't even have the respect to tell the coaching staff. The Marvin Washington situation is being toxic to the other commits.

Last edited:
I don't think Frost expected the level of disloyalty by some of these recruits that were long time commits. Justin Harris for example committed in June and not only did he decommit but once he did didn't even put UCF in his Top 3

Now Viktor Beach is acting weird, he might have an LSU offer & he apparently took an OV somewhere this weekend & didn't even have the respect to tell the coaching staff. The Marvin Washington situation is being toxic to the other commits.

Viktor Beach!!!??? OMG. I would hate to lose him. He can help us big time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT