ADVERTISEMENT

Football Signing Day/Recruiting Countdown - Post all info here!

if Artis isn't coming to UCF I hope he picks Baylor over Oregon. Rhule is a good coach and class act & I'd rather not see Slick Willie get more arrogant thinking he can just keep plucking prospects out of Florida. I predict that his 2nd class will have a tougher time selling to Florida Recruits after one full season of getting outcoached in the Pac12
Shouldn't Baylor be getting a penn state type penalty over the multitude of sexual assault cases/mishandlings?

Nobody knows what went down between the coaches and Artis. He was polite sure. My guess is that the coaches implied that there would be no return. That may even be their policy. If it is then they need to stick with it. This has nothing to do with being Stanford. If you do not respect yourself nobody else will. Like I said before you set a tone and a policy and you stick with it. These kids egos are big enough. No need to make them bigger.

We have to remember the problem with being double-minded through this process. College athletics is something many who played in H.S. sports don't get the opportunity to do. It's when the sport becomes more like a business. It's serious stuff and very grueling. It makes High School sports look like Kindergarten. If a player is exhibiting being double-minded about their commitment to your program, then the probability of second guessing themselves is higher. They will be quicker to complain and to give up. Is this what college coaching staffs are looking to spend their scholarships on? Granted it's a big decision but is it too much in today's culture to ask students being offered 100K scholarships to let your "yes be yes" and your "no be no"? Remember that the next coaching staff has taken this risk. We have a few in this class who left other commitments before coming to us with the realization that they wanted to be closer to home but shouldn't make this our accepted way of doing business.

Just so I understand. When a high school kid changes his mind and drops UCF and goes somewhere else he is scum and indecisive. When a kid drops another school and comes to UCF he is a great kid and brilliant. I would have to guess we have all bailed out on a commitment or two. Maybe left a job we were committed to, maybe a significant other we were committed to, maybe a contract that we were committed to.

Just so I understand. When a high school kid changes his mind and drops UCF and goes somewhere else he is scum and indecisive. When a kid drops another school and comes to UCF he is a great kid and brilliant. I would have to guess we have all bailed out on a commitment or two. Maybe left a job we were committed to, maybe a significant other we were committed to, maybe a contract that we were committed to.
Yes, you are understanding it perfectly. It's all pretty much true if we are crazed UCF diehard fans.

Not true. Sometimes we say his grades wouldn't qualify him or that the coaches decided he wasn't good enough. Stop trying to paint us as one dimensional in how we insult kids.

Come on really? No this is not what anyone is saying. They are saying that a commitment is a commitment. When you give that commitment and you break it it has consequences. If a kid has the opportunity to play at FSU that is a big draw. He is not a scumbag for making that decision. It does not show well for your character when you back out of a deal, but it does not make you a scumbag. But when FSU then turns around and dumps you, you cannot expect that UCF will take you back. As a coach what message does that send to the rest of the team and to other recruits?

Guess what, the same goes with all the other examples. Back out from an employer and what are your chances of getting that job back? Run away with another an leave your spouse for someone hotter and what are your expectations of return when you get dumped? How trustworthy are you in those situations? If your significant other did that to you what do you do, and what are the consequences of giving in?

It is a bigger picture than just one recruit and the need for offensive lineman.

ofcourse Georgia Tech is targeting Marlon Williams, he has an OV there this final weekend(along with expected flip Carpenter). Do they even scout on their own or just look at UCF's commit/target list on 247 in November

Anthony Roberson is considered a recruit for this class on another site. Was he a gray shirt over the fall? Also, we do have more than 25 slots open now I believe but can only take 25 max in any one year, correct?

Anthony Roberson is considered a recruit for this class on another site. Was he a gray shirt over the fall? Also, we do have more than 25 slots open now I believe but can only take 25 max in any one year, correct?
He was a blueshirt I think.

Last edited:
Frost seems to really be putting in time for Marlon so we'll see what happens, wonder if Paul Johnson has done an In Home w him

Yes, you are understanding it perfectly. It's all pretty much true if we are crazed UCF diehard fans.
Though I still would consider taking him back, this is not what we're talking about!
We're discussing a kid who commits to our school, de-commits to accept another school, then wants to come back to us when things don't work out for him. That THREE commits involving TWO schools, not the same as trying to woo a dissatisfied kid who was committed elsewhere (a total of only TWO commits, and not a second crack at your original choice)! That's a real difference.

Reactions: KnightLife1
I trust that Coach Frost knows alot more about this situation and he will make the right choice in the end for our program. We are in good hands with this staff!

Interesting stat. GT completed 83 passes last season. UCF completed 83 passes over the course of 3 games (UCONN, USF, ArkSt).

I don't blame these high school WRs for looking UCF's way. Playing in an offense that's always losing in the 2nd half is a great way to rack up stats for your CFL prospects.

I don't blame these high school WRs for looking UCF's way. Playing in an offense that's always losing in the 2nd half is a great way to rack up stats for your CFL prospects.

Of course you're an usf grad so not worth talking to except "Yes you can take my garbage, janitor." but what the hell let's chat. Hey moron, are the Jets, Browns and Ravens in the CFL? Do you actually know what the NFL is? I'll be the first to admit, I don't what crap football so I have no idea who plays for usf, but can anyone name a usf WR in the NFL? I know the poster can't, because he seemingly doesn't know the teams in the NFL.

No WRs until 2017, but I can name numerous defensive stars, which is something your school can't do. Which is probably why we're so superior.

We have to remember the problem with being double-minded through this process. College athletics is something many who played in H.S. sports don't get the opportunity to do. It's when the sport becomes more like a business. It's serious stuff and very grueling. It makes High School sports look like Kindergarten. If a player is exhibiting being double-minded about their commitment to your program, then the probability of second guessing themselves is higher. They will be quicker to complain and to give up. Is this what college coaching staffs are looking to spend their scholarships on? Granted it's a big decision but is it too much in today's culture to ask students being offered 100K scholarships to let your "yes be yes" and your "no be no"? Remember that the next coaching staff has taken this risk. We have a few in this class who left other commitments before coming to us with the realization that they wanted to be closer to home but shouldn't make this our accepted way of doing business.

Only thing I have to question is the statement "College athletics is something many who played in H.S. sports don't get the opportunity to do. " All I can add is personal experience with a nephew. There are a tremendous amount of colleges playing football. My nephew was weirdly courted by a dentist/ runner like the Loserville BB runner dude for a Div III team- got the equivalent of a scholarship. Didn't last- he's now a police officer. But, there's a lot of, in my opinion, sketchy guys that can get a kid placed on a team. So there's some Uni. that's willing to pay for any players.

And we should not expect to be able to return after we have bailed out on those commitments.

No WRs until 2017, but I can name numerous defensive stars, which is something your school can't do. Which is probably why we're so superior.

Debatably the best corner in the league AJ Bouye. Starting superbowl DB Kemar Ishmael. Colts starting saftey Clayton Geathers. Bears DB Jacoby Glenn. That's just off the top of my head.

Of course you're an usf grad so not worth talking to except "Yes you can take my garbage, janitor." but what the hell let's chat. Hey moron, are the Jets, Browns and Ravens in the CFL? Do you actually know what the NFL is? I'll be the first to admit, I don't what crap football so I have no idea who plays for usf, but can anyone name a usf WR in the NFL? I know the poster can't, because he seemingly doesn't know the teams in the NFL.
Who plays for the Browns?

Only thing I have to question is the statement "College athletics is something many who played in H.S. sports don't get the opportunity to do. " All I can add is personal experience with a nephew. There are a tremendous amount of colleges playing football. My nephew was weirdly courted by a dentist/ runner like the Loserville BB runner dude for a Div III team- got the equivalent of a scholarship. Didn't last- he's now a police officer. But, there's a lot of, in my opinion, sketchy guys that can get a kid placed on a team. So there's some Uni. that's willing to pay for any players.
When I taught at a private Div III school many years ago, I had a number advisees who rode the bench back in high school but were regulars there on the college team. That's how I discovered why so many students attend expensive, mediocre private colleges: so they can win a spot on both a fall and a spring sports team. Who knew that women's crew was so popular? Even at the #1 and #2 ranked academic private colleges in the nation, more than 40% of students play on at least one team! Harvard and Yale (I-AA) are full of semi-dumb jocks their coaches pulled strings to get admitted.

When I taught at a private Div III school many years ago, I had a number advisees who rode the bench back in high school but were regulars there on the college team. That's how I discovered why so many students attend expensive, mediocre private colleges: so they can win a spot on both a fall and a spring sports team. Who knew that women's crew was so popular? Even at the #1 and #2 ranked academic private colleges in the nation, more than 40% of students play on at least one team! Harvard and Yale (I-AA) are full of semi-dumb jocks their coaches pulled strings to get admitted.
Those schools don't give full scholarships.

You do realize that USF has 0.00 Wide receivers in the NFL and UCF has 3-4 including a recent first round draft choice and one of the most productive receivers of all time? Boy you're dumb.

Reactions: SublimeKnight
So.., you were talking crap about WRs and since we made you look like an idiot troll, now you are talking defensive players? Lame. By the way, we have had a lot of them too. You really should stay away, since you're looking like you have no football knowledge whatsoever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT