ADVERTISEMENT

Football Signing Day/Recruiting Countdown - Post all info here!

I think in UCF he saw a place where he felt he could play early with several of our DL's graduating in a year. Based on the the trending of his twitter during the season, he seemed to get turned off as the team had lackluster performances on the field. Not everyone can buy into building something. It seems he had expectations that UCF dominance would be in place before he got here.
The D looked pretty dominant this year to me. It was the offense that needed to get better.

Reactions: UCFhonors
The D looked pretty dominant this year to me. It was the offense that needed to get better.
How??? Playing Arkansas State's defense should have been a wake up call. They started mostly seniors on the DLine and at linebacker. The top programs do that -- you don't get to start until you're a junior or senior or redshirt senior. We won't have that in 2017 or 2018. How many defensive starters are returning.

Not sure whether GT or MIA give Carpenter better options to play. Miami looks pretty tough for him based on numbers and new recruits at Safety. GT just got a new commit at Safety yesterday. Looks like UCF is a better fit compared to those that he is considering.
Carpenter is Miamis backup plan. He doesn't have a committable offer with them right now.

Let's be clear, we need at least 1 or 2 OL commits in this class. If not, we're gonna be seriously depleted in about a year or so.

Hopefully we've got our eyes on teams that overbook their classes and then have to trim at the deadline and can pick off some guys there. If nothing else we have a ton of flexibility and spots open for some enterprising young talents to jump aboard if dumped by a big program last minute or looking to flip.

Hopefully we've got our eyes on teams that overbook their classes and then have to trim at the deadline and can pick off some guys there. If nothing else we have a ton of flexibility and spots open for some enterprising young talents to jump aboard if dumped by a big program last minute or looking to flip.
I believe Frost has it covered for the last few spots. We'll see.

I believe Frost has it covered for the last few spots. We'll see.

But it's not just a few spots. We've got 7 open spots (assuming we don't lose anymore recruits) and only a week until signing day. Even if he's got his eye on some transfers, those don't count towards the 25 limit do they? And I'm assuming after several years of small recruiting classes we shouldn't be near the total scholarship limit. Hope I'm wrong and he's got quality kids lined up.

in news over from our Division Rivals. this guy is one of the biggest look at me recruits ever, I'm pretty sure Ohio State and a few other blue bloods pulled his offer earlier in the cycle bc of his antics. Look's like he is going to get on the Bus to Eugene.

in news over from our Division Rivals. this guy is one of the biggest look at me recruits ever, I'm pretty sure Ohio State and a few other blue bloods pulled his offer earlier in the cycle bc of his antics. Look's like he is going to get on the Bus to Eugene.

He ends the iPhone note by saying #GoBulls and signing his name and number. Hahaha

so unless he does some major flipping this final weekend the Charlie Strong in Florida hype looks to have fallen flat, Frost first class in a similar time frame looks better

this has some trolling potential by the Twitter mafia

Last edited:
so unless he does some major flipping this final weekend the Charlie Strong in Florida hype looks to have fallen flat, Frost first class in a similar time frame looks better

I never get why people think a coach that hasn't recruited an area in several years is all of a sudden go to a P5 school and outrecruit everyone in a few months. This is not a surprise

dead-end.jpg

http://www.recruiting-101.com/2017/01/16/days-leading-signing-day-football-recruits-stressful/
Great read about frantic it is nationwide this month. More schools than ever have no idea who they've got locked up while others are scurrying desperately after just losing recruits at critical positions. Someone's gotta put a stop to this mayhem. I sure hope they're keeping a journal because it'd make a great screenplay.
The kids are creating the drama 95% of the time.

But it's not just a few spots. We've got 7 open spots (assuming we don't lose anymore recruits) and only a week until signing day. Even if he's got his eye on some transfers, those don't count towards the 25 limit do they? And I'm assuming after several years of small recruiting classes we shouldn't be near the total scholarship limit. Hope I'm wrong and he's got quality kids lined up.
Last year we signed 9 in the last week.

Reactions: UCFProf
looks like Maxwell is going to replace Carpenter who the coaches expect to flip to Georgia Tech by the end of the weekend

Wow! He should come crawling back to Frost intent on showing FSU what they missed out on.
Jimbo wanted him to shut down his recruiting and he was being a diva & flirting with Oregon & Baylor. I wonder if there is any hope to repair things with UCF especially with his HS teammate Gabe locked in.

Jimbo wanted him to shut down his recruiting and he was being a diva & flirting with Oregon & Baylor. I wonder if there is any hope to repair things with UCF especially with his HS teammate Gabe locked in.

That's strange because I thought when he decommitted from UCF he was explaining that it was his dream offer to go to FSU.

"FSU is a once-in-a-life-time opportunity that not many people get and I just had to jump on it."

That's strange because I thought when he decommitted from UCF he was explaining that it was his dream offer to go to FSU.
Well at least they didn't do it last minute. He has an entire week to start his recruitment from scratch.

Honestly I feel bad for the kid, but I'm not sure Frost can take him back. That sends a bad message.

looks like Maxwell is going to replace Carpenter who the coaches expect to flip to Georgia Tech by the end of the weekend

I have no ill will towards Artis. He has been a stand up guy the entire process. Plus local guys look up to him. I'd take him back in a minute.

I have no ill will towards Artis. He has been a stand up guy the entire process. Plus local guys look up to him. I'd take him back in a minute.
..and next year, when FSU, Miami, etc offers one of our commits they'll know Artis was able to decommit and when it didn't work out come back.

If a recruit rather go to FSU and wants to come back after things don't work out, why shouldn't we let him back?

It's all about winning, so we can be where they want to go. We aren't 100% there yet.

He probably had FSU #1 but he overplayed his hand in liking the attention of the recruiting process too much. My guess is the FSU coaches told him that they weren't holding his spot if he went on a Visit this weekend.

There are risks with him bc of immaturity but he could be a big time talent and I think it would be a net positive in trying to keep the top Orlando area players home. But it looks like he will most likely jump on the Bus to Eugene.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT