ADVERTISEMENT

Formal Trump Impeachment Inquiry

[roll][roll][roll]

The Burisma inquiry only went away because John Kerry's buddy and Joe Biden's son were sent to shore up support for Burisma and assist their public image. How many times do we have to reiterate this before you'll stop ignoring this fact? Is it just a massive coincidence that Hunter Biden gets sent to sit on the board of a company, of which he has no idea about what they do, get's paid $50K a month, and just at that time the Ukrainians turn off the investigation levers?

Then Biden went over there to use a $1B US Aid payment as leverage to oust the prosecutor once and for all.

Link? I haven't seen you bring up John Kerry one time, so you aren't reiterating anything.

How do you know he has no idea what they do? Again, you guys are acting like Hunter Biden was an 18 year old punk with no education or experience. He had experience in multiple areas including in global mergers and acquisitions. I am sure being the VP's son helps, but this whole premise you guys keep running with that he had no experience, etc etc, simply isn't true.

money shot starts around 51 min mark.

“I said we’re not going to give you the billion dollars. They said ‘you can’t do that, you have no authority, you’re not the president,'” Biden remarked. “I said call [President Obama], I told you you’re not getting a billion dollars.”

Biden said he gave Ukrainian government officials a six-hour window before he would leave Ukraine and said, “If the prosecutor’s not fired, you’re not getting the money.”

“Well son of a bitch, he got fired,” Biden continued. “And they put in place someone who was solid.”

Link? I haven't seen you bring up John Kerry one time, so you aren't reiterating anything.

How do you know he has no idea what they do? Again, you guys are acting like Hunter Biden was an 18 year old punk with no education or experience. He had experience in multiple areas including in global mergers and acquisitions. I am sure being the VP's son helps, but this whole premise you guys keep running with that he had no experience, etc etc, simply isn't true.

I already shared this part from a previous NYT story:

Concerns about Mr. Shokin notwithstanding, the cases against Burisma had high-level support from the Obama administration. In April 2014, it sent top officials to a forum on Ukrainian asset recovery, co-sponsored by the United States government, in London, where Mr. Zlochevsky’s case was highlighted.

Early that year, Mr. Archer, the Kerry family friend, and Hunter Biden were part of a wave of Americans who would come from across the Atlantic to help Burisma both with its substantive legal issues and its image. Their support allowed Burisma to create the perception that it was backed by powerful Americans at a time when Ukraine was especially dependent on aid and strategic backing from the United States and its allies, according to people who worked in Ukraine at the time.

And months ago, the NYT ran a pretty comprehensive piece on Hunter Biden's time in the Ukraine. They documented how he had absolutely no experience in any of the industries that Burisma participated in and no experience in Ukraine, and yet he got sat on their Board anyways. I guess you can pretend that they were really just soooooo enamored with Hunter Biden that they made that choice organically, or you can go with the more logical conclusion that they were paying the son of the sitting VP an absolute fortune to coerce favor for their company and to apply top down pressure to ease their investigations.

I already shared this part from a previous NYT story:

Concerns about Mr. Shokin notwithstanding, the cases against Burisma had high-level support from the Obama administration. In April 2014, it sent top officials to a forum on Ukrainian asset recovery, co-sponsored by the United States government, in London, where Mr. Zlochevsky’s case was highlighted.

Early that year, Mr. Archer, the Kerry family friend, and Hunter Biden were part of a wave of Americans who would come from across the Atlantic to help Burisma both with its substantive legal issues and its image. Their support allowed Burisma to create the perception that it was backed by powerful Americans at a time when Ukraine was especially dependent on aid and strategic backing from the United States and its allies, according to people who worked in Ukraine at the time.

And months ago, the NYT ran a pretty comprehensive piece on Hunter Biden's time in the Ukraine. They documented how he had absolutely no experience in any of the industries that Burisma participated in and no experience in Ukraine, and yet he got sat on their Board anyways. I guess you can pretend that they were really just soooooo enamored with Hunter Biden that they made that choice organically, or you can go with the more logical conclusion that they were paying the son of the sitting VP an absolute fortune to coerce favor for their company and to apply top down pressure to ease their investigations.

I have said numerous times that being the VP's son likely helped, so I am not pretending anything. Nobody in their right mind thinks being related to powerful people doesn't help people getting good positions. I mean, Jared and Ivanka have no qualifications for what they do, but they are related to the president so they got the jobs anyway. We all understand how that part works.

So, what is the actual illegal part? The perception? Our country has used financial favors, sanctions, etc to get what we want time and time again, so I am unsure what is actually illegal about this. Your own clip (could you please provide actual links with clipping paragraphs?) only says it created a perception. Is creating a perception illegal? I am honestly asking.

I have said numerous times that being the VP's son likely helped, so I am not pretending anything. Nobody in their right mind thinks being related to powerful people doesn't help people getting good positions.

So, what is the actual illegal part? The perception? Our country has used financial favors, sanctions, etc to get what we want time and time again, so I am unsure what is actually illegal about this. Your own clip (could you please provide actual links with clipping paragraphs?) only says it created a perception. Is creating a perception illegal? I am honestly asking.

Who said anything about illegal? I'm merely raising the same threshold that the nuts in the House are pushing for which is the standard of impeachment, of which there was far more basis for to impeach Biden than there is Trump. They're literally pushing for impeaching Trump right now having not even seen a shred of actual facts, aside from what their buddies in the media are telling them.

85 loves his tinfoil conspiracy theories — especially when in desperate need of a moral equivalency to excuse Trump’s stupidity.

Who said anything about illegal? I'm merely raising the same threshold that the nuts in the House are pushing for which is the standard of impeachment, of which there was far more basis for to impeach Biden than there is Trump. They're literally pushing for impeaching Trump right now having not even seen a shred of actual facts, aside from what their buddies in the media are telling them.

So Trump wants Biden to be investigated by Ukraine for something that you and I assume he, doesn't even think is illegal?

And look, if they did something wrong. Investigate him. I am find with that. But if Trump did the same thing you want Biden investigated for, then I assume you want him impeached then yes? I am just trying to figure out how this is at all a winner for the Trump people. Even if Biden did something wrong, Trump has basically admitted to doing the same thing, so how is that good for Trump?

Well what do we have here? Marc Thiessen over at the WaPo dug out some older stories that the rest of the media conveniently glossed over. What'd he find? Oh nothing, just prominent and powerful Democratic Senators pressuring the Ukrainian Government to investigate President Trump and threatening to withhold US support if they don't.

I guess it's all A-OK if it's the Dems pressuring Ukraine to investigate their political rivals?

Robert Menendez (D-N.J.), Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) and Patrick J. Leahy (D-Vt.) wrote a letter to Ukraine’s prosecutor general, Yuriy Lutsenko, expressing concern at the closing of four investigations they said were critical to the Mueller probe. In the letter, they implied that their support for U.S. assistance to Ukraine was at stake. Describing themselves as “strong advocates for a robust and close relationship with Ukraine,” the Democratic senators declared, “We have supported [the] capacity-building process and are disappointed that some in Kyiv appear to have cast aside these [democratic] principles to avoid the ire of President Trump,” before demanding Lutsenko “reverse course and halt any efforts to impede cooperation with this important investigation.”

So, it’s okay for Democratic senators to encourage Ukraine to investigate Trump, but it’s not okay for the president to allegedly encourage Ukraine to investigate Hunter Biden?

Who said anything about illegal? I'm merely raising the same threshold that the nuts in the House are pushing for which is the standard of impeachment, of which there was far more basis for to impeach Biden than there is Trump.
Unless the Ukrainian prosecutor was the son of a Biden political rival, you’re full of sh*t.

So, it’s okay for Democratic senators to encourage Ukraine to investigate Trump, but it’s not okay for the president to allegedly encourage Ukraine to investigate Hunter Biden?
The Democrat Senators didn’t have the power to withhold $371 million in military aid if the Ukraine didn’t do what they asked.

The Democrat Senators didn’t have the power to withhold $371 million in military aid if the Ukraine didn’t do what they asked.

lol hey dumbshit, Menendez is the ranking chair of the powerful Senate Foreign Relations Committee and the other D's are members on the committee too. These clowns absolutely could have held up foreign aid and military equipment licenses just as they've held up this type of support for other nations just recently.

You're ignorant on pretty much everything you choose to comment on.

His son's company was no longer under investigation at this time. Other Western nations also wanted this lawyer out.
Because he forced the resignation of the prosecutor who was investigating him. Please tell me you can follow this.

The Ranking D member of the Foreign Relations Committee directly threatens the Ukrainian Government to investigate President Trump, purely for partisan purposes and to create an impeachment case, or lose US aid and support, and the media and leftie pundits collectively yawn.

Gotta love the dripping hypocrisy here.

You're ignorant on pretty much everything you choose to comment on.
Says the guy who is telling us that a ranking Senate committee chair is just as powerful as the POTUS. :rolleyes:

Still trying desperately to find a moral equivalency I see. :)

Says the guy who is telling us that a ranking Senate committee chair is just as powerful as the POTUS. :rolleyes:

Still trying desperately to find a moral equivalency I see. :)

I see, so threatening a foreign government to investigate your political rivals is OK if you're a Senator but not OK if you're the President.

Got it. Had no idea such clear cut rules existed, I guess it's just a coincidence that your rules directly benefit the Democrats who were threatening said foreign government.

And unlike Trump, they put their threat and quid pro quo right there in their letter for everyone to see. Investigate Trump or we'll assure the US drops support for your government.

[roll]

By the way, do these Very Concerned Citizens from the left have any concern that the HRC campaign procured a dirt file on Trump from the Russian Kremlin?

Or is that just further noise that no one cares about?

Reactions: UCFWayne
By the way, do these Very Concerned Citizens from the left have any concern that the HRC campaign procured a dirt file on Trump from the Russian Kremlin?

Or is that just further noise that no one cares about?

Then investigate her and lock her up like Trump promised. When you guys bring this type of thing up, you realize that your side is in charge of the justice department right?

If true, Pelosi just walked into a giant shit storm and will leave with egg on face. If this proves true, the Intelligence Community IG reviewed the complaint and found that the whistleblower had substantial political bias and that the entire complaint was potentially filed for partisan reasons. Yikes.

A senior Trump administration official told Fox News late Tuesday that the administration will release a document showing the intelligence community inspector general found the whistleblower who leveled an explosive accusation against President Trump concerning his talks with Ukraine had “political bias” in favor of “a rival candidate” of the president.

I see, so threatening a foreign government to investigate your political rivals is OK if you're a Senator but not OK if you're the President.
Depends on whether or not you have the power to order the Pentagon to withhold $371 million in U.S. military aid in an effort to get what you want.

They haven't released a transcript, they released a summary.
It’s as close to a transcript as you can get without being a full transcription. It’s from the listeners notes. It would pass the standard of evidence in a court of law.

Depends on whether or not you have the power to order the Pentagon to withhold $371 million in U.S. military aid in an effort to get what you want.
That committee does have that power. POTUS isn’t an all-powerful dictator and there are still checks-and-balances.

Reactions: UCFKnight85
That committee does have that power. POTUS isn’t an all-powerful dictator and there are still checks-and-balances.

It's not even worth debating with this imbecile any longer.

He's either so ignorant on the subject that it's not worth it, or he knows that we're right and he's choosing to push out a lie anyways. Either way, not worth it.

TRUMP said:
There’s a lot of talk about Biden’s son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that, so whatever you can do with the attorney general would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it. … It sounds horrible to me.
man that looks terrible. we need impeachment now.*

You realize none what they released is verbatim right?
It's not true that none of it is verbatim. A lot of the notes are verbatim and were written contemporaneously by the people listening. They're not an official transcript so they have to put that disclaimer because the listeners are not held to the standard of, say, a stenographer.

It's not true that none of it is verbatim. A lot of the notes are verbatim and were written contemporaneously by the people listening. They're not an official transcript so they have to put that disclaimer because the listeners are not held to the standard of, say, a stenographer.

It is either verbatim or it isn't, that's what verbatim means. Regardless, he admitted on the summary that he told Rudy and Barr to discuss this with Ukraine. How can you possibly think that should be ignored?

i was assured by several people in this thread and the other thread that trump 100% was threatening to pull aid from ukraine unless they dug up intel on joe biden.

now that the full transcript is out, the goal post is shifting yet again. who didnt see this coming?

Reactions: UCFKnightfan08
The nuts in the House and Pelosi are going to wish they didn't ignorantly fly off the handle and start impeachment proceedings before actually knowing what the facts of this are.

i was assured by several people in this thread and the other thread that trump 100% was threatening to pull aid from ukraine unless they dug up intel on joe biden.

now that the full transcript is out, the goal post is shifting yet again. who didnt see this coming?

The transcript points to other conversations, you realize that right? The goalpost isn't shifting at all. This whole thing was never based on a single conversation, Trump is the one who made it about a single conversation.

Mueller report was never fully released. Why?
you do realize all members of congress were able to view the entire unredacted muller report in person. they just couldnt make a copy/record it. also you can purchase your own copy right now. in fact a quick google search will bring it up for you.

this is a stupid statement.

The transcript points to other conversations, you realize that right? The goalpost isn't shifting at all. This whole thing was never based on a single conversation, Trump is the one who made it about a single conversation.

lol this entire complaint has centered around a single call in July. That is literally what was reported and stated up until now.

the whistle blower talked of a specific conversation. now you are telling me we need to look at other conversations? how is that not shifting the goal post? maybe later ill use that search function to see some your past quotes on the matter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT