ADVERTISEMENT

Formal Trump Impeachment Inquiry

the whistle blower talked of a specific conversation. now you are telling me we need to look at other conversations? how is that not shifting the goal post? maybe later ill use that search function to see some your past quotes on the matter.

Trump in his summary pointed to other conversations! Good lord, this isn't complicated.

Reactions: DaShuckster
lol this entire complaint has centered around a single call in July. That is literally what was reported and stated up until now.

So the other conversations the summary points to should just be ignored? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

So the other conversations the summary points to should just be ignored? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Oh noz! The President had other discussions with a foreign leader!

This is the exact call that was referenced by the media as having been derived from the "whistleblower complaint" and it doesn't even remotely suggest there was anything promised or threatened for any action at all.

Reactions: UCFBS and UCFWayne
You’re missing the part with the President admitting what he did, which does not free him from the long arms of justice .
There was no quid pro quo as reported. At some point you have to ask yourself why you keep falling for the lies of the media or the liberals. Let's be honest here, if anyone believes the anti-trump crowd at this point you either really hate Trump or you're just not too smart.

Reactions: UCFBS and UCFWayne
Oh noz! The President had other discussions with a foreign leader!

This is the exact call that was referenced by the media as having been derived from the "whistleblower complaint" and it doesn't even remotely suggest there was anything promised or threatened for any action at all.

Good lord, this is pointless, but I will give it one more try. The call clearly shows he was setting up other conversations with Rudy and with Barr on the topic. Those conversations, are certainly relevant to this whole thing. Is that really that difficult to understand?

Just so we're all on the same page.

Asking a foreign government to investigate a political opponent is bad even if you don't explicitly say you'll withhold funds if they refuse and you just strongly imply it.

Hope this helps.

Even if you don't imply it, It's still bad to ask a foreign government to investigate a political opponent.

In fact I think it's safe to say that a president should never ask a foreign government to investigate a political opponent for any reason or it would be bad.

Now you have the white house trying to bury a whistleblower report that is also an illegal act. You have a partial transcript where future conversations about digging up dirt on a political opponent are set up. You have a blatant request to reinstate a Russian puppet prosecutor. You have a blatant request to re-investigate Biden.

Republicans can stubbornly insist that no wrongs have been committed here but I've seen some of the things they get mad at democrats for doing and if this was AOC and not Trump they'd have already committed 5 mass shootings on the Mexican border to protest.

Just another Hail Mary political stunt by the dems.
It could very well backfire, like it did on the Republicans in the '90s.

I mean, the convictions for Whitewater and other, business dealings were one thing. But once they made it about Monica, it was completely another thing. But at least it was done by an independent counsel.

Now we have Mueller gone, who didn't give the Democrats what they wanted. In fact, he kept refusing to phrase it like they wanted -- and flat out stated there was nothing to charge him with, in addition to not exonerating him either. Most people picked up on that, even if the US Media narrative only focused on the latter.

So now we have a very partisan claim, about a partisan claim. Let me repeat that again ... a very partisan claim, about a partisan claim. It starts with Trump's partisan claim, and now the counter-partisan claim. This really opened the floodgates on why Trump was spied on, and makes the Democrats look like hypocrites, when it's not being done by an independent counsel.

Let me say that again ... it's not being done by an independent counsel.

I'm just pointing out how many voters are going to look at it, regardless of what the US Media says, or what the Democratic controlled House thinks. This could really backfire, just like it did on the Monica situation.

Just so we're all on the same page.

Asking a foreign government to investigate a political opponent is bad even if you don't explicitly say you'll withhold funds if they refuse and you just strongly imply it.

Hope this helps.

Where did he ask Ukraine to investigate a political opponent? He offered support to investigate corruption.

Oh, THE HORROR!

Reactions: UCFWayne
Now you have the white house trying to bury a whistleblower report that is also an illegal act.
You mean like how the Chinagate report on Loral was held back for 2 years? Everyone tries to excuse that, but the reality is ... there was a huge conflict-of-interest in the White House, given the #1 personal donor.

You have a partial transcript where future conversations about digging up dirt on a political opponent are set up. You have a blatant request to reinstate a Russian puppet prosecutor. You have a blatant request to re-investigate Biden. Republicans can stubbornly insist that no wrongs have been committed here but I've seen some of the things they get mad at democrats for doing and if this was AOC and not Trump they'd have already committed 5 mass shootings on the Mexican border to protest.
If you start pointing the 'Russian puppet' finger, you hit a lot of Democratic lawyers who were far more involved with Russian than Cohen. I'm sorry but WTF is the US Media going to start looking at Podesta, for starters?

That fact alone is why I'm so tired of this. I want all politicians held accountable, not just who the Democrats and US Media say should be. But Mueller is gone now, and objectivity is a joke.

Where did he ask Ukraine to investigate a political opponent? He offered support to investigate corruption.

Oh, THE HORROR!

You think that summary is the only conversation about this? Even though in that summary, he said there would be conversations going forward?

You mean like how the Chinagate report on Loral was held back for 2 years? Everyone tries to excuse that, but the reality is ... there was a huge conflict-of-interest in the White House, given the #1 personal donor.

If you start pointing the 'Russian puppet' finger, you hit a lot of Democratic lawyers who were far more involved with Russian than Cohen. I'm sorry but WTF is the US Media going to start looking at Podesta, for starters?

That fact alone is why I'm so tired of this. I want all politicians held accountable, not just who the Democrats and US Media say should be. But Mueller is gone now, and objectivity is a joke.

Ah yes, the "Russian puppet" trump offers support to one of Russias biggest geopolitical foe . Lol, you almost can't even make this stuff up.

Reactions: UCFWayne and UCFBS
Good lord, this is pointless, but I will give it one more try. The call clearly shows he was setting up other conversations with Rudy and with Barr on the topic. Those conversations, are certainly relevant to this whole thing. Is that really that difficult to understand?
Honestly, where does it end? Seriously.

Get an independent counsel re-assigned to investigate
. Don't let the Democratic party do it. And, frankly, if it happens again ... it's not going to be limited to just Trump this time. That's why the Democrats don't want to assign another. The Republicans are going to 'fire back' this time.

Obama was extremely silent on the Russians interfering with the American public for a reason. It points to both parties, especially the Democratic party before the Ukrainian situation. A lot of the 'Russian Puppets' in Ukraine, Kazakhstan, et al. were Democratic during the 2012-2014 years, and removed from office by 2015, for a reason.

No one talks about that in the US Media. The FOIA releases have listed all those involved, but not what they were doing.

You think that summary is the only conversation about this? Even though in that summary, he said there would be conversations going forward?

I'm sure if we investigate this, we will find out that trump talked to somebody, and that person talked to somebody, and that person talked to somebody, and then a 3rd party heard a rumor about what somebody said so impeach. REEEEEEEEE!

Honestly, where does it end? Seriously.

Get an independent counsel re-assigned to investigate
. Don't let the Democratic party do it. And, frankly, if it happens again ... it's not going to be limited to just Trump this time. That's why the Democrats don't want to assign another. The Republicans are going to 'fire back' this time.

Obama was extremely silent on the Russians interfering with the American public for a reason. It points to both parties, especially the Democratic party before the Ukrainian situation. A lot of the 'Russian Puppets' in Ukraine, Kazakhstan, et al. were Democratic during the 2012-2014 years, and removed from office by 2015, for a reason.

No one talks about that in the US Media. The FOIA releases have listed all those involved, but not what they were doing.

An independent council doesn't handle impeachment proceedings.

I'm sure if we investigate this, we will find out that trump talked to somebody, and that person talked to somebody, and that person talked to somebody, and then a 3rd party heard a rumor about what somebody said so impeach. REEEEEEEEE!

Or you know, Rudy and Barr who he says were going to talk to them, and Rudy has admitted it. But I see why you ignore that part.

Ah yes, the "Russian puppet" trump offers support to one of Russias biggest geopolitical foe . Lol, you almost can't even make this stuff up.
Ask any NATO commander, the biggest Russian puppet was Obama before the Ukrainian situation 'went hot.' Russia rolled out S-400, and Obama still wouldn't roll out THAAD. He refused to, and even implemented the 'Russian wish,' only NTW which did not protect 80% of NATO. And anytime someone said 'Patriot,' I just laughed. The Russians spent their money well in the US Media to get Americans to think US missile defense 'destabilized regions.'

Anyone who was involved with missile defense went, 'WTF?! The Russians roll out S-400, and we're telling the Navy to protect Europe? What happened to the 'BMDO-MDA 'overlayed defense in depth' principle that we promised to NATO?! And then we all heard the soundbite. Obama was the ultimate appeaser that, as we know now, the Russians were violating the treaty any way. Same with Iran. It gets so old, especially since W. got blamed for Clinton's (actually Carter's) agreement with North Korea.

I mean, if you're a Democrat, why care when the US Media is just going to blame the Republicans for the problems with the treaty? It's just like Antifa, why care when the US Media is just going to blame alleged right-wing groups or even Trump supporters? Just like what the south did, every violence was blamed on African-Americans ... until passive resistance as used, and caught on-camera by ABC (who 'went against' the other networks).

Or you know, Rudy and Barr who he says were going to talk to them, and Rudy has admitted it. But I see why you ignore that part.
Great, Rudy and Barr talked to them. And? We were told that trump had a conversation where he threatened Ukraine if they didn't dig up dirt on the son of a geriatric who was obviously placed in a position to use his father's political influence to enrich a private foreign company. That conversation didn't happen, but REEEEEEEEEE!

Great, Rudy and Barr talked to them. And? We were told that trump had a conversation where he threatened Ukraine if they didn't dig up dirt on the son of a geriatric who was obviously placed in a position to use his father's political influence to enrich a private foreign company. That conversation didn't happen, but REEEEEEEEEE!

If Rudy or Barr threatened them on behalf of Trump you think that is cool?

Nope. But is there any evidence that it happened? Nope. IMPEACH!

That's the point of investigating it, obviously. And Rudy admitted to talking to them. ANd also, didn't Trump admit in a press conference he threatened to withhold money?

That's the point of investigating it, obviously. And Rudy admitted to talking to them.
You want to investigate based on a rumor. Lulz. You guys shot your wad on this one way too soon. At least wait to see if trump cuts aid to them or if Ukraine actually goes after Biden before you jump in.

Rachel maddow is probably going to cry and will have to buy another emotional support cat over it. The rest of the country is nothing more than annoyed by this.

You want to investigate based on a rumor. Lulz. You guys shot your wad on this one way too soon. At least wait to see if trump cuts aid to them or if Ukraine actually goes after Biden before you jump in.

Rachel maddow is probably going to cry and will have to buy another emotional support cat over it. The rest of the country is nothing more than annoyed by this.
They had a 2 year special investigation based on a rumor and a pile of lies. If it worked once...

SO when the president admitted to witholding aid in a press conference, that is just a rumor?

Oh, THE HORROR!
He named Biden. He didn't say please look into corruption. He said look into Biden. It is what it looks like on the surface.

Asking is the issue. We don't need to wait and see for that.

There really is zero reason for this board to exist.

Idiot inbreds like 85, gal and Wayne have already decided that they will back their orange baboon 100%, no matter what. They don't give a shit about facts or logic. Trump is their God.

Nothing you post will ever change their mind. Literal mindless drones.

Reactions: MACHater02
You want to investigate based on a rumor. Lulz. You guys shot your wad on this one way too soon.
Based on a rumor? So the fact that a whistleblower report was filed, approved by the GC, and squashed by Trump’s DOJ is a rumor. The fact that Trump admitted he asked Ukraine’s leader to look into possible corruption by his political opponent’s son is a rumor? The fact that Trump’s personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, told a Fox News TV audience that the State Dept. asked him to personally follow-up with the Ukrainian leader is just rumor? The fact that Trump’s COS told the Pentagon to hold up on its $371 million military aid a week before Trump’s phone call is a rumor?

When these ‘rumors’ are out there, isn’t it the House of Representatives’ Constitutional responsibility to investigate? I’m not sure I get what “wad” we shot too soon.

lol at these nitwits in the House

Gee, if only there were a way to put someone else in the White House. Perhaps a way to do this that occurs next year in November. But alas there is no way to put someone you want there!

Gee, if only there were a way to put someone else in the White House. Perhaps a way to do this that occurs next year in November. But alas there is no way to put someone you want there!

By this logic, impeachment should never be an option since there is always an upcoming election.

Reactions: DaShuckster

I don't really think anyone in the House thinks Trump will be removed from office. It's a political play/gamble. They want to investigate so more stuff can be out in the open. Even if it's not illegal - if they can paint Trump in a negative light - moderates and sane Republicans won't turn out for him.

To reiterate, you don't need a direct quid pro quo for this to be impeachable. Asking a foreign leader to have his government reopen an investigation into a political opponent is impeachable. Its an investigation that was closed, where Biden was cleared of wrongdoing. It's is enough without a direct quid pro quo. However it sure looks like a quid pro quo.

The duties of Congress are outlined in the constitution and this is part of our mythical "checks and balances" system. The democrats will follow the constitution and the republicans will go against ethics in order to maintain political power.

Make the republicans go on record with a vote even if we already know what the result will be.

This is going to bite both sides in the butt. Now Ukraine is saying that a DNC insider asked them for dirt on Trump in 2016. The Ukraine President is saying there was "no pressure" put on by Trump in that call. The "whistleblower's" attorney donated to Biden campaign. And Attorney General William Barr says he hasn't talked to Ukraine about it ... he hasn't talked to Trump about it ... and Trump never asked him to do anything with Ukraine.

Meanwhile, the "squad" says the call was "worse than they thought".... which is laughable (or mentally deranged) ... because the initial reports was that Trump threatened aid unless they investigated Biden.... and Democrats have clearly moved the goal posts now.

So now it is "impeachable" to ask another country to investigate a political rival. Good luck impeaching Trump when Trump says he didn't exert any pressure, the Ukraine President says Trump didn't exert any pressure and William Barr says he never even called them about it. All you have left is a fantasy (again).

This is going to bite both sides in the butt. Now Ukraine is saying that a DNC insider asked them for dirt on Trump in 2016. The Ukraine President is saying there was "no pressure" put on by Trump in that call. The "whistleblower's" attorney donated to Biden campaign. And Attorney General William Barr says he hasn't talked to Ukraine about it ... he hasn't talked to Trump about it ... and Trump never asked him to do anything with Ukraine.

Meanwhile, the "squad" says the call was "worse than they thought".... which is laughable (or mentally deranged) ... because the initial reports was that Trump threatened aid unless they investigated Biden.... and Democrats have clearly moved the goal posts now.

So now it is "impeachable" to ask another country to investigate a political rival. Good luck impeaching Trump when Trump says he didn't exert any pressure, the Ukraine President says Trump didn't exert any pressure and William Barr says he never even called them about it. All you have left is a fantasy (again).

I am pretty sure that has always been impeachable. We have our own DOJ for that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT