ADVERTISEMENT

Former Prosecutor Charged in Arbury Murder Case

DaShuckster

Diamond Knight
Nov 30, 2003
Well imagine THAT! The former prosecutor in the Georgia county where Ahmaud Arbury was murdered for jogging through a neighborhood - with an initial, 'no harm, no foul' response from the police until a video of the murder went viral -- has now been charged with violating her oath of office to protect the two 'Good Ole Boys' who shot him.

What do you think guys? If I didn't know better, I might suspect this was an example of institutionalized racism.

In more recent news: white supremacist liberal puts on a gorilla mask and throws eggs at uppity black man running for governor.

Reactions: _glaciers
Now would you like to comment on the actual topic of the thread? Or just going to avoid that?
The funny thing is, back when this story first broke with the video tape, we had a lengthy thread with folks here cautioning that we should wait to "see how this thing plays out before jumping to conclusions."

With the arrest of the former DA, has this story 'played out' enough for you guys now?

The funny thing is, back when this story first broke with the video tape, we had a lengthy thread with folks here cautioning that we should wait to "see how this thing plays out before jumping to conclusions."

With the arrest of the former DA, has this story 'played out' enough for you guys now?

Yeah, a prosecutor essentially trying to cover up a murder should be concerning to everyone, but on this board tweedle dee and tweedle dum have to hijack the conversation before it can even get started.

Last edited:

That thread changed topics from arbury to Floyd in about 2 pages. I don't recall very much dissent on the arbury case.

Well imagine THAT! The former prosecutor in the Georgia county where Ahmaud Arbury was murdered for jogging through a neighborhood - with an initial, 'no harm, no foul' response from the police until a video of the murder went viral -- has now been charged with violating her oath of office to protect the two 'Good Ole Boys' who shot him.

What do you think guys? If I didn't know better, I might suspect this was an example of institutionalized racism.

UNEDUCATED REDNECKS

Yes, the person who threw an egg at Elder is a jackass. Now would you like to comment on the actual topic of the thread? Or just going to avoid that?
Sure. The prosecutor should go to prison.

See how easy it is to get conservatives to condemn racism? With liberals, not so much.

• Haha
Reactions: KNIGHTTIME^

yeah I'm pretty sure the criminal was killed by the peaceful protesters

Sure. The prosecutor should go to prison.

See how easy it is to get conservatives to condemn racism? With liberals, not so much.

But why was your first reaction to just completely change the topic and not just address the OP? Regardless of the OPs intent there's potentially an interesting discussion to be had there involving institutions.

I also think the Elder thing is interesting as well and there's a good conversation there about woke white liberals.

But why was your first reaction to just completely change the topic and not just address the OP? Regardless of the OPs intent there's potentially an interesting discussion to be had there involving institutions.

I also think the Elder thing is interesting as well and there's a good conversation there about woke white liberals.
Racism is a human condition, not a political one. The egg-throwing female protestor in a gorilla mask is every bit as disgusting -- but not as deadly -- as those folks down in Georgia who thought they could thwart justice because the victim happened to be a black man. It still blows me away that Arbury's mother was told by a police officer that her son died during the commission of a crime.

There really isn't an interesting discussion to be had about institutions though. The prosecutor was caught and is being charged, which is how it pretty much always works. It's a fake issue that people use to virtue signal. Nothing more, nothing less.

"Because the victim happened to be black".

The OP always assigns motive based on race. Somehow he hasn't figured out that the rest of us know he does this out of political motivation.

There really isn't an interesting discussion to be had about institutions though. The prosecutor was caught and is being charged, which is how it pretty much always works. It's a fake issue that people use to virtue signal. Nothing more, nothing less.

aight man

Okay, I'll bite. :) A white jogger's death under the exact same circumstances would have been treated the same way?
Even in the report you shared, nothing mentioned race as a motivation. The prosecutor had a professional relationship with the father of the shooter so she recused herself from the case. Beyond that, "allegedly" is the operative term in the article.

"Though Johnson immediately recused herself from Arbery’s case due to the conflict of interest, on the day of the shooting she allegedly asked Waycross District Attorney George Barnhill to provide legal guidance to Glynn County police. After refusing herself, she purportedly recommended Barnhill to take the case — without disclosing their prior correspondence."

You have ascribed racial motivations to this story. There is no evidence whatsoever that is even a consideration, but you immediately went there without even thinking twice.

aight man
If the prosecutor had no idea who the family was, maybe you could link this to institutional racism. Since she knew them and worked with the dad, don't you think that the bias was more likely based on that than being a flaming racist?

You have ascribed racial motivations to this story.
HEEEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOO.....The timeline you just read states Aubury was shot dead on the street while jogging on Feb. 23 and charges were finally filed on....(drumroll)......MAY 7th???!?

You honestly believe that 'the police connection' would explain away that amount of time if the victim had been a white lawyer out for a Sunday jog?

You honestly believe that the police would have gone to the victim's family to inform them he was shot during the commission of a crime??? Really??? You really think it would have taken two and a half months and a viral video to cause folks to go, "hmmm, something doesn't smell right here"?

Even when an investigative article was published about the case, it still took a viral video for the incident to get the wheels of justice turning. The fact that I'm even having to explain the level of institutionalized racism in this case speaks volumes.

If the prosecutor had no idea who the family was, maybe you could link this to institutional racism. Since she knew them and worked with the dad, don't you think that the bias was more likely based on that than being a flaming racist?

Sure, I'm 100% open to that. I'm making no claim as to motive here. I just take exception to that idea that in-group vs out-group power dynamics would never come in to play and that almost all instances of such are rooted out by a virtuous self policing system. It just doesn't stand to reason, we're social animals after-all. As a whole I do like to believe it bends that direction though. That's the larger discussion I felt would be interesting if people were willing to be good actors and have it.

HEEEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOO.....The timeline you just read states Aubury was shot dead on the street while jogging on Feb. 23 and charges were finally filed on....(drumroll)......MAY 7th???!?

You honestly believe that 'the police connection' would explain away that amount of time if the victim had been a white lawyer out for a Sunday jog?

You honestly believe that the police would have gone to the victim's family to inform them he was shot during the commission of a crime??? Really??? You really think it would have taken two and a half months and a viral video to cause folks to go, "hmmm, something doesn't smell right here"?

Even when an investigative article was published about the case, it still took a viral video for the incident to get the wheels of justice turning. The fact that I'm even having to explain the level of institutionalized racism in this case speaks volumes.
Still insisting that race was the defining factor when clearly there is a more reasonable explanation. A preexisting relationship between the family and the prosecutor is the complication.

I just take exception to that idea that in-group vs out-group power dynamics would never come in to play and that almost all instances of such are rooted out by a virtuous self policing system.
Whether this was a simple case of corrupt cops protecting their own or not, the circumstances surrounding the case never lent themselves to an explanation that passed 'the mustard test.'

Sure, I'm 100% open to that. I'm making no claim as to motive here. I just take exception to that idea that in-group vs out-group power dynamics would never come in to play and that almost all instances of such are rooted out by a virtuous self policing system. It just doesn't stand to reason, we're social animals after-all. As a whole I do like to believe it bends that direction though. That's the larger discussion I felt would be interesting if people were willing to be good actors and have it.
Did the white lady wearing a gorilla mask throw eggs at Larry Elder because he's black and she is a racist? We both know the answer to that is "no". Do you see why I replied in the way I did now?

Clearly, our education system doesn’t do enough to educate us about the science or history of mankind. If it did, we would see the disappearance of the ape insult.

Whether this was a simple case of corrupt cops protecting their own or not, the circumstances surrounding the case never lent themselves to an explanation that passed 'the mustard test.'
But the "racism" explanation passes the test. It always does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT